(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 164.
#751 5 years ago

ICE! There you are!

I agree...I believe Ill Love this game, but will wait and see on code.
I think Dwights a Super Guy, but we have been promised a GB update for 2 years?

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

My lineup has Creature, BSD, MSF, Scared Stiff, and I'll be adding Elvira 3 & Munsters...should be some epic monster noises during parties. Now if they'd only make my dream theme - The Mummy! I'd take the classic Karloff or the Brendan Fraiser versions - not sure I'd want Tom Cruise.

One dream theme for me. Would be a Hammer Horror Pin. Having Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee on the backglass, with some busty vampire wenches would be awesome. Could also have Barbara Shelly and Caroline Munro on the backglass, and also playfield.
For those who don't know Lee was Dracula, The Mummy, and Frankenstein. That would be the mummy version I would prefer. Love the Hammer horror films. That would be an instant buy. But, I'll admit I think it would be hard to do right. I'd want it to be gothic, scary, and sexy. Hammer films were littered with playboy models as the blokes who ran the company liked to cast from reading those type of magazines.

And man... You really got a collection. I didn't care about BSD(I only played the virtual pin and not the real pin) until I saw a papa tutorial on it. That pin looks amazing, and the animations are really cool. Great modes and the mist multiball might be the coolest multiball ever!!!
One day I'd love to own a creature... But, as I said in other threads. I'm not interested in buying old machines right now. Later when I move to a bigger house I'll start collecting the oldies again. I just want space to work on them(I have no room to work on pins), and also the space to house pins not in use and being repaired.

Just made my way to the start of hte Pat Priest Marilyn Munster run. I'll say I'm actually amazed at how well the show was made. Great sets, great makeup. Yes, sometimes you can see the seams of the applications in the early episodes. And also a lot of special effects and editing tricks. Which, had to really cost a lot of time and money for universal. It was TV and they chose black and white because it was cheaper, but the show clearly had a nice budget for their effects. Yes, you can see the wires. But, those shows were not broadcast in HD, so I bet over the air, with the old tvs you would never see the little details like that.
Just a really fun show. Glad I'm rewatching it.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The flippers have lined up to place their bets on the Munsters LE, like they did with IMDN.
I think it F ing sucks that you see NIB's coming out in the market for profit.
If you don't want it, don't F ing buy it. All it does is give Stern the juice to keep raising prices.
When i hear "I've got 3 LE games reserved at different distros" it really chaps my ass.
I've already dropped one distro because they sell to these D bags.
Come on, its not like you are getting rich flipping these NIB's! All you are doing is F ing everybody else that wants one.

Best post on Pinside. Same reason I just posted this topic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifetime-pinball-amp-video-game-collection-auction-in-central-pa-09-08#post-4572173
8 out 10 people I see at these types of auctions are flippers that will have the same games listed the next day for hundreds over then what they payed for them.

#754 5 years ago

What I hate: The word "flipper" can refer to both the mechanical bats that make pinball so awesome... AND the money-grubbing douchebags who care nothing for the hobby!

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dwight didn't push GB across the goal line so I'm cautious.
The only slam dunk is Lyman and he is the F ing KING.
The flippers have lined up to place their bets on the Munsters LE, like they did with IMDN.
If you don't want it, don't F ing buy it. All it does is give Stern the juice to keep raising prices.
When i hear "I've got 3 LE games reserved at different distros" it really chaps my ass.
Come on, its not like you are getting rich flipping these NIB's! All you are doing is F ing everybody else that wants one.

Great post Doug!!! It's hard to believe there's enough $$$ in these toys now to turn significant profits on NIB.....suppose I could be wrong.

Munsters has an appeal to me, but can't part w any of my current lineup, and out of practical room (!?!)

Think I'm holding pat for awhile.......

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

One dream theme for me. Would be a Hammer Horror Pin. Having Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee on the backglass, with some busty vampire wenches would be awesome. Could also have Barbara Shelly and Caroline Munro on the backglass, and also playfield.
For those who don't know Lee was Dracula, The Mummy, and Frankenstein. That would be the mummy version I would prefer. Love the Hammer horror films. That would be an instant buy. But, I'll admit I think it would be hard to do right. I'd want it to be gothic, scary, and sexy. Hammer films were littered with playboy models as the blokes who ran the company liked to cast from reading those type of magazines.
And man... You really got a collection. I didn't care about BSD(I only played the virtual pin and not the real pin) until I saw a papa tutorial on it. That pin looks amazing, and the animations are really cool. Great modes and the mist multiball might be the coolest multiball ever!!!
One day I'd love to own a creature... But, as I said in other threads. I'm not interested in buying old machines right now. Later when I move to a bigger house I'll start collecting the oldies again. I just want space to work on them(I have no room to work on pins), and also the space to house pins not in use and being repaired.
Just made my way to the start of hte Pat Priest Marilyn Munster run. I'll say I'm actually amazed at how well the show was made. Great sets, great makeup. Yes, sometimes you can see the seams of the applications in the early episodes. And also a lot of special effects and editing tricks. Which, had to really cost a lot of time and money for universal. It was TV and they chose black and white because it was cheaper, but the show clearly had a nice budget for their effects. Yes, you can see the wires. But, those shows were not broadcast in HD, so I bet over the air, with the old tvs you would never see the little details like that.
Just a really fun show. Glad I'm rewatching it.

Thanks, it's mostly a budget collection except for The Hobbit. Munsters will be my first NIB.

I'm really warming up to BSD. I put a Pinsound in it with remastered sounds and the atmosphere is simply outstanding...

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great post Doug!!! It's hard to believe there's enough $$$ in these toys now to turn significant profits on NIB.....suppose I could be wrong.
Munsters has an appeal to me, but can't part w any of my current lineup, and out of practical room (!?!)
Think I'm holding pat for awhile.......

If you haven’t got rid of the fridge yet Mark you have room for one more in the kitchen once that’s out the way

#758 5 years ago

Ando's speculation

Munsters LE will not be instant sell out, even at 500 units.

I think it will catch some newbs easy with some sweet art and a nice toy, trapdoor ? many seasoned LE buyers will be a little cautious.

Even though there is a ton of interest and a good hype train running.

A large slice of buyers will wait for MBr and E3

My guess is Munsters will have 3 flippers and lacking code - ( i know duh ) on release next month.

Borg may have something special up his sleeve for this one perhaps ?

I am sure Munsters will be lots of fun, that's what pinball should be all about.

My only hope is that code fulfillment in a fair time frame, say '6 months tops' is realized !

It's not fair to keep buyers waiting for over a year for complete code.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

My guess is Munsters will have 3 flippers and lacking code - ( i know duh ) on release next month.

They didn't pick the Munsters team at random. They wanted to make a statement. I also think Borg has something to prove after copying or mirroring his playfields for the last 10 years. Munsters is likely to be a very special, new playfield design.

That said, I don't think it will be released next month. I can see it being ANNOUNCED in 6 weeks at expo, but release of the Pros in Nov and Prem in Dec is more likely.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you haven’t got rid of the fridge yet Mark you have room for one more in the kitchen once that’s out the way

I actually have a storage area for luggage, house supplies, and other nonsense just off the game room. Measured last night and could fit 2 more in there...who needs that stuff!!!
Fridge obviously after that....

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually have a storage area for luggage, house supplies, and other nonsense just off the game room. Measured last night and could fit 2 more in there...who needs that stuff!!!
Fridge obviously after that....

Tell wife your moving to bunk beds.
Plenty of room master bedroom.

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Tell wife your moving to bunk beds.
Plenty of room master bedroom.

Whoa....there is room there!!!!

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Munsters LE will not be instant sell out, even at 500 units.

Wanna bet ?

Will sell out instant to distributors, just like the rest.

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dwight didn't push GB across the goal line so I'm cautious.
The only slam dunk is Lyman and he is the F ing KING.

I buy 3 LEs usually but this is for my locations that can support it.

#765 5 years ago

Alright....cutting to the chase...who really knows if/ when this is coming, and how much? I might bite....

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Alright....cutting to the chase...who really knows if/ when this is coming, and how much? I might bite....

If? Definitely yes.

When? Less certain, but probably announced in Oct and Pros start flowing in November.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If? Definitely yes.
When? Less certain, but probably announced in Oct and Pros start flowing in November.

Thanks @vireland.........not going to expo for it, but on the radar.....

#768 5 years ago

I so hope they will include Zombo in this, such a great character and episode. Also hope they include Uncle Gillman. Actually got to.meet Butch Patrick before, cool guy!!

FB_IMG_1536083293349 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1536083293349 (resized).jpg
#769 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I buy 3 LEs usually but this is for my locations that can support it.

I know and that is great!

Making new pinball available to the hobby and public is fantastic. And that’s REAL demand.

Now if you were buying 6 and stashing 3 then it’s hard to be a fan of that practice

Of course it’s everybodys right to do it but it just keeps creating artificial demand and drives prices up, I’m talking about the flipper brigade here

Then the bag holders get stuck later asking WTF happened to the value after the party is over

Shhhhh, listen closely, the music is almost over, better grab a chair

#770 5 years ago

Yeah, Butch is very personable.

My experience was hanging out at the Bar after a show in Florida, and sharing 10 minutes with Butch and Jay North....Dennis the Menace....a bit Surreal!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#771 5 years ago

If you are a fan of Gottlieb Haunted House. Munsters LE/Premium will be your game. Jacked up 2018 style !

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If you are a fan of Gottlieb Haunted House. Munsters LE/Premium will be your game. Jacked up 2018 style !

It better be better than Haunted House, that’s all i got to say! lol

#773 5 years ago

Don't let the LE hype train F you over!!!

Another price increase is coming most likely and Stern is going shove these LE's down the distro's throats, and the distro's are going to demand "non refundable deposits".

STOP the BS, seriously.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Aren't you at a Metallica concert? Take a Pinside break!

Brad

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

hype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpghype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpg
#776 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another price increase is coming most likely and Stern is going shove these LE's down the distro's throats, and the distro's are going to demand "non refundable deposits".
STOP the BS, seriously

Preach! Loving this Truth campaign!!!

#777 5 years ago

I hope there are no mini playfields.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I hope there are no mini playfields.

If it's a riff on Haunted House, you're pissing into the wind.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's a riff on Haunted House, you're pissing into the wind.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance...

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So you’re telling me there’s a chance...

Maybe on the stripped out pro.

#781 5 years ago

If Munsters has a lower playfield I hope its more interesting than acdc
Would be Borgs first with a lower pf ?
Sounds exciting

Herman calling........... Hey John, I know you are going to do this title justice

John... Sure this is gonna be awesome !

Herman... Yes.. I can really bend some iron !

Maiden ?

John.... All good Herman.. leave it to me. Your game will be killer !
jb phn (resized).jpgjb phn (resized).jpgqiron (resized).pngqiron (resized).pngzlil (resized).jpgzlil (resized).jpg

#782 5 years ago

So I've been watching the Munsters a lot lately. And while I'm no pinball designer. I think it would be cool if they did a staircase ramp and had the ball lock be kind of like the ball lock on baywatch for the lifeguard tower.
That the ball locks inside the secret passage of the staircase. And honestly I think the staircase should be a mid ramp... But, I know a lot of people complain that there are no great center ramp games.
There are good center ramp games, but no great ones... And I kinda think you do need a lower playfield. For the lab/dungeon. You need it. And yes, you need that to be integrated well. I actually am not a big fan of multiplayfield games. But, I think it could fit the theme and be done right.
One thing I will say though. I still want animations to go along with the video clips.
I've never played batman 66 but I've watched it being played and honestly I didn't like the integration. And I was ho-hum about the integration of GOG. I guess I'm a bit old school in that regard.
But, I really think if the people who design it truly based it on the series and took design cues it could be a unique and fun game.
But, if they just took a theme and just stuck it on an existing design... Well... Might not be worth it to be honest.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Interested in seeing the design layout. And of course after that the coding. But, you all have gotten me intrigued about this game.

#783 5 years ago

I was thinking it would be really cool and different if a basement playfield, instead of just looking thru a window on the mail playfield floor, either/also had a camera mounted under there to display an alternate view on the LCD. Maybe a couple small cameras to ensure a good view of the ball.

#784 5 years ago

I grew up with The Munsters and love the theme, but I'd have to play it first. It could be super fun and funny, or it could be GB-linear or SW-mathchess with Dwight at the helm.

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I grew up with The Munsters and love the theme, but I'd have to play it first. It could be super fun and funny, or it could be GB-linear or SW-mathchess with Dwight at the helm.

My potential concern with a Dwight Sullivan code is completeness. This issue obviously isn't unique for his games and his time availability is not ultimately his call, but I understand that both GoT's and GB's code feel unfinished. Not sure as far as SW's. In contrast, although he can take quite a while to finish, you can be confident that a Lyman Sheats code will be complete in the end.

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My potential concern with a Dwight Sullivan code is completeness. This issue obviously isn't unique for his games and his time availability is not ultimately his call, but I understand that both GoT's and GB's code feel unfinished. Not sure as far as SW's. In contrast, although he can take quite a while to finish, you can be confident that a Lyman Sheats code will be complete in the end.

For me it's completeness & concept. When Lyman's games are unfinished, you can still see the concept forming...and for me, I always like Lyman's approach to game design. I haven't gelled with Dwight's game design concepts since he came back to Stern.

#787 5 years ago

GoT is the most complete, I think. However it does have some pretty major bugs that should have been addressed a year or more ago, if nothing else.

Ghostbusters is his biggest mess remaining.

#788 5 years ago

He still has plans for GB, and so does the company. Based on what I am seeing and hearing, I think Stern is making a commitment to get the code into better shape prior to launch. The change in operating systems and the addition of the LCD screens threw them for a loop, and they didn't realize how long the coding was going to take. Unfortunately there is a point where a developer has to be pulled off a game to get the next one queued up, especially with the longer development times. Stern has publicly said they are not done with GB, and I know Dwight has told me and others there are several things he would like to change/add, so it will happen at some point. I think going forward they have learned a good lesson, so I don't share the same worry. Dwight will do a great job if this is indeed the next one in the works.........

#789 5 years ago

Who is planning on grabbing an LE sight unseen. I love this theme big time, but there is no way I can imagine getting one without seeing/playing it. Especially with the prices where they will be. Yikes!!!

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Who is planning on grabbing an LE sight unseen. I love this theme big time, but there is no way I can imagine getting one without seeing/playing it. Especially with the prices where they will be. Yikes!!!

There are going to be plenty who reserve multiple games such as what Iceman said, but there will also be a lot that back out once they have to start plunking money down. Until the game is revealed, there should be plenty to go around, and those that are actually reserving are possibly de-valuing their own pin.

Think about it, if Stern is planning to release 500 of the LE's and the distros tell them they have a line of folks waiting for more.....that 500 is now going to be 1000. Why would Stern pass up the opportunity to make those extra bucks if they know the games will sell out? I know I would be making them until no one wanted them anymore.

#791 5 years ago

I’m a fan of Dwight's rules in GOT and SW. but there’s a lot of polish needed in both games that makes them feel a bit lackluster. GOT has many many bugs, with the major one being endless multiball without having to play a single mode. SW lacks in priority with sound queue’s and music at certain highlights of the game as well as missing correct scoring on either display (light saber duel) or not showing score shot values on either LCD screen (i.e. defeating a planet mb).

That said; I’d still take his ruleset and code over some of Lyman’s, which can feel like work at times, and most any other stern as he offers a lot of diversity and breadth. Plus, Dwight finishes his code in a pretty timely manner - although this is also a negative as he won’t revisit bugs or polish as mentioned above.

#792 5 years ago

GoT's overall concept and rules are his best work. If art and DMD work hadn't been such a remedial effort, and it had a little more engineering time, it could have been a really top game ... or still could if VE rumours (a la spiderman - new art, new DMD stuff) are true.

But like most of his games, it's still pretty buggy, with a few real nasties.

I own an ST, and even after the minimal update a few months ago, with the 'VE', it's buggy and feels unfinished, even if rules are overall decent.

I'm in no hurry to own another Dwight coded game, as of now. Certainly not until GoT and ST are properly cleaned up, either by him or the new hires.

#793 5 years ago

Dwight Sullivan blog spot for those interested.

http://mypinballblog.blogspot.com

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

GoT's overall concept and rules are his best work.

He stated in a recent interview that he's most proud of his SW work.

Quoted from rubberducks:

I own an ST, and even after the minimal update a few months ago, with the 'VE', it's buggy and feels unfinished, even if rules are overall decent.

He doesn't consider ST as one of his games as he supposedly only helped out by finalizing code that another designer had created - rather than contributing anything creative of his own.

#795 5 years ago

He stated in a recent interview that he's most proud of his SW work.

Until you have the benefit of perspective only time can impart, sometimes to a creator that's too close to a project, it's not clear that work you THINK is your best is not objectively your best.

I agree that GoT is his best work so far. We'll see what time says.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Until you have the benefit of perspective only time can impart, sometimes to a creator that's too close to a project, it's not clear that work you THINK is your best is not objectively your best.

That escalated quickly.

You should listen to that interview, he actually was very cautious what he was saying.
Of course he is proud that the game is deep, but he aknowledges it's kinda overly convoluted.
He actually says he want's to make a game that is more nearable (is that a word?) like T2 but with depth like GoT or SW for home consumer market.

#797 5 years ago

As a person that for some reason liked this show as a kid in eighties i am surprised for the hype. Yes its sort of iconic for the horror genre but most never watched it. Its sort of a ripoff of taf but they did it well. Unlike Iron Maiden and Deadpool it seems to be a little weaker license then Sterns recent releases.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Unlike Iron Maiden and Deadpool it seems to be a little weaker license then Sterns recent releases.

Perhaps, but campy 60's/horror is good stuff! I'm betting that this game will "fit" great between my Batman 66 and Scared Stiff.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That escalated quickly.
You should listen to that interview, he actually was very cautious what he was saying.
Of course he is proud that the game is deep, but he aknowledges it's kinda overly convoluted.
He actually says he want's to make a game that is more nearable (is that a word?) like T2 but with depth like GoT or SW for home consumer market.

I'm just saying that it's human nature to give most recent "good" work you've spent the better part of a year working on the benefit of feeling it's "great" when the passage of time will equalize perception to the actual truth. Not a knock on Dwight.

#800 5 years ago

Found this exclusive pic of the main bash toys Stern designed for Munsters. I don’t much care for them since their arms don’t move

6FC61724-476D-426C-B87B-DBBF3E97B6EC (resized).png6FC61724-476D-426C-B87B-DBBF3E97B6EC (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.