(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 164.
#1251 5 years ago

Not a rant... Just a discussion...
Anyway... Let's get back onto The Munsters.
If this is the next pin... And it doesn't get announced in October, I will really be surprised. Seems like the perfect month.
I know they don't want to cannibalize deadpool sales. But, still this is a month for Ghosts and Ghouls.
Still looking to play Deadpool and others at Wheeling in a few weeks.

#1252 5 years ago

I think this will sell well in Australia hopefully not the Batman66 model with no Pro - game needs a pro to sell well

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ding fries are done.

Wait...no Munsters Expo?....

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Not a rant... Just a discussion...
Anyway... Let's get back onto The Munsters.
If this is the next pin... And it doesn't get announced in October, I will really be surprised. Seems like the perfect month.
I know they don't want to cannibalize deadpool sales. But, still this is a month for Ghosts and Ghouls.
Still looking to play Deadpool and others at Wheeling in a few weeks.

First off not sure that Any pin was ever released based on a holiday nor any reason that would matter? I suspect you will be disappointed in October if you were counting on Munsters. Just an opinion. Expo is still going to be a Great show with many Other surprises, great people, great games, and fun.

#1255 5 years ago

Yeeah, ok. Guess I already got a monster theme pin with Metallica. Be nice if Munsters go heavy on the 60's stuff and car culture. All that would go so great together. Is this going to be regular release or like BM66 and no pro?

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeeah, ok. Guess I already got a monster theme pin with Metallica. Be nice if Munsters go heavy on the 60's stuff and car culture. All that would go so great together. Is this going to be regular release or like BM66 and no pro?

Promo pictures have Pro, Prem, LE. Pricing is still a mystery, but I would assume "normal" (as in $200 bump from Deadpool).

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Expo is still going to be a Great show with many Other surprises, great people, great games, and fun.

Been..........going again......bought my BM66LE there.....agreed ( though seeing Munsters in person there would be cool).....

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

How am I insane... I think you all are just hating on Maiden cos you think it makes you cool.

People aren't hating on Maiden.

It's your insane claim that the machine is a horror theme not a theme based on the band and its music.

That just seems ridiculous.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait...no Munsters Expo?....

I would go there expecting not to see it, then if it is actually announced or shown then you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

FA16DB0F-C37C-4648-B905-FD09701F6723 (resized).pngFA16DB0F-C37C-4648-B905-FD09701F6723 (resized).png
#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I doubt Munsters was popular enough overseas to send half the LEs. I would guess more like 100-150.

I guess you are absolutely wrong, it was and is still popular.

#1261 5 years ago

I’m waiting to see an LE!

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

People aren't hating on Maiden.
It's your insane claim that the machine is a horror theme not a theme based on the band and its music.
That just seems ridiculous.

Okay... Well, by your logic.
Then the Munsters is a 60s Family Sitcom theme.
If you read what I posted. I said Iron Maiden isn't based on the band in terms of its MEMBERS and instruments.
But, their music and artwork and THEMES of their songs.

In pinball terms. They used Iron Maiden, just like how Creature of the Black Lagoon was used in that pin.
That pin isn't really about monsters, but rather the whole drive in experience.
Which is why I said I don't get the hate. Because at Iron Maidens core, its a MONSTER THEME...

Where is Bruce Dickinson... Where is Steve Harris... Where are the instruments...
YOU DON'T SEE THEM. Cos its focused on their MASCOT EDDIE.
WHO IS A BLOOMING MONSTER.

This post is my last one. You're either trolling me, or just a little obtuse to get my points and not once have you responded with anything to back up your statements.

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

This post is my last one. You're either trolling me, or just a little obtuse to get my points and not once have you responded with anything to back up your statements.

Is it Possible that not everyone agrees with your points or has to? You Can feel right without making everyone else agree with you no?

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is it Possible that not everyone agrees with your points or has to? You Can feel right without making everyone else agree with you no?

It's not about that.
It's fine not to agree. But, if Eddie isn't a monster.
Then what is he.
And again. How is Maiden not a monster pin.
You're all blind.

Maybe its semantics that we are arguing, but I believe their is a distinction... But, I've been trying to put this to bed, and you all just keep raising the dead.
And once again. Refute me fine. But, where's your arguments.
What you are all posting is akin to na haaaaa....

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You're all blind.
Maybe its semantics that we are arguing, but I believe their is a distinction...

But, I've been trying to put this to bed, and you all just keep raising the dead.
And once again. Refute me fine. But, where's your arguments.
What you are all posting is akin to na haaaaa....

The ONLY one arguing is You lol. Your point was made granted it has NOTHING to do with Munsters or the Thread title but your point is made so there is Nothing to refute??? You are arguing with Yourself! lol

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

It's not about that.
It's fine not to agree. But, if Eddie isn't a monster.
Then what is he.

Eddie is a demon, not a monster. There is a difference.

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Eddie is a demon, not a monster. There is a difference.

To argue that would be to argue semantics.
And that's a losing game.
And I never intended to argue anyone. I just put forth a valid explanation on why people need to loosen up on the Maiden hate.
And yes you are correct.
This is a thread about a nice family friendly sitcom.
So lets get back on the topic of Father Knows best.
And leave the Maiden talk to beaver... I mean to the past.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

These shows along with Batman and Munsters were prime time T.V., Back in the 60s.
They were all campy, but they were great entertainment.

Not sure about the rest of the country, but in Chicago The Munsters was on every day in syndication in the early 80's. I watched it every day along with The Monkees & Lost In Space.

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure about the rest of the country, but in Chicago The Munsters was on every day in syndication in the early 80's. I watched it every day along with The Monkees & Lost In Space.

And let's not forget Son of Svengoolie! A Chicago staple!

#1270 5 years ago

My buddy's 7 year old always want to play the "Mummy" game when He comes over, referring to Iron Maiden

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

My buddy's 7 year old always want to play the "Mummy" game when He comes over, referring to Iron Maiden

Be sure to tell that kid its actually a monster game

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ok, now that was funny! Thanks for making my Tuesday!

#1273 5 years ago

a Demon Monster , there there

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And let's not forget Son of Svengoolie! A Chicago staple!

I was aware of Svengoolie but didn't really pay much attention to it. Bozo the Clown was a real Chicago staple, though! Friggin' 10+ year wait for tickets!!!!

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Actually, I think so! I'll admit, I've been stuck on the 1991 TAF, and while I've seen still images from the b/w version, I have never felt the urge to see the source material. Raul Julia nailed that performance so well, I am too scared to look back any further ; ).

Julia , was the best part about those movies , but he's no John Astin. He also did a phenomenal job on providing some audio for the pinball machine.

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was aware of Svengoolie but didn't really pay much attention to it. Bozo the Clown was a real Chicago staple, though! Friggin' 10+ year wait for tickets!!!!

So..Confession time..Bozo used to scare the shit out of me growing up

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It's been a monster game for Stern

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

This post is my last one.

Folllowed immediately by TWO more post from this guy ( GIGGLE)

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Detroit too...

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Detroit too...

WKBD Channel 50. It was on our cable system in the 70's and 80's in Northwest Ohio.

Great stuff like Bill Kennedy at the movies and The Ghoul.

#1281 5 years ago

The Goul was the best...... he was a takeoff from Ghoulardi on 60’s Cleveland TV

#1282 5 years ago

And Sgt Sacto....

1E48069A-399B-42D0-8EA0-FD78FA89460C (resized).png1E48069A-399B-42D0-8EA0-FD78FA89460C (resized).png
#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I would go there expecting not to see it, then if it is actually announced or shown then you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
[quoted image]

The demographics of DEADPOOL and MUNSTERS fans don't really cross over tooo much, some but not incredibly.
But Yes, no point in debuting at EXPO do just prior or at IAAPA in Florida in November for the win!

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The demographics of DEADPOOL and MUNSTERS fans don't really cross over tooo much, some but not incredibly.
But Yes, no point in debuting at EXPO do just prior or at IAAPA in Florida in November for the win!

Agreed for me...not interested in Deadpool, but excited for Munsters...now about this Jacksonville thing...

#1285 5 years ago

You mean.... ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1287 5 years ago

Oh wow man... trip down memory lane. Forgot about the Ghoul...

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed for me...not interested in Deadpool, but excited for Munsters...now about this Jacksonville thing...

Me = love both themes!

#1289 5 years ago

Im ready for Iron Munsters!

#1290 5 years ago

Cleveland and Parma classics

C813AEE5-C4F3-4A03-BD0F-27F444CCD7D0 (resized).pngC813AEE5-C4F3-4A03-BD0F-27F444CCD7D0 (resized).pngE3BEE684-8CD4-4300-A282-631CB7886384 (resized).pngE3BEE684-8CD4-4300-A282-631CB7886384 (resized).png
#1291 5 years ago

Munsters will be late Nov or early Dec, 4 month's after DP, which was 4 month's after IM

#1292 5 years ago

if we are all just guessing i think Munsters will be revealed at Expo.

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Munsters will be late Nov or early Dec, 4 month's after DP, which was 4 month's after IM

Agree. Right timing. No Expo.

#1294 5 years ago

Agree also. But I think prototyp on expo is possible

#1295 5 years ago

If it isnt at Expo.....Come to IAPPA.....Ill offer floor room for sleeping bags, and 24/7 Munsters on the screen for a "fix".

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Got to attend the show, meet the legend, and even play a tug of war game on stage with cub scout troop. About 25 years ago.

Screenshot_20181010-114247_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181010-114247_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181010-114300_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181010-114300_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1297 5 years ago

Didn't Bozo Show has Transformers episodes laced inside of them?

Or am I remembering the 80s wrong?

#1298 5 years ago

Indeed they did. It was the whole reason I watched it!

#1299 5 years ago

Yeah, same here.

Hey what about a Duck Tales pin?

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah, same here.
Hey what about a Duck Tales pin?

How about your mini pinball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/26?hl=brootull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.