(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 164.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

One of my past times is smoking cigars and this is a guy who does a great job reviewing them; he is a former musician from SoCal and used work with Butch Patrick aka Eddie. At the end of his cigar reviews he will write about his interactions with Butch. Search on his site and you can find them at the end of his cigar Reviews. Here is a sample, he has written many stories about his time with Butch.
https://kohnhed.com/2016/01/31/alec-bradley-nica-puro-rosado-cigar-review/
Edit: when you click on the link scroll down past the review, the commentary is amazing!! I would be interested if @vid has any stories.

Cool cigar review, I smoke them from time to time and enjoyed the way he does reviews.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have to admit I am pretty excited to see Munsters revealed. Lower playfield? Upper playfield? Main playfield? Lifting staircase ramp with subway? So many cool possibilities.

Dreams my friend

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

A clock with a raven that pops out.

Stern there’s your topper!!

Would be great having the raven pop out of the topper and hilarious when it scares the shit out of guests, brilliant!

#1504 5 years ago

Why is no one talking about this?

4A77D492-FA8E-4AFB-9735-EC4066E73A14 (resized).jpeg4A77D492-FA8E-4AFB-9735-EC4066E73A14 (resized).jpegD28B2BCF-8BC7-4A8D-B18D-85809E234D3B (resized).jpegD28B2BCF-8BC7-4A8D-B18D-85809E234D3B (resized).jpeg
#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

[quoted image][quoted image]

There is several pages of discussion on these leaked photos, they have been posted several times already. I love the premium if that’s made it to production happy days!

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is several pages of discussion on these leaked photos, they have been posted several times already. I love the premium if that’s made it to production happy days!

Oh! Guess I missed it!

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh! Guess I missed it!

Pinside has been removing the leaked photos. mnpinball stated they had been revised since those mock ups have been created.

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Pinside has been removing the leaked photos. mnpinball stated they had been revised since those mock ups have been created.

Hopefully they decided to add flipper buttons now.

#1509 5 years ago

Premium for me!

Now hurry up Stern and get this thing released with solid code!

#1510 5 years ago

Apparently no humor is allowed on pinside today.

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Lame is what that was.

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It will have at least one regular playfield and a minimum of two flippers.
I'm pretty safe saying that.

JodyG
I'll say it has flipper buttons. Pretty certain on that also.

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

JodyG
I'll say it has flipper buttons. Pretty certain on that also.

Funny how uptight people can be in a place that is supposed to be their outlet for things they enjoy and have fun with. To those people: you're doing it wrong.

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The artwork on the premium model is outstanding. I really dont see any way to improve on it and it fits the theme perfectly.

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Funny how uptight people can be in a place that is supposed to be their outlet for things they enjoy and have fun with. To those people: you're doing it wrong.

I thought your comment was humorous - that's why I added flipper buttons to my list. It's good.

Safe bet it will have flipper buttons. All in for flipper buttons.

I am usually not a mod guy, but green light up buttons might be nice, depending on color of the cabinet of course.

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

The artwork on the premium model is outstanding. I really dont see any way to improve on it and it fits the theme perfectly.

I agree. I like the different art on both sides, but man... the Munster's Koach car is iconic and I'm going to have to rearrange my gameroom so I can stick that side facing outward into the room (assuming that the production cab follows these designs of course). I even had a 1/24 scale plastic model of the Munster's Koach when I was a kid.

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I thought your comment was humorous - that's why I added flipper buttons to my list. It's good.
Safe bet it will have flipper buttons. All in for flipper buttons.
I am usually not a mod guy, but green light up buttons might be nice, depending on color of the cabinet of course.

No worries my friend, I was talking about the other guy

#1518 5 years ago

Is it just me, or does it look like Lily is just in her underwear?

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

No worries my friend, I was talking about the other guy

He's ok too.

Everybody needs to relax and think about the Munsters coming !

#1520 5 years ago

Lack of flipper and start buttons on the LE cabinet art. Yep. Hilarious. It is brought up every time the cabinet pictures are posted.

#1521 5 years ago

I have yet to hear or read if the LCD will be all black/white animations or a mixture of some colored animations and black/white. I'm hoping for a mixture.

#1522 5 years ago

It will interesting to see what LCD will show. Many possibilities. Just like the playfield. Rich for opportunities for really good stuff.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have yet to hear or read if the LCD will be all black/white animations or a mixture of some colored animations and black/white. I'm hoping for a mixture.

I think they could colorize the clips. As they'd also probably just enhance or alter them also so that the animations work for the machine. As a normal clip just played might lack energy. Black and white could work. I just think. It's pinball, the more color the better.

In regards to the show though, I always think watching it in black and white is the best choice. Just exudes a creepier atmosphere. The spiders webs and smoke and dust just look that much better in black and white.
Also the makeup they wore was designed for black and white and not really color use.... Yes, they did shoot the pilot in color, and the main reason they shifted to black and white was it was like 10k cheaper per episode. But, they did alter the makeup for herman and grandpa after the pilot.

#1524 5 years ago

Lots of color in Munster Go Home.

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I think they could colorize the clips. As they'd also probably just enhance or alter them also so that the animations work for the machine. As a normal clip just played might lack energy. Black and white could work. I just think. It's pinball, the more color the better.
In regards to the show though, I always think watching it in black and white is the best choice. Just exudes a creepier atmosphere. The spiders webs and smoke and dust just look that much better in black and white.
Also the makeup they wore was designed for black and white and not really color use.... Yes, they did shoot the pilot in color, and the main reason they shifted to black and white was it was like 10k cheaper per episode. But, they did alter the makeup for herman and grandpa after the pilot.

I don't disagree about LCD color animations, but if you look at the mock up cabinet pictures, the animation screen shots are in black and white. I feel the playfield will be in color.

Having said that, it may depend on where the animations come from...the original black and white tv series or some of the latest releases in Technicolor and beyond.

I kinda have a feeling the game may start off in the old days of black and white and as you progress through the game, the animations become colorized. In a way, something similar in how Deadpool starts off as 8-bit and progresses to Hi-Def.

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Lots of color in Munster Go Home.

And also in Munsters' Revenge

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yes. It is not allowed unless you’re in the special club.

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So, everything was designed for black and white, looks better that way, but they should color the clips for the LCD?

I've gone cross-eyed.

#1529 5 years ago

I’d prefer they keep the show clips in B&W, just the way I remember them. Loved the show as a kid and still love it today. Hope Stern really hits a home run on this one.

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

So, everything was designed for black and white, looks better that way, but they should color the clips for the LCD?
I've gone cross-eyed.

Only the LE is black and white. All the other packages are going to be color. If those photos are to be believed. The LE will probably be hte lowest selling. As its capped.

I prefer color, because black and white will wash out while playing. And it'll pop more... But, if they just use black and white I'll be fine with that.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only the LE is black and white. All the other packages are going to be color. If those photos are to be believed. The LE will probably be hte lowest selling. As its capped.
I prefer color, because black and white will wash out while playing. And it'll pop more... But, if they just use black and white I'll be fine with that.

I wasn't referencing the LE being Black and White.....only your own comment that everything was designed for Black and White in the show, and then reversing yourself to say that the clips should be colorized.

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I wasn't referencing the LE being Black and White.....only your own comment that everything was designed for Black and White in the show, and then reversing yourself to say that the clips should be colorized.

Wasn't reversing. I just really think in terms of pinball and playing that having colored clips would read better, and would add more energy. But, if they're black and white I won't mind either.
I"m happy with whatever they choose. Just so long as its uniform and not just alternating and a hodge podge mess. Not saying it can't alternate, just would like a rhyme or reason why it would.
I think this could be one heck of a machine...

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Wasn't reversing. I just really think in terms of pinball and playing that having colored clips would read better, and would add more energy. But, if they're black and white I won't mind either.
I"m happy with whatever they choose. Just so long as its uniform and not just alternating and a hodge podge mess. Not saying it can't alternate, just would like a rhyme or reason why it would.
I think this could be one heck of a machine...

Just thinking about this. IF the LE is all B&W, cabinet, playfield and display, there could be a setting to adjust the display between B&W or color since the premiums will most likely be colorized. The display monitor could handle transitioning that...

I'm just looking forward to the TRUE reveal and hopefully soon because I would rather the Munsters than MBR.....

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Just thinking about this. IF the LE is all B&W, cabinet, playfield and display, there could be a setting to adjust the display between B&W or color since the premiums will most likely be colorized. The display monitor could handle transitioning that...
I'm just looking forward to the TRUE reveal and hopefully soon because I would rather the Munsters than MBR.....

I went in on a Monster Bash LE.
Mainly because of how blown away with it in person I was. Now, the Wheeling Expo was my first expo, and up until then I didn't play on that many pinball machines in my life. So keep in mind I have a very narrow and limited experience with pinball machines. That was hands down the favorite machine I played. I had the most fun on it, I liked how it looked the best. Just blew me away. Not saying I didn't enjoy a lot of other machines. When I hit the left ramp in White Water my jaw hit the floor and I let out a huge WOW that's really cool. And also the hype loop on Star Wars Prem/LE was my second favorite ramp that I hit that weekend, and the game itself was a real blast too. But, I went in on a Monster Bash just because I felt an LE was too good and too nice of a machine to pass up. There was a ticking clock on that one.

But, if Munsters is a great game, I'm going to get one too. And I have no doubt Munsters will be deeper... Should be deeper, should have more replay-ability and it should look really nice... Next to my Monsters Bash that is!!!!!
I just figure their will be time for me to buy the Munsters. As its not released yet and two, I think I'll wait a few months after the release to get my machine. That way they'll have some of the bugs figured out.

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

ditto...

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

#fakenews

#1537 5 years ago

Can we please stop perpetuating this low-IQ, non-word? There's no such thing. There's either NEWS, or if it's the opposite, it's misinformation, disinformation, or propaganda or any of a number of other real words.

#1538 5 years ago

pinside-meme (resized).jpgpinside-meme (resized).jpg

#1539 5 years ago

If it *is* a black and white playfield, I am weeping at the thought that people will be color-bombing it with LEDs. Ugh.

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

If it *is* a black and white playfield, I am weeping at the thought that people will be color-bombing it with LEDs. Ugh.

Not to worry. Just black and white ones.

LTG : )

#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can we please stop perpetuating this low-IQ, non-word? There's no such thing. There's either NEWS, or if it's the opposite, it's misinformation, disinformation, or propaganda or any of a number of other real words.

#fakenews

#1542 5 years ago

Guys, lets leave all the politics out of this thread.
I go to pinside to have fun and escape reality. Don't care if you're right or left. As it has no bearings on pinball.
And yes, I knew full well that when I posted upon the speculation that those photos of the cabinet artwork mockups, that they could be fake...
They could also be real... I don't think we need to do a disclaimer stating the obvious... Besides, in the past certain leaks have proven to be correct.
So there is a chance those designs are really close to the final official product... Just like there is a chance they are not.

I did not mean any harm posting what I posted.

#1543 5 years ago

I am so badly hoping those designs are legit. That would probably be my favorite artwork of a pinball machine ever!!!!!

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Premium looks like....LE is god awful

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Premium looks nice....LE is god awful

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Guys, lets leave all the politics out of this thread.
I go to pinside to have fun and escape reality. Don't care if you're right or left. As it has no bearings on pinball.
And yes, I knew full well that when I posted upon the speculation that those photos of the cabinet artwork mockups, that they could be fake...
They could also be real... I don't think we need to do a disclaimer stating the obvious... Besides, in the past certain leaks have proven to be correct.
So there is a chance those designs are really close to the final official product... Just like there is a chance they are not.
I did not mean any harm posting what I posted.

I don't think anyone was being seriously political, maybe with the exception of Vireland complaining about the expression. I'm not even from the states, and the meme was pure sarcasm. I thought it was pretty obvious myself...

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Its really not fake news its more selective news!

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Is it just me, or does it look like Lily is just in her underwear?

it's not just you, I saw that too and thought it was strange. I can't tell if it's underwear or a two piece bathing suit...

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am so badly hoping those designs are legit. That would probably be my favorite artwork of a pinball machine ever!!!!!

I think we will all know early next year. Excited and hope they do this great theme justice.

#1550 5 years ago

Is there a Monkey in this Game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.