(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 164.
#701 5 years ago

I searched the forum and don't believe anyone has posted this yet. I didn't know much about The Munster's and found this great 45 minute documentary about the conception and start of the show. Great story and very informative.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I searched the forum and don't believe anyone has posted this yet. I didn't know much about The Munster's and found this great 45 minute documentary about the conception and start of the show. Great story and very informative.

That shot of them in the koach would by great for translite or cab art.

#704 5 years ago

You won't see this until EXPO mid October.

Quoted from pindude80:

Anyone have any speculation about when this will be officially announced and pics of it? I've been thinking about getting a Maiden, but am a fan of the Munsters and wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like before I pull the trigger on a Maiden.

#705 5 years ago

What's with all the 'sissy versions' of games Stern? First we have 'sissy Batman' and now 'sissy Addams Family'??? jk.... I prefer darker/edgy themes, so yes, Monster Bash is fun, but the theme makes me vomit.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If then. Word on the street is November ... ish.

#707 5 years ago

Not sure I have room for this and Elvira 3. Decisions, decisions.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If then. Word on the street is November ... ish.

Heard November as well, just can’t if that’s the time it’s expected to be revealed or shipping

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Heard November as well, just can’t if that’s the time it’s expected to be revealed or shipping

Reveal i heard yesterday is at Expo in Oct. Probably shipping not long after that.

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

More than any game out there or in the works....I am excited about this title and hope that the game itself
is stellar!
I have no problem hearing the theme song over and over, and if they have Fred Gwynne Quotes, along with
the Others.....Im thrilled!
I learned yesterday, that even though I have memories of Car 54 where are you, and knew that it was Fred Gwynne,
I didnt know that his partner was Al Lewis! Face to Palm smack!
[quoted image]
Thats Grandpa!

No... that's Todd Tuckey!

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Reveal i heard yesterday is at Expo in Oct. Probably shipping not long after that.

Beware of counting on "Expo reveals". Just sayin'.

#712 5 years ago

That would probably make for November shipping then? Stern are really pumping these out!

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Beware of counting on "Expo reveals". Just sayin'.

I hear you. Could be like Batman66, you only can look at it, not play it.

#714 5 years ago

Thats what I am thinkin.

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Behind Red ropes.

#716 5 years ago

No way will Stern do that again!

This is a Stern game, not a Kapow.

Expect all guns a blazin at Expo

#717 5 years ago

Looking forward to this one

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

What's with all the 'sissy versions' of games Stern? First we have 'sissy Batman' and now 'sissy Addams Family'??? jk

You forgot to poke fun @ baby Deadpool dude!

I dig the BM66 & Munsters themes but see your point.

Dang look at your downvotes, tough crowd lol

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That shot of them in the koach would by great for translite or cab art.

Except for Lily and her heil hitler salute.

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If Uncle Gilbert is in it, i'm DAY ONE, no questions asked!

I’m hoping for Fregosi and his cursed ring.

#721 5 years ago

Drunk post.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Haha, you must be on of them Li...Never mind, your form CA. Yeah any arm above the the shoulders is a hail hitler to you you. Ridiculous!!!

Heil. HEIL.

#723 5 years ago

I know.

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Haha, you must be on of them Li...Never mind, your form CA. Yeah any arm above the the shoulders is a hail hitler to you you. Ridiculous!!!

And you must be one of those snowflakes with no sense of humor.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:And you must be one of those snowflakes with no sense of humor.

True. It was one of those moments. I hold Lily in high regards.
Now back to pinball!!!
Can't wait to see what the pro looks like.

#727 5 years ago

So, I don't really have the space or the money for the Munsters. Saving up for a different NIB... But, this thread has me excited regardless, as I'm a huge fan of the original series. In fact this thread got me so excited I bought the dvd box set from amazon. Working my way through the episodes now.I'm almost to the last episode of the original Marilyn.
One thing I'll say about this pin. And I do hope to get one, one day... I think it could look really amazing. And while I said I'm not currently buying old pins. My dream pin is Creature from the Black Lagoon... And I got to tell you all. Think about how amazing a Creature, next to a Munsters, next to a Monster Bash and next to at least one Elvira would be. My brain would just explode at the sheer awesomeness. One day I'll have that lineup... One day...

#728 5 years ago

I buy one Pin a year. It's just a house rule. Still a ring on my finger.
Munsters is now at top of my list. Unless American Pinball makes the coveted Oktoberfest.

#729 5 years ago

I buy one Pin a year. It's just a house rule. Still a ring on my finger.
Munsters is now at top of my list. Unless American Pinball makes the coveted Oktoberfest.

Do you cycle out? Or just keep adding to the collection.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So, I don't really have the space or the money for the Munsters. Saving up for a different NIB... But, this thread has me excited regardless, as I'm a huge fan of the original series. In fact this thread got me so excited I bought the dvd box set from amazon. Working my way through the episodes now.I'm almost to the last episode of the original Marilyn.
One thing I'll say about this pin. And I do hope to get one, one day... I think it could look really amazing. And while I said I'm not currently buying old pins. My dream pin is Creature from the Black Lagoon... And I got to tell you all. Think about how amazing a Creature, next to a Munsters, next to a Monster Bash and next to at least one Elvira would be. My brain would just explode at the sheer awesomeness. One day I'll have that lineup... One day...

The Munsters could very well end up being better than Elvira 3. It has the right team of people on it and the right theme to be a Monster hit.....no pun intended.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Do you cycle out? Or just keep adding to the collection.

Oh Yes. I have 3 on my collection that are leaving to help pay for NIB.

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters could very well end up being better than Elvira 3. It has the right team of people on it and the right theme to be a Monster hit.....no pun intended.

Yes, and Munsters is currently 4th on my list of games I want to get. I want to get an Elvira, Attack From Mars Remake, Ghostbusters, and then Munsters... 5th would be Monster Bash remake. I'm not a rich man though. And I'm still debating whether or not I should get a pro or prem for ghostbusters.
One thing I will say though. Even if I do get a Munsters. I'm not buying first production run.
I think while I am happy with my Iron Madien Prem.
Stern doesn't go back and fix known issues. They just ship it out as is buyer be damned. Case in point, you call up their service department and they know the reason and solution to the issue you have.
They really should fix those things before they ship it out. Or send the parts or screws or whatever along with you order.

I really think one should wait a month or two before they put their order in.
So, if fate is kind to me. I might have a Munsters.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm not a rich man though. And I'm still debating whether or not I should get a pro or prem for ghostbusters.

No question. Premium on Ghostbusters. Pro is severely lacking.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No question. Premium on Ghostbusters. Pro is severely lacking.

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Batman ‘66 is Stern game. The partnership with Kapow was over the license only.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The team on the game is usually a make or break for me. Who is on the team for Munsters, besides Borg?

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

The team on the game is usually a make or break for me. Who is on the team for Munsters, besides Borg?

Borg designing, Dwight on code, Franchi on art, certainly an awesome team!

#738 5 years ago

Correct Munsters is all Stern.

Beatles will be the next Stern & Kapow collaboration.

#739 5 years ago

Based on the team working on Munsters, what design features and code might we expect.... multiple flippers? Etc.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Based on the team working on Munsters, what design features and code might we expect.... multiple flippers? Etc.

Borg has done three flipper with XM and Tron but probably more with two flippers. I can’t say if the code partner has a big say in what the lead designer does with a pin.

I’m a bit concerned if the code relying on TV clips might make the game a pause and watch the video type game? Has that been the case with SW or BM66 for example?

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m a bit concerned if the code relying on TV clips might make the game a pause and watch the video type game? Has that been the case with SW or BM66 for example?

Can't speak to SW, but that's certainly not the case with BM66. There are a few times the game holds the ball for a brief time (e.g. to the Batcave sequence) but that's it. And that's partly because the length of the sequence depends on what the player does.

The biggest issue I have with Batman is that since I'm usually playing by myself I am too busy keeping the ball in play that I haven't actually seen all the video. I've heard that some consider SW and GOTG "jukeboxes" because the video is somewhat disconnected from the game, but that's certainly not the case with BM (and may be opinions based on early code levels).

#742 5 years ago

In on an LE.. this sitting next to my TAFG will look awesome.

It needs to be good to beat of the posible TAF remake and MBR! I’m sure it will be

Think it will be great.

#743 5 years ago

I wouldn't be counting on this. More likely IAPPA...

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Munsters team is the second best case scenario. Borg, Franchi, Dwight, and it is a BFD, indeed. Only swapping out Dwight for Lyman could make it perfect. But this is a very, very strong second. I expect great things from this machine, and the leaked cabs are not calming the hype train fuel.

hype_train_Munsters (resized).jpghype_train_Munsters (resized).jpg
#745 5 years ago

Yeah it seems like you'd want these on route/in homes by Halloween.

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

My lineup has Creature, BSD, MSF, Scared Stiff, and I'll be adding Elvira 3 & Munsters...should be some epic monster noises during parties. Now if they'd only make my dream theme - The Mummy! I'd take the classic Karloff or the Brendan Fraiser versions - not sure I'd want Tom Cruise.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Borg designing, Dwight on code, Franchi on art, certainly an awesome team!

What is considered Dwight's best coded game? I know he worked with Keith on LotR and TSPP. GoT? GB? T2? STtNG?

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

What is considered Dwight's best coded game? I know he worked with Keith on LotR and TSPP. GoT? GB? T2? STtNG?

Has to be GOT and SW i would think.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

GoT is his best so far IMO. But I'm really looking forward to whatever he does with Munsters. SO much potential.

#750 5 years ago

Dwight didn't push GB across the goal line so I'm cautious.

The only slam dunk is Lyman and he is the F ing KING.

The flippers have lined up to place their bets on the Munsters LE, like they did with IMDN.

I think it F ing sucks that you see NIB's coming out in the market for profit.

If you don't want it, don't F ing buy it. All it does is give Stern the juice to keep raising prices.

When i hear "I've got 3 LE games reserved at different distros" it really chaps my ass.

I've already dropped one distro because they sell to these D bags.

Come on, its not like you are getting rich flipping these NIB's! All you are doing is F ing everybody else that wants one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/15?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.