(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 164.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is there a Monkey in this Game?

No but from what I read Grandpa Munster was a dirty old bastard. Lol. Used to Love when he was on Howard Stern. You would never guess he was on a family show.

#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No but from what I read Grandpa Munster was a dirty old bastard. Lol. Used to Love when he was on Howard Stern. You would never guess he was on a family show.

Grandpa Munster was a personal friend of Ron Jeremy too lol...

And I agree with the Premium comment 100% it looks very nice indeed

#1554 5 years ago

I don't know if Butch Patrick is involved in any way with this game (I admittedly haven't kept up with this thread), but @bretbmf, @ajnada, and I do a weekly horror podcast, and we're slated to interview him in mid-November for our "horror TV shows" episode. We'll ask him what (if anything) he knows about it.

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

it's not just you, I saw that too and thought it was strange. I can't tell if it's underwear or a two piece bathing suit...

It looks to be a dress with a crotch-triangle design.

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I don't know if Butch Patrick is involved in any way with this game (I admittedly haven't kept up with this thread), but bretbmf, ajnada, and I do a weekly horror podcast, and we're slated to interview him in mid-November for our "horror TV shows" episode. We'll ask him what (if anything) he knows about it.

He knows about it...I spoke with Butch & his wife at the CT HorrorFest last month. His wife showed me pics of the pin on her phone. He claims it'll be released in March, '19. He was a bit fuzzy on that but I have no reason not to believe him. Very nice people, by the way....

#1557 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

He knows about it...I spoke with Butch & his wife at the CT HorrorFest last month. His wife showed me pics of the pin on her phone. He claims it'll be released in March, '19. He was a bit fuzzy on that but I have no reason not to believe him. Very nice people, by the way....

Well did her pics of the pin look anything like the ones we’ve been discussing here? How many levels are there? What did you notice?

#1558 5 years ago

March will align with the Butch Patrick appearance slated on the Munsters website. Time will tell I guess.....

Meet Munsters Star Butch Patrick in Person:
Mar 22-24 2019
Texas Pinball Festival
Frisco Convention Center - Frisco, Texas
texaspinball.com
Munster Koach & Dragula Tribute Cars Display

#1559 5 years ago

I can honestly say I like the black and white better. Same picture doesn’t look right in colour to me.

4E477DB3-E927-469E-B77F-E4CA006BD557 (resized).jpeg4E477DB3-E927-469E-B77F-E4CA006BD557 (resized).jpeg99A77246-B978-4B10-A2C1-42DC6836AEC2 (resized).jpeg99A77246-B978-4B10-A2C1-42DC6836AEC2 (resized).jpeg
#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I can honestly say I like the black and white better. Same picture doesn’t look right in colour to me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The color picture is using goofy extreme coloring on the face so it photographs better in B/W. If they toned the color version of her face down to match the coloring on her arm, for example, it would look much more natural, like that sample opening to the series that dude colorized very naturally.

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

March will align with the Butch Patrick appearance slated on the Munsters website. Time will tell I guess.....
Meet Munsters Star Butch Patrick in Person:
Mar 22-24 2019
Texas Pinball Festival
Frisco Convention Center - Frisco, Texas
texaspinball.com
Munster Koach & Dragula Tribute Cars Display

If that's the case then Stern will not have 3 Cornerstones in 2018, which would be a big miss. Pretty sure they will announce in 2018 and ship at least the Pro and some LEs this year.

#1562 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's the case then Stern will not have 3 Cornerstones in 2018, which would be a big miss. Pretty sure they will announce in 2018 and ship at least the Pro and some LEs this year.

From what a few distributors are saying this will Not be out this year contrary to what several have claimed as fact on this thread. Early 2019 is what was always stated. My Guess is they will use this as the show stopper release at the TX show to slow down any possible momentum from Deeproots celebration. Again, that part is just my Guess without fact.

#1563 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From what a few distributors are saying this will Not be out this year contrary to what several have claimed as fact on this thread. Early 2019 is what was always stated. My Guess is they will use this as the show stopper release at the TX show to slow down any possible momentum from Deeproots celebration. Again, that part is just my Guess without fact.

As much as I am looking forward to the reveal of this pin, I guess the longer it takes to come out the longer I have to save up

Fingers crossed that premium art makes it to production, love that art package!

#1564 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is there a Monkey in this Game?

I hope not, cause the SJW's will screw Munsters up too !

At least the great thing about Stern is the game is shown when its done
and there is no chance for the keyboard warriors to mess it up.

Sucks for AP how everything has gone to shit over 1 stupid comment

Just hope the keyboard clowns don't screw it up for E3

This PC bullshit is pissing me off.

Rant off

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sucks for AP how everything has gone to shit over 1 stupid comment

What? I missed this, what’s happened? I was pretty pleasantly surprised and excited by Oktoberfest.

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What? I missed this, what’s happened?

a cartoon monkey assaulted some cartoon ladies

and a girl was eating a hot dog while smiling

oh no !

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#1567 5 years ago

Apologies Munsters fans for off topic

I just don't want to see future titles ruined by BS !

AP is gonna bow to the keyboard jockeys

Hope Sterns got some balls

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Used to Love when he was on Howard Stern.

#1569 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Apologies Munsters fans for off topic
I just don't want to see future titles ruined by BS !
AP is gonna bow to the keyboard jockeys
Hope Sterns got some balls

Stern has proven many times that they dont give a shit about pinside comments and if you say anything negative on Facebook they will just block you. They give zero shits about that stuff. Its heres the game, dont like it just wait 3 months and we will try again.

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Stern has proven many times that they dont give a shit about pinside comments and if you say anything negative on Facebook they will just block you. They give zero shits about that stuff. Its heres the game, dont like it just wait 3 months and we will try again.

Amen.....The way it should be.
When it comes to my job im the expert, it's a rare occasion when I take advice from somebody else unless it's a fellow expert in my field. How long has stern been doing this?? Let them do what they do. As a consumer I'll decide what I'll buy or not buy.
Seems so simple.

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well did her pics of the pin look anything like the ones we’ve been discussing here? How many levels are there? What did you notice?

They didn't look like the pics posted already.... the ones posted here on Pinside were not the pics that she had. Hard to really tell from her phone any nuances of the game, but they weren't the pics that have been thrown around here. She gave me her private info to send the eventual translite to for Butch to sign for me. Way above & beyond what you'd expect from someone. I hooked her up for something that they had been looking for (unrelated to pins) and she was very pleased and appreciative! Wish I could tell you more, but we'll all find out in March.

#1572 5 years ago

You'll see Munsters end of November or Early December or so.

Hold steady.

Game will be out long before Texas show and appearance by Butch. (That is not the reveal) But that cameo with Butch should be fun nonetheless.

#1573 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hold steady.
Game will be out long before Texas show and appearance by Butch. (That is not the reveal) But that cameo with Butch should be fun nonetheless.

Agreed. Stern doesn't "reveal" games at Texas, but that is the first opportunity for many to play the game.

#1574 5 years ago

I doubt it since Beatles jumped ahead of Munsters. Beatles will have the new release spotlight the next 3 months

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hold steady.

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I doubt it since Beatles jumped ahead of Munsters. Beatles will have the new release spotlight the next 3 months

Aren't they only making 100 of these... Would hope it wouldn't take that long to sell them all.......

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Aren't they only making 100 of these... Would hope it wouldn't take that long to sell them all.......

They're making 1,964 of these, 1,614 of which are "Gold" and the rest are Platinum and Diamond. This will not be a rare/desirable machine. Way too many made, and way too underwhelming package.

#1577 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're making 1,964 of these, 1,614 of which are "Gold" and the rest are Platinum and Diamond. This will not be a rare/desirable machine. Way too many made, and way too underwhelming package.

Why am I thinking of this whenever The Beatles pin is mentioned? And yes, I know is isn't Yellow Submarine based.....

yellow (resized).jpgyellow (resized).jpg
#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hold steady.

You keep saying this as well as the release prior to Beatles which Also didn’t happen. I suspect you are in for a disappointment this year.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You keep saying this as well as the release prior to Beatles which Also didn’t happen. I suspect you are in for a disappointment this year.

Didn't you know that if you believe in your own rumor and say it over and over...You eventually come to believe it, and it will come true.

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Are we not in a speculation thread?

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hold steady.

All good here...Not doing Beatles, and have others to play while I wait....No biggie...A MunstersLE coming to me when available...

#1582 5 years ago

Today, I received 8 Mail Order Catalogs....4 of them had Munster T shirts, Several different...
DVD sets, Toys....I dont recall ever seeing anything like this in years past....
Anything else coming to market other than this Pin?

#1583 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Today, I received 8 Mail Order Catalogs....4 of them had Munster T shirts, Several different...
DVD sets, Toys....I dont recall ever seeing anything like this in years past....

Just from the Bradford exchange..
They have some Munster stuff..I did buy the clock

clock2 (resized).jpgclock2 (resized).jpg

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It's funny you should say that. I was at Walmart this afternoon and saw some interesting Halloween DVD compilations in a small section. Various scary Scoobys and such, including some Munsters for about $5 a DVD. I didn't think at the time to memory lock how many episodes were included, but I think it was 4, at least it was for one of the 3 different Scooby DVDs, which interested me much more than the Munsters.

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I won't be disappointed. Munsters is happening.

It's the 3rd cornerstone. John Borg mentioned in the facebook factory stream that his game is coming next month.

Beatles was a Kapow - those can drop anytime. Munsters is still on track.... Late November, Early December - it's coming.

#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

They have some Munster stuff..
[quoted image]

The car is amazing for a topper.

https://m.bradfordexchange.com/products/128557001_the-munsters-family-car-musical-sculpture.html

#1587 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1588 5 years ago

A few weeks ago I would have said Munsters, if done right, would be my next game.

But then CGC came out with MBr (priced quite nicely) then they reeeeally got my attention with the recent AFMr price drop. Holy Shit!

AS took like 2 years to finish. Any rumors on how long it will take to finish Munsters? Does anyone ever get intel about that?

Anyone else apprehensive about Munsters pricing? Will Stern raise prices? Hold steady? Lower? Inquiring minds want to know.

#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

They have some Munster stuff..I did buy the clock
[quoted image]

That clock is awesome! They also have a lamp that is sweet too!

#1591 5 years ago

At 11" you might as well get a matchbox car. Way too small to put on the backbox.

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A few weeks ago I would have said Munsters, if done right, would be my next game.
But then CGC came out with MBr (priced quite nicely) then they reeeeally got my attention with the recent AFMr price drop. Holy Shit!
AS took like 2 years to finish. Any rumors on how long it will take to finish Munsters? Does anyone ever get intel about that?
Anyone else apprehensive about Munsters pricing? Will Stern raise prices? Hold steady? Lower? Inquiring minds want to know.

They will not lower prices guaranteed, but if they keep raising them they are going to start losing customers real soon im afraid, me being one of them. I would wait and see what Munsters looks like before jumping in on a MBR. I have a feeling that Munsters is going to be a must have game!

#1593 5 years ago

The hype is strong with this one

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At 11" you might as well get a matchbox car. Way too small to put on the backbox.

I hope that Stern surprises us with a nice original topper....(personally I think that the Munster Koach it can be a good option, perhaps in front view like the Batmobile)

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will not lower prices guaranteed, but if they keep raising them they are going to start losing customers real soon im afraid, me being one of them. I would wait and see what Munsters looks like before jumping in on a MBR. I have a feeling that Munsters is going to be a must have game!

Stern lowered the MAP a few games back.

Honestly the $400 color rom is the #1 reason I’m not on the CGC bandwagon. When Stern makes a legit Pro they’re about $1K less than CGC CE. But when Premium is the way to go with Stern that’s when CGC CE + Color rom shines a bit more.

First world problems. Woe is me. I better post about my delimma here

It sure feels like a $5,999 Monster Bash is move to take market share.

Are we finally at the point where competition drives up quality & drives down prices?

In terms of waiting for Munsters that was my plan but then I remembered it’s best to wait 2 years after release when it’s a Stern. That’s a lot of waiting! You could argue those days are behind us but we heard that with Avengers.

Maybe CGC will release Elvira when Stern releases theirs lol.

#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern lowered the MAP a few games back.
Honestly the $400 color rom is the #1 reason I’m not on the CGC bandwagon. When Stern makes a legit Pro they’re about $1K less than CGC CE. But when Premium is the way to go with Stern that’s when CGC CE + Color rom shines a bit more.
First world problems. Woe is me. I better post about my delimma here
It sure feels like a $5,999 Monster Bash is move to take market share.
Are we finally at the point where competition drives up quality & drives down prices?
In terms of waiting for Munsters that was my plan but then I remembered it’s best to wait 2 years after release when it’s a Stern. That’s a lot of waiting! You could argue those days are behind us but we heard that with Avengers.
Maybe CGC will release Elvira when Stern releases theirs lol.

I would love to see a CGC Scared Stiff with the upgraded lighting, large screen, improved graphics, powdered coated armor and not routed to death.

#1597 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I won't be disappointed. Munsters is happening.
It's the 3rd cornerstone. John Borg mentioned in the facebook factory stream that his game is coming next month.
Beatles was a Kapow - those can drop anytime. Munsters is still on track.... Late November, Early December - it's coming.

My Munsters LE is going to look great next to my TRON VE Christmas morning!

#1598 5 years ago

What’s the Tron VE delivery date?

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I hope that Stern surprises us with a nice original topper....(personally I think that the Munster Koach it can be a good option, perhaps in front view like the Batmobile)

Full size Koach would be fantastic, but I don't think Stern is that ambitious.

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What’s the Tron VE delivery date?

2/29/19

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/32?hl=acaciolo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.