(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 164.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ Edster - ditto , Munsters and Elvira for me too ! I think Who-Dey is in the same camp also.<

Oh geez - now we are going to have talk of Batman66 here too.

Batman 66 Nooooooooooooo!

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Hey isn't that Frank Gorshin aka The Riddler???

YEP!!!
I actually didn't recognize him when I just watched the episode. But, when I watched the end credits I was like, holy crap that was the riddler.

Also, I didn't recognize a young Dom Deliuse(I know its spelled wrong), but I knew his voice was familiar. Munsters had a lot of famous costars in it.
And also legendary martial artist Gene Lebell was in an episode as a wrestler. I met Gene and got to talk to him for about 20-30 minutes.
Nice smart man, who lived an amazing life.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

YEP!!!
I actually didn't recognize him when I just watched the episode. But, when I watched the end credits I was like, holy crap that was the riddler.
Also, I didn't recognize a young Dom Deliuse(I know its spelled wrong), but I knew his voice was familiar. Munsters had a lot of famous costars in it.
And also legendary martial artist Gene Lebell was in an episode as a wrestler. I met Gene and got to talk to him for about 20-30 minutes.
Nice smart man, who lived an amazing life.

I remember Paul Lynde on an episode. There were many guest stars. Such a great show. This game could be great.

I recognized Riddler right away. I remember seeing him on the original Star Trek. His face was half white, half black. Classic actors, not like the wash outs of today.

#1054 5 years ago

Five things I'm confident with regarding Munsters:

1) It will be the next Stern issue (duh)!

2) It will not be revealed at Expo!

3) It will look great next to my Batman 66 (and my Scared Stiff too)!

4) It will not disappoint for fans of the show as well as campy 60's horror art & bitchin' custom hot rods!

5) It will be a BIG hit for Stern!

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Five things I'm confident with regarding Munsters:
1) It will be the next Stern issue (duh)!
2) It will not be revealed at Expo!
3) It will look great next to my Batman 66 (and my Scared Stiff too)!
4) It will not disappoint for fans of the show as well as campy 60's horror art &amp; bitchin' custom hot rods!
5) It will be a BIG hit for Stern!

with you on all the above...just rooting for outside shot @ "2)" being wrong...

#1056 5 years ago

6] in a few months there could be more munsters games in circulation than current releases JJPOTC, ACNC, MBR, and TB combined.

#1057 5 years ago

My Opinion

Munsters only announced to take sales away from MBR
Beatles will be at Expo a basic old 70s Stern Rehash but Super Super $18k LE
No Dutch Pinball

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

My Opinion
Munsters only announced to take sales away from MBR
Beatles will be at Expo a basic old 70s Stern Rehash but Super Super $18k LE
No Dutch Pinball

It's allready confirmed that it won't be anything near super LE pricing.

#1059 5 years ago

TWIP reporting Beatles may have been moved up in front of Munsters.

#1060 5 years ago

Christmas sales through the roof. !

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Must had been reading vireland's posts. Munsters is next. Borg had mentioned at TPF to a friend of mine that his next game was Sept/Oct time frame. So unless I see mnpinball state something differently, Munsters pro is Nov.

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Borg had mentioned at TPF to a friend of mine that his next game was Sept/Oct time frame.

Borg said this to me as well. He seemed super excited about the game to, said it would blow everyone away (he didn’t say the theme). Of course, that was half a year ago now and things change schedule wise.

#1063 5 years ago

As always: Noone would tell you "You know man, my next game will be really shit. Better pass on it from the getgo."

It will be good.
How good we'll see.

#1064 5 years ago

Really all boils down to what is ready to roll and $$$$. If I'm not mistaken, Kaminkow when interviewed months ago said his rumored(Beatles) title was pretty much ready fall/4th quarter.

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really all boils down to what is ready to roll and $$$$. If I'm not mistaken, Kaminkow when interviewed months ago said his rumored(Beatles) title was pretty much ready fall/4th quarter.

He said target is CES end of January. Doubt they'll be done sooner if that is the projected schedule.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

As always: Noone would tell you "You know man, my next game will be really shit. Better pass on it from the getgo."
It will be good.
How good we'll see.

Of course, but in person it is also possible to read people. John seemed genuinely excited to me...as opposed to just going through the motions.

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Of course, but in person it is also possible to read people. John seemed genuinely excited to me...as opposed to just going through the motions.

That's great news!!! If Beatles @Expo, I'll look, but not be buying....Munsters really has me excited, and if there, a very good chance I'll be committing...

#1068 5 years ago

If at expo, I would expect only a pro. It may be possible it might be announced during a Stern seminar with pictures, but no game to be shown.

#1069 5 years ago

There's a good Munsters TV show/history documentary that's pretty entertaining on YouTube:

My apologies if anyone has already posted that link, but I didn't remember seeing it in this thread. I wasn't yet born when the Munsters originally aired, but I did watch it and become a fan when I was a kid a decade later. I loved the whole premise, and I still do. I suspect there are lots of old dudes like me out there who dig the Munsters, and some younger people too. The spooky house, the cool Barris custom cars, and the humor all would go towards making a good pin if Stern can pull it off successfully, which I think they can.

#1070 5 years ago

Someone started a rumor Beatles and Munsters were a simultaneous expo debut. But that was months ago and stuff always changes getting closer to release.
So if something is different then it changed recently.

Munsters is a normal 3-Model pro/prem/LE release.

Beatles is Kapow.

#1071 5 years ago

The only reason I can see pushing the Beatles up would be that the production line is backlogged

Munsters will blow it out regardless of MBr

#1072 5 years ago

I've just gotten some "educated guess" input from someone well connected...Munsters announced at show...Just not sure what will be there...Good enough for me

#1073 5 years ago

One of my “concerns” with the release schedule is the fact that Butch Patrick is still slated to be at TPF in March. I’m by no means a marketing fella, but it seems kind of late to be bringing him in if they’re planning on getting games out by the end of year, doesn’t it?

#1074 5 years ago

MUNSTERS IS NEXT. Plain and Simple. It is not very far off either.... The other stuff is just noise.

Nothing has changed. Get your money ready.

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

crack_addict (resized).jpgcrack_addict (resized).jpg
#1076 5 years ago

Not happening - that's wrong. IT'S MUNSTERS !

Twip - is off the mark on that rumor- totally false. They possibly got some of that misinformation here ? It's wrong.

MUNSTERS FOLKS.

#1077 5 years ago

Time to break out the vinyl...

munsters_album.jpgmunsters_album.jpg
#1078 5 years ago

Just for a little clarification - the Munsters has been rumored to be the next title for a long time, it has just been recently that we've heard Beatles may be next. BUT, we've also heard nothing has changed with scheduling. So we're getting some conflicting info. A lot can change from one week to the next with these release schedules, let alone between TPF and now.

Also, we don't use random pinsider posts as a "source", that...would not be a good idea Unless the post is from @mnpinball.

Honestly, I'm not too fussed one way or another which is next, whether it is Beatles or Munsters, as both should be coming relatively soon. I like Beatles better as a license, I am not much into the Munsters theme since I never watched it. Game-wise though, I am looking forward to the Beatles, but am REALLY looking forward to seeing Munsters - the rumors for Munsters make it sound pretty incredible!

#1079 5 years ago

No offense meant to Twip. But if some of the noise about Beatles moving up is any way even considered partially from here it's way off base...

Munsters next.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No offense meant to Twip. But if some of the noise about Beatles moving up is any way even considered partially from here it's way off base...

Lol

#1081 5 years ago

It was cool to get meet the man, the legend, Butch Patrick!!!! Maybe he will make a surprise appearance and reveal it!!!!!!

Screenshot_20181001-125545_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181001-125545_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

There's a good Munsters TV show/history documentary that's pretty entertaining on YouTube:
My apologies if anyone has already posted that link, but I didn't remember seeing it in this thread. I wasn't yet born when the Munsters originally aired, but I did watch it and become a fan when I was a kid a decade later. I loved the whole premise, and I still do. I suspect there are lots of old dudes like me out there who dig the Munsters, and some younger people too. The spooky house, the cool Barris custom cars, and the humor all would go towards making a good pin if Stern can pull it off successfully, which I think they can.

Thanks for posting this.

Originally from England and, having never seen an episode of The Munsters, thoroughly enjoyed this documentary.

Count me in for a 'Munsters' pin!!

Roger

#1083 5 years ago

Wait...what they are making a Munsters pin - that is awesome!

Looking forward to seeing it at the show!

#1084 5 years ago

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who..."

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Just for a little clarification - the Munsters has been rumored to be the next title for a long time, it has just been recently that we've heard Beatles may be next. BUT, we've also heard nothing has changed with scheduling. So we're getting some conflicting info. A lot can change from one week to the next with these release schedules, let alone between TPF and now.
Also, we don't use random pinsider posts as a "source", that...would not be a good idea Unless the post is from mnpinball.
Honestly, I'm not too fussed one way or another which is next, whether it is Beatles or Munsters, as both should be coming relatively soon. I like Beatles better as a license, I am not much into the Munsters theme since I never watched it. Game-wise though, I am looking forward to the Beatles, but am REALLY looking forward to seeing Munsters - the rumors for Munsters make it sound pretty incredible!

Lol

If you like, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Addams Family, Haunted House, Class of 1812, Creature.....etc.... Don’t matter if you watched the show or not this game will be up your alley.

#1086 5 years ago

Munsters is this fall, Beatles at the beginning of the year, Steve Ritchie's unlicensed game will be in the summer, and Elvira 3 next fall.

Come on, folks! Let's agree on the schedule so we can at least be arguing about the same things!

#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Munsters is this fall, Beatles at the beginning of the year, Steve Ritchie's unlicensed game will be in the summer, and Elvira 3 next fall.
Come on, folks! Let's agree on the schedule so we can at least be arguing about the same things!

You missed Brian Eddy's game. It should be ready as well next year.

#1088 5 years ago

I don't think so.

To have his game in there would bump Ritchie's, and I don't think Ritchie is going three years without a game.

Eddy is the new hire at Stern...so his design would have started after Ritchie's current one.

#1089 5 years ago

Why would Stern bring out another so soon with IM and DP selling so strong. Why be your own competition? It's not like the code is already done.

#1090 5 years ago

That would make The 3 cornerstone games. Hopefully.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

That would make The 3 cornerstone games. Hopefully.

Counting Beatles, Ritchie, Elvira 3 and Brian Eddy...

Well it COULD be, if we don't Count Beatles as a "cornerstone", because it has no Pro/ Premium/ LE Model.

#1092 5 years ago

Did he miss it?

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did he miss it?

Are you thinking Beatles? I know I am not thinking it.

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Counting Beatles, Ritchie, Elvira 3 and Brian Eddy...
Well it COULD be, if we don't Count Beatles as a "cornerstone", because it has no Pro/ Premium/ LE Model.

Isn't Elvira a side game like PBR and WHOA NElly?

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Isn't Elvira a side game like PBR and WHOA NElly?

Whoa Nellie was a "Boutique" for Stern. (That's what they called it, and that was Boutique before there was Boutique Pinball.)

Pabst Can Crusher (wich is a Whoa Nellie), Supreme (Spider Man Home) and Red Bull (Iron Maiden) for promotional purposes of a customer. (I forgot Sterns term for that; there is one.)

Elvira is neither of that at least and Beatles is known to be ONE MODEL ONLY, so it wouldn't count as cornerstone.
With Batman 66 there was a 3-Tier System, altough Pro left and came back as Super-LE.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did he miss it?

A Podcast said Beatles is going to be a rehashed layout. Which layout?

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Why would Stern bring out another so soon with IM and DP selling so strong. Why be your own competition? It's not like the code is already done.

Business is booming. And it's not really that soon. A late October announcement means a November roll out. Only so many months left in the year, and Stern has repeatedly said there will be 3 cornerstone titles this year.

#1098 5 years ago

The Beatles might have special pricing like Batman '66, but it will count as a cornerstone title.

It's not a boutique thing like WNBJM.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

A Podcast said Beatles is going to be a rehashed layout. Which layout?

Spiderman home edition. <--joke, but only a little.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Pabst Can Crusher (wich is a Whoa Nellie), Supreme (Spider Man Home) and Red Bull (Iron Maiden) for promotional purposes of a customer. (I forgot Sterns term for that; there is one.)

I think they were named contract games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.