(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 164.
#7801 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Have you emailed your thoughts to Stern on your thoughts on code.
If not, please do so here:
[email protected]
Thx

I emailed dwight directly, and he replied, so yes, they are aware of my concerns.

#7802 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I emailed dwight directly, and he replied, so yes, they are aware of my concerns.

Awesome, thanks

Just need others to email.

#7803 5 years ago

Emailed as well. I love the pin but would also like to see the code deepened some more.

#7804 5 years ago

My Munsters Pro „green is the new black“ knocked on my door 2-day. I love it

01D01B79-DC88-49E7-9778-EEC0B90112F3 (resized).jpeg01D01B79-DC88-49E7-9778-EEC0B90112F3 (resized).jpeg9EACB144-31AA-4404-B52C-8E1D63AAB40D (resized).jpeg9EACB144-31AA-4404-B52C-8E1D63AAB40D (resized).jpegE4E498FC-B655-40DE-B2B4-FF44D4C01F87 (resized).jpegE4E498FC-B655-40DE-B2B4-FF44D4C01F87 (resized).jpeg
#7805 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are the legs green as well?

#7806 5 years ago

Played Munsters LE today, left with a good impression. It’s definitely a fun location game - you can go up to it with little knowledge & just have fun and get a bunch of things going. Even tho I don’t like lockbar button rules, you can relatively ignore it and still have fun. Great lighting FX, great shaker integration, and really liked the lower playfield. Multiball down there is really cool. I have to say, despite my feeling about Stern QC & testing, the game “feels” really good. Shots felt good, flippers felt good, ramps and toys felt good. This is definitely the first Stern Spike game to leave me with this impression. I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for a used Premium down the road.

#7807 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Played Munsters LE today, left with a good impression. It’s definitely a fun location game - you can go up to it with little knowledge & just have fun and get a bunch of things going. Even tho I don’t like lockbar button rules, you can relatively ignore it and still have fun. Great lighting FX, great shaker integration, and really liked the lower playfield. Multiball down there is really cool. I have to say, despite my feeling about Stern QC & testing, the game “feels” really good. Shots felt good, flippers felt good, ramps and toys felt good. This is definitely the first Stern Spike game to leave me with this impression. I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for a used Premium down the road.

First time in years I've agreed with anything RH has said. That's a bit unnerving as i have my LE coming soon!

#7808 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you like Munsters as much as you do Ghostbusters?

#7809 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sounds like you need to start looking at 90’s games...not NIB Sterns.

Been there done that , back into hobby after a few years out. Owned numerous games in the past Inc WH20, Cftbl, CV, TSPP to name just a few.

Loving these new Sterns now .....

#7810 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just need others to email.

I have done so....

#7811 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Open playfield but deep?
Well, that sounds like Hobbit to me, not like Iron Man, Munsters or Batman

Open PF but deep was referring to BM66.
Not the other games mentioned.

Iron Maiden by the way

#7812 5 years ago

I love the code overall now that i have figured most of it out and the levels vary enough to make it feel different and fun Only thing really wish to be added is a final mode for actually completing the modes and the madness mode. Maybe a mini one for beating all the modes and not madness ... then a similar one but more elaborate and more points for beating all the modes and finishing the madness mode. Kinda like mb

#7813 5 years ago

Boys all i got to say is if Rarehero has good things to say about this game, then that means its AWESOME!

#7814 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

More pics besides the PF please

#7815 5 years ago

That green looks nice

#7816 5 years ago

I think I am going to look for a HUO LE when somebody has determined that it is too shallow for long term home staying power, is not the greatest lower pf ever made in a pinball machine, is not the greatest Borg game ever made, are too worried Dwight will get sidetracked updating GB before he gets back to Munsters, and has finally decided the image of the wrestle reject gold legs grating on their retinas like screaming agony has got to go...

Then I will put it next to my MBrLE, perform some cult ordained illegal Satanic marriage of a CGC/Stern match made in Hell, and let my guests fight it out on which is the nicest machine. And when CGC announces remake #4 as TAF... I will complete the unholy trinity. Only Elvira could screw this up for me.

#7817 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Open PF but deep was referring to BM66.
Not the other games mentioned.
Iron Maiden by the way

Damn dude, 15 yrs on Pinside! Welcome back

#7818 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think I am going to look for a HUO LE when somebody has determined that it is too shallow for long term home staying power, is not the greatest lower pf ever made in a pinball machine, is not the greatest Borg game ever made, are too worried Dwight will get sidetracked updating GB before he gets back to Munsters, and has finally decided the image of the wrestle reject gold legs grating on their retinas like screaming agony has got to go...
Then I will put it next to my MBrLE, perform some cult ordained illegal Satanic marriage of a CGC/Stern match made in Hell, and let my guests fight it out on which is the nicest machine. And when CGC announces remake #4 as TAF... I will complete the unholy trinity. Only Elvira could screw this up for me.

You are cracking me up Bubblehead

#7819 5 years ago

@iceman44, it is my job to be the fool it seems. We need some more humor in here.

In 157 pages I have seen this pin elevated to the gods and sacrificed to the demons in hell, and in both contexts I have to ask, did you track down the operator or the establishment owner, or home owner and ask for your money back or some kind of rebate because, well, you know, it just wasn’t enough fun for a buck, or that you felt you owed them a buck extra for all the fun you got above and beyond the buck you payed? Was it enough fun to fill an evening? weekend? One out of 5 games in a collection fun? I think hells yes.

#7820 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are the legs green as well?

Yes!

26709833-7A33-4855-95DC-B144FD878827 (resized).jpeg26709833-7A33-4855-95DC-B144FD878827 (resized).jpeg
#7821 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Yes![quoted image]

That looks sharp!

#7822 5 years ago

Does the LE come with a coin door sticker?

#7823 5 years ago

What’s the initial thinking from LE owners on long term playability of the lower PF? Do you think the novelty will wear off?

#7824 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Does the LE come with a coin door sticker?

No, but i know a bloke that does them really well

#7825 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What’s the initial thinking from LE owners on long term playability of the lower PF? Do you think the novelty will wear off?

I’m not an Munsters LE owner, but I have played some pinball.

I don’t think any lower playfield will ever top the likes of Black Hole or Haunted House: reversed orientation, pop bumpers, drop target banks, orbits, captive balls, etc. Those were stellar, especially for the time period, and still are today.

But then, in my opinion, you have duds like Elektra, even AC/DC, where the lower PF just isn’t all that exciting.

I really like that they integrated a VUK and ramps on the lower PF on this game, and incorporated a MB mode in Grandpa MB. I think that will keep the lower PF much more interesting on this title longer than others.

#7826 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No

#7827 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m not an Munsters LE owner, but I have played some pinball.
I don’t think any lower playfield will ever top the likes of Black Hole or Haunted House: reversed orientation, pop bumpers, drop target banks, orbits, captive balls, etc. Those were stellar, especially for the time period, and still are today.

I agree about HH/BH. Was just playing HH today and thinking how much of a difference full size flippers and drop targets make compared to what I remember from the few games I’ve played on a Munsters Premium. I like the Munsters implementation much better than Stewie pinball but having a hard time deciding if I would like it long term to pay the difference between a Pro and a Premium.

#7828 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree about HH/BH. Was just playing HH today and thinking how much of a difference full size flippers and drop targets make compared to what I remember from the few games I’ve played on a Munsters Premium. I like the Munsters implementation much better than Stewie pinball but having a hard time deciding if I would like it long term to pay the difference between a Pro and a Premium.

Definitely. Having 3 inch flips and drops on the lower PF makes you feel like you’re playing another playfield with purpose, not some “sub playfield”.

I’ll have to put some games up on a pro and premium, but truth be told, I’m not real fond of the artwork on the LE. And the red cab stripe seems a little out of place. The premium might be the way to go.

#7829 5 years ago

90% of lower and upper playfields are designed to give a game 'more' but they rarely work.

So many recent games have been a bust in this area.

#7830 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

First time in years I've agreed with anything RH has said. That's a bit unnerving as i have my LE coming soon!

Either you’re moving to the left or he’s moving to the right

#7831 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely. Having 3 inch flips on the lower PF makes you feel like you’re just playing another playfield, not some “sub playfield”.
I’ll have to put some games up on a pro and premium, but truth be told, I’m not real fond of the artwork on the LE. And the red cab stripe seems a little out of place. The premium might be the way to go.

I cancelled my LE because I just didn’t like the art package. I really like the b/w on the Premium over the color on the LE/Pro but just haven’t decided if it’s worth $1600 for the lower playfield. The Pro may be good enough even though it seems to be cheating by having the color playfield when the series is so identified by black and white.

#7832 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have the translites to get autographed, just have to figure out what color pens to have them signed with

Who are you going to have sign them? Pat and Butch? The design team as well? Sounds like an idea I need to replicate.

#7833 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Who are you going to have sign them? Pat and Butch? The design team as well? Sounds like an idea I need to replicate.

Yes, yes and yes. My initial reason for going to TPF this year.

#7834 5 years ago

Just read through the complete rule sheet and comments. Definitely a lot more going on in this game than I thought.

http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781

#7835 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just read through the complete rule sheet and comments. Definitely a lot more going on in this game than I thought.

There is a lot going on for sure and it’s still new
The lower playfield is awesome hella fun the whole game is a blast

#7836 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Colsond you may as well get one because you know that you want any game that has monsters on it!

#7837 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

90% of lower and upper playfields are designed to give a game 'more' but they rarely work.
So many recent games have been a bust in this area.

Personally I think that is due to Stern minimally coding their upper / lower playfields which is a bummer. Why? They can't have the rules vary that much between pro and premium / LE games. Well they probably could but usually don't spend the time to do so. ACDC premium / LE is a good example. The lower playfield is used for a couple modes, is never used in multiball modes and has only a few rules coded for it. Same goes for the upper playfield in Aerosmith premium / LE. Munsters premium / LE appears to have more coded for it thankfully then past Stern mini playfields.

#7838 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think that is due to Stern minimally coding their upper / lower playfields which is a bummer. Why? They can't have the rules vary that much between pro and premium / LE games. Well they probably could but usually don't spend the time to do so. ACDC premium / LE is a good example. The lower playfield is used for a couple modes, is never used in multiball modes and has only a few rules coded for it. Same goes for the upper playfield in Aerosmith premium / LE. Munsters premium / LE appears to have more coded for it thankfully then past Stern mini playfields.

Panz is right. From a programming standpoint, you need some logical stopping points. We're all kind of getting taken advantage of with that.

#7839 5 years ago

Had my LE for a few days. Lower playfield is Sterns best so far. Very happy with this title.

#7840 5 years ago

Got my LE on Friday and all is well.

I still don’t have an ETA on my Premium, however.

#7841 5 years ago

I’ve had the LE for a few days the game is flat out amaze balls.
Picking it apart is great for opening up discussions but all you can really do on the thing is be picky,i have tried I think it has it all.Its a beast.

#7842 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Either you’re moving to the left or he’s moving to the right

LOL!

I'm pretty sure it's neither one of those.

Getting my LE this week

#7843 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Buy my pro when i upgrade to a premium

#7844 5 years ago

This is pretty cool from a bunch of Canadian kids!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5033558

(Spoiler alert: it’s a Dragula)!

#7845 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Buy my pro when i upgrade to a premium

Hit me up when you decide to move it...you have my number. And if you still have that poor WCS all dismantled in your dining room I’ll take that too just to save it.

#7846 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

100%. It applies to any PRE/LE gameplay features, but is more noticeable on the upper/lower pf’s. Aerosmith Prele is a prime example. Whilst I think it’s really nicely integrated and doesn’t slow down gemeplay too much, it would nice if it at least had its own mode.

The ProPreLe model will always result in a game that is essentially dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

#7847 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hit me up when you decide to move it...you have my number. And if you still have that poor WCS all dismantled in your dining room I’ll take that too just to save it.

I do lol.. figured longer i hold onto it the more it will be worth as prices continue to climb on the b/c bally/Williams pins .

#7848 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

100%. It applies to any PRE/LE gameplay features, but is more noticeable on the upper/lower pf’s. Aerosmith Prele is a prime example. Whilst I think it’s really nicely integrated and doesn’t slow down gemeplay too much, it would nice if it at least had its own mode.

It does. Double Scoring mode that's not available on the Pro.

#7849 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It does. Double Scoring mode that's not available on the Pro.

Double scoring is not a mode.

#7850 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Double scoring is not a mode.

It's as much of a mode as Lily has, but she's not even exclusive to the Prem/LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/157?hl=thecashier76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.