(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 164.
#901 5 years ago

I havent seen many lower playfields that i like so if its stupid i may go pro as well. I cant buy day one anyway so im gonna have plenty of time to see all the models and study them.

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

No lower playfield, just a big Herman Munster face in its place (ala the first AC/DC Pro), LOL... hopefully Stern doesn't do that. But I could see it.

The lower playfield in acdc doesn’t really do anything, kind of weak I think, more of a diversion from the game. If you could play both the lower pf and upper pf at the same time and have rules associated it with them, like combos or something, then I think it could be cool.

#903 5 years ago

I am not a lower playfield lover as well.... will they offer all three models on day one, or will it be a staggered intro?

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I am not a lower playfield lover as well.... will they offer all three models on day one, or will it be a staggered intro?

If Munsters is truly a play on Haunted house with a more full-featured mini-playfield on the bottom level with full flippers, pop or pops, and drop targets, I'm totally down with that. I just don't want SF2/Congo/ACDC style gimped lower PF.

And actually, I'd be fine if the lower PF was an LCD and they had a devil's crush type pinball with progressive, changing environments like DC had.

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If Munsters is truly a play on Haunted house with a more full-featured mini-playfield on the bottom level with full flippers, pop or pops, and drop targets, I'm totally down with that. I just don't want SF2/Congo/ACDC style gimped lower PF.
And actually, I'd be fine if the lower PF was an LCD and they had a devil's crush type pinball with progressive, changing environments like DC had.

Vireland... I think you might just have something in the lcd idea... So much cool stuff you could do with that idea. I don't think it would fit the Munsters theme, and I doubt stern would be the right company to do something like that first. But, I think a company totally should do that. But, then again I'd love to have more games like Revenge from Mars(never played it. Really want to) and Star Wars Episode 1(really, really enjoy the game I think it gets a bad rap. Its a fun pinball game).

#906 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Vireland... I think you might just have something in the lcd idea... So much cool stuff you could do with that idea. I don't think it would fit the Munsters theme, and I doubt stern would be the right company to do something like that first. But, I think a company totally should do that. But, then again I'd love to have more games like Revenge from Mars(never played it. Really want to) and Star Wars Episode 1(really, really enjoy the game I think it gets a bad rap. Its a fun pinball game).

I'd be down with an LCD in the playfield window since it would almost be like a very interactive video mode, and if it was as progressive as Devil's Crush with lots of stuff to work through, it would be great. But I'm not jonesing for more RfM or SWE1. Did not like pinball 2000. Too same-y.

#907 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd be down with an LCD in the playfield window since it would almost be like a very interactive video mode, and if it was as progressive as Devil's Crush with lots of stuff to work through, it would be great. But I'm not jonesing for more RfM or SWE1. Did not like pinball 2000. Too same-y.

I wouldn't want all games like it. I just would like one more game like it. I can't comment on Revenge from Mars. But, I think Star Wars Episode 1 is fairly deep.
Has nice animations that more than hold up to today's standards. I like the callouts. And while it does have too much Anakin and Jar Jar. They're really not that annoying in small doses and I think are used nicely in the game. Also I like the Light Saber Duel in it. Really simple, but still cool.

Think of what could be done now. You could make an even deeper game, with more animations and it could be really crazy and insane. A game like that would probably never be good enough to be in a single pin collection. But, I think still would be worth playing if on location, and possibly worth owning if you have at least 2-3 other pins.

#908 5 years ago

Now there's a cool rumor
Virtual lower playfield eh ?
Could be wild if correctly integrated
Would upset a lot of purists though.

VLP Would make sense to Stern bom department
Cheap and easy to install/maintain.
4 screws and a couple of cables

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Now there's a cool rumor
Virtual lower playfield eh ?
Could be wild if correctly integrated
Would upset a lot of purists though.
VLP Would make sense to Stern bom department
Cheap and easy to install/maintain.
4 screws and a couple of cables

I don't think they did it for Munsters, but it would get away from crappy lower playfields. Unfortunately, the level of software quality would have to improve dramatically for it to be cool. But, yeah, Naxat-level Devil's Crush game as the 3rd playfield would be amazing.

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The lower playfield in acdc doesn’t really do anything, kind of weak I think, more of a diversion from the game. If you could play both the lower pf and upper pf at the same time and have rules associated it with them, like combos or something, then I think it could be cool.

Family Guy has IMO the best secondary playfield in the history of pinball. It’s especially magnificent when playing both PF’s simultaneously.

Keefer was such a bad motherfkr. Stern currently has some talent in the code department but they lost some magic when parting ways with that dude.

#911 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think they did it for Munsters, but it would get away from crappy lower playfields. Unfortunately, the level of software quality would have to improve dramatically for it to be cool. But, yeah, Naxat-level Devil's Crush game as the 3rd playfield would be amazing.

Well, I think there will always be room for traditional pinballs. But, I would be excited to see more integration like an lcd in the playfield.
It could serve as a lower playfield at times. A way to integrate video mode. And it could have other game interactions as well. Could have fire effects or other effects as well.
Also an lcd for the backwall could work too.
And you'd just have to make certain the clear surface that it rests under doesn't scuff or dimple, or crack of course. Otherwise it wouldn't be that expensive of a toy. And I know how stern likes to stay away from the expensive mechs. Which is fine. It gives sterns a unique flavor and a style there own. But, I really think the future of pinball could be some really wild stuff with that level of integration.

#912 5 years ago

PW79 That’s funny because I don’t like the upper playfield on Family Guy at all. That is one thing I like about pinball. Something for everyone.

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Family Guy has IMO the best secondary playfield in the history of pinball.

Not sure I could disagree any more thoroughly.

#914 5 years ago

I find the fg upper a chore and not fun.

#915 5 years ago

Quoted from PW79:

Family Guy has IMO the best secondary playfield in the history of pinball. It’s especially magnificent when playing both PF’s simultaneously.
Keefer was such a bad motherfkr. Stern currently has some talent in the code department but they lost some magic when parting ways with that dude.

I'm with you on this....Love that mini pf and great pin overall...

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I find the fg upper a chore and not fun.

Quoted from John_I:

Not sure I could disagree any more thoroughly.

Quoted from Waxx:

pw79 That’s funny because I don’t like the upper playfield on Family Guy at all. That is one thing I like about pinball. Something for everyone.

Different strokes for different folks.

Stewie pinball has damn near the same BOM as a Star Wars Pro. Same SR fan layout too.

(Now I’m just trolling you guys in good humor since you don’t like one of my favorite games )

So if a 2 flipper fan layout pinball machine inside a pinball machine is not a good upper/lower PF then what are you guys hoping for with Munsters?

#917 5 years ago

I really hope Stern isn't swapping Beatles and Munsters releases. Pretty sure Beatles is a mistake Stern/Kapow will regret.

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really hope Stern isn't swapping Beatles and Munsters releases. Pretty sure Beatles is a mistake Stern/Kapow will regret.

Nope. mnpinball stated already and has been quote more than 3 times already...Munsters pros shipping in Nov.

#919 5 years ago

Yup - Munsters IS next.

and do not be surprised if Elvira is released in Spring 2019....

#920 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Nope. mnpinball stated already and has been quote more than 3 times already...Munsters pros shipping in Nov.

Fingers crossed nothing has changed. Two duds in a row would be too much, and I'm hyped for Munsters.

vader-deal-is-bad-idea (resized).jpgvader-deal-is-bad-idea (resized).jpg
#921 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fingers crossed nothing has changed. Two duds in a row would be too much, and I'm hyped for Munsters.[quoted image]

Where in the world did you even see that was suggested? You are the first to mention it from what I've been reading on this thread and as well as on the "what's the next Stern game?" thread.

#922 5 years ago

Where in the world did you even see that was suggested? You are the first to mention it from what I've been reading on this thread and as well as on the "what's the next Stern game?" thread.

Can't say. Hope it was wrong.

#923 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fingers crossed nothing has changed. Two duds in a row would be too much, and I'm hyped for Munsters.[quoted image]

What are the Duds in a row... It's been Iron Maiden, and then Deadpool...
Iron Maiden isn't a dud.
And Deadpool looks to be fun... I don't think I'll ever buy one. But, I wouldn't mind playing one.

#924 5 years ago

Deadpool is fun! I like it better than Maiden.

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Iron Maiden isn't a dud.
And Deadpool looks to be fun... I don't think I'll ever buy one. But, I wouldn't mind playing one.

Beatles would MAKE it two duds in a row. Deadpool is a shallow clunky Gomez special. Beatles I have zero interest in as a pinball machine, and it's Kapow, so it will be bend you over a barrel-time on price. So, yeah, hoping I heard wrong and Munsters is still next.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#926 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It's all fun in the honeymoon phase. Give it 3-4 months.

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yeah, it looks like fun to me.
Iron Maiden is a dream theme for me. And I'll be the first to say I don't know much about pinball compared to a true pinball player. I've only played on 60-70 real machines.
But, I really, really love Iron Maiden. It has a lot of replay, a lot of shots, and a good amount of flow. The coding to me seems to be top notch. As the modes rotate around, and each mode uses a different part of the playfield or combos.
And so I think its actually from a shot, and coding perspective about as good as it can get.
And I love the theme... Hate the PREM art package... Which is what I own... Doh!!!!
Really think Munsters could be cool.
Just worried how they intergrate the theme. I rather it be more vague and just get the personality and not try to be a clip show.
Get the stairs, get spot, get the raven and his clock. Get Herman busting through the door and maybe jumping up and down. I personally am underwhelmed at both GOTG and Batman 66 because I just don't feel how they used the media. I haven't played the games. Only watched footage. But, I just don't like the animations or how they incorporated the footage. I hope when I play the games I'll change my mind. But, I think less is more, and make the clips short but plentiful.

#928 5 years ago

Iron Maiden and Deadpool are both very good games.

I have no doubts Munsters will be very good too - and yes it is the next game.

#929 5 years ago

I don't own an Iron Maiden. Played it and it's a great game. I'm just not into Maiden music.
Deadpool is surprisingly fun. It's not clunky at all. I own one. It's really good if you like the comic book stuff.

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles would MAKE it two duds in a row. Deadpool is a shallow clunky Gomez special. Beatles I have zero interest in as a pinball machine, and it's Kapow, so it will be bend you over a barrel-time on price. So, yeah, hoping I heard wrong and Munsters is still next.

How many games have you put on Deadpool and Beatles?

#931 5 years ago

I didnt say I dont like Maiden.
I just like Deadpool better!
Looking forward to Munsters.
Just hoping they dont F^*k it up.

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

25D55390-38C0-4FCB-BDB3-4CBF989F8EEA (resized).jpeg25D55390-38C0-4FCB-BDB3-4CBF989F8EEA (resized).jpeg
#933 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yup - Munsters IS next.
and do not be surprised if Elvira is released in Spring 2019....

Before or after BK3K ?

#934 5 years ago

How many games have you put on Deadpool and Beatles?

Deadpool - enough to recognize the Gomez clunk. Beatles - zero, but the theme says nothing at all to me for pinball, and some of the other stuff that's rumored about the machine is a big "WTH was Stern thinking with these license restrictions?"

#935 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

it's Kapow, so it will be bend you over a barrel-time on price.

You got that right and for that reason they can stick it up their asses just like i told them to on BM66. I wouldn't buy a Beatles pin though even if it was at a cheaper price.

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Iron Maiden isn't a dud.

And just to be clear, Iron Maiden ABSOLUTELY is NOT a dud. Great game.

#937 5 years ago

I could have sworn the title for this thread was (Monsters is coming speculation thread) Not lets talk about every other Stern game around.

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool - enough to recognize the Gomez clunk. Beatles - zero

So it all comes down to whether you personally like the game or not to determine dud or not? Nothing to do with how fun the game is to others or maybe how many units are sold?

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So it all comes down to whether you personally like the game or not to determine dud or not? Nothing to do with how fun the game is to others or maybe how many units are sold?

Boom!! Boom!! Boom!!

#940 5 years ago

I heard from a totally reliable source (non Stern employee) that the Munsters is next !!

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Harley Davidson sold a LOT of pins, and Harley fans love it. It's crap. So, uh, yeah. Number of pins sold (and, BTW, Deadpool is not exactly burning up the presses), and number of people professing love (especially in the first 3-4 months) is ZERO solid indicator of a pin being good.

#942 5 years ago

I heard from a totally reliable source (non Stern employee) that the Munsters is next !!

I pray that your source is 100% correct. I really, really, really want Munsters to be next.

#943 5 years ago

Did ya get the confirmation Herman call??

FB_IMG_1537844757479 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1537844757479 (resized).jpg
#944 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's all fun in the honeymoon phase. Give it 3-4 months.

Just like KISS

LOL

#945 5 years ago

I admit...this thread is increasing my excitement/ desire for the game....and I haven't even seen it, much less played it yet...damn you, pinside!!!

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I admit...this thread is increasing my excitement/ desire for the game....and I haven't even seen it, much less played it yet...damn you, pinside!!!

I hear you!! I agree especially after reading these comments twice a day!!

Quoted from mnpinball:

Pro mid November

Quoted from mnpinball:

Yep the pro and premium will be drastically different
This will be the haunted house mansion 1313 Mockingbird Lane under glass

Quoted from mnpinball:

If you are a fan of Gottlieb Haunted House. Munsters LE/Premium will be your game. Jacked up 2018 style !

#947 5 years ago

If some of these ideas come to realization on the actual machine this will be amazing. I'm starting to get really excited for this already and we just literally got deadpool LE last week.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And just to be clear, Iron Maiden ABSOLUTELY is NOT a dud. Great game.

It is fun but it is a brick fest though..

Now tuning back into the Munsters, which is next, by the way.

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just like KISS
LOL

No way. I'd have KISS LE again any day over any current flavor of Deadpool. (I'm not great about keeping my collection updated on pinside. Moves too much. I'm a recovering pin addict and have limited myself to max of 2 at any given time, so there's a lot of churn)

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No way. I'd have KISS LE again any day over any current flavor of Deadpool. (I'm not great about keeping my collection updated on pinside. Moves too much. I'm a recovering pin addict and have limited myself to max of 2 at any given time, so there's a lot of churn)

I actually really like Kiss alot and id own one too. It gets kind of a bad rap imo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 39.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.