(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 164.
#7601 5 years ago

Everything is a B or B+ anyway

#7602 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's true, but what does SDTM bring in for $$$? Better to be a distributor.
Of course, this would be solved if pinball makers just consistently made better games.

Oh I totally agree, but the choice has been made. Zach can't do both, as this deprecation of SDTM has proven. He made the right choice, but I feel sorry for Jerry.

#7603 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Everything is a B or B+ anyway

Right? 3 hour review to get to another B...lol

#7604 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Right? 3 hour review to get to another B...lol

That's a solid B !

#7605 5 years ago

This game has a lot going for it

#7606 5 years ago

Interested to hear opinions of those that took delivery of Munsters LE and MBrLE and how they stack up against each other...

#7607 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Interested to hear opinions of those that took delivery of Munsters LE and MBrLE and how they stack up against each other...

Same here, MBR vs Munsters any model really.

#7608 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

This game has a lot going for it

Yeah it does. Im sure all the haters hated the favorable SDTM review today.

#7609 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it does. Im sure all the haters hated the favorable SDTM review today.

I didn't find the review exactly favorable... It was listed at the bottom of their previous reviews, ranking wise.

#7610 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I didn't find the review exactly favorable... It was listed at the bottom of their previous reviews, ranking wise.

They all liked the game, thats pretty favorable if you ask me.

#7611 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They all liked the game, thats pretty favorable if you ask me.

True, Still left me questioning getting an LE though...

#7612 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

True, Still left me questioning getting an LE though...

Yelobird actually called Zach and ordered a new Munsters Pro because he liked the review so much. Also there's some very good news coming regarding this game but i cant say what it is right now. Its all good in Munsters land folks believe me.

#7613 5 years ago

What if i place the pin on 4 pillows?

#7614 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What if i place the pin on 4 pillows?

It wont tilt as easy when you nudge.

#7615 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I believe they changed the way the grading system works now so they need to redo all the ratings like how munsters was done.
I found the review positive overall and basically how i feel. Also still early code and things will get better ..... very soon

#7616 5 years ago

Ok, Zack and Greg were pretty specific this was a Pro only review and they don’t equate that strong B to Munsters overall, just the Pro. Let’s wait and see how they rate a Premium/LE.

#7617 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also still early code and things will get better ..... very soon

Yup, very soon!

#7618 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, Zack and Greg were pretty specific this was a Pro only review and they don’t equate that strong B to Munsters overall, just the Pro. Let’s wait and see how they rate a Premium/LE.

Disable the lower playfield and you have a Pro so that really doesn’t matter much. I think the lower playfield is going to be a love or hate thing and some people will use it and others wont.

#7619 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Disable the lower playfield and you have a Pro so that really doesn’t matter much. I think the lower playfield is going to be a love or hate thing and some people will use it and others wont.

Yeah i don't think much will change with the review over the pro

#7620 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't agree at all. It will matter to 99%. The ability to disable is for mechanical issues like any other contemporary machine. Those that hate the lower pf will either not buy or sell immediately. Way to much cash for a purely aesthetic feature.

#7621 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't agree at all. It will matter to 99%. The ability to disable is for mechanical issues like any other contemporary machine. Those that hate the lower pf will either not buy or sell immediately. Way to much cash for a purely aesthetic feature.

That all depends on the person. Obviously if you played both games and didnt like the lower playfield you would buy a pro, doesnt take a genius to figure that out but there are going to be people that find it more of a novelty and turn it off also and keep the game because they love the game. If I bought a premium and didnt like the playfield i would just not use it and keep the game personally.

#7622 5 years ago

Got word my LE ships out early next week!

#7623 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I played a couple games with my friend at Helicon, of their LE, and didn't get to the lower playfield. I figured hitting the Grandpa scoop would start that option/mode.

#7624 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I played a couple games with my friend at Helicon, of their LE, and didn't get to the lower playfield. I figured hitting the Grandpa scoop would start that option/mode.

Im not sure what all you have to do Wes to get into the lower playfield. I think hitting the scoop is what starts it though but there must be some other things that need to be completed first sounds like. What did you think of the game?

#7625 5 years ago

Munsters LE is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL looking game in my book!!!

That said, time and hands-on gameplay experience will tell whether the code delivers or not and the NINE THOUSAND dollar price is warranted. In the meantime, my $ has been redirected toward a JJP Pirates purchase. ARRRRR!

#7626 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not sure what all you have to do Wes to get into the lower playfield. I think hitting the scoop is what starts it though but there must be some other things that need to be completed first sounds like. What did you think of the game?

I'd imagine not sucking, would be the first step to the lower playfield, haha!

I did notice the shift in the matte black of the lock down bar versus shiny black trim of the rest of the armor. The decals all looked sharp, and popped nicely, and the playfield certainly brightened up with the lower playfield present. The wee flippers feel funky to flip, again, only having flipped them sans having a ball down there. The bash toy looked pretty neat down there!

I'd say, just from that quick impression, except for there not being some lit plastics in the middle, the Pro seems the way to go! Save $3k, and that's halfway towards the next Stern!

I'm somewhat debating between a POTC and Hobbit currently, but a Maiden and Munsters down the road would be appealing too! Just months down the road sadly....

I still kinda get confused as to if the lead female voice is Marilyn or Lily. I've figured Marilyn, but man it sounds a bit more like Lily.

I think Pro is the way to go! The theme still is executed really well, and the savings is just so irresistible for a future table, and the value present. If a game is going to creep over 50% higher, I'd like it to be a considerably richer experience. Then again, I never want the Pro experience to lose features, ever.

#7627 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd imagine not sucking, would be the first step to the lower playfield, haha!
I did notice the shift in the matte black of the lock down bar versus shiny black trim of the rest of the armor. The decals all looked sharp, and popped nicely, and the playfield certainly brightened up with the lower playfield present. The wee flippers feel funky to flip, again, only having flipped them sans having a ball down there. The bash toy looked pretty neat down there!
I'd say, just from that quick impression, except for there not being some lit plastics in the middle, the Pro seems the way to go! Save $3k, and that's halfway towards the next Stern!
I'm somewhat debating between a POTC and Hobbit currently, but a Maiden and Munsters down the road would be appealing too! Just months down the road sadly....
I still kinda get confused as to if the lead female voice is Marilyn or Lily. I've figured Marilyn, but man it sounds a bit more like Lily.
I think Pro is the way to go! The theme still is executed really well, and the savings is just so irresistible for a future table, and the value present. If a game is going to creep over 50% higher, I'd like it to be a considerably richer experience. Then again, I never want the Pro experience to lose features, ever.

Yup i agree with everything you say. Hey they gotta throw us poor folks a bone once in awhile, glad they did it on this pin here for me personally. This is a very good pro model i think.

I dont know about the female voices because ive never been able to hear the game quite good enough. In the last bar i played it at they had the sound turned down really low and there was a lot of people in there talking and doing the duck pin bowling thing so i didnt hear any sounds at all on that machine.

I think the pro is the way to go also but evryone is different and they are all great games, and that black and white premium. ....wow! I think its best to take your time and try and play all the games you like. Thats kinda where I'm at right now. I like Munsters and MBR both and im going to think it over and take my time. Kinda leaning toward Munsters at the moment but i like them both.

#7628 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

With the LEs arriving I get its time to bash the LE but that shit looks hella cool

I think the Gold looks beautiful and the cool thing is it looks old ? If it was polished brass I personally don’t think it would look good. Looking forward to unboxing er !

#7629 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also there's some very good news coming regarding this game but i cant say what it is right now. Its all good in Munsters land folks believe me.

Sounds great!

Go on, give us a hint.

Does it start with the letter 'c? Or the letter 't'?

#7630 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I think the Gold looks beautiful and the cool thing is it looks old ? If it was polished brass I personally don’t think it would look good. Looking forward to unboxing er !

Dude the game is amaze balls congrats!
I think I am still a week or two away from getting mine
Don’t mind as I just sprayed the ceiling the room it’s going in
Mud and tape this weekend and get some flooring in there all I do is work on that god damn room before the game comes
The gold is bad ass I agree the game has a “old” aspect sure
Steam punk I’ve heard to describe it
I think the game is gonna end up with a great balance of simplicity and complexity
not concerned you shouldn’t be either

Also I am originally from the bay
Born in Hayward across the bridge from you Bay Area represent

#7631 5 years ago

Nothing like heading to the fedex facility at 2am to pick up your munsters....

#7632 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Agreed, not a fan of hearing Zack read someone else's opinion. But happy they're still doing the show regardless!

While I always valued Zachs review I rather like this new approach. I feel it adds more unique review variables from different levels of collectors. I always thought getting 2 reviews from 2 people that for the most part play and critique together was to easy to sway. Plus it's not like they added some neighbor down the block to do reviews they picked some rather value added (and known) player input which I thought was great. Bravo to changing things up for the better interest of the viewer!

#7633 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nothing like heading to the fedex facility at 2am to pick up your munsters....

Sick!!!

#7634 5 years ago

20190223_021410 (resized).jpg20190223_021410 (resized).jpg

#7636 5 years ago

Did/will Uncle Gilbert ( Creech) make it to code ? Could be super funny

The Munsters Pinball is stunning congrats all new and upcoming owners !

Unc 2 (resized).jpgUnc 2 (resized).jpgUnc 3 (resized).jpgUnc 3 (resized).jpgunc gil 1 (resized).jpgunc gil 1 (resized).jpg
#7637 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Did/will Uncle Gilbert ( Creech) make it to code ? Could be super funny
The Munsters Pinball is stunning congrats all new and upcoming owners ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kind of. He's on a Franchi flipper button code.

#7638 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you please explain your response?
As you can see from my profile pic.
I’m a big fan of the creature/uncle Gilbert.
Thank you!

#7639 5 years ago
9969ECD2-F7D8-4CA8-944A-25CDE690B3CD (resized).jpeg9969ECD2-F7D8-4CA8-944A-25CDE690B3CD (resized).jpegAD3B3195-BEAB-4AE6-99F1-82E902E3CC2F (resized).jpegAD3B3195-BEAB-4AE6-99F1-82E902E3CC2F (resized).jpegB42FB10D-2105-4AAA-9A63-4509A8093544 (resized).jpegB42FB10D-2105-4AAA-9A63-4509A8093544 (resized).jpegDC012D02-ECF4-4581-9087-A44C32FE2AB3 (resized).jpegDC012D02-ECF4-4581-9087-A44C32FE2AB3 (resized).jpegAF89F6C3-EF3F-4EB6-8361-43FAB532CDE6 (resized).jpegAF89F6C3-EF3F-4EB6-8361-43FAB532CDE6 (resized).jpeg2EF67F66-D3C2-4D87-9C35-2272BD9C10EC (resized).jpeg2EF67F66-D3C2-4D87-9C35-2272BD9C10EC (resized).jpeg
#7640 5 years ago

Howdy! I've been away for a few years from this forum but 'just played Beatles and Munsters Pro yesterday. Munsters just blew me away - best machine I've played in quite a while/. I'll be adding a Pro (I don't like mini playfields) this fall when I have room - have to sell WOZECLE first. Anyone old enough to be a Munster fan should give this a try.

#7641 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh!! I have always wanted that Creature Aquarium piece!! Very cool!! Also love the Soaky and of course the Aurora kit. Nice collection!

#7642 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Howdy! I've been away for a few years from this forum but 'just played Beatles and Munsters Pro yesterday. Munsters just blew me away - best machine I've played in quite a while/. I'll be adding a Pro (I don't like mini playfields) this fall when I have room - have to sell WOZECLE first. Anyone old enough to be a Munster fan should give this a try.

Welcome back (and glad you like Munsters). I just unboxed mine a couple days ago...game shoots nice/smooth, but I'm still trying to "warm up" to the rule set. Seems shallow, yet confusing (not a great combo). Speaking of combos, wish there were more of them in Munsters (but maybe I just don't have enough time on it).

#7643 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Welcome back (and glad you like Munsters). I just unboxed mine a couple days ago...game shoots nice/smooth, but I'm still trying to "warm up" to the rule set. Seems shallow, yet confusing (not a great combo). Speaking of combos, wish there were more of them in Munsters (but maybe I just don't have enough time on it).

When’s the party!?

#7644 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can someone please explain what this means!
How is uncle Gilbert kind of included?
Thanks

#7645 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Oh!! I have always wanted that Creature Aquarium piece!! Very cool!! Also love the Soaky and of course the Aurora kit. Nice collection!

Thanks for the compliment. I’ve been collecting monster stuff(mostly Creature) for almost 30 years. The original penn plax fish tank Creatures sell for crazy money now.
There are Chinese rip offs you can sometimes find online now for $25-30.

#7646 5 years ago

Can someone please explain what this means!
How is uncle Gilbert kind of included?
Thanks

If you press a sequence of flipper buttons, you get a secret picture with Franchi's name and Uncle Gilbert on it. Not part of the gameplay, but in the code itself, so he's "kind of" in there.

#7647 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you press a sequence of flipper buttons, you get a secret picture with Franchi's name and Uncle Gilbert on it. Not part of the gameplay, but in the code itself, so he's "kind of" in there.

Thanks!
What is the sequence?

#7648 5 years ago

Thanks!
What is the sequence?

I believe this was covered in the Munsters 1313 club thread in post 485 (ish)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/10#post-4820181

e7a68689575b7b4b9053bda68dfaf0a53798643b (resized).jpge7a68689575b7b4b9053bda68dfaf0a53798643b (resized).jpg
#7649 5 years ago

Thanks!
What is the sequence?

Yelobird's got ya.

#7650 5 years ago

Uncle Gilbert is also on the playfield to the right of Marilyn. Strange I don't remember that character on the show. Guess I missed that episode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/153?hl=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.