(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 164.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think they were named contract games.

Thank you! That was it.

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

A Podcast said Beatles is going to be a rehashed layout. Which layout?

I don’t recall a comment on it being a rehashed layout but it was said that it will be a classic layout.

If rehashed, the only classics would be a repurpose of pbr or dominos correct?

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thank you! That was it.

Do I win a SW topper?

#1104 5 years ago

Gosh I hope not!

Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t recall a comment on it being a rehashed layout but it was said that it will be a classic layout.
If rehashed, the only classics would be a repurpose of pbr or who nellie correct?

#1105 5 years ago

I hear you, this wouldn’t be good but they did say it will be a classic layout whatever that means. Lol

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

A Podcast said Beatles is going to be a rehashed layout. Which layout?

Elvis

#1107 5 years ago

This would be interesting.

#1108 5 years ago

Seems too complicated for what it sounded like to be a single playfield without a miniplayfield. I'm thinking more like the Rolling Stones layout without the Mick on a stick.

#1109 5 years ago

Seems too complicated for what it sounded like to be a single playfield without a miniplayfield. I'm thinking more like the Rolling Stones layout without the Mick on a stick.

I’m thinking you need to go a lot further back than that.

#1110 5 years ago

Shit...I hope not!

Already have the Stones and like it but I don’t need 2.

When I listen to the podcast and describe classic, I get the impression that it will be some sort of throwback to that era and not a rehash.

Could it be a pbr or dominos? Giving it that 60-80’s feel

Could it be some sort of stern machine going back earlier than the early 2000’s?

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Whoa Nellie was a "Boutique" for Stern. (That's what they called it, and that was Boutique before there was Boutique Pinball.)
Pabst Can Crusher (wich is a Whoa Nellie), Supreme (Spider Man Home) and Red Bull (Iron Maiden) for promotional purposes of a customer. (I forgot Sterns term for that; there is one.)
Elvira is neither of that at least and Beatles is known to be ONE MODEL ONLY, so it wouldn't count as cornerstone.
With Batman 66 there was a 3-Tier System, altough Pro left and came back as Super-LE.

Thanks!

#1112 5 years ago

Which podcast? I do not recall hearing this....

#1113 5 years ago

Would be cool but that’s a Ritchie game...

#1114 5 years ago

SW was empty because they spent a fortune on the license. Word is Beatles cost 3X that much.

So I guess SW/3= how empty Beatles will be.

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

SW was empty because they spent a fortune on the license. Word is Beatles cost 3X that much.

Actually Joe said on the podcast that the pricing isn’t going to be crazy like BM66.

The license may not have been as expensive as many believe, there is a ton of things that have the Beatles License. It was said they worked on getting this license for 10 years but that doesn’t necessarily have a correlation to big money.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don't think so.
To have his game in there would bump Ritchie's, and I don't think Ritchie is going three years without a game.
Eddy is the new hire at Stern...so his design would have started after Ritchie's current one.

Eddy has been in the game a long time, plenty of time to think about a new layout. Maybe Eddy already has a layout ready to go?

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Actually Joe said on the podcast that the pricing isn’t going to be crazy like BM66.
The license may not have been as expensive as many believe, there is a ton of things that have the Beatles License. It was said they worked on getting this license for 10 years but that doesn’t necessarily have a correlation to big money.

It's the Beatles. It will cost a fortune and have more strings attached than a yarn factory.

#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's the Beatles. It will cost a fortune and have more strings attached than a yarn factory.

It ain’t Disney!

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It ain’t Disney!

You really should do some research on the band your talking about. A simple google search will show there is NO low cost Cheap license for Anything Beatles. Ever. Stern doing this title is a Really large feat but trust that it did come at a Substantial cost to pull off. This will not be a low cost pin and I personally think it will rank up there if not beyond Batman 66. Just a guess of coarse but this is Not a cheap pull license and the podcast with Kapow mentions this many times.

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You really should do some research on the band your talking about. A simple google search will show there is NO low cost Cheap license for Anything Beatles. Ever. Stern doing this title is a Really large feat but trust that it did come at a Substantial cost to pull off. This will not be a low cost pin and I personally think it will rank up there if not beyond Batman 66. Just a guess of coarse but this is Not a cheap pull license and the podcast with Kapow mentions this many times.

Did you listen to the podcast more than once?
The issue of cost was specifically asked and specifically stated not crazily priced.

Unless your saying he’s full of shit.

Didn’t say it was cheap but they make Beatles everything from magnets, backpacks,lamps, bedding, really everything you can imagine.

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you listen to the podcast more than once?
The issue of cost was specifically asked and specifically stated not crazily priced.
Unless your saying he’s full of shit.
Didn’t say it was cheap but they make Beatles everything from magnets, backpacks,lamps, bedding, really everything you can imagine.

Well you cant charge 15k for a seawitch tweak and reskin. I'm hearing premium price or close to that which is still crazy money for a throwback design. Hopefully it has some innovative and new stuff to make it worth it.

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Well you cant charge 15k for a seawitch tweak and reskin. I'm hearing premium price or close to that which is still crazy money for a throwback design. Hopefully it has some innovative and new stuff to make it worth it.

If it’s a classic design with great art, lcd display, good music integration, shaker etc....I have no issue with it being 7-8k.

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If it’s a classic design with great art, lcd display, good music integration, shaker etc....I have no issue with it being 7-8k.

I love classic designs, I can buy 3-4 great ones for that. It's going to have to come together (see what I did there) as an amazing full package to sell at that price.

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I love classic designs, I can buy 3-4 great ones for that. It's going to have to come together (see what I did there) as an amazing full package to sell at that price.

Good point, like what you did! Will be interesting to see what they come up with on this one.

I hope it's as good as I'm thinking it will be.

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope your right but can you name a Major band license theme along with a Ka-Pow second team payment, that was less than 9k? These are all High dollar pulls and options. My opinions come from the Head2Head Episode #50 interview with Joe Kaminkow (Ka-Pow) that talks about the Biggest 7 figure license ever pulled for Pinball. I to hope for the best but we are not talking cartoon licenses or rights to a single song (one Beatles song runs about 250k) we are talking about full blown Beatles Branding with Ka-Pow riding shotgun. Hope I'm wrong as this will hurt my bank account as much as the next guy but if your hoping for an Affordable title this will Not be it! (Opinion)

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And remember they offered 50 million for the slot machine license. Got turned down. Not sure if they do not want to do slots, or they know slots will draw more people in, hence higher license.

#1127 5 years ago

I think I'm looking at the wrong thread - I thought this was the Munsters thread ?

Must have got changed today. Sorry - I'll go look in the Beatles thread and see if the Munsters is there.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

And remember they offered 50 million for the slot machine license. Got turned down. Not sure if they do not want to do slots, or they know slots will draw more people in, hence higher license.

Yep he meantioned that also. So praying they were humble (Sony, Apple, and the Beatles are known for that????) say they pulled the license for only 1 million. Thats over 1K Just for the Beatles handshake per 1000 games sold. Next comes Ka-Pows hand, and so on..... Total guess but I will wager the Beatles pins start at 10k. Where they go from there who knows.

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think I'm looking at the wrong thread - I thought this was the Munsters thread ?
Must have got changed today. Sorry - I'll go look in the Beatles thread and see if the Munsters is there.

Haha!

#1130 5 years ago

Sorry for the Beatles post in the Munsters thread but I think I got it all figured out.
1) they have been trying to get the license for 10 years.
2) License was more expensive so they are only doing one version of the game.
3) This version will be Premium pricing and a classic layout.

Answer= It's the Tron VE (reskin) everyone has been asking about.

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You are correct. Other than the one image Stern did not release Nor acknowledge what other content regarding Munsters is there to discuss? I am on board for Munsters the second Stern says its happening as I love the theme but with not even an acknowledgement theres really not much to go on here other then wishes, speculation or rumors from a friends neighbors girlfriends boss overheard at this point. Just burning time talking pinball.

#1132 5 years ago

When a license is expensive you remove things from the BOM to keep price the same.

Going by how empty SW Pro was, one can assume Beatles will be even more bare bones.

This is what I'm implying, not that the price tag will be astronomical.

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And some of the other rumored license restrictions are real head scratchers as to why Stern would even bother. Talk about limiting sales.

Munsters, on the other hand, should be a sales bonanza next year.

#1134 5 years ago

Sales Bonanza will start in November for sure, not counting the very first initial sales late this month soon as they make the announcement. You will see Pro's shipping in November.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

divert-munsters-to-beatles.gifdivert-munsters-to-beatles.gif
#1136 5 years ago

Listening to the valve train ...

valve train (resized).jpgvalve train (resized).jpg
#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Sales Bonanza will start in November for sure, not counting the very first initial sales late this month soon as they make the announcement. You will see Pro's shipping in November.

I really, really, really hope this is still the timeline for Munsters. Very much want a Premium, and mid 1Q 2019 is a long way from here.

#1138 5 years ago

The Munsters is next.

So if pro is November, then LE's in December and part of January, which also premiums would start shipping.

#1139 5 years ago

The Munsters is next.
So if pro is November, then LE's in December and part of January, which also premiums would start shipping.

Perfect timing....I've already convinced myself I want an LE.....yes, I'm addicted to pinball and have a problem.....

#1140 5 years ago

MK6PIN, that makes two of us, I’ve also already convinced myself that I want an LE.
Just took delivery of a Deadpool LE (super fun game); and I’ve already made space for a Munsters.
Pinball addiction is real lol...

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

MK6PIN, that makes two of us, I’ve also already convinced myself that I want an LE.
Just took delivery of a Deadpool LE (super fun game); and I’ve already made space for a Munsters.
Pinball additiction is real lol...

They say publicly admitting your addiction is a sign of cure.... Hasn't worked for me yet...

#1142 5 years ago

I don’t think licensing is expensive.

A while back an industry person here commented on the cost & it was not much.

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Perfect timing....I've already convinced myself I want an LE.....yes, I'm addicted to pinball and have a problem.....

Quoted from JMK:

that makes two of us, I’ve also already convinced myself that I want an LE

That makes 3 of us!

#1144 5 years ago

A dollar should have gotten the Munsters license and a cup of coffee.

This should be a big money maker for Stern.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

That makes 3 of us!

Make that 4. My wife said get the LE it looks awesome...

#1146 5 years ago

Very excited for this title. Certainly will have a pro at all stops that do well for me and a few LE's. If the pics are true I like the major difference in the cabinet the LE provides. Looks much different than any other cabinet stern has made graphics wise. Reveal at expo would be awesome. Looking forward to it!!

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Make that 4. My wife said get the LE it looks awesome...

Your avatar and Wife's approval have sealed this one, it appears!!!!!

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don’t think licensing is expensive.
A while back an industry person here commented on the cost & it was not much.

MUSIC licensing is ridiculously expensive, especially if you want to "buy out" each song so it's not for a particular time AND home vs commercial venue playback is another layer of cost, especially when you're talking Beatles.

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

MUSIC licensing is ridiculously expensive, especially if you want to "buy out" each song so it's not for a particular time AND home vs commercial venue playback is another layer of cost, especially when you're talking Beatles.

I hear ya but Stern doesn’t do anything expensive.

So it can’t be expensive

Because if it were

It wouldn’t happen

Star Wars had its nuts cut because Gary knew he could sell a box of lights with the license so why bother.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I hear ya but Stern doesn’t do anything expensive.
So it can’t be expensive
Because if it were
It wouldn’t happen

Mmm....OR they accepted ridiculously restrictive terms to get the cost down. Terms that are insane for a pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/23?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.