(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 164.
#7501 5 years ago

Who Dey say going to buy dat pillow? Who-Dey, Who-Dey. Who-Dey say go and buy that pillow!

5AE17ADD-7C1B-4A44-8CE0-798DC514332A (resized).jpeg5AE17ADD-7C1B-4A44-8CE0-798DC514332A (resized).jpeg

#7502 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a tempurpedic bed and was thinking of getting this. I may just sell a pin and get a new sleep number bed with this addition tho.... so much money tho but im tired of my back killing me.

Sleep number with adjustable frame is awesome!

#7503 5 years ago

Man, I really want a GOT, but Dwight code has me worried. Munsters code seems so uninspired to me.

And when I see "blah blah blah Jackpot Grows" on a DMD it gives me shivers back to my Ghostbusters LE days: Terror Dog Value Grows, River of Slime Value Grows, etc.

It reminds me of how bad that pin is. Hope Munsters gets some future code love unlike GB.

#7504 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

guy sold his after 2 weeks. damn... tired of it already?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/75132
and lost 1000

That just means somebody will get a good deal. I think Munsters looks like a blast. Love the theme. Hope to play one at Pinfest in May if I don’t bump into one sooner.

Off topic: Also love the my pillow. I’m a terrible sleeper, but it has helped a bit. Favorite pillow I ever had. But I really want to try one of those Purple mattresses. Those look great. Anybody have one? I’d love to hear thoughts on it.

#7505 5 years ago

For those saying they want a "Hotel pillow" I felt the same...so I just bought some. Open the pillow case and Google the manufacturer...I have the same awesome Pacific coast (Pacificcoast.com) pillows that many of the good hotels have.

Munsters Premium is in my future...I just love the black and white, the art is amazing and I trust Borg - really has gone from one of the most average to best designers over the years at Stern. Code is better than we used to get from Stern on release so it is what it is...seems fun from all the streams I have seen.

#7506 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

That just means somebody will get a good deal. I think Munsters looks like a blast. Love the theme. Hope to play one at Pinfest in May if I don’t bump into one sooner.
Off topic: Also love the my pillow. I’m a terrible sleeper, but it has helped a bit. Favorite pillow I ever had. But I really want to try one of those Purple mattresses. Those look great. Anybody have one? I’d love to hear thoughts on it.

I know right it already sold! I may pick one up down the road ..(not a pro though)

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Man, I really want a GOT, but Dwight code has me worried. Munsters code seems so uninspired to me.
And when I see "blah blah blah Jackpot Grows" on a DMD it gives me shivers back to my Ghostbusters LE days: Terror Dog Value Grows, River of Slime Value Grows, etc.
It reminds me of how bad that pin is. Hope Munsters gets some future code love unlike GB.

I hope they do something with the laugh track.. it's just bad.. is there a way to turn it off in the menu?

#7507 5 years ago

Gosh, you step away from a thread for a couple pages and then this happens...

F8C27879-7702-4BD8-9E52-DC2246B2528F (resized).jpegF8C27879-7702-4BD8-9E52-DC2246B2528F (resized).jpeg
#7508 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

OMG, I've seen a lot of off topic on Pinside, but never did I expect to open up the Munsters thread and see 2 pages of grown men talking about mattress's and pillows.

Maybe The Mod Couple can work something up for both?

#7509 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

The side rails and lock down bar do Not look like they match in your pic's.
Bummer
Magicchiz

???

#7510 5 years ago

Somewhere, someplace, buried in all this Munsters and pillow discussion, someone claimed that their LE was recently shipped with a lock bar and side rails that had black finishes that were noticeably mismatched in finish texture and/or sheen.

#7511 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Somewhere, someplace, buried in all this Munsters and pillow discussion, someone claimed that their LE was recently shipped with a lock bar and side rails that had black finishes that were noticeably mismatched in finish texture and/or sheen.

Yeah, Lockbar is crinkle/matte & rails are gloss black. Once again Stern proves they really don’t know how to make luxury games...they just know how to charge you for it!!!

#7512 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Thanks! I will watch for that when mine arrives next week

#7513 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I hope they do something with the laugh track.. it's just bad.. is there a way to turn it off in the menu?

It was said that the laugh track integrated into the video assets form the TV Show, no way to disable it.

#7514 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A great pillow deserves to be seen. I’m worried Who-Dey is not properly showcasing his pillow when not in use. Given it’s importance, I am recommending he pull out the stops and buy the best. Providing inspiration with every look ...
[quoted image]

Haha not even close Jeff! I have Pillow cases with the Stern logo embroidered on them! What else would a fanboy like me have?

#7515 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

It was said that the laugh track integrated into the video assets form the TV Show, no way to disable it.

I get it during the video clips. But I thought it was being played when certain targets are hit.. maybe someone can chime in if this is correct.

#7516 5 years ago

I remember over hearing them talk about the laugh track coding as being something they had to work on to get right, or something like that when they were doing the live stream in Stern’s breakroom. The comment was made offhand, but it sounded like, from programmer to programmer, there is a code based part to the laugh track. I think a pin browser user needs to go in and identify the laugh audio if it exists and insert blank audio instead to totally remove any coded laff callouts. At least that is what I would try if there is no adjustment setting for it (yet) in the code.

#7517 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

For those saying they want a "Hotel pillow" I felt the same...so I just bought some. Open the pillow case and Google the manufacturer...I have the same awesome Pacific coast (Pacificcoast.com) pillows that many of the good hotels have.

Thumbs up! Pillows ordered!

#7518 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Gosh, you step away from a thread for a couple pages and then this happens...
[quoted image]

don't worry it's going to get cleaned up soon..

#7519 5 years ago

I'm loving all the pillow talk.

After my stroke and three brain surgeries a good pillow is critical. It becomes a one of the often unnoticed but critical comforts.

Like people don't understand when thier head is in so much pain, the pillow is almost your only comfort.

Back to munsters.

#7520 5 years ago

Back to Monster Bash...I mean Munster Bash...

#7521 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

After my stroke and three brain surgeries a good pillow is critical. It becomes a one of the often unnoticed but critical comforts.
Like people don't understand when thier head is in so much pain, the pillow is almost your only comfort.
Back to munsters.

How about a My Pillow themed pinball machine.. every time you hit any switch a my pillow commercial could play on the LCD

038B147A-1723-4E4D-9138-C34228E14A36 (resized).jpeg038B147A-1723-4E4D-9138-C34228E14A36 (resized).jpeg

#7522 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I know right it already sold! I may pick one up down the road ..(not a pro though)

No. And it's not part of the clips for the most part, so it can be done. It's a number of over-used laugh effects when you hit stuff.

#7523 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

This was a classic Stern lie/misdirection. There is SOME laughter integrated into the original clips but the VAST majority are audience laugh effects being played when you hit stuff. Complete overkill, but I think it may have already been turned down a little in 0.91. It needs to be turned down a LOT more.

#7524 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How about a My Pillow themed pinball machine.. every time you hit any switch a my pillow commercial could play on the LCD
[quoted image]

That would definitely be one for American Pinball.

#7525 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

[quoted image]

Homepin a good fit?

#7526 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Back to munsters.

So what was/is your choice?

#7527 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Any pics of these mismatched LE lockdown bar and rails?

#7528 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

We need some more pics, this is what i can see.

Color (resized).pngColor (resized).png
#7529 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

We need some more pics, this is what i can see.[quoted image]

Seriously hope this is not the case ???

#7530 5 years ago

you would have thought a new code had dropped, but all the chat was about pillows.
who would have thought.

#7531 5 years ago

Didn't mind the pillow chat, it lead to a bonus photo being added by Who-Dey 'Da-Man' back on post #7492 4 those who may have missed it

#7532 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It looks like sh*t. I hope my LE doesn’t arrive this way. On the other hand, I think the black trim with gold legs looks like sh*t anyway. I can see myself replacing all of the mismatched black with gold to match the legs (and back box).

#7533 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

So what was/is your choice?

The full on down pillow. Never used to like that but the way it cradles my head can’t be beat, Now. I have a painful head.

#7534 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

It looks like sh*t. I hope my LE doesn’t arrive this way. On the other hand, I think the black trim with gold legs looks like sh*t anyway. I can see myself replacing all of the mismatched black with gold to match the legs (and back box).

I agree with you. I have already purchased a replacement set of legs from Pinball Life. I figure stock black legs would look better with gold bolts and gold leg levelers. Anything is better then those god awful gold legs. I can even get over the fact if the coin door is a different black. The main problem is when you are standing and playing the game there are two pieces of trim that touch each other. Side rails, and lock down bar. These two pieces Have to match! Otherwise it looks like shit. Really for 9k all the trim, coin door and legs should match.
I sure hope for the best here and that stern would notice this. It may take all the LE owners to band together to cause a stick and get Stern to fix this issue.
Magicchiz

#7536 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I figure stock black legs would look better with gold bolts and gold leg levelers.

That sounds even better. I think I will do the same.

Quoted from Magicchiz:

Side rails, and lock down bar. These two pieces Have to match!

Absolutely!

Quoted from Magicchiz:

It may take all the LE owners to band together to cause a stick and get Stern to fix this issue.

Well, at least we can draw our complaints from an additional 100 owners!

#7537 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got to find some quality hotel pillows! Somebody said Costco has some good ones.

Nearly every hotel chain, including luxury brands, get their pillows from Pacific Coast Feather. They’re unbeatable. If you do some Googling, you can find sites that discuss which hotel uses which specific pillow (they have an extensive line).

A secret that hotels use to keep their down pillows fluffier/fuller than normal is to put them inside of undersized protectors/cases — exactly like when a friend ends up looking like a stuffed sausage because he refuses to buy a proper fitting tee-shirt.

#7538 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

We need some more pics, this is what i can see.[quoted image]

All the photos I have seen look like that. Same style and colour lock down bar as the pro with different side rails. I prefer that it was all matching. If you guys want to powder coat please let me know and we will get ours done too. I do not know a decent powder coater in Newy.

#7539 5 years ago

I don’t get it. The stock sales photos show a gloss sheen on the top of the side rails and lock down bar. Looks like a good match. How could the final product not match? I don’t mind the gold legs I think it’s a nice contrast with the red and black sides. However, if my lockdown bar and side rails don’t match for $9,000.00 they certainly better fix it. On my Deadpool LE, the lock bar had some grains painted to the top and which was annoying where you rested your hand. They replaced my lockdown bar no problem when I brought it up to my dealer. I always go through my dealer first for a problem.

#7540 5 years ago

Not "upcoming." That article is from almost 7 years ago...

#7541 5 years ago

I spent far too much time researching pillows when I bought my last bed (last year) and hands down the best pillow I could find was the Select Comfort Comfortfit Ultimate pillow:

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/All-Pillows/Pillows/p/pillow-comfortfit

It's similar to the "My Pillow," but pretty much better in everyway. Keeps my head cool. I can sleep on my back or side. You can adjust the fill, etc..

It's pricy, but they do go on sale. I even bought a small one for traveling.

#7542 5 years ago

Let’s get this straight. Casper is so superior to My Pillow it’s not even funny.

Don’t buy your pillows from a dude with a dyed mustache, people.
C791B4B1-4580-452F-94A7-9FE0DBB20A10 (resized).pngC791B4B1-4580-452F-94A7-9FE0DBB20A10 (resized).png

#7543 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The stock sales photos show a gloss sheen on the top of the side rails and lock down bar.

LE rail, lockbar, legLE rail, lockbar, leg

LE webLE web

Looks like flat black with krinkle finish to me. On the web, too.

Quoted from GamerRick:

How could the final product not match? ...if my lockdown bar and side rails don’t match for $9,000.00 they certainly better fix it.

They'll be making mine match, that's for sure!

#7544 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No. And it's not part of the clips for the most part, so it can be done. It's a number of over-used laugh effects when you hit stuff.

Ya that's what I thought It was already getting on my nerves for the few games that I played .
I's anybody else experiencing SDTM rebounds from Herman hits? It may be the set up where I played at.
all this pillow talk is great it lets us grown ups talk pinball.

#7545 5 years ago

I'm perfectly okay with the laugh track. I guess the one issue that really bugs me is the amateurish use of fonts on the LCD display. The control panel artwork and TV show clips are all fine. But the fonts are a travesty. Too many variations, none of which really look like they belong, and all are difficult to read. The Dragula race sequence may actually be the worst, but it all looks like someone was overdue on turning in their work and we ended up with a bunch of awful looking placeholders. Look at The Beatles, in comparison, where you've got nice, big readouts for all of the points and your total score. Even The Munsters' Game Over scores are difficult to see and read. Didn't Franchi oversee this whole project art-wise? You'd think he'd be embarrassed by the fonts.

#7546 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ya that's what I thought It was already getting on my nerves for the few games that I played .
I's anybody else experiencing SDTM rebounds from Herman hits? It may be the set up where I played at.
all this pillow talk is great it lets us grown ups talk pinball.

Not had any on mine. When the magnet gets real crazy yolk have one every now and then get thrown to the right outlane

#7547 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Let’s get this straight. Casper is so superior to My Pillow it’s not even funny.
Don’t buy your pillows from a dude with a dyed mustache, people.
[quoted image]

These are fantastic pillows Guinness. I do know people that dont like them but i know lots of people that wouldn't take anything for theirs and I'm one of those people. I have serious spine problems from getting hit by a car on my motorcycle and the Mypillow has been a blessing for me. I literally couldn't find any pillow that i liked and i went through a bunch of them and finally the Mypillow was the answer. I love mine.

#7548 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Not had any on mine. When the magnet gets real crazy yolk have one every now and then get thrown to the right outlane

So Greg now that you have plenty of time on the Munsters, how do you like the game? Do you think its going to be in your collection for awhile?

#7549 5 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Looks like flat black with krinkle finish to me. On the web, too.

They'll be making mine match, that's for sure!

Well you are right the closer up shots look like matte black, but they still match. I’ve been happy with stern’s quality control so far with my Deadpool LE. Not one problem out of the box except the lockdown bar which they immediately replaced. And that was just a paint issue. I’m assuming that must have been a fluke. I can’t see them shipping 600 units that don’t have matching trim.

#7550 5 years ago

The gold legs are bad ass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/151?hl=spacemanratso09 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.