(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 164.
#951 5 years ago

Munsters is going to be great for locations, pure gold locked up in Grandpa's basement.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Did ya get the confirmation Herman call??[quoted image]

This is not a Kapow SLE game so Herman would not be calling anyone.

#953 5 years ago

Yeah, KISS is just fun and makes you smile while playing, unlike so many other games.

#954 5 years ago

Was starting to think this was the Hobbit thread with some trolling happening here and there.

This is the Munsters thread. It is next. Goody Goody Goody. Ha ha ha. Foot stomp. Foot stomp.

#955 5 years ago

Over 60 new posts thought some real info had finally dropped, 30 of those posts are PinMonk ragging on Gomez and Deadpool, Vire if your gonna go on a rant I expect a damn graph man

#956 5 years ago

You'll have to wait for EXPO for news on Munsters. Why would Stern release anything before the reveal?

#957 5 years ago

Did Deadpool LE’s sellout yet? Lol. Should have skipped Deadpool and made Munsters earlier.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Did Deadpool LE’s sellout yet? Lol. Should have skipped Deadpool and made Munsters earlier.

Distributors still have some available however Stern likely sold out so that is all that matters to them.

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Distributors still have some available however Stern likely sold out so that is all that matters to them.

True.

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yup - Munsters IS next.
and do not be surprised if Elvira is released in Spring 2019....

October 2019.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Over 60 new posts thought some real info had finally dropped, 30 of those posts are vireland ragging on Gomez and Deadpool, Vire if your gonna go on a rant I expect a damn graph man

There's some real info in there. I hope it's WRONG info, but pretty solid source in the past, so we may be waiting longer for Munsters and get Kapow Beatles next. That's definitely new. Bleaugh.

And graphing isn't off the table, but it has to be REALLY bad to pull out the data points and make a picture.

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's some real info in there. I hope it's WRONG info, but pretty solid source in the past, so we may be waiting longer for Munsters and get Kapow Beatles next. Bleaugh.

If you are wrong, then that would mean that is not real info. Munsters is up NEXT!!!!!!! How many times does mnpinball need to be quoted?

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Vireland... I think you might just have something in the lcd idea... So much cool stuff you could do with that idea. I don't think it would fit the Munsters theme, and I doubt stern would be the right company to do something like that first. But, I think a company totally should do that. But, then again I'd love to have more games like Revenge from Mars(never played it. Really want to) and Star Wars Episode 1(really, really enjoy the game I think it gets a bad rap. Its a fun pinball game).

By any chance do you play at "Chicago Pinball?" I see you are in Joliet so guessing you have played there(especially since they have Episode 1.) Very cool place just always seems so empty so I am hoping it makes it. Let's talk the owner into selling like 4 older machines and getting a Munsters, lol.

#964 5 years ago

KISS is awesome. I am betting Munsters will be as well.

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

KISS is awesome. I am betting Munsters will be as well.

I have a spot and cash ready for the Munsters IF that’s next. But if it’s The Beatles, I will skip that snooze fest. Awful theme to me.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You'll have to wait for EXPO for news on Munsters.

Another confirmation the Munsters is next, NOT Beatles.

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you are wrong, then that would mean that is not real info. Munsters is up NEXT!!!!!!! How many times does mnpinball need to be quoted?

Thank you.

captain-obvious (resized).jpgcaptain-obvious (resized).jpg
#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have a spot and cash ready for the Munsters IF that’s next. But if it’s The Beatles, I will skip that snooze fest. Awful theme to me.

Get ready to whip it out.

#969 5 years ago

trolling (resized).jpgtrolling (resized).jpg
#970 5 years ago

Munsters is next.

Enough trolling. Fishing isn't good in this thread. Thanks.

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

By any chance do you play at "Chicago Pinball?" I see you are in Joliet so guessing you have played there(especially since they have Episode 1.) Very cool place just always seems so empty so I am hoping it makes it. Let's talk the owner into selling like 4 older machines and getting a Munsters, lol.

I'm generally at chicago st pinball once a week. I wasn't there last weekend because I was trying a new place. In fact you might notice my initials on some of the games at Chicago St. BAD are my initials and I'm on a good amount of the games.
And the number 3 on sorcerer, that's my score too. Its not a good score to be honest, but the number 1 and 2 are factory high scores, and yes, I'm aware sorcerer you don't enter initials on. Still my score though...

And I don't think the owner would go for something like that. But, all in all it's a great place to play pinball. Has a nice atmosphere, and a very friendly staff.

#972 5 years ago

Wait. What? There's gonna be a Munsters pin?

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Wait. What? There's gonna be a Munsters pin?

Listen to NoQuarters - he won’t steer you wrong folks!

#974 5 years ago

I turn 50 in a few months and personally I can't believe all the anticipation for Munsters and Beatles. Shit!!! I'm getting old but these themes even precede me. I'm glad you all look forward to these games but damn........ let's get some new themes and get out of the 60's and 70's.

Oh yeah...... Batman 66.

QSS

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

let's get some new themes and get out of the 60's and 70's.

Deadpool just came out, so there you go!

#976 5 years ago

I turn 50 in a few months and personally I can't believe all the anticipation for Munsters and Beatles. Shit!!! I'm getting old but these themes even precede me. I'm glad you all look forward to these games but damn........ let's get some new themes and get out of the 60's and 70's.
Oh yeah...... Batman 66.
QSS

What themes do you want to see?

#977 5 years ago

Mad Max
The Fifth Element
Back to the Future
Blade Runner
Pulp Fiction
Alien (so close)

There have been some good ones lately like Deadpool and Iron Maiden and even though I'm not a Maiden fan, I played it and I like it. Munsters and Beatles just seam so conservative and rather boring. I realize Stern is targeting their older market who have disposable income. I am one of those with disposable income to spend on games but I'm looking for something with more edge. Hell, I've still got my Big Lebowski deposit in at Nitro Amusements, you know just in case hell freezes over.

QSS

#978 5 years ago

Mad Max
The Fifth Element
Back to the Future
Blade Runner
Pulp Fiction
Alien (so close)

Hmmm...

- Mad Max
I personally don't like Mad Max but I think it would be a great IP for pinball, wich is oldskool but still relevant thanks to the new movie

- Back to the Future
No brainer

- Blade Runner
Instant buy for me, not sure about the IP in general. But Blade Runner is a license wich is way more successful outside the domestic market, so I assume a Blade Runner Pin would sell better in europe than most superhero Pins. But with Blade Runner beeing no action movie and the plot not really easy to Digest, how the heck would they make a pinball machine out of that.

- Pulp Fiction
They say it's coming. Cult classic, but I don't care...

- Alien
Yeah, they really should make one. *cough*

#979 5 years ago

Oh yeah...... Batman 66.
QSS

I’m in for Munsters 100%.

I hope that someday we’ll have Blade Runner(Just 1982). Mad Max I think it can be a great idea. Also, I know that it is difficult to talk about this in my POV but I don’t mind to see eventually titles like "John Carpenter’s: Escape From New York(1981)", “Fright Night(1985)", "The Fly(1986)”.... just saying.

Btw, you will be 50 that’s nothing but a number man, congrats! I just turned 45 on Sept,16(a day after Batman day) and I’m not planning to grow up at all... I’m very young

24998067-3FE5-4453-A66F-88D32A3A03B5 (resized).jpeg24998067-3FE5-4453-A66F-88D32A3A03B5 (resized).jpeg
#980 5 years ago

He-Man.... New movie coming out next year as well...

#981 5 years ago

What I honestly wish for is a family friendly IP that caters to an adult audience also (not the other way around).

So NOT a Deadpool with his jokes dumbed down to an elemantary school level.

But something like Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, My Little Pony (honest) or *drummroll*...

LEGO!!!

The Lego Movie (or Lego in general) would be awesomely great and everyone of us can build is own custom mods, his own world under glass, and everyone, young an old, knows and loves Lego.

For myself, I'd sell my testicles for an "Akira" pinball machine.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m in for Munsters 100%.
I hope that someday we’ll have Blade Runner(Just 1982). Mad Max I think it can be a great idea. Also, I know that it is difficult to talk about this in my POV but I don’t mind to see eventually titles like "John Carpenter’s: Escape From New York(1981)", “Fright Night(1985)", "The Fly(1986)”.... just saying.
Btw, you will be 50 that’s nothing but a number man, congrats! I just turned 45 on Sept,16(a day after Batman day) and I’m not planning to grow up at all... I’m very young
[quoted image]

No chance it would ever happen, but a 1985 Fright Night would be so amazing!!! It has just about the greatest poster of all time so I can only picture how cool the pinball machine would look.

#983 5 years ago

This is not a Kapow SLE game so Herman would not be calling anyone.

Kapow's website is super-sad. http://www.kapowpinball.com/home.html

The "about" page isn't about Kapow Pinball, it's about Joe Kaminkow, talking about the 1,500 games that he has intellectual property in. Then on the games page, the only thing shown is Batman'66. Survey is closed and promotion is old. So, uh...yeah.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kapow's website is super-sad. http://www.kapowpinball.com/home.html
The "about" page isn't about Kapow Pinball, it's about Joe Kaminkow, talking about the 1,500 games that he has intellectual property in. Then on the games page, the only thing shown is Batman'66. Survey is closed and promotion is old. So, uh...yeah.

I'm not sure what you think that means far as Munsters is concerned, but I don't see a relation at all. Munsters is still next !!

#985 5 years ago

I'm not sure what you think that means far as Munsters is concerned, but I don't see a relation at all. Munsters is still next !!

I was responding to your mixed post about BM'66 (Kapow) and Herman not giving a phone call (Stern), which reminded me about the Kapow website with the "leave your name and Batman might call" which is still there.

#986 5 years ago

Got it. Thank you.

#987 5 years ago

Anyone have any of this classic 60's gold ?

M game (resized).jpgM game (resized).jpgMun Gpa (resized).jpgMun Gpa (resized).jpgdrg mun (resized).jpgdrg mun (resized).jpgmun game 2 (resized).jpgmun game 2 (resized).jpg
#988 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Anyone have any of this classic 60's gold ?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

None of the Board games, but I do have some Munsters stuff. Looking forward to the game!!

20180927_081631 (resized).jpg20180927_081631 (resized).jpg
#989 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

None of the Board games, but I do have some Munsters stuff. Looking forward to the game!!
[quoted image]

Made in China version...each hand has 4 fingers.

#990 5 years ago

Driving up to 1000 speculation posts.

FB_IMG_1538129777912 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1538129777912 (resized).jpg
#991 5 years ago

As a fan you have to wear this...

munsters (resized).jpgmunsters (resized).jpg
#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, I think there will always be room for traditional pinballs. But, I would be excited to see more integration like an lcd in the playfield.
It could serve as a lower playfield at times. A way to integrate video mode. And it could have other game interactions as well. Could have fire effects or other effects as well.
Also an lcd for the backwall could work too.
And you'd just have to make certain the clear surface that it rests under doesn't scuff or dimple, or crack of course. Otherwise it wouldn't be that expensive of a toy. And I know how stern likes to stay away from the expensive mechs. Which is fine. It gives sterns a unique flavor and a style there own. But, I really think the future of pinball could be some really wild stuff with that level of integration.

Yeah, kind of like the MikeD Mod for Creature but even more interactive. I'd prefer that over a lower playfield, I haven't been impressed with those at all.

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

As a fan you have to wear this...
[quoted image]

I want a shirt like that, where can we.get one?

#994 5 years ago

Just finished watching the entire series of the Munsters. I even watched Munsters Go Home. Just got The Munster Revenge. Really, really enjoyed watching the series. First time I watched them, since i was probably 15-18... I remember the last time I watched them I lived in my fathers basement and I would have they would come on as I worked and slaved away for hours on my digital drawings on my computer.
I must say. I don't think there was a quality dip in the 2nd season. If anything the actors were more dialed in on their characters and that made it better...
I do wish they wouldn't have had Grandpa and Herman at odds as often as they did. First season they were more chummy.
I'm a bit sad I'm at the end really...
Looking forward to the pinball machine now!!!

#995 5 years ago

Got some of the guys at the fire station watching munsters on our night shift last night, completely forgot how good grandpa was.

4DF5BC6B-7A98-4623-9A9E-D6FF906041B4.gif4DF5BC6B-7A98-4623-9A9E-D6FF906041B4.gif5D671BE4-3D1F-4DB2-9707-E2FA36D0A4A7.gif5D671BE4-3D1F-4DB2-9707-E2FA36D0A4A7.gif
#996 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I want a shirt like that, where can we.get one?

You can get the file. Then just look for somebody with a Kornit printer.

#997 5 years ago

So do we think this gets announced just before Expo, during, or after?

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

You can get the file. Then just look for somebody with a Kornit printer.

...or you can buy the shirt here:

https://www.rockabilia.com/munsters-distress-logo-t-shirt-219172.html

MUNSTERS-T-SHIRT-219172F (resized).JPGMUNSTERS-T-SHIRT-219172F (resized).JPG
#999 5 years ago

Expo

Quoted from MK6PIN:

So do we think this gets announced just before Expo, during, or after?

#1000 5 years ago

2j10ij (resized).jpg2j10ij (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/20?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.