(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 164.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah, same here.
Hey what about a Duck Tales pin?

Make it happen Ben!!!! I’m with you in that one

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And let's not forget Son of Svengoolie! A Chicago staple!

Sven deserves a pin!

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Sven deserves a pin!

Sven pin would be fun. And a secret wizard mode could be a three stooges mode.

#1304 5 years ago

Hoping John will bring back a magnet or possibly 2 ?

I don't think we have seen any magnet action since Metallica ? if i'm not mistaken ?

Very excited about The Munsters,

No short cuts please Stern.

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hoping John will bring back a magnet or possibly 2 ?
I don't think we have seen any magnet action since Metallica ? if i'm not mistaken ?
Very excited about The Munsters,
No short cuts please Stern.

Yes you are mistaken.John loves magnets. Since Metallica John put magnets in all of his games.

Walking Dead LE/Premiums have 2 (barn and well walker) and Pro's have one (barn).

Kiss LE/Premiums have one that "levitates" the ball.

All models of Aerosmith have one in front of the toy box.

Guardians LE/Premium has a big 3 magnet cluster and its a single magnet version on Pro version.

So I'd be very surprised if there isn't a magnet or 2 on the Munsters.

#1306 5 years ago

X-Men has a couple

#1307 5 years ago

What are the toys going to be? Car, Mansion, Lab, Cuckoo clock. I watched a bunch of Munsters in rerun growing up but honestly don't remember too much more. Addams Family always stuck out more in my mind.

Also, who's been here? People in TX recreated the mansion!

http://munstermansion.com

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.18.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.18.34 AM (resized).png
#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

What are the toys going to be? Car, Mansion, Lab, Cuckoo clock. I watched a bunch of Munsters in rerun growing up but honestly don't remember too much more. Addams Family always stuck out more in my mind.

Spot under the stairs!!! It's a MUST!!!! Would be a bad ass shot to make him roar. There are a TON of things that could be added.

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes you are mistaken.John loves magnets. Since Metallica John put magnets in all of his games.
Walking Dead LE/Premiums have 2 (barn and well walker) and Pro's have one (barn).
Kiss LE/Premiums have one that "levitates" the ball.
All models of Aerosmith have one in front of the toy box.
Guardians LE/Premium has a big 3 magnet cluster and its a single magnet version on Pro version.
So I'd be very surprised if there isn't a magnet or 2 on the Munsters.

Cool !

Thanks for that,

I'm embarrassed to admit I've not played any of those except for a few games on TWD. I found TWD to be awesome !
I really want to try Aerosmith and Guardians

Munsters should be a ton of fun !

Liking the idea of a trapdoor to lower pf or Spot under the stairs.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Spot under the stairs!!! It's a MUST!!!! Would be a bad ass shot to make him roar. There are a TON of things that could be added.

It’s a total “must” under the stairs ramp, but hopefully the ramp shot isn’t as bad as TWD Prem/LE compared to TWD Pro. Whar a night a day difference in rejects between the two.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Yeah, looking forward to a "stairs" ramp with a trap door in the middle of it. HAS to be done.

#1313 5 years ago

They've tried rebooting it so many times and it never works...there was a TV movie with Edward Hermann as Herman in the 90's, the Wayans were working on a movie version that ultimately didn't get made, there's the Mockingbird Lane pilot that tried to make them more serious and dramatic....just let it go - it was what it was and it was a perfect element of its time.

#1314 5 years ago

Is EXPO today? Any news on MUNSTERS?!!

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Any news on MUNSTERS?!!

No, because Pinside and the internet has not crashed from the amount of traffic that it will create.

#1316 5 years ago

Ha Ha at maniac. Nice.

I think we will see Production photos of Munsters sometime after Expo and before the end of the month. Hold tight - it's coming...

#1317 5 years ago

Yes - pinside will blow up when the Production Photos are shown.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - pinside will blow up when the Production Photos are shown.

Or when they actually acknowledge the title, or when the next assumed rumor is started, lol

#1319 5 years ago

What- they are making a Munsters pinball game?

Awesome!!

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What- they are making a Munsters pinball game?
Awesome!!

just a rumor

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They've tried rebooting it so many times and it never works...there was a TV movie with Edward Hermann as Herman in the 90's, the Wayans were working on a movie version that ultimately didn't get made, there's the Mockingbird Lane pilot that tried to make them more serious and dramatic....just let it go - it was what it was and it was a perfect element of its time.

It has proven very difficult to replace Fred Gywn as Herman.

#1322 5 years ago

When do we find out this Pin isn’t coming out?

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It has proven very difficult to replace Fred Gywn as Herman.

It's pretty hard to replace all the main characters. Grandpa is at least as iconic and unique as Herman. Marilyn is about the only one they could put almost anyone in the part. Same thing with The Little Rascals. All the tries at redoing it just fall flat due to a combination of casting, tone, and writing.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Little Rascals

Theres a pin Ive never heard mentioned.

#1326 5 years ago

Borg just confirmed on the Facebook Live video that his next game comes out next month!

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Borg just confirmed on the Facebook Live video that his next game comes out next month!

Ding Ding !

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Theres a pin Ive never heard mentioned.

Little Rascals could be a very cool pin. Tons of comedy, lots of great characters. The earliest stuff becomes public domain in just a few years.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

What !?! You don’t say.
It was funny hearing Jared’s response and cutting that interview short with Borg and Tucky.

#1330 5 years ago

If you watch the Stern Live Tour on their FB page, you can overhear a conversation with John Borg and Todd Tuckey, where Borg mentions his new game coming out next month.

So: Munsters is still next and it's coming in November!

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you watch the Stern Live Tour on their FB page, you can overhear a conversation with John Borg and Todd Tuckey, where Borg mentions his new game coming out next month.
So: Munsters is still next and it's coming in November!

Ding Ding - again

re: post 1325 , 1328

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ding Ding - again
re: post 1325

Is that video that old allready?

Oh my, gimme some LIVESTREAMS from Expo.
(There were some the years before, weren't they?)

And for that FB video. Borg says it's his favorite game together with Metallica and his first one...
...wich I still think is pure marketing BS, but everyone who is looking forward to a pin about a black an white sitcom who's long forgotten might like to hear this (again).

Now I go watch some silent movies.

#1333 5 years ago

No marketing BS - it's a theme John has wanted to do since 2009 .... This is going to be really good !

Photos sometime after Expo and probably before the month is out .

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No marketing BS - it's a theme John has wanted to do since 2009 .... This is going to be really good !

That it's a theme he wants to do doesn't make it work out (like Steve Ritchies lates efforts and struggles with license holders).
But with a license this old that should be no problem.

So, yeah. Maybe it will really be great.
I hope for every game to be a great game.

#1335 5 years ago

As mentioned before; come to Orlando for Free Play Florida and IAAPA. Barring schedule slips, I bet the Munsters is there. You can also play in a Stern Pro Circuit tournament...

http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm on your same side of the pond and Munsters make me think WTF

Gary Stern isn't stupid he knows who's buying pinball machines and it ain't 20 somethings. Batman 66, Munsters they will be more. I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing. Movies from the 80's, that list is very long #1 on the list a Star Trek pin based on all 6 films, I loved them all but would settle for a Wrath of Khan LE.

twok-header (resized).jpgtwok-header (resized).jpg
#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is that video that old allready?
Oh my, gimme some LIVESTREAMS from Expo.
(There were some the years before, weren't they?)
And for that FB video. Borg says it's his favorite game together with Metallica and his first one...
...wich I still think is pure marketing BS, but everyone who is looking forward to a pin about a black an white sitcom who's long forgotten might like to hear this (again).
Now I go watch some silent movies.

Addams Family was an old B&W sitcom...then became a smash movie and the #1 selling pin of all time. Spooky-Funny has always worked well for pinball...if done right, this game could be “Stern’s Addams”.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Photos sometime after Expo and probably before the month is out .

Wednesday 31st October seems like obvious date for a reveal of some sort.

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Gary Stern isn't stupid he knows who's buying pinball machines and it ain't 20 somethings. Batman 66, Munsters they will be more. I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing. Movies from the 80's, that list is very long #1 on the list a Star Trek pin based on all 6 films, I loved them all but would settle for a Wrath of Khan LE.
[quoted image]

My friend and I have been spit-baling a WOK pinball for some time. The common toy that survives all iterations is a LED Prefix Code screen with drop targets in front for each number. Then cue the scene of "Sir, our shields are down! Raise them! I can't!" Begin multi-ball.

#1340 5 years ago

"I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing."

You're kidding right? There are tons of great 80's movies to make a pinball for. I'd go bonkers for a Gremlins pin or Hellraiser. Other people have been calling for a Goonies pin. We still need a decent Freddy because that garbage pin isn't it. Also, we still don't have an accessible Alien or Predator pin.

They could go other routes like a Saturday morning cartoons or Muppets and it would have potential.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

"I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing."
You're kidding right? There are tons of great 80's movies to make a pinball for. I'd go bonkers for a Gremlins pin or Hellraiser. Other people have been calling for a Goonies pin. We still need a decent Freddy because that garbage pin isn't it. Also, we still don't have an accessible Alien or Predator pin.
They could go other routes like a Saturday morning cartoons or Muppets and it would have potential.

Agreed. The 80's are a goldmine of content: music, movies, and TV shows.

#1342 5 years ago

I am still shocked a Scooby Doo one has never been made. Been around longer than any animated series ever and has so many fans. Plus I can only imagine how cool of a board they can create with Mystery Inc., The Mystery Machine, and all the famous Monsters

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am still shocked a Scooby Doo one has never been made. Been around longer than any animated series ever and has so many fans. Plus I can only imagine how cool of a board they can create with Mystery Inc., The Mystery Machine, and all the famous Monsters

... I don’t mind a nice He-Man Pinball, to much potential with Grayskull for toppers, decals, characters,etc.

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Addams Family was an old B&W sitcom...then became a smash movie and the #1 selling pin of all time. Spooky-Funny has always worked well for pinball...if done right, this game could be “Stern’s Addams”.

Uhm... not to take from the game but from your argument:
That was 20+ years ago and to a new movie coming out as you say.
There is no Munters movie...

#1345 5 years ago

Before Scooby, I vote for Jonny Quest !

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uhm... not to take from the game but from your argument:
That was 20+ years ago and to a new movie coming out as you say.
There is no Munters movie...

I’m just saying - Spooky campy comedy works for pinball. Not saying the game will be good or sell well...just saying it has potential to have the same vibe, and that’s a vibe people find entertaining.

#1347 5 years ago

Sticking with spooky themes, it’s about time for a Friday 13th, nightmare elm street or Freddy vs Jason. These are no brainers (brainless per spell check) folks. American Pinball or Spooky should license them.

But Munsters is Stern’s spooky in a fun/campy way Pinball. Can’t wait to see and play one.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

ZOINKS!

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

You're kidding right? There are tons of great 80's movies to make a pinball for.

Sitcoms not movies read the post more carefully next time sir.

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m just saying - Spooky campy comedy works for pinball.

No it doesn't its terrible. I've played RZ and AMH and the comedy sucks. Its like the custom call outs for GB's and ST or the Hillbilly in TWD. Very rairly do they pull it off. STTNG comes to mind, and thats mostly because they didn't try to make it funny.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.