(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 164.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I think finally the Prem might be the best art package... I do think the LE looks slick and cool though and the handles are a nice touch.

I agree that Prem art package if it turns out to be the production art is fantastic!

But are those really handles on the LE or just part of the artwork? I’ve seen people say they are handles but in the photos they simply look flat/part of the art.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

If these turn out to be accurate. I think finally the Prem might be the best art package... I do think the LE looks slick and cool though and the handles are a nice touch. But, I just prefer more color to be honest. Its a pinball, it's meant to pop and perhaps be a little garish. But, the main thing is, I think the Munster Coach picture looks better on the side cab than translite, and I prefer the family portrait to be the translite.

Agree, I would prefer it to pop a bit too.

Also, Not sure where the brass/gold comes in. Has nothing to do with the Munsters... Adam's family maybe due to their gold stash... I think it would have looked really good in silver/platinum due to the show being in B/W... Kinda Silver Screen typish... Just my opinion

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Eddy has been in the game a long time, plenty of time to think about a new layout. Maybe Eddy already has a layout ready to go?

Would love if Eddy was working on a Godzilla pin...the new Godzilla Monster Island coming out next year would be good, but Godzilla vs. King Kong the following year would be phenomenal...

#1204 5 years ago

Munsters is next!! Hoping we will see the announcement from Chicago Pinball Expo in 2 weeks.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Munsters is next!! Hoping we will see the announcement from Chicago Pinball Expo in 2 weeks.

Huge +1!!!!!

#1206 5 years ago

Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread. Any speculation on how many flippers it’ll have?

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread. Any speculation on how many flippers it’ll have?

All 25 pages of this thread are based solely on non released (nor verified) prelim cabinet art images. Anything else is pure speculation so you didn't miss anything. lol

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All 25 pages of this thread are based solely on non released (nor verified) prelim cabinet art images. Anything else is pure speculation so you didn't miss anything. lol

+ .... it is Stern’s next release, unless it isn’t. + ... the game will be revealed in two weeks at Expo, unless it isn’t. But at least he came to the right place. This thread will get the pics first. Standing by Houston.

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

6 Flippers, 6 Pop bumpers, 6 drop targets.

#1210 5 years ago

1 Power cord.

Not speculation.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

1 Power cord.

Not speculation.

Gonna need at least 3 power cords or it's a hard pass from me!

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

6 Flippers, 6 Pop bumpers, 6 drop targets.

6 ramps, 6 levels maybe?

#1213 5 years ago

mnpinball stated lower playfield on the premium/LE but not the pro

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Lets see, probably 500 Le units sold. Half go overseas = 250. I would guess at least 50 flippers buying LE's to pump out some change on a quick flip.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Lets see, probably 500 Le units sold. Half go overseas = 250. I would guess at least 50 flippers buying LE's to pump out some change on a quick flip.

I doubt Munsters was popular enough overseas to send half the LEs. I would guess more like 100-150.

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I doubt Munsters was popular enough overseas to send half the LEs. I would guess more like 100-150.

Agreed, this is a very USA specific theme. It may be a good game but it is an odd theme.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Agreed, this is a very USA specific theme. It may be a good game but it is an odd theme.

It’s kind of like Thunderbirds. We over here across the pond are like WTF

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Based on the art that was leaked (if it turns out to be what’s made it to production) its premium all day for me love that leaked artwork for the premium.

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s kind of like Thunderbirds. We over here across the pond are like WTF

I'm on your same side of the pond and Munsters make me think WTF

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Geez, next thing you are gonna say is you weren’t a fan of the Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligans Island or Hogan’s Heroes? Wtf!

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Geez, next thing you are gonna say is you weren’t a fan of the Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligans Island or Hogan’s Heroes? Wtf!

lol but Benny Hill was a cross over!

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

lol but Benny Hill was a cross over!

Benny Hill would be too politically incorrect to make now a days.

#1223 5 years ago

Nobody would dare do Hogan’s heroes but could be a interesting play field. Barb wire, tunnels and great show clips on the screen to use.

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This theme appeals WAY more to me than some of the other silliness that passes as "wow, original, or whatever"...

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Iceman you may have just hit on two great pinball themes in Beverly Hillbillies and Gilligans Island.......

#1226 5 years ago

What's wrong with the theme? Classic monsters, campy old TV show charm, hot rods, and humor. I'm not exactly a fan of the tv show but that doesn't matter. It just sounds like a fun mix of things - kind of like Monster Bash / Batman 66 mashup. I am more excited about this game than some old arena rock band or random Marvel superhero theme.

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Benny Hill would be too politically incorrect to make now a days.

I use to laugh my ass off watching him

87432DEA-1907-40EE-93AD-1448FBCBF1DF (resized).png87432DEA-1907-40EE-93AD-1448FBCBF1DF (resized).pngBF071989-0EA5-4EE0-B0C3-91E3C5824916 (resized).pngBF071989-0EA5-4EE0-B0C3-91E3C5824916 (resized).png
#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

These shows along with Batman and Munsters were prime time T.V., Back in the 60s.

They were all campy, but they were great entertainment.

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:I doubt Munsters was popular enough overseas to send half the LEs. I would guess more like 100-150.

Quoted from clg:

Think again.

50 will sell in Australia alone!

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What's wrong with the theme? Classic monsters, campy old TV show charm, hot rods, and humor. I'm not exactly a fan of the tv show but that doesn't matter. It just sounds like a fun mix of things - kind of like Monster Bash / Batman 66 mashup. I am more excited about this game than some old arena rock band or random Marvel superhero theme.

Just so long as you don't mean Iron Maiden as an old arena rock band... They're a heavy metal band.... And Iron Maiden is not a band pin, its a monster themed pin. As its themed about Eddie their mascot created by the talented artist Derek Riggs.
But, yes... I think people who don't like the Munsters still should be able to enjoy the pin...
Just hope it shoots great... If its a great shooting pin, I'll definitely have to buy it.

#1231 5 years ago

Off course we don’t know yet how the Pro it will be, and I want to see it first before I place my order, but honestly if the Premium is the one that we have in the pics around.... it looks extremely nice, that purple in the rails, legs and lock bar, the art it looks amazing! I’m in for Premium, that cabinets convinced me and my Family.

I just own 3 Pins and LE, but this Munsters LE.... mmm not 100% convinced don’t know why

#1232 5 years ago

Maybe because there are zero pics of the actual playfield?

#1233 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1234 5 years ago

I’m not a big fan of mini lower or upper playfields. So that has me a bit worried about this one (if the rumors are true). But I love this theme, and I’m pretty excited to see what is revealed. Art and toys have potential to be really good.

#1235 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

I’m not a big fan of mini lower or upper playfields. So that has me a bit worried about this one (if the rumors are true). But I love this theme, and I’m pretty excited to see what is revealed. Art and toys have potential to be really good.

Rumour is the Pro won’t have the lower/upper playfield.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Think again.
50 will sell in Australia alone!

So using AMD's own 40/40/20 ordering rule more than Aerosmith or B66 and less than Ghostbusters or Star Wars.

In terms of domestic sales alone, not a flop but not earth shattering either.

#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Maybe because there are zero pics of the actual playfield?

...I believe in Stern in this one. I was writing about cabinets art, and by the way.... If you want space for another Pin I can help you with the Dracula that I just saw in your profile pics

#1238 5 years ago

Just got the Munsters season one and two for my birthday.

IMG_20181008_125557138 (resized).jpgIMG_20181008_125557138 (resized).jpg
#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...I believe in Stern in this one. I was writing about cabinets art, and by the way.... If you want space for another Pin I can help you with the Dracula that I just saw in your profile pics

Ed Robertson bought my Dracula, you'll have to speak with him

#1240 5 years ago

I know you were talking about cabinet art. I just think it's crazy that people would commit to buying a 10kplus game based on some photoshopped stickers....

I hope the game is awesome

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I know you were talking about cabinet art. I just think it's crazy that people would commit to buying a 10kplus game based on some photoshopped stickers....
I hope the game is awesome

Yes, nice photoshopped art + Borg/Franchi/Dwight, enough for some of us.... 15k Canadian maybe, yes that probably will happen until I try one.

We ordered 2 Star Wars L.E. and when we tried the Pro in our distributor place... we canceled both, not our game unfortunately. That can happen too, I don’t have a crystal ball for this one either, but I trust Stern in this one and Borg and Dwight.

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Just so long as you don't mean Iron Maiden as an old arena rock band... They're a heavy metal band.... And Iron Maiden is not a band pin, its a monster themed pin. As its themed about Eddie their mascot created by the talented artist Derek Riggs.
But, yes... I think people who don't like the Munsters still should be able to enjoy the pin...
Just hope it shoots great... If its a great shooting pin, I'll definitely have to buy it.

Iron Maiden is not a band pin? What the junk are you smoking? Iron Maiden is a band. Heavy metal band is still a band. They fly around on a jumbo jet and play in arenas. They have been around for decades. Stern made more than a few pins of bands like this and they all have a monster/devil/creature thing going on. I get why. Top selling pins are band themes so easy money. I just bet Stern could of sold a lot more Iron Maiden pins if they used a different theme for that layout.

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Iron Maiden is not a band pin? What the junk are you smoking? Iron Maiden is a band. Heavy metal band is still a band. They fly around on a jumbo jet and play in arenas. They have been around for decades. Stern made more than a few pins of bands like this and they all have a monster/devil/creature thing going on. I get why. Top selling pins are band themes so easy money. I just bet Stern could of sold a lot more Iron Maiden pins if they used a different theme for that layout.

Read what I typed.
I said Iron Maiden really isn't a band themed pin.
It's based around the bands music and mascot.
BUT NOT THE BAND!

And dude... I own EVERY Iron Maiden studio Album. A good chunk of their live albums. A couple of BluRay Dvds, and I bought some VHS back in the day.
I know about Iron Maiden.
I also own all of Bruce's solo work. Chemical Wedding to me is greatest Metal Album ever.
So don't talk to me about Maiden. I've probably seen them, more than most people on this thread.

I said I don't get why people slam this theme. If Munsters is a monster theme... Then so is Iron Maiden.
There is only one guitar reference total in the whole pinball machine.
That is during your combo animations.
DURING AN ANIMATION...
Where are the band members, where are the instruments....
THEY ARE NOT THERE. Because, this is a MONSTER THEME, based around Eddie their mascot, and the modes and artwork based around their songs and album covers. But, NOT THE BAND!

That is what I wrote. Which is why I really don't get why people hate on Iron Maiden. It's a HORROR theme, just like a lot of great pinball machines.
Lastly. Heavy Metal is not the same as Hard Rock... Different genres, different styles of music. I like hard rock, but I prefer Heavy Metal. Big difference is the sonic styles.
Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Scorpions, Motely Crue... Those are Old Arena Rock Bands... Iron Maiden is a Heavy Metal band that played in arenas... But, not an old Arena Rock band... There is a difference.

#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Read what I typed.
I said Iron Maiden really isn't a band themed pin.
It's based around the bands music and mascot.
BUT NOT THE BAND!
And dude... I own EVERY Iron Maiden studio Album. A good chunk of their live albums. A couple of BluRay Dvds, and I bought some VHS back in the day.
I know about Iron Maiden.
I also own all of Bruce's solo work. Chemical Wedding to me is greatest Metal Album ever.
So don't talk to me about Maiden. I've probably seen them, more than most people on this thread.
I said I don't get why people slam this theme. If Munsters is a monster theme... Then so is Iron Maiden.
There is only one guitar reference total in the whole pinball machine.
That is during your combo animations.
DURING AN ANIMATION...
Where are the band members, where are the instruments....
THEY ARE NOT THERE. Because, this is a MONSTER THEME, based around Eddie their mascot, and the modes and artwork based around their songs and album covers. But, NOT THE BAND!
That is what I wrote. Which is why I really don't get why people hate on Iron Maiden. It's a HORROR theme, just like a lot of great pinball machines.
Lastly. Heavy Metal is not the same as Hard Rock... Different genres, different styles of music. I like hard rock, but I prefer Heavy Metal. Big difference is the sonic styles.
Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Scorpions, Motely Crue... Those are Old Arena Rock Bands... Iron Maiden is a Heavy Metal band that played in arenas... But, not an old Arena Rock band... There is a difference.

870293546-1024x1024 (resized).jpg870293546-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
#1245 5 years ago

Sooooo......... the Munsters is next. I have a feeling it may not be announced until after Chicago Pinball Expo.

#1246 5 years ago

How am I insane... I think you all are just hating on Maiden cos you think it makes you cool.
Where is Steve Harris, or Bruce Dickinson... Where are they referenced... Where is Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Yanick Gers, or Nicko Mcbain....
Where are the Basses, Amps, Drums... There are none.

ONE, animation in the WHOLE PIN, and that is the only reference to playing music.
There rest is based on themes from their songs, and from their album and single covers.
The band was always steeped in horror mythology and it is this that Stern based the pinball machine off of. The band got their name from the Roger Corman Vincent Price movie "The Pit and the Pendulum." They just thought Iron Maiden sounded awesome and cool. They weren't wrong.
Not the band. But, their music.
There is a difference and it might seem as if we are arguing over semantics... But, I think its a difference that merits pointing out, and is lost on everyone.
AC DC is a band pin. The band members are on the playfield, and in animations, and depending on what version the translite.
Kiss is also a band pin. An old arena rock band to boot... And the difference between Kiss and Maiden is, Kiss hasn't been relevant since their first reunion tour in the late 90s.
This is not a band pin.
It's an Iron Maiden themed pin yes... But, not of the band. Its based around Eddie and their songs.

#1247 5 years ago

Iron Maiden lol

Keep your shirt on dios, it’s all gonna be ok

#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Iron Maiden lol
Keep your shirt on dios, it’s all gonna be ok

Got a new shirt mate... New avatar too.

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sooooo......... the Munsters is next. I have a feeling it may not be announced until after Chicago Pinball Expo.

Ding fries are done.

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

How am I insane... I think you all are just hating on Maiden cos you think it makes you cool.

I know nothing about Iron Maiden. I was just jokingly responding to your rant. Note the smiley face In my post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/25?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.