(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 164.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Im in, but Lonnie on code would kill it for me as well.

Lonnie code can be great but the issue is that his games just don't get finished.

KISS and AS particularly.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Lonnie code can be great but the issue is that his games just don't get finished.
KISS and AS particularly.

AS was good, but not finished yet. Kiss, TF, TAV all took years to get updates and Kiss is still looming. When Lonnie works with others Ala Mustang, code is fair to good.

I've been burnt too many times by the same crap code from him. I'd have no problem discussing it in person with him either.

I see a trend with him and it needs corrected.

#53 5 years ago

I am excited for Munsters it's not a theme that makes it a instant buy no matter what for me but if done right I would definitely be interested in it and i think the theme is pretty cool.

#54 5 years ago

Munster's with a Addams Family type layout? Lifting staircase with a dragon underneath it like Walking Dead bicycle girl ramp but in the middle?

#55 5 years ago

You've willed another ancient license into pinball existence, Pinside. Way to go?

Now just keep typing Jaws! A theme I'd suspect would be a licensing nightmare, but if they are doing Beatles nothing is impossible!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Definitely think Franchi is going to get the art package on this one.

Yep, I got some good info at TPF that confirms this.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

AS was good, but not finished yet. Kiss, TF, TAV all took years to get updates and Kiss is still looming. When Lonnie works with others Ala Mustang, code is fair to good.
I've been burnt too many times by the same crap code from him. I'd have no problem discussing it in person with him either.
I see a trend with him and it needs corrected.

Borg has the same problem with layouts for the last 10 years. In a serious rut. Hopefully Elwin's freshness embarrassed him into doing something actually new.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I think the Munsters would be a great pin, if made by JJP and not Stern. I'd like to see CGC come out w/ a remake of TAF, based after the TV show...all black and white artwork, similar to the B&W TZ that's been posted here on pinside.

You may see a Black and White Addams Family!

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Borg has the same problem with layouts for the last 10 years. In a serious rut. Hopefully Elwin's freshness embarrassed him into doing something actually new.

TWD was not a "rut". Phenomenal layout.

#60 5 years ago

What up with dat Elvira?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What up with dat Elvira?

Shes coming

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

9 think that's because he is under immense pressure to deliver quickly. I think Eddy and Elwin free him up to have a nice design window. Borg was given less than 6 months per title and yes stuff got recycled. This is why GOTG is not that good. I have Kiss, AS, and Metallica, the last game I want to add is GOTG.

Twd, Tron, IM and Met are awesome pins. AS is under rated as is Xmen.

#63 5 years ago

Need a shaker motor when Herman is stomping up and down having his hissy fit.

#64 5 years ago

I can't wait to see it. I really wish this was Brian Eddy's new pinball project instead of Borg. However I'm ok with Borg doing it too. Just excited to hear Eddy is back doing a pinball machine.

#65 5 years ago

I'd assume this would be the main music, but time will tell.

#66 5 years ago

Its going to be unusual to see black and white video on the LCD. I wonder if Stern will opt to have the translite black and white too to match?

#67 5 years ago

I am betting the whole game including the LCD animations will be in color. Got to have a game that pops to catch people's attention.

#68 5 years ago

If so, then no video clips from the 2 series since they were both shot in black and white. I think part of the nostalgia and charm would be the TV clips.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am betting the whole game including the LCD animations will be in color. Got to have a game that pops to catch people's attention.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If so, then no video clips from the 2 series since they were both shot in black and white. I think part of the nostalgia and charm would be the TV clips.

Colored by Technicolor.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

what's a munstar

I believe it's pronounced "Monstar".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#71 5 years ago

The lists for the LE are filling up....

#72 5 years ago

http://www.munsters.com/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Had a few beers with Butch after a toy convention about 20 years ago.....mentioned that he really doesnt remember much from when the show was being made, but for shows and fans, he has his stories.......Super Nice Guy.

#73 5 years ago

I prefer grandpa munster in his later years

#74 5 years ago

Munsters, Alice Cooper Hunted Castle, Elvira 3 and likely Monster Bash Remake? All within the next year pipeline from different companies???

Seems like halloween/monster theme overload if you ask me. Can they all sell in high volume in this current market?

For me, it's a pass on all of them. To each their own though.

#75 5 years ago

To me this game screams toys, scoops, magnets and subways if its done right... which makes me nervous if they will do it right!

TAF wouldnt have as much charm if it werent for the above. A goofy title like munsters need to have more than just 'good flow'. Will be really interested on how they decide to pull this off if they decide to be all cheap bastard on production.

#76 5 years ago

The music / theme never gets old.
Grandpas basement lab, spot as a bash toy,
The house, Eddie looking for wolfie, chase shot.. The car, and Herman himself..!
Ive got Munsters on the Brain.

Never saw these!

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The house, Eddie looking for wolfie, chase shot.. The car, and Herman himself..!
Never saw these!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

WHOA! what the heck was that!!!? A strange alternate colorized pilot intro/episode? and lyrics with the theme song??! Wow! Never saw any of that before either...glad they ditched both of those for the Munsters we always knew!

Strange footage from alternate universe....

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Never saw these!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

"Not much is known about David Derman, aka Happy Derman. His one claim to fame is having played the original Eddie Munster in the unaired test pilot for The Munsters TV-Series, a role which later went to Butch Patrick. Happy starred in few more series after that, but dropped out of acting afterward."

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Never saw these!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I got Munsters on the brain too Art. This theme has so many cool things that they could do that its insane. I would love to see Lyman on code. If he is this game is going to be a smash hit guaranteed!

#80 5 years ago

Fortunately... (caugh)

Drag-u-la and the Koach are available.

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
s-l400 (1) (resized).jpgs-l400 (1) (resized).jpg

#81 5 years ago

Stern should just ripoff TAF layout and tweak rhe rules for the Munsters. It’s a proven winner.

#82 5 years ago

I’m seriously considering holding off a Ghostbusters Premium purchase to see the finished product of this title. Considering the last couple of games Stern has produced it seems to me this could be a real winner...... hope the cabinet and playfield art is similar to AS/ GB / IM and not SW.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m seriously considering holding off a Ghostbusters Premium purchase to see the finished product of this title. Considering the last couple of games Stern has produced it seems to me this could be a real winner...... hope the cabinet and playfield art is similar to AS/ GB / IM and not SW.

I would definitely wait and see if it were me.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Never saw these!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

The pilot is on the disc set... After the pilot they switched to B&W. Could see less of the makeup issues and strings/lines for the props in B&W back then...

and if you watch them in order you don'tr hear the trade mark Herman laugh until well into the season. Makes me think they stumbled onto it...

I have my LE on preorder... Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

#85 5 years ago

Put me in on The Munsters. Holding a "Spot" for it. Excited about Munsters !

Also looking forward to Elvira. Then I'll have to find a space for that too...

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Never saw these!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

So there was a different actress in the pilot playing Phoebe who then turned into Lily? Eddie changed after the pilot too and there was a change with Marilyn between season 1 and 2?

I have just learned a lot in this thread

#87 5 years ago

Growing up, the adolescent arguments between my older brother and I went between Ginger or Mary Ann, and my little brother would interrupt and yell. "No, Marilyn is the HOT one!"

Tough choices!

#88 5 years ago

The Munsters is another dream theme for me. A few other dream themes that I have disappointingly passed on are Mustang, WWE, Batman 66 and Aerosmith. Aerosmith is still pending based on code updates. I'm cautiously excited about a Munsters pinball machine.

#89 5 years ago

Personally, I really like monster themed pins.
I love my MB and TAFG; and feel an Elvira 2 and particularly a Munsters would be right down my alley.
I’ve already reached out to my distributor as well to ensure he is aware of my interest on an LE. Maiden LEs were sold out instantly in Canada (via this distributor) which was quite frustrating.
Let’s hope Stern gets the right mix of deep rules (Lyman would be great), unique design and theme integration for the Munsters pin.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

The Munsters is another dream theme for me. A few other dream themes that I have disappointingly passed on are Mustang, WWE, Batman 66 and Aerosmith. Aerosmith is still pending based on code updates. I'm cautiously excited about a Munsters pinball machine.

Honestly go back and give BM66 a chance, as an LE owner I will be the first to admit the game was a turd upon release and pretty much stated that way for 12 months, I genuinely thought I had lost big on it and regretted the purchase, thankfully Lyman is the coder (one of the BIG reasons I risked the purchase in the place) and has spent the last 6-8 months pumping out code, which he is nowhere near finished yet and I couldn’t be happier the game is a blast and as a fan of the theme the integration of the theme is phenomenal.

If Stern can secure the Munsters licence as well as they did with the BM66 licence and Lyman is on the code and can put the same campy feel into the gameplay, audio visual and rules etc as he has managed with BM66 it will be awesome!

There has gotto be a staircase ramp with a hidden scoop under it though for Herman Multiball not having that mech/toy will be inexcusable, it’s the thing I remember most as a kid from the show.

#91 5 years ago

It would be cool for a staircase/ramp that lifts and you shoot into maybe the pet spot, like the snake in Metallica.

#92 5 years ago

How about this soundtrack in the game?

#93 5 years ago

Really hoping this is the next Stern!

#94 5 years ago

Grew up watching Munster's thanks to the early 90's Nick at Nite. Always enjoyed it much more than Addams. Hope they can really do the theme justice.

#95 5 years ago

Shaker activating when Herman does one of his hissy fit stomps would be a great touch.
Maybe the cabinet and playfield a combo of color and B/W.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

The other question mark is 'would it be in color or Black and White'?

Doesn't matter. Somebody would still color bomb one with purple and green LESs.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Doesn't matter. Somebody would still color bomb one with purple and green LESs.

Id love to see the game done in all Black and white!

Then during specific modes, add the green for their faces.....

Red of course too. Eyes, Spots eyes, Car, Wolfy.

Even use EL Panel Art for the faces to color, as you collect the family.
Except Marilyn.....whos always in color! ? !?

#99 5 years ago

So..... has Stern even hinted at doing this title or is this wishful thinking on our part?

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

So..... has Stern even hinted at doing this title or is this wishful thinking on our part?

It's Borges next and 3 flipper is the current rumor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.