(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 164.
#7401 5 years ago

You can tell the conversation is awesome and interesting when people are bringing up the code on Wheel of Fortune.

#7402 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

WOF thats 2
If you have a game you feel that need code update feel free to add.

A game from 2007 is your counterpoint? How's the code on Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Star Wars, Star Trek, Batman '66, Aerosmith, Game of Thrones, Metallica, AC/DC, Walking Dead, even KISS and Guardians of the Galaxy? It's pretty obvious Stern has made a commitment to updating code. Ghostbusters is the lone recent exception for whatever reason. Is it being worked on? Who knows? But their track record in the last few years on code is pretty stellar.

#7403 5 years ago

Here is my current take on Munsters... its like a Pinbot for the 2019’s. Nice art, good use of music and lights It’s pretty easy to do just about everything in Munsters, but doing it all in the same game? Not so much, but acheivable. People can flip and bash at Pinbot, not knowing what they are doing, and get it to multiball... did anyone know to lock a ball and shoot the ramp during multiball for Solar Value? Maybe they read the instruction card and did, maybe they didn’t, but if you did know, who was going to beat you playing it? Not many people. You could go for the Planets and try and reach the sun... did you make it every game? No, but it is doable. You could build your energy and collect it... did you do it every game? No, but it is possible. There are multiple strategies that can get you points, you just need to know where they are. So far in Munsters, we have yet to see just what strategies work the best to get the best scores, or what goals and modes to shoot to keep the game fun and challenging, and we don’t know too much about scoring potentials when shooting both playfields since the Prem and Le are just getting out in the wild. This machine is a fun shooter, a decently integrated game with a catchy, retro, campy horror 60’s throw back vibe that plugs directly into a lot of people’s collective Iconoclastic Americana nostalgia. I am not going to be defending or supporting this opinion, nor will I have much more to say until I have flipped a Prem/LE. It is just an opinion, not the Flipping State of the Union for Stern, pinball, or the people working on their games.

The problem with these hype threads are that everyone on here wants to feel they are right about their opinion, dissenting opinions need repressed and refuted, and agreeing opinions supported and defended. So it it like watching a Tug of War game where both sides are equally matched... the rag on the rope moves back and forth, but nobody ever really wins until one side just gets tired of it and quits.

#7404 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ghostbusters owners would like to have a word with you.

It's still pretty damn good right now, BUT, I'm still waiting.......!

This is why the saying exists, "In Lyman we trust".

#7405 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

WOF thats 2

I would say Star Wars but it's so confusing, no one knows if anything's missing.

PS: GOT has its problems too

#7406 5 years ago

WOF will never get another update. Why would it? Lobby for recent games to get updates not something 12 years old!

Quoted from tonycip:

WOF thats 2

#7407 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

That's one game, not a track record.

Star Trek owners would like to have a word with you.

#7408 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can tell the conversation is awesome and interesting when people are bringing up the code on Wheel of Fortune.

Pinside quote of the year!

#7409 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

WOF thats 2

OpenSandyCockatoo-small (resized).pngOpenSandyCockatoo-small (resized).png

#7410 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Star Trek owners would like to have a word with you.

Give me a break. Now we are just approaching whining and people that will never be happy no matter what is done.

#7411 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

WOF will never get another update. Why would it? Lobby for recent games to get updates not something 12 years old!

Plus it’s pretty much complete, just missing a final wizard mode nobody can get to anyway.

Stern had a bad track record on avengers and X-men, but they’ve since improved. Munsters seems pretty complete. People may not like it with the current code, but that’s different than games where there are known bugs or things missing, not working.

#7412 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s nice that it was “obvious from the start” but I don’t watch streams and reveals

No need, you could just follow my posts Levi From 29 days ago...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/114#post-4796261
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 4.31.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-18 at 4.31.07 PM (resized).png

back when everyone was moaning about the modes, it was clear the stack and multiplier would be where big action would be

and ironically.. I posted

Quoted from flynnibus:

As a player, the biggest thing that stood out to me was the kitty awards, and then hearing the timer can be RESET.. when it was already a minute to start with? Helllooo... that's where I'm looking unless the wizard mode somehow has exponential scoring compared to the rest of the normal game scoring.

And now we have a scoring bug in the wizard mode that makes exponential scoring a thing

#7413 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's still pretty damn good right now, BUT, I'm still waiting.......!
This is why the saying exists, "In Lyman we trust".

Lyman isnt doing the game, Dwight is

#7414 5 years ago

First game last night and it was pretty underwhelming!
No sense of urgency, standard sort of layout, a god awful clunk of mechs you can hear which Stern needs to address with all their latest games and garbled sound/ callouts.
On a positive note it is damn pretty, that artwork is sublime, the light show is awesome and the bang for buck is much more appealing.
The most annoying thing to me is the clunkiness which can be easily fixed with better design or low noise kit.
Put this in WNBJM and has made a huge difference
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/7197/low-noise-kit

#7415 5 years ago

That's not the point. That was all I could think of at the time
I invited others to suggest newer titles and they did .proving my point.
Enough said..
We can go back to talking about the munsters....I'll start.. that art sure is pretty...

#7416 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Lyman isnt doing the game, Dwight is

No shit. He said “Stern” in general. Not “Dwight”

Not that hard to understand

As for Dwight, it could be dicey

#7417 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes I agree everyone’s opinion is welcome. But that opinion does not need to be stated over and over. Once you are on record how you feel, what else can you add? Furthermore, it seems that one should withhold judgment until actually playing the machine. The most useful opinions and reviews for all of us are from those who have already played this pin.

Umm, it’s a forum. That’s what happens, regardless if repetitive.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

You are correct about the second furtherance. They hold the truest value.

#7418 5 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Umm, it’s a forum. That’s what happens, regardless if repetitive.
fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
You are correct about the second furtherance. They hold the truest value.

Thanks for the defintion. The exchange of ideas is the principle point of any forum -agreed. The issue is the endless repetition. Repetition does nothing to advance one’s cause except perhaps a delusion in the speaker’s mind that the more you state your opinion the more likely others will accept your opinion as fact. In fact, the true nature of human behavior proves the opposite - the more you repeat yourself, the less likely people will accept your version. Confident people do not repeat themselves.

#7419 5 years ago

You’re welcome! Thanks, for the repetition of repeating yourself! It works!

#7420 5 years ago

Let's be redundant and argue about opinions being redundant arguments about redundant topics!

#7421 5 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

It’s not a simple solution. Most of the opinions are people who want it be as perfect as possible. I’ve been waiting and drooling over this theme. I want to buy this game. However, the positive position on this game as described by a lot of people has been nothing more than the beauty & fun. That’s one half of the equation. The common takeaway issue, appears to be the negative of simplicity due to layout and code and that boredom plagued a lot of machines. With limited space and the price of these machines that’s not something you could just buy and decide you want to get rid of it in a week or two.
As a person who was about to have a hair trigger purchase on this game, I think it’s important to read these opinions. Obviously, I’ll make the decision, when I play it myself. However, it’s caused me to slow down and I appreciate these opinions for that.

You're Pinsiding all wrong bro

Either you LOVE it & defend it

Or

You HATE it & all those who disagree with you

Being indifferent or logical about a new game is just unacceptable

#7422 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You're Pinsiding all wrong bro
Either you LOVE it & defend it
Or
You HATE it & all those who disagree with you
Being indifferent or logical about a new game is just unacceptable

You Munster! How dare you!

#7423 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Let's be redundant and argue about opinions being redundant arguments about redundant topics!

Let’s!

#7424 5 years ago

I played a Munsters pro on location, defiantly not one I will buy for myself, I will keep saving for my ghostbusters premium or dead-pool pro (eventually both )

#7425 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I played a Munsters pro on location, defiantly not one I will buy for myself, I will keep saving for my ghostbusters premium or dead-pool pro (eventually both )

Munster blows Deadpool Pro away!

#7426 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munster blows Deadpool Pro away!

2 way different pins but i really enjoy dp pro...

#7427 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yeah DP isn't that bad but i like Munsters better personally. To each their own i guess.

#7428 5 years ago

WhoDey

Do you like Munsters?

#7429 5 years ago

Let’s cheer this thread up a little bit. Just got my Munsters Pro tonight and I’m loving it. Smooth ramps, cool dmd animations and the best use of the zap button I have ever played in a pin. Kinda reminds me of the vengeance shots in ST where you got to learn how and when to smack that button. Only issues I had out of the box was the lock down bar needed to be adjusted, which initially messed with the zap button. Easy fixing though.

Just a shout out to the mod couple for the cool mods they made. Grandpa in the chair is a must buy for any Munsters owner IMO. This pin is so fun to mod and is a blast to play. Just ordered the big dog food can from Mezel and probably will look at getting the Stern art blades, the Mezel Street sign, sewer cover and maybe the Stern side rails. I think it fits perfectly in a bigger lineup, but I’m glad I got the pin. Going to make my Pro to a Promium.

1CC8E1B0-EA98-4CAC-A81C-57F5E7A32368 (resized).jpeg1CC8E1B0-EA98-4CAC-A81C-57F5E7A32368 (resized).jpeg39C68EDC-920E-419C-8884-81496591995A (resized).jpeg39C68EDC-920E-419C-8884-81496591995A (resized).jpegE96585F9-4354-4BD2-A976-81A868BC7ECE (resized).jpegE96585F9-4354-4BD2-A976-81A868BC7ECE (resized).jpeg
#7430 5 years ago

I like the shots on deadpool more, and some of the updates to the code on DP are great, Munsters isn't bad I respect it fir what it is but I don't think I would ever own one or save up and get one in my house, not saying it's unplayable or I hate it just won't own one

#7431 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Let’s cheer this thread up a little bit. Just got my Munsters Pro tonight and I’m loving it. Smooth ramps, cool dmd animations and the best use of the zap button I have ever played in a pin. Kinda reminds me of the vengeance shots in ST where you got to learn how and when to smack that button. Only issues I had out of the box was the lock down bar needed to be adjusted, which initially messed with the zap button. Easy fixing though.
Just a shout out to the mod couple for the cool mods they made. Grandpa in the chair is a must buy for any Munsters owner IMO. This pin is so fun to mod and is a blast to play. Just ordered the big dog food can from Mezel and probably will look at getting the Stern art blades, the Mezel Street sign, sewer cover and maybe the Stern side rails. I think it fits perfectly in a bigger lineup, but I’m glad I got the pin. Going to make my Pro to a Promium.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats beautiful, congrats!

#7432 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

WhoDey
Do you like Munsters?

I do like it but it isnt perfect or the best game ever made. It's good though especially for people who like the theme and its not nearly as bad as what a few people here are trying to lead everyone to believe it is.

#7433 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s nice that it was “obvious from the start” but I don’t watch streams and reveals. I just play the game when I find one and let you know what I think of it.
Obvious or not I’m not into the guesswork. A simple improvement from my standpoint would be to let the player know exactly how many jackpot points are in the bank so the player can make an informed choice whether or not to cash it in.
Like pretty much every other game with a cash or gamble feature.

Hey crazy sorry if this has been stated. It does keep count and shows you in the lcd how many JPs you have but it does not show the amount you collected points wise! And to figure out what JPs you have collected you have to go into instant info!

#7434 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

WOF thats 2

Wrestlemania. I own the game and like the game, always have, but the code is broken...especially on the LE. Aside from any updates, Stern needs to fix the broken code. As a Ghostbusters owner too, I'm batting .600 right now with Stern games I own and finished code. That would be great if we were playing baseball, but not so good when it comes to $5,000 pinball machines.

#7435 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ghostbusters owners would like to have a word with you.

The best thing about the reports of a more simple ruleset for Munsters is it means a Ghostbusters code update will be here that much sooner No more concerns about Munsters code from me! lol

#7436 5 years ago

Interesting. I read Waison and team put a huge update on Wrestlemania (1.25 and later 1.33/1.35).

Are there serious bugs from this last update nearly 3 years ago? If its broken have you sent examples to Stern? If so, press on and remind them! There is no excuse to leave a game broken. They have more programmers now and less reason to excuse broken code.

Sorry for going off topic.

Quoted from LesManley:

Wrestlemania. I own the game and like the game, always have, but the code is broken...especially on the LE. Aside from any updates, Stern needs to fix the broken code. As a Ghostbusters owner too, I'm batting .600 right now with Stern games I own and finished code. That would be great if we were playing baseball, but not so good when it comes to $5,000 pinball machines.

#7437 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The deadpool pin-It really is a good example of theme integration in pinball.

I never really liked deadpool. I have been reading comics my entire life.

But, deadpool is fun. To me it shows a general direction of great theme integration and fun.

Not perfect but fun.

I believe we are in the golden age of pinball. Right now. Today!

I would go play now but it's six am...

Take care all.

Munsters benefits from this all. It came at a great time to be all that it can be.

IMO.

#7438 5 years ago

Interesting. I read Waison and team put a huge update on Wrestlemania (1.25 and later 1.33/1.35).
Are there serious bugs from this last update nearly 3 years ago? If its broken have you sent examples to Stern? If so, press on and remind them! There is no excuse to leave a game broken. They have more programmers now and less reason to excuse broken code.
Sorry for going off topic.

Was playing last night and this is where I was...

1 Finished US Championship (win 3 individual matches, then win US Champ match), this also lights extra ball
2 Finished Tag Team Championship (win 1 Tag Team match, then win the Tag Team Title Match)
3 Royal Rumble Qualified. Shooting left shot (the saucer) which also is the Intercontinental Belt Match

Is point #3 correct? The only strange thing is it says "shoot the left shot" but the shot isn't lit. The left shot is the saucer though, NOT the top left loop.

Once that begins, Jackpots "move" throughout the Playfield. If you hit enough, presumably you light the super (I assume the pin shot) and win the IC title?

Back to your regularly scheduled Munsters hype...

#7439 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Perhaps showing all colors not just the green? Is this only for pro? If not why stipulate?

Maybe the set will be the same for the LE model. When the first LE arrives us, we have to look if everything on the playfield is the same or if the game is a little bit different to the PRO edition. If everything is the same, you can use it also for the LE.

I would like to show you pictures with other colors but I just can take photos from color which we install in our games or in games from customers.

Kind regrads
Yvonne from Freddy's Pinball Paradise

#7440 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Ideal I think they should have been a few mm wider to protect the plastics.

Since we install our Convolux we haven't any broken plastics in the games. So we needn't more mm at our Convolux.

It's a nice fluorescent protector for your original plastics.

#7441 5 years ago

150 pages started over one game holy smokes

#7442 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

If you think these 150 pages have been about ONE game, I’d like to congratulate you for missing the last 149!

#7443 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If you think these 150 pages have been about ONE game, I’d like to congratulate you for missing the last 149!

Ha ha that’s why I said started

#7444 5 years ago

And a great thread ruined by a few people.

#7445 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I would say Star Wars but it's so confusing, no one knows if anything's missing.
PS: GOT has its problems too

I agree, the bar near me has a Star Wars, I keep trying to figure it out but jeeze it’s a mess. Doubt anyone knows what’s going on in that game. Munsters is a nice refreshing game. Fun to shoot and understandable.

#7446 5 years ago

For those of you still wanting an LE, the Pinballstore.com just announced they have some LE’s for sale. They have been sold out since the first day of release.

#7447 5 years ago

guy sold his after 2 weeks. damn... tired of it already?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/75132

and lost 1000

#7448 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

and lost 1000

Doubt he lost 1000 ... who pays MSRP?
I know, I didn't.

#7449 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

and lost 1000

Probably needs a kidney selling his DP as well
Oh well pirates life for him

#7450 5 years ago

Probably needs a kidney selling his DP as well
Oh well pirates life for him

He has pirates.? Id keep that one too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/149?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.