(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 164.
#851 5 years ago

Sounds great, hope it's right

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

same not a fan of Lonnie code in general

Lonnie is in all the games (he also does low-level system and system menu code re-used by all games), but Munsters is a BFD (Borg (design) - Franchi (art) - Dwight (software) ). An awesome combination. Second best trio you can pull. IMO. I expect great things. Triple BFD hype train on fire!
hype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpghype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpg

#853 5 years ago

Look Forward to seeing All 3 versions.

#854 5 years ago

Officially in a holding pattern until this reveal. One spot empty and this seems like it could be a good one.

#855 5 years ago

If they actually use a ton of the b&w TV scenes in this ( like bm66) , I could definitely move on an le...Good grief!!! thought I was done buying for awhile....

#856 5 years ago

****TOP SECRET INFO REMOVED******

#857 5 years ago

****SUPER TOP SECRET INFO REMOVED****

#858 5 years ago

Today is Sep 17 and Deadpool’s have been shipping for a month. Munsters run expected to start by Nov 15. That is two months away. Looks like an Expo reveal timing works perfect. If game is not ready then, it would push out the production schedule. So it will be ready and it will be shown at 2018 Expo imo. If I could count on that happening, I’d book airfare and plan to come. Any Stern employees want to pm me with info? I’m ready for some Munsters - haunted house style

#859 5 years ago

****Super Top Secret Info****
Direct from Dave Peterson

8DCF74A9-632E-4A6D-AC8C-8ED0F45BF1F3 (resized).jpeg8DCF74A9-632E-4A6D-AC8C-8ED0F45BF1F3 (resized).jpeg
D3BF0629-03AD-4783-8FED-9333907A4D21 (resized).jpegD3BF0629-03AD-4783-8FED-9333907A4D21 (resized).jpeg

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Super Top Secret Info
[quoted image]

at first I thought it could be a whitewood, but now am guessing it’s an upper playfield or lower section of recessed playfield. It looks like the flippers are mini flippers and the pf may be 18 inches long.

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

at first I thought it could be a whitewood, but now am guessing it’s an upper playfield or lower section of recessed playfield. It looks like the flippers are mini flippers and the pf may be 18 inches long.

That’s a spoof!

#862 5 years ago

If I could count on that happening, I’d book airfare and plan to come.

Book your airfare for Orlando. IAAPA (Nov 13-16) and Free Play Florida (Nov 9-11).

#863 5 years ago

So it will be ready and it will be shown at 2018 Expo imo.

If they do show it it would suck if they waited until Sat night at the very end if the show during the Stern talk. Would be nice to get a sneak peek during the tour, kinda like what they did with Batman66.

#864 5 years ago

I totally understand the old code argument , but I think that Stern has actually been putting several updates out and have hired people to help games along . There might be a code designer , but I feel I today’s market they are reading threads like these and there are several people trying to make the game as fun as possible . Maybe i am a glass half full guy , but that’s my 2 cents . I can’t wait to see and play this game . Let’s all hope it’s another fun game in the line up .

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I grew up with The Munsters and love the theme, but I'd have to play it first. It could be super fun and funny, or it could be GB-linear or SW-mathchess with Dwight at the helm.

Why do people keep saying “mathchess” about SW? You have multiplier opportunities, you either use them, or don’t. There’s no math involved anywhere, just potentially big point payoffs if you place it at the Death Star shot, specifically during a hurry up.
SW is such a great game, totally underrated.

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I totally understand the old code argument , but I think that Stern has actually been putting several updates out and have hired people to help games along . There might be a code designer , but I feel I today’s market they are reading threads like these and there are several people trying to make the game as fun as possible . Maybe i am a glass half full guy , but that’s my 2 cents . I can’t wait to see and play this game . Let’s all hope it’s another fun game in the line up .

What they recently did with Aerosmith really awakened the game into a very addicting shooter.
I’m guessing the new hires went in a tweaked that code, which originally was decent but lacked polish and better rules and rewards.
Lonnie doesn’t really have the best reputation for revisiting or taking great pride in his work, which is why Transformers for example suffers from many shortcomings that were never corrected.

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Lonnie doesn’t really have the best reputation for revisiting or taking great pride in his work, which is why Transformers for example suffers from many shortcomings that were never corrected.

They should totally Vault that with the 80s animation license and revamped Code.

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They should totally Vault that with the 80s animation license and revamped Code.

G1 Transformers would easily be my favorite theme of all time. I was in 6th grade when they came out and all my friends and I couldn’t wait for 11am on Sunday mornings (if I remember correctly) when the new episode came on.

I still have piles of old Transformer toys that my kids can’t wait to get a hold of.

Michael Bay sucks.

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

G1 Transformers would easily be my favorite theme of all time. I was in 6th grade when they came out and all my friends and I couldn’t wait for 11am on Sunday mornings (if I remember correctly) when the new episode came on.
I still have piles of old Transformer toys that my kids can’t wait to get a hold of.
Michael Bay sucks.

Finally starting watching the 5th movie last night. At least the finally have Welker and Cullen together doing the voices of Megatron and Optimus Prime.

They had that "Mr. Anderson" guy doing Megatron in the first 3 movies. Never understood why bay didn't use Welker to begin with.

#870 5 years ago

What they recently did with Aerosmith really awakened the game into a very addicting shooter.
I’m guessing the new hires went in a tweaked that code, which originally was decent but lacked polish and better rules and rewards.

Same thing happened with GOTG after the .90 release. New blood doing the rules.

#871 5 years ago

I really feel this pin will need a Mansion topper.
No laser etched toppers either.
Im thinking ala Addams.
Not since Addams, White water, Fish Tales have we had a really good factory topper.
Curious how the CE Pirates will look and play. First pin in a long time to have such a topper.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I really feel this pin need a Mansion topper.
No laser etched toppers either.
Im thinking ala Addams.
Not since Addams, White water, Fish Tales have we had a really good factory topper.
Curious how the CE Pirates will look and play. First pin in a long time to have such a topper.

ehhmm, I would say Stern hit a grand slam on the Batman 66 topper personally. Time will tell what they do with Star Wars.

#873 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ehhmm, I would say Stern hit a grand slam on the Batman 66 topper personally. Time will tell what they do with Star Wars.

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that one. Excellent topper. I wish you could buy it separately. I don't even have BM66 and I'd like one!

#874 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I don't even have BM66 and I'd like one!

Yup, I’d put it on my refrigerator for sure.
Midnight snacking? Not on MY watch!!!

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The LOOK of the topper is great, but like most (all?) the Stern toppers it has almost nothing going on in-game. They have the ability to have it DO stuff - quite a bit of stuff, but it's just not integrated into the game well at all.

#876 5 years ago

Why do people keep saying “mathchess” about SW? .

I don't think it's "people" who repeatedly use that phrase; I'm pretty sure that catch phrase is mostly used by one person

But I understand what he is saying

#877 5 years ago

Did anyone see this yet? I found this looking for Southpark blades,

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/single-post/2018/08/29/The-Munsters-Sneak-Peak

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

Did anyone see this yet? I found this looking for Southpark blades,
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/single-post/2018/08/29/The-Munsters-Sneak-Peak

Most people. It’s why half the posts in this thread exist.

#879 5 years ago

ahhh, I didn't read the in between threads, No patients. lol

#880 5 years ago

This might have the potential for me to look at this instead of wanting a ghost busters premium. Not sure yet. I almost have enough saved, actually enough saved, but want to buffer my savings account before making a purchase.

#881 5 years ago

I’m also waiting to see what Munsters has to offer ; compare it with GB code update, then decide.

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

This might have the potential for me to look at this instead of wanting a ghost busters premium. Not sure yet. I almost have enough saved, actually enough saved, but want to buffer my savings account before making a purchase.

Definitely wait for Munsters to show up and then make a decision. Also have you played IMDN? So many great choices right now. Its a great time to be a pinball fan!

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I really feel this pin will need a Mansion topper.

Agree one million percent!

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely wait for Munsters to show up and then make a decision. Also have you played IMDN? So many great choices right now. Its a great time to be a pinball fan!

I just played a ghostbusters pro. And while I loved it... It did give me a little bit of pause. I do want a premium, so its not apples to apples, but I think still a good enough experience to judge...
And wow, that flipper gap is tough.. Yes, I know if I owned it, I'd get use to it and figure it out better... But, wow...
I really love the art, callouts and animations for Ghostbusters and the music too!!!!
The modes though I think are way too linear. I kind of wish they'd make them more random. As it is, I'm always doing the same modes over and over, cos I suck at the game. Which is funny as I scoffed at some people when I said that the game was too linear. But, until you play it, you really can't tell how annoying it is. It's not bad... Its just the high difficulty I think exacerbates this.
So if Munsters has amazing code, and great gameplay... I could be swayed to put off the ghostbusters purchase for a bit.

#888 5 years ago

Even the car wouldnt be bad as the topper but the mansion would probably be ther best. It has to be one of the two though i think.

#889 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I just played a ghostbusters pro. And while I loved it... It did give me a little bit of pause. I do want a premium, so its not apples to apples, but I think still a good enough experience to judge...
And wow, that flipper gap is tough.. Yes, I know if I owned it, I'd get use to it and figure it out better... But, wow...
I really love the art, callouts and animations for Ghostbusters and the music too!!!!
The modes though I think are way too linear. I kind of wish they'd make them more random. As it is, I'm always doing the same modes over and over, cos I suck at the game. Which is funny as I scoffed at some people when I said that the game was too linear. But, until you play it, you really can't tell how annoying it is. It's not bad... Its just the high difficulty I think exacerbates this.
So if Munsters has amazing code, and great gameplay... I could be swayed to put off the ghostbusters purchase for a bit.

I think you are spot on in your thinking. The flipper gap is rough for sure but you can move the outposts in and that helps on the side drains a little and kinda helps you forget about the flipper gap a little. Ghostbusters will also make you a better player because you have to hit your shots or its going to be drain city for you. I personally love my GB Premium but i would wait and see what Munsters has to offer. Its not far away so you may as well wait right?

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think you are spot on in your thinking. The flipper gap is rough for sure but you can move the outposts in and that helps on the side drains a little and kinda helps you forget about the flipper gap a little. Ghostbusters will also make you a better player because you have to hit your shots or its going to be drain city for you. I personally love my GB Premium but i would wait and see what Munsters has to offer. Its not far away so you may as well wait right?

Well, also I am not rich. So I don't have all the money for either right now... Each month I get a little closer though. Can't really complain though. I have spent and paid for 2/3 of what my car costs on pinball this year. And I don't drive a beater. I drive a nice, decent car. But, I don't have any desires on owning expensive cars... Expensive pinballs... HECK YEAH!!!!!

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, also I am not rich. So I don't have all the money for either right now... Each month I get a little closer though. Can't really complain though. I have spent and paid for 2/3 of what my car costs on pinball this year. And I don't drive a beater. I drive a nice, decent car. But, I don't have any desires on owning expensive cars... Expensive pinballs... HECK YEAH!!!!!

Im the same way buddy, my car is paid for and im gonna drive it for at least another five years and not have a car payment, that way i can buy more pinball machines. Ive bought alot of games lately because ive been on a mission to have a nice gameroom. I never dreamed when i started that i would have as nice of a collection as i have in this short of time. If you set your mind to it, it will happen faster than you think. I got room for one more game and then its sell a game to buy another if there’s something that i gotta have. Im glad im almost to that point because i need to slow down.

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Who brought the dog.

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Even the car wouldnt be bad as the topper but the mansion would probably be ther best. It has to be one of the two though i think.

I'd love to have the car as the topper if there were a decent scale one available. 1/15th scale is the biggest I've seen and that's only 14". Needs to be more like 24".

#894 5 years ago

pinside setting themselves up for disappointment......again

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

pinside setting themselves up for disappointment......again

Not really, we just wont buy if it sucks. Pretty simple really.

#896 5 years ago

Won't suck though - I'll wager Munsters is a great game. I'll order a Pro on day one.

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Won't suck though - I'll wager Munsters is a great game. I'll order a Pro on day one.

A pro....so no lower playfield for you?

#898 5 years ago

I'm a Pro model type guy. That's all. That's what I'm comfortable spending and often the Pro models I think play with better flow etc. It's just my individual wheelhouse. I am sure Premium and LE models will be nice too.

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

A pro....so no lower playfield for you?

No lower playfield, just a big Herman Munster face in its place (ala the first AC/DC Pro), LOL... hopefully Stern doesn't do that. But I could see it.

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

No lower playfield, just a big Herman Munster face in its place (ala the first AC/DC Pro), LOL... hopefully Stern doesn't do that. But I could see it.

I'm not seeing that since this is a Borg game and ACDC is a SR game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/18?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.