(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 164.
#651 5 years ago

Lower and upper playfields can be great if they keep them simple, but also make the shots in there deliberate. I don't like upper or lower playfields where you just flip quickly or randomly to keep a ball going. AC/DC's lower playfield takes deliberate shooting and has no randomness to it. It also has a quick get in, get your shots in, and get out feel. Compared to something like the lower playfield in Congo, it's a night and day difference. There are some good and terrible lower and upper playfields in pinball. If they can make a game with three levels, and all three levels are good, that would be quite a feat and would be a lot of fun to play.

#652 5 years ago

I hope they do this theme justice with the show’s integration into the game on the LCD, similar to how well they did (and are still doing) Batman66. Playing bm66 even made me want to rewatch some of the episodes...phenomenal lcd/clip integration. There are a lot of assets they can pull from with seventy 25-min Munster episodes!

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Every designer says they start with the Premium and then downgrade but I don't quite believe that seeing the changes gameplaywise are mostly minor... as long if your name is not Steve Ritchie (just throwing out upper or lower playfield or toy like hyperloop alltogether).
Batman 66 is different. But that gigantic mech (hate it if you like but as a mech it's astonishing) would not have been built if there had to be a pro model.

No, not every designer. Ritchie and Trudeau have said that. Borg has said he starts with the Pro.

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Borg has said he starts with the Pro.

Did you see how excited he was talking about Gotg pro? Without a doubt he designs around the pro..
He likely enjoys the challenge, but certainly enjoys pumping out quality games at the more affordable price point for the community. I hope this rocks, cause it’d be nice sitting next to Taf

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

No, not every designer. Ritchie and Trudeau have said that. Borg has said he starts with the Pro.

He's obviously wrong.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Did you see how excited he was talking about Gotg pro? Without a doubt he designs around the pro..
He likely enjoys the challenge, but certainly enjoys pumping out quality games at the more affordable price point for the community. I hope this rocks, cause it’d be nice sitting next to Taf

Yup. There's a reason why Borg's Pros are so solid, and sometimes what he adds to the Premiums seems forced.

Generally, Ritchie's games seem to be lacking on his Pros.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yup. There's a reason why Borg's Pros are so solid, and sometimes what he adds to the Premiums seems forced.

But being the best in total.

Honestly, who does the Vaults? Spiderman Vault, Star Trek Vault, ACDC Vault...

Little bit of trolling aside: Yes, of course there is a flipside to everything. I think Star Wars Pro is lacking as hell, but Star Trek Pro plays generally the same and GoT while playing totally different is a great Pro!

What was this thread originally about?

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Little bit of trolling aside: Yes, of course there is a flipside to everything. I think Star Wars Pro is lacking as hell, but Star Trek Pro plays generally the same and GoT while playing totally different is a great Pro!

If i was rich, I'd buy an AC DC Luci Vault. I love the Luci model. And that is a machine I'd like to own one day... But, honestly it's like 7th or 8th on my list of new machines. And if I decide to start buying old machines again then it's like 30th... But, I really only want to buy new machines as I just don't like the maintenance on the older machines.

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truthfully dont want a lower playfield because i just dont like them. You dont have to have a lower playfield to have grandpas basement. That could be shown on animation after shooting the ball into the basement.

To each their own. Probably the same with uppers too. No one ever raves about AS or WoZ uppers. But those uppers do mix it up a bit.

Some lowers (like AC/DC) don’t really get me going, but certain lowers (Congo & HH for example) add a really cool element to the game.

If Munsters were to have a “Grandpas Basement”, AND it were to be well designed to add an extra element to the game, I think it would do the IP justice... especially if access is a hinged trap door on the floor of the first level.

#660 5 years ago

There is a photo of the cabinet on FB 'Pinball Enthusiast Group'. It is either real or some one has some graphics skills.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

There is a photo of the cabinet on FB 'Pinball Enthusiast Group'. It is either real or some one has some graphics skills.

It is the same photo posted on page 11 and in the photo gallery. mnpinball already stated it is a mock up from a year ago and changes have been made since then.

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

If i was rich, I'd buy an AC DC Luci Vault. I love the Luci model. And that is a machine I'd like to own one day... But, honestly it's like 7th or 8th on my list of new machines. And if I decide to start buying old machines again then it's like 30th... But, I really only want to buy new machines as I just don't like the maintenance on the older machines.

Hmmm... There's not a lot (if at all) of maintainence when buying any recent HUO game and to be honest the game I had to do the most maintainence was a NIB TNA (mostly resoldering about 1 or 2 LED a week), wich was really bugging me because it sat in a spot where I could not easily open it.

In the same spot sits a Johnny Mnemonic who doesn't need any maintainence at all for the last 1 1/2 year... after tinkering with it for 2 weeks when I bought it or so. - But if that's not for everyone I can understand it of course.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

AC/DC, GOT, and SW pros are far from lacking. Some might say they are better players

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

AC/DC, GOT, and SW pros are far from lacking. Some might say they are better players

SW Pro is DEFINITELY lacking. AC/DC Pro is lacking the least. GoT Pro is right in the middle.

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

mnpinball already stated it is a mock up from a year ago and changes have been made since then.

One thing I've learned over the years here on Pinside--mnpinball's posts are to be trusted!

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

One thing I've learned over the years here on Pinside--mnpinball's posts are to be trusted!

Yes, small details included, even though we want tons more info.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SW Pro is DEFINITELY lacking. AC/DC Pro is lacking the least. GoT Pro is right in the middle.

Have u ever actually played any of those games? far from lacking. Some guys need a bunch of crap all over the PF to make a pin special I guess

#668 5 years ago

So we know all the Munsters characters will be in the game (Herman, Lily, Grandpa, Eddie and Marilyn) but I wonder what pets also make it in.

Gor - Grandpa's pet Transylvanian bat.
Spot - Eddie's pet dragon whose lair is under the stairs.
Charlie - A raven who lives in the Munsters' cuckoo clock and repeats the word "Nevermore.”
Kitty - A black cat that roars like a lion.

Let's hope they all make an appearance as well....

#669 5 years ago

Starwars...

A game I sorta want but never buy cause it's the most stripped down title in Stern history.

Hopefully Munsters will be legit!

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

So we know all the Munsters characters will be in the game (Herman, Lily, Grandpa, Eddie and Marilyn) but I wonder what pets also make it in.

Where did you read/hear about that?

#671 5 years ago

Where did you read/hear about that?

The main characters being in the pin? Well I am assuming they are a given considering its called The Munsters.....but haven't heard anything.

#672 5 years ago

Assumptions lead to disappointments. I shall not think about what I believe should be in the game, so I shall be completely surprised when it is out.

#673 5 years ago

Assumptions lead to disappointments. I shall not think about what I believe should be in the game, so I shall be completely surprised when it is out.

You think it might feature the cast of Addams Family instead? I am in agreement with you though. Things happen and changes tale place until they don't change anymore. ... Herman Munster is a lock, everything else is up in the air. Not including all cast and pets would be a fail.

edit - I don't currently own any Dwight Sullivan coded games, so am probably due.

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You think it might feature the cast of Addams Family instead?

I have a Star Wars, so just not sure I am hoping/want the Munsters to be coded like Star Wars since Dwight is/has coded both games.

#675 5 years ago

I hope Zombo makes an appearance in the game.

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ritchie is the king, but his Pros are compromised, by his own admission.

You forgot Iron Man Vault. Borg. And Tron is coming.

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Star Wars Premium is bare enough....the Pro looks like a home version!

GOT Pro is missing that whole damn upper playfield, and AC/DC the lower one!

Pass what you're smoking!

#678 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Star Wars Premium is bare enough....the Pro looks like a home version!
GOT Pro is missing that whole damn upper playfield, and AC/DC the lower one!
Pass what you're smoking!

I think he likes to play ‘em. Maybe that’s the disconnect.

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think he likes to play ‘em. Maybe that’s the disconnect.

I like to play those 3 too.

The Premiums.

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Star Wars Premium is bare enough....the Pro looks like a home version

SW is so bare that non pinheads walk up to it & think "wtf do I even hit".

Its like a No Fear missing 70% of its ramps.

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"wtf do I even hit".

People ask the same thing about my SW premium. Since it is hard to explain, I blame the code for this, especially when you're in not in a mode and you have some inserts blinking 2 colors. I think even the code is confused.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I like to play those 3 too.
The Premiums.

I own a SW Premium and love it. I can also admit that the SW Pro plays great. I know SW fans lost their shit because it's not full of toys, but if you can get past that it's a hell of a lot of fun to play. I'm not convinced that tossing an upper or lower playfield or magnets or whatever into the mix would have made it play better.

Quoted from PW79:

SW is so bare that non pinheads walk up to it & think "wtf do I even hit".

From what I've read here SW Pro absolutely crushes on route, so the randos must be finding the coin slot even if they can't figure out how to play it.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I own a SW Premium and love it. I can also admit that the SW Pro plays great. I know SW fans lost their shit because it's not full of toys, but if you can get past that it's a hell of a lot of fun to play. I'm not convinced that tossing an upper or lower playfield or magnets or whatever into the mix would have made it play better.

From what I've read here SW Pro absolutely crushes on route, so the randos must be finding the coin slot even if they can't figure out how to play it.

It says "Star Wars" on it so of course it crushes on route.

And while I kinda started that whole discussion I have to say Star Wars pro plays smooth like butter. But so does every other Ritchie game, that have more interresting stuff on them and easier to learn rules.

#684 5 years ago

Make no mistake

I want a SW

Just not enough to actually buy one

It’s hard to explain

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Make no mistake
I want a SW
Just not enough to actually buy one
It’s hard to explain

Its not hard to explain at all, you’re a tight ass!

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its not hard to explain at all, you’re a tight ass!

There’s some truth to that my friend

But it doesn’t apply to this scenario I promise.

I bought Aerosmith *after* the Star Wars reveal so it wasn’t about money/space

SW disappointed me so much I almost called Stern to complain lol

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

There’s some truth to that my friend
But it doesn’t apply to this scenario I promise.
I bought Aerosmith *after* the Star Wars reveal so it wasn’t about money/space
SW disappointed me so much I almost called Stern to complain lol

I know and i feel ya believe me. SW is NOT a bad game at all and its kinda fun honestly. I just think most people had higher expectations for it and were let down because it seems like its kind of stripped down a little and it just killed the mood for many people. SW is definitely not a bad game though. If they would have just threw a few nice toys and figurines in there i think people would have been alot happier with it.

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Gor - Grandpa's pet Transylvanian bat.
Spot - Eddie's pet dragon whose lair is under the stairs.
Charlie - A raven who lives in the Munsters' cuckoo clock and repeats the word "Nevermore.”
Kitty - A black cat that roars like a lion.
Let's hope they all make an appearance as well....

If Uncle Gilbert is in it, i'm DAY ONE, no questions asked!

#689 5 years ago

Anyone have any speculation about when this will be officially announced and pics of it? I've been thinking about getting a Maiden, but am a fan of the Munsters and wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like before I pull the trigger on a Maiden.

#691 5 years ago

Not a bad idea, but honestly the pricing of new pins has kind of turned me off from pinball. I remember when we bought a pro no more than 5 years ago for something like 3500 or 3700

#692 5 years ago

I hope a SW falls into my lap locally @ a great price some day.

Because there's absolutely no fck'n way I'd pay $7499 or even the $7299 for one after CC rewards n ebay bucks.

Anyway enough about me. Back to our wishful thinking & high expectations of Munsters.

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Apparently Borg wanted to do a Munsters SLE to pack more stuff into the game but not happening.

That’s a real shame, if true. One would think there’s a big enough market for packed games...especially by an established designer.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Anyone have any speculation about when this will be officially announced and pics of it?

Quoted from mnpinball:

Pro mid November

At the least it should be announced by that time when they have some on the line and about to start boxing some games. Time will tell if they will still announce it at Pinball Expo in October.

I mean, can you wait that long? The games are in production for only 3 years.

#695 5 years ago

What do you think they will do for music?

Although the Munsters theme is very iconic, it needs to be used sparingly to avoid becoming too repetitive (kinda what happened with Stern version of Indiana Jones over using the main theme).

Other than the theme song there isn't much to take from the show so I'm assuming it will be custom music for the game.

What would be better; "jazzy" like Batman66 or more modern/techno like what they did with original Lost in Space theme music in the Sega pinball version?

Fall Out Boy has a song called "Uma Thurman" that heavily samples the original Munsters theme but I dont think it would be a good pinball song.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Although the Munsters theme is very iconic, it needs to be used sparingly to avoid becoming too repetitive (kinda what happened with Stern version of Indiana Jones over using the main theme).
Other than the theme song there isn't much to take from the show so I'm assuming it will be custom music for the game.
What would be better; "jazzy" like Batman66 or more modern/techno

Good question...I can’t see it being too “jazzy” (I think that lent itself purrfectly for the catwoman mode in bm66), but the Munsters seem to be more pipe organ-ish...but not eerie (is there such a thing?) I could see some original music featuring upbeat harpsicord. Either way, I’m looking forward to see what they’ve got in mind

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I could see some original music featuring upbeat harpsicord.

I like where this is going!

#698 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing the playfield and gameplay for sure. Not interested in owning a Munsters though - the show was a little before my time and never clicked with me in re-runs when I was a kid.

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Ritchie is the king, but his Pros are compromised, by his own admission.
You forgot Iron Man Vault. Borg. And Tron is coming.

Tron is coming??? I am hoping you heard something that I have not???

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/14?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.