(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 164.
#1401 5 years ago

Munsters news will be soon, it's John's next game and it is next month.

Anything else heard is just noise. Don't worry, no bug infestation for awhile.

#1403 5 years ago

Alrighty!

That’s the news we want to hear!

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The word among expo is 4 insects first.

divert-munsters-to-beatles.gifdivert-munsters-to-beatles.gif
#1405 5 years ago

Just Noise from the misinformed, trolls etc. No worries.

No beetles (resized).jpgNo beetles (resized).jpg
#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They always have multiple games on the line...nothing is really ever competing with other games. More titles = more possible sales from different demographics. Deadpool will be in production for 3 years, so doubt they’d delay a game due to sales of another. If people want Deadpool they’ll want Deadpool. If they want Munsters they’ll want Munsters.

This post should be pinned to the top of the Pinside Forum.

#1407 5 years ago

Getting my down payment ready for Sterns next pin - Munsters!!!!!!

#1408 5 years ago

Not keen on kid friendly horror themes. I'm a fully grown 48 year old man and I want proper R rated horrors like Saw, Evil Dead or Halloween.

The Addams Family was a mega hit because it was based on a massive movie with a new cast. Not the original TV show. Not sure this will do well for Stern, the TV show was for children, so the humor is going to be very juvenile.

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Not keen on kid friendly horror themes. I'm a fully grown 48 year old man and I want proper R rated horrors like Saw, Evil Dead or Halloween.
The Addams Family was a mega hit because it was based on a massive movie with a new cast. Not the original TV show. Not sure this will do well for Stern, the TV show was for children, so the humor is going to be very juvenile.

Just curious, does Monster Bash have adult or juvenile humor?

#1410 5 years ago

The guy that did a colorization test portfolio for Munsters opening did a great job. I'm not usually down with colorization, but his is really subtle work that looks organic. This would look great for the video clips used in the game.

#1411 5 years ago

Agreed.... much better than straight up color or black and white. I hope Stern is reading this thread!

#1412 5 years ago

Munsters has a campy, nostalgia thing going for it, sort of like BM66 for me....definitely excited to see/ play it

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're probably trying to squeeze out whatever deadpool sales they can before killing it for good by announcing almost anything else. I don't blame them. When you have a weak hand, you have to play it hard if you're not folding straight out.

Yeah Deadpool is dead, so won’t be long

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah Deadpool is dead, so won’t be long

Nope!

Stern makes 3 games per year and sells them for years!

#1415 5 years ago

If the LE does indeed have black and white artwork on the cab, and happily flaunting it, then colorized video doesn't mesh well aesthetically.

#1416 5 years ago

Beatles next .

#1417 5 years ago

Please forgive a newbie, but how many has Stern released this year? Looking for first pin and hoping for a good Munsters.

#1418 5 years ago

3 cornerstone title's per year. This year has been Iron Maiden, Deadpool and the Third one will be John Borg's game and coming next month. It's The Munsters.

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Beatles next .

Nope.

#1420 5 years ago

If released next month, how long does it typically take to actually get one?

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

If released next month, how long does it typically take to actually get one?

Depends how quick you order. About 3 weeks?

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Depends how quick you order. About 3 weeks?

OK. Thank you.

#1423 5 years ago

If memory serves, Stern posted a teaser for Guardians of the Galaxy on Halloween of last year.

Seems like history could repeat this year, especially with the theme being what it is.

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The guy that did a colorization test portfolio for Munsters ...

Test?

I know the b/w series but I remember seeing the Munsters in the 90s in color.

Was that colorized or a new series?

#1425 5 years ago

They had a color Munsters movie special, but that's it to my knowledge. The series never made the jump to color and never was colorized.

#1426 5 years ago

Just checked my memory: The 1964 Munsters were first shown in 1991 in germany... and therefore they had to colorize it (I assume sine I and everyone else in german forums remeber it colorized).

But somehow that seems lost, since the reruns and DVDs now are in b/w. (I've seen the b/w series AFTER I've seen it in color.) Strange.
Maybe the rights to the colorization belong to that TV station.

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They had a color Munsters movie special, but that's it to my knowledge. The series never made the jump to color and never was colorized.

They was a theatrical Munsters movie made in 1966 called "Munster, Go Home" filmed in color. It was filmed just after production of season 2 ended and had all the original cast except Marilyn who was played by someone else.

It was made to introduce foreign audiences to the show prior to its international syndication. It was also released domestically but didnt do that great because audiences were getting tired of it by then.

There was also a made for TV reunion movie called "Munsters' Revenge" in color that came out in 1981. It featured the original cast except for Eddie and Marilyn.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They was a theatrical Munsters movie made in 1966 called "Munster, Go Home" filmed in color. It was filmed just after production of season 2 ended and had all the original cast except Marilyn who was played by someone else.
It was made to introduce foreign audiences to the show prior to its international syndication. It was also released domestically but didnt do that great because audiences were getting tired of it by then.
There was also a made for TV reunion movie called "Munsters' Revenge" in color that came out in 1981. It featured the original cast except for Eddie and Marilyn.

This is correct. I have the DVD set. See my post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/10#post-4560889

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re still doing your “I hate comedy” schtick? It’s not funny.

I love comedy, good comedy that is. Sorry but if you find pinball humor to be "quality comedy" then I really having nothing else to say.

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I really having nothing else to say.

Finally.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Beatles next .

I’m wanting the Munsters. But I’ve heard that Beatles are next, Munsters early 2019.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I’m wanting the Munsters. But I’ve heard that Beatles are next, Munsters early 2019.

Munsters is next month.

#1433 5 years ago

Getting ready to pickup my Munsters soon

#1434 5 years ago

Why don't you go play Nintendo and think its good, then laugh at the jokes in family guy which is unfunny garbage. Finally? not a chance.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Munsters is next month.

I hope you’re correct.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I hope you’re correct.

Call your distributor and preorder!

#1437 5 years ago

What typically ships first....Pros ?

#1438 5 years ago

Pro...LE...Premium

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love comedy, good comedy that is. Sorry but if you find pinball humor to be "quality comedy" then I really having nothing else to say.

There's some genuinely funny stuff in Houdini. The dude escalating awards, then saying HOLY S***! cracks me up every time. It was so unexpected the first time, but the way he says it is funny or at least humorous every time. I don't want yuk yuk comedy beginning to end, but some occasional comedy or inside jokes are welcome, especially if they're in an out of the way place in the game.

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why don't you go play Nintendo and think its good, then laugh at the jokes in family guy which is unfunny garbage. Finally? not a chance.

Cool story, bro. What a joyless life...

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Some are pretty funny. MM and AFM have a few funny lines, CFTBL has tons of funny stuff, RZ takes it to a whole new edgy level with Captain Spaulding. There are several others but those are the top 4 that come to mind.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Family Guy is pretty funny.

#1443 5 years ago

Elvira 3 will have more humor then The Munsters

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Some are pretty funny. MM and AFM have a few funny lines, CFTBL has tons of funny stuff, RZ takes it to a whole new edgy level with Captain Spaulding. There are several others but those are the top 4 that come to mind.

Add SS and FGY to your list and you have a comedy six pack.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Add SS and FGY to your list and you have a comedy six pack.

SS also has some good ones. For what ever reason I really like FG the show but the pinball machine just doesn't do it for me.

Now if stern would have stayed with Archer instead of IMDN we would have had some good lines in it.

#1447 5 years ago

The Munsters finally was revealed today...

On Cozi TV reruns ‍♂️‍♀️

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The Munsters finally was revealed today...
On Cozi TV reruns ‍♂️‍♀️

Anyone else see this? I would like confirmation.

#1449 5 years ago

Actually, all those who said Munsters would be first were wrong as Beatles info was released today.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/7

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Actually, all those who said Munsters would be first were wrong as Beatles info was released today.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/7

Yuck. That doesn't seem to be a "Cornerstone" title, more like a boutique pin.

Munsters may still come out this year.

Plot thickens.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.