7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,681 posts
  • 378 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by Rolls-Royce
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 264 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mb04 (resized).jpg
    9D118B87-5D94-42EB-9462-FB5A1862A6BA (resized).png
    Munsters Puzzles.jpg
    9EC540D0-D607-40B2-89AF-18DB33152A45 (resized).png
    gp (resized).jpg
    91D53013-D813-4E9B-A7DB-B4E00E5500D6 (resized).jpeg
    5E46F08B-F176-4C7C-ACE6-956C7D215465 (resized).jpeg
    0105b72e3ccdd6a6ee4a66335a1fd96a642b3f3d.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 7.14.17 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 7.09.51 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 7.06.32 PM (resized).png
    joke (resized).jpeg
    6DB7E69F-EDCC-4909-9588-D8615EA6FA7A (resized).jpeg
    8EBA8FC0-E07C-4104-8EE2-181F21F995AD (resized).jpeg
    4D04F456-54A9-4261-80DD-4D7A8375D4AE (resized).jpeg
    stern (resized).jpg

There are 2681 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 54.
    #1301 67 days ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yeah, same here.
    Hey what about a Duck Tales pin?

Make it happen Ben!!!! I’m with you in that one

#1302 67 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

And let's not forget Son of Svengoolie! A Chicago staple!

Sven deserves a pin!

#1303 66 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Sven deserves a pin!

Sven pin would be fun. And a secret wizard mode could be a three stooges mode.

#1304 66 days ago

Hoping John will bring back a magnet or possibly 2 ?

I don't think we have seen any magnet action since Metallica ? if i'm not mistaken ?

Very excited about The Munsters,

No short cuts please Stern.

#1305 66 days ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Hoping John will bring back a magnet or possibly 2 ?
    I don't think we have seen any magnet action since Metallica ? if i'm not mistaken ?
    Very excited about The Munsters,
    No short cuts please Stern.

Yes you are mistaken.John loves magnets. Since Metallica John put magnets in all of his games.

Walking Dead LE/Premiums have 2 (barn and well walker) and Pro's have one (barn).

Kiss LE/Premiums have one that "levitates" the ball.

All models of Aerosmith have one in front of the toy box.

Guardians LE/Premium has a big 3 magnet cluster and its a single magnet version on Pro version.

So I'd be very surprised if there isn't a magnet or 2 on the Munsters.

#1306 66 days ago

X-Men has a couple

#1307 66 days ago

What are the toys going to be? Car, Mansion, Lab, Cuckoo clock. I watched a bunch of Munsters in rerun growing up but honestly don't remember too much more. Addams Family always stuck out more in my mind.

Also, who's been here? People in TX recreated the mansion!

http://munstermansion.com

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.18.34 AM (resized).png
    #1308 65 days ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

What are the toys going to be? Car, Mansion, Lab, Cuckoo clock. I watched a bunch of Munsters in rerun growing up but honestly don't remember too much more. Addams Family always stuck out more in my mind.

Spot under the stairs!!! It's a MUST!!!! Would be a bad ass shot to make him roar. There are a TON of things that could be added.

#1309 65 days ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Yes you are mistaken.John loves magnets. Since Metallica John put magnets in all of his games.
    Walking Dead LE/Premiums have 2 (barn and well walker) and Pro's have one (barn).
    Kiss LE/Premiums have one that "levitates" the ball.
    All models of Aerosmith have one in front of the toy box.
    Guardians LE/Premium has a big 3 magnet cluster and its a single magnet version on Pro version.
    So I'd be very surprised if there isn't a magnet or 2 on the Munsters.

Cool !

Thanks for that,

I'm embarrassed to admit I've not played any of those except for a few games on TWD. I found TWD to be awesome !
    I really want to try Aerosmith and Guardians

Munsters should be a ton of fun !

Liking the idea of a trapdoor to lower pf or Spot under the stairs.

#1310 65 days ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Spot under the stairs!!! It's a MUST!!!! Would be a bad ass shot to make him roar. There are a TON of things that could be added.

It’s a total “must” under the stairs ramp, but hopefully the ramp shot isn’t as bad as TWD Prem/LE compared to TWD Pro. Whar a night a day difference in rejects between the two.

#1311 65 days ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Yeah, looking forward to a "stairs" ramp with a trap door in the middle of it. HAS to be done.

#1313 62 days ago

They've tried rebooting it so many times and it never works...there was a TV movie with Edward Hermann as Herman in the 90's, the Wayans were working on a movie version that ultimately didn't get made, there's the Mockingbird Lane pilot that tried to make them more serious and dramatic....just let it go - it was what it was and it was a perfect element of its time.

#1314 61 days ago

Is EXPO today? Any news on MUNSTERS?!!

#1315 61 days ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Any news on MUNSTERS?!!

No, because Pinside and the internet has not crashed from the amount of traffic that it will create.

#1316 61 days ago

Ha Ha at maniac. Nice.

I think we will see Production photos of Munsters sometime after Expo and before the end of the month. Hold tight - it's coming...

#1317 61 days ago

Yes - pinside will blow up when the Production Photos are shown.

#1318 60 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - pinside will blow up when the Production Photos are shown.

Or when they actually acknowledge the title, or when the next assumed rumor is started, lol

#1319 60 days ago

What- they are making a Munsters pinball game?

Awesome!!

#1320 60 days ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

What- they are making a Munsters pinball game?
    Awesome!!

just a rumor

#1321 60 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They've tried rebooting it so many times and it never works...there was a TV movie with Edward Hermann as Herman in the 90's, the Wayans were working on a movie version that ultimately didn't get made, there's the Mockingbird Lane pilot that tried to make them more serious and dramatic....just let it go - it was what it was and it was a perfect element of its time.

It has proven very difficult to replace Fred Gywn as Herman.

#1322 60 days ago

When do we find out this Pin isn’t coming out?

#1323 60 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It has proven very difficult to replace Fred Gywn as Herman.

It's pretty hard to replace all the main characters. Grandpa is at least as iconic and unique as Herman. Marilyn is about the only one they could put almost anyone in the part. Same thing with The Little Rascals. All the tries at redoing it just fall flat due to a combination of casting, tone, and writing.

#1324 60 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

The Little Rascals

Theres a pin Ive never heard mentioned.

#1326 60 days ago

Borg just confirmed on the Facebook Live video that his next game comes out next month!

#1327 60 days ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Borg just confirmed on the Facebook Live video that his next game comes out next month!

Ding Ding !

#1328 60 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Theres a pin Ive never heard mentioned.

Little Rascals could be a very cool pin. Tons of comedy, lots of great characters. The earliest stuff becomes public domain in just a few years.

#1329 59 days ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

What !?! You don’t say.
    It was funny hearing Jared’s response and cutting that interview short with Borg and Tucky.

#1330 59 days ago

If you watch the Stern Live Tour on their FB page, you can overhear a conversation with John Borg and Todd Tuckey, where Borg mentions his new game coming out next month.

So: Munsters is still next and it's coming in November!

#1331 59 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you watch the Stern Live Tour on their FB page, you can overhear a conversation with John Borg and Todd Tuckey, where Borg mentions his new game coming out next month.
    So: Munsters is still next and it's coming in November!

Ding Ding - again

re: post 1325 , 1328

#1332 59 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ding Ding - again
    re: post 1325

Is that video that old allready?

Oh my, gimme some LIVESTREAMS from Expo.
    (There were some the years before, weren't they?)

And for that FB video. Borg says it's his favorite game together with Metallica and his first one...
    ...wich I still think is pure marketing BS, but everyone who is looking forward to a pin about a black an white sitcom who's long forgotten might like to hear this (again).

Now I go watch some silent movies.

#1333 59 days ago

No marketing BS - it's a theme John has wanted to do since 2009 .... This is going to be really good !

Photos sometime after Expo and probably before the month is out .

#1334 59 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

No marketing BS - it's a theme John has wanted to do since 2009 .... This is going to be really good !

That it's a theme he wants to do doesn't make it work out (like Steve Ritchies lates efforts and struggles with license holders).
    But with a license this old that should be no problem.

So, yeah. Maybe it will really be great.
    I hope for every game to be a great game.

#1335 59 days ago

As mentioned before; come to Orlando for Free Play Florida and IAAPA. Barring schedule slips, I bet the Munsters is there. You can also play in a Stern Pro Circuit tournament...

http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/

#1336 59 days ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm on your same side of the pond and Munsters make me think WTF

Gary Stern isn't stupid he knows who's buying pinball machines and it ain't 20 somethings. Batman 66, Munsters they will be more. I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing. Movies from the 80's, that list is very long #1 on the list a Star Trek pin based on all 6 films, I loved them all but would settle for a Wrath of Khan LE.

twok-header (resized).jpg
    #1337 59 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is that video that old allready?
    Oh my, gimme some LIVESTREAMS from Expo.
    (There were some the years before, weren't they?)
    And for that FB video. Borg says it's his favorite game together with Metallica and his first one...
    ...wich I still think is pure marketing BS, but everyone who is looking forward to a pin about a black an white sitcom who's long forgotten might like to hear this (again).
    Now I go watch some silent movies.

Addams Family was an old B&W sitcom...then became a smash movie and the #1 selling pin of all time. Spooky-Funny has always worked well for pinball...if done right, this game could be “Stern’s Addams”.

#1338 59 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Photos sometime after Expo and probably before the month is out .

Wednesday 31st October seems like obvious date for a reveal of some sort.

#1339 58 days ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Gary Stern isn't stupid he knows who's buying pinball machines and it ain't 20 somethings. Batman 66, Munsters they will be more. I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing. Movies from the 80's, that list is very long #1 on the list a Star Trek pin based on all 6 films, I loved them all but would settle for a Wrath of Khan LE.
    [quoted image]

My friend and I have been spit-baling a WOK pinball for some time. The common toy that survives all iterations is a LED Prefix Code screen with drop targets in front for each number. Then cue the scene of "Sir, our shields are down! Raise them! I can't!" Begin multi-ball.

#1340 58 days ago

"I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing."

You're kidding right? There are tons of great 80's movies to make a pinball for. I'd go bonkers for a Gremlins pin or Hellraiser. Other people have been calling for a Goonies pin. We still need a decent Freddy because that garbage pin isn't it. Also, we still don't have an accessible Alien or Predator pin.

They could go other routes like a Saturday morning cartoons or Muppets and it would have potential.

#1341 58 days ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

"I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing."
    You're kidding right? There are tons of great 80's movies to make a pinball for. I'd go bonkers for a Gremlins pin or Hellraiser. Other people have been calling for a Goonies pin. We still need a decent Freddy because that garbage pin isn't it. Also, we still don't have an accessible Alien or Predator pin.
    They could go other routes like a Saturday morning cartoons or Muppets and it would have potential.

Agreed. The 80's are a goldmine of content: music, movies, and TV shows.

#1342 58 days ago

I am still shocked a Scooby Doo one has never been made. Been around longer than any animated series ever and has so many fans. Plus I can only imagine how cool of a board they can create with Mystery Inc., The Mystery Machine, and all the famous Monsters

#1343 58 days ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am still shocked a Scooby Doo one has never been made. Been around longer than any animated series ever and has so many fans. Plus I can only imagine how cool of a board they can create with Mystery Inc., The Mystery Machine, and all the famous Monsters

... I don’t mind a nice He-Man Pinball, to much potential with Grayskull for toppers, decals, characters,etc.

#1344 58 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Addams Family was an old B&W sitcom...then became a smash movie and the #1 selling pin of all time. Spooky-Funny has always worked well for pinball...if done right, this game could be “Stern’s Addams”.

Uhm... not to take from the game but from your argument:
    That was 20+ years ago and to a new movie coming out as you say.
    There is no Munters movie...

#1345 58 days ago

Before Scooby, I vote for Jonny Quest !

#1346 58 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uhm... not to take from the game but from your argument:
    That was 20+ years ago and to a new movie coming out as you say.
    There is no Munters movie...

I’m just saying - Spooky campy comedy works for pinball. Not saying the game will be good or sell well...just saying it has potential to have the same vibe, and that’s a vibe people find entertaining.

#1347 58 days ago

Sticking with spooky themes, it’s about time for a Friday 13th, nightmare elm street or Freddy vs Jason. These are no brainers (brainless per spell check) folks. American Pinball or Spooky should license them.

But Munsters is Stern’s spooky in a fun/campy way Pinball. Can’t wait to see and play one.

#1348 58 days ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

ZOINKS!

#1349 58 days ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

You're kidding right? There are tons of great 80's movies to make a pinball for.

Sitcoms not movies read the post more carefully next time sir.

#1350 58 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m just saying - Spooky campy comedy works for pinball.

No it doesn't its terrible. I've played RZ and AMH and the comedy sucks. Its like the custom call outs for GB's and ST or the Hillbilly in TWD. Very rairly do they pull it off. STTNG comes to mind, and thats mostly because they didn't try to make it funny.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 78.00
    $ 999.00
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 9.95
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.95
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 2681 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside