(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 164.
#7351 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That was filmed for our AU audience so it would be right side up when viewing! lol

Ha. Didn’t work then lol

#7352 5 years ago

I just had an LE spot open up if anyone is interested.

Zach
Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

#7353 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Appeared to be wrong color and finish. Somewhat disappointing as most of the past LE titles like DPLE as an example they Really went all out to let you know you had an LE. Again, not an end of world issue just off from what I would have expected.

That's kind of like the Batman '66 SLE fiasco we experienced where the B'66SLE had a bad coin door area with the shiny plastic delaminating around the shooter plate, and Stern sent a warranty replacement that was a completely different finish and feel. Didn't match what it was replacing or the rest of the cabinet AT ALL. On a supposed $15k "ultra premium" machine. The lack of attention to details like this is just plain embarrassing. I'm embarrassed FOR them.

#7354 5 years ago

After rewatching some of the streams on the different versions of the game,I kind of feel like a lot of the bashing on this game is just that,bashing for bashing’s sake.

#7355 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

After rewatching some of the streams on the different versions of the game,I kind of feel like a lot of the bashing on this game is just that,bashing for bashing’s sake.

Meh. There is some bashing for bashing's sake. However, there are a LOT of legitimate concerns.

#7356 5 years ago

And as usual, the drama queens that blow every little detail out of proportion.

We get our LE's soon enough to judge for ourselves. I've seen enough of the streams to KNOW i'm gonna like this pin a lot!

#7357 5 years ago

In my opinion ( I've owned a Munsters Pro for 2 weeks ) it's very easy and feels like it lacks a sense of direction. I've completed the first Munater Madness on ball 1 more then 5 times then it's more of the same. In a bigger collection it might be fine but man if this is the only game you have you will be bored pretty quickly. I love the art,animations, sound effects and layout maybe sone new code could help.

#7358 5 years ago

What? People on Pinside bashing for no reason? Why you surely can't be serious!

#7359 5 years ago

This game doesn't have deep code, that doesnt mean that its not good or fun. I can think of tons of games that have less code than the Munsters that are fun as hell and all time greats that will stand the test of time forever.

The game is what it is and we must accept it...or not. I have several games so i don't think its shallow code will bother me at all, just like a MB, AFM, or a MM shallow code would not bother me. For me personally the awesome theme makes up for the shallow code and makes it a must have. The game is still a fun game though and it shoots very well.

This game certainly isn't for everyone, no game is but for people that love fun pinball and this theme, this game is a home run all the way in my opinion.

#7360 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

In my opinion ( I've owned a Munsters Pro for 2 weeks ) it's very easy and feels like it lacks a sense of direction. I've completed the first Munater Madness on ball 1 more then 5 times then it's more of the same. In a bigger collection it might be fine but man if this is the only game you have you will be bored pretty quickly. I love the art,animations, sound effects and layout maybe sone new code could help.

You seem to be able to do what nobody else could do on the JD stream except for the one freak player!

I don't buy that its too easy. It didn't appear that way for some really good players.

I'm not sure I'd want to keep any pin long term in a 1-3 pin collection.

#7361 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You seem to be able to do what nobody else could do on the JD stream except for the one freak player!
I don't buy that its too easy. It didn't appear that way for some really good players.

I've been playing it on location for a couple of weeks now, probably about 60 games total. The pins in this location will tilt if you look at them wrong, they are set up tough due to a lot of leagues/tournaments/high level players playing there. Yesterday, on the first game I played, I finished level II Munster Madness in three balls (played an extra ball), and finished the game with just over 500 million points. I walked away leaving the replay and GC credits for someone else. I think it is fun to shoot, but the shots may be a little too wide open and the code is just too shallow. I don't mind an open, flowing game. Stern Star Trek is one of my favorites. It has wide shots, but the code depth is what keeps me interested in playing that game. If you are going to have a game with shallow code and wide open shots there needs to be a little fight to the game, like Iron Man. I love the Munsters theme, it has great artwork, and I like the animations and game audio. It is far from a bad game and, like others have said, it definitely has a place for people with bigger collections. I am currently in the market for my second pin and was hoping for a little more from this one, but I am positive that most people buying this game will be happy with it for quite some time.

#7362 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

How many times have you completed level 2? I guess the lack of mentioning it means none. How many times have you completed level 3? Does this game have a final wizard mode?

#7363 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Old lady and i have many many hours on it and were both average or slightly better imo and we have yet to complete the modes in a game ...let alone get to the madness mode. Its pretty difficult with tight shots(left ramp, kitty, dragula) and unforgiving outlanes(especially the right) Guess it all depends how a game is set up tho as we saw on the jd stream(and they were good players). I'm sure eventually(soon) will get to the madness mode but i cld careless bc there's more to the game then that. Also new code will be coming soon that balances and adds more to the levels and tweaks the modes. This game will be just fine for most people in few month's.... till then its very good and fun as heck imo.

#7364 5 years ago

Just got done playing the Pro version.

I am an average player just having fun.

Unless you are a good to great player this game will keep your interest.

It is not easy as a few others describe- they must be above average players.

Game is fast, fun, artwork is good, video is good. Will be good machine to own, but a great machine as the code develops.

Outlanes are brutal, no ball save, fast game.

Looking forward to playing some more games soon.

#7365 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How many times have you completed level 2? I guess the lack of mentioning it means none. How many times have you completed level 3? Does this game have a final wizard mode?

I've been through Level 2 and into Level 3 now and there's almost no change. Very repetitive.

#7366 5 years ago

Just played the pro as well.It was set up like dogshit.
Very fast at times and I agree with all who have said the animations,art,call outs and music VERY well put together and the use of the big screen is also very good
Game reminded me of MB for sure when I walked up the way it just looked if that makes sense
From what I could tell good mix of stop and go do something and some nice combos
Does have the goofy that’s just pinball bad bounces even though I was trying to control the ball.Posts fly right back at you.
Got my blood going I liked it.

Felt better shooting than DP and Maiden that’s just my opinion and I am no expert
Just a expert on the games I’ve owned

Could see how some would feel the game could be a great one. have no comment on code since it changes and I didn’t get anywhere I was just having to much fun with the characters and staring at it ha ha

#7367 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've been through Level 2 and into Level 3 now and there's almost no change. Very repetitive.

Per Dwight, you just don’t understand the nuances of each level

#7368 5 years ago

Some things I like being repeated obviously Munsters isn’t for everyone

#7369 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I love the art,animations, sound effects and layout maybe sone new code could help.

unfortunately stern is not good at finishing code once the game is done. you better be happy with it the way you get it . any updates are a bonus!
luckily not all pinball CO. work that way... It a Pirates life for me!

#7370 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game doesn't have deep code, that doesnt mean that its not good or fun. I can think of tons of games that have less code than the Munsters that are fun as hell and all time greats that will stand the test of time forever.
The game is what it is and we must accept it...or not. I have several games so i don't think its shallow code will bother me at all, just like a MB, AFM, or a MM shallow code would not bother me. For me personally the awesome theme makes up for the shallow code and makes it a must have. The game is still a fun game though and it shoots very well.
This game certainly isn't for everyone, no game is but for people that love fun pinball and this theme, this game is a home run all the way in my opinion.

Lol Every single Bally Williams game has less code than Munsters

#7371 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

But not more drop targets.

#7372 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

unfortunately stern is not good at finishing code once the game is done. you better be happy with it the way you get it . any updates are a bonus!

? Stern has updated code many years after a game is done. Also Munsters is still at .91 and willl have at least 2-3 more updates if i had to guess. They just started shipping them ..give them a little bit of a break.

#7373 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

LOL...Do you know a guy named Lyman Sheets Tcip?

#7374 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

What does that even mean? “Less code”? I swear, people don’t even know what they’re talking about when it comes to code anymore.

Code = gameplay design. Gameplay is either great or not. Simplicity or depth is irrelevant. Either one on their own don’t make a game fun. Great coding = great game/rules design that works well with physical design & theme. Bally/Williams games are pinball perfection. Always have been. It’s odd to see people who know these games and what they accomplished are now acting like they’re shit. They are the standard all new games have to live up to. There’s no such thing as “less” or “more” code.

#7375 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This can’t be further from the truth.

#7376 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

High level languages used these days fart out much more code to do similar things than older, lower level programming languages. I have no doubt this is true, but the TASKS the code is doing? It's not that much more.

#7377 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It a Pirates life for me!

I agree get on your boat and get lost, this is a Munsters thread.

#7378 5 years ago

Danni and I went to the other side of the city today to play the one Munsters Pro in the country.

We both got to the first Munster Madness in the first game.

We went in blind - hadn’t read up on the rules except the little contained here in the thread. I didn’t really know how to build up the Jackpot value (I worked it out on the second and final game, hold in the button to pass) - very similar to Ghostbusters where if you claim the super jackpot early, the value is locked in. Mine was locked at only 1.1m so the 5x jackpots were 5.5m. Which, like GB makes it an “all or nothing” game score wise. The sort of game people will get a big score on then say “what happened?” like GB. Lol

But it seems very straight forward. I got only 125m - because of the low super jackpot value. Second round, straight back into Herman and chopping wood to get the characters again. Wailing on the KITTY playfield x target is the way to go!

Time only allowed us 2 games, before we had to hit the road.

Good looking game ... Shots flowed well. Only concern is if you can play to a decent standard you’ll be getting to Munster Madness every game before long.

rd

#7379 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good looking game ... Shots flowed well. Only concern is if you can play to a decent standard you’ll be getting to Munster Madness every game before long.
rd

Munsters shoots GREAT. It just needs something more than placeholder code to be a good game. I'm serious when I say in its current state it's VERY similar to the condition Batman'66 shipped in. Almost 1 to 1 comparison on what's there right now. It's a poor start and I hope Dwight is committed to making it as great as the art package and license demands.

#7380 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters shoots GREAT. It just needs something more than placeholder code to be a good game. I'm serious when I say in its current state it's VERY similar to the condition Batman'66 shipped in. Almost 1 to 1 comparison on what's there right now. It's a poor start and I hope Dwight is committed to making it as great as the art package and license demands.

There is no way in hell that Dwight will flick the code and start again like Lyman did with BM66.

What we have already is all the meat we will see from the code listening to Dwight on Pod casts.

#7381 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your position is very well known. No need to constantly repeat the same thing over and over. You do not like the code. You hope Dwight is Lyman. We understand.

#7382 5 years ago

I finally got some plays on a pro this weekend. The game shoots nice, and I wasn't necessarily disappointed. However, it didn't suck me into it by any means. The middle of the playfield feels a bit empty, and it seems to have a lot of cheap side drains. I have 0% hope that Dwight will retool the code given his relative lack of interest in any wholesale changes to Ghostbusters. Frankly, the guy seems a bit lazy and afraid of doing extra work compared to Lyman...that's the impression I took from his recent interview. I was pretty well leaning toward buying one when it was first announced, but I think waiting a year is prudent for me at this point. I did not like GOTG a year ago, and like it enough now to have purchased one thanks to the recent code updates. So maybe Munsters will have the same effect on me. But it isn't doing it in its current state.

#7383 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL...Do you know a guy named Lyman Sheets Tcip?

Ya ...wait are you saying hes gping to finish the munsters code?

Quoted from bigd1979:

? Stern has updated code many years after a game is done. .

So I should expect finished code for my WOF soon. Cool!. Everyone knows stern's less then stellar track record for finishing code. We could make a list of games that need more code.

#7384 5 years ago

I think getting to Munster madness on any decent game would be great more of a feature not the end of the game

#7385 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm serious when I say in its current state it's VERY similar to the condition Batman'66 shipped in. Almost 1 to 1 comparison on what's there right now. It's a poor start and I hope Dwight is committed to making it as great as the art package and license demands.

Then, just like you didn’t pay attention with what we were told about the Batman code at the time, you haven’t been paying attention to what Dwight has said.

While I agree with you that the Munsters code feels shallow and unfinished at release (though not quite as BM66) Dwight has made it quite clear that the current code is pretty much the intended design/direction for the game. Although many would like to see a Batman-like code transformation I just don’t see that happening.

Batman Premium sales initially floundered because of code. By all accounts Munsters is selling very well. I may be in the minority as I cancelled an LE order in part because of the level of game play. I’m waiting to see what happens with code and may get a Premium or Pro, but I don’t think Stern is going to beef up the code unless they believe sales are being significantly impacted.

#7386 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I agree get on your boat and get lost, this is a Munsters thread.

Sorry I think your in the wrong thread. this is the hype thread not the fan(boy) club. also you may want to check the moderators post a little way back..

#7387 5 years ago

Man the pissing contest in this thread between opinions is getting tiresome. I agree with those that say state your opinion and let it go! We don’t need 20 posts of the same opinion. We get it - some of you love this game, some of you hate it. Welcome to pinball! The variety in designs, layouts and themes leaves something for everyone. If you don’t like this game, don’t buy it. Isn’t that simple?

#7388 5 years ago

I just listened to the head to head podcast with DS as the guest, really interesting discussion about Munsters and explains a few things like the zap button. After listening to it, I would not expect significant changes to the game code, it’s been designed the way it is for a reason. He also suggested that during in-house testing, people were not getting to Munster madness very often. I’m not sure how that can be given the skill level of the testers, as I get there once every several games with no ball save and stock settings.

Overall, I like the game a lot, it shoots smoothly, has good flow, many shots and the rules are different. Art and sound are great too. It definitely has that hit the start button one more time feel to it.

#7389 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm serious when I say in its current state it's VERY similar to the condition Batman'66 shipped in. Almost 1 to 1 comparison on what's there right now

Batman was shipped as a prototype that Lyman had barely had any time to work on.

Munsters is exactly the game Dwight wants it to be.

Totally different situations.

#7390 5 years ago

Getting to Madness in Munsters every game reminds me of getting to Bash every game of MB. It is no big deal, really it is no big deal and it is kind of expected. Every time someone announces they’ve reached level 1 of Munster Madness is like saying - hey guys I can be as average as you. Nobody playing MB asks, “is that all”? after playing Bash mini wizard mode. Usually they are basking from the thrill and busy repeating all the modes they already did before, especially ones where they didn’t collect the instrument. Everybody knows they’ll reach the final wizard mode if they can collect them all and they will probably restart Bash along the way (for a second time in one game, gasp). Is there complaining then? Usually not because people had fun along the way.

With Munsters you have to get to Madness THREE (3) times. Each time triggers a slightly different mini wizard mode. Even if that mode was exactly the same .... does it suck or something? After playing 3 stages of mini wizard mode (without having to beat any), is there a final wizard mode - I don’t know but would hope so.

But I can guarantee people will still be complaining about nothing to do on Munsters after reaching stage 1. If you don’t enjoy playing the game, maybe it is time to move on from bashing the game fUlts and let go . Oops, someone just reached level 1 of Munster Madness and it wasn’t that hard at all.

#7391 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ya ...wait are you saying hes gping to finish the munsters code?

But you said, "Stern is not good at finishing the code once the game is done"....that's why you are getting downvoted, because nobody agrees with that ridiculous general statement.

#7392 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But you said, "Stern is not good at finishing the code once the game is done"....that's why you are getting downvoted, because nobody agrees with that ridiculous general statement.

Ghostbusters owners would like to have a word with you.

#7393 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Man the pissing contest in this thread between opinions is getting tiresome. I agree with those that say state your opinion and let it go! We don’t need 20 posts of the same opinion. We get it - some of you love this game, some of you hate it. Welcome to pinball! The variety in designs, layouts and themes leaves something for everyone. If you don’t like this game, don’t buy it. Isn’t that simple?

It’s not a simple solution. Most of the opinions are people who want it be as perfect as possible. I’ve been waiting and drooling over this theme. I want to buy this game. However, the positive position on this game as described by a lot of people has been nothing more than the beauty & fun. That’s one half of the equation. The common takeaway issue, appears to be the negative of simplicity due to layout and code and that boredom plagued a lot of machines. With limited space and the price of these machines that’s not something you could just buy and decide you want to get rid of it in a week or two.

As a person who was about to have a hair trigger purchase on this game, I think it’s important to read these opinions. Obviously, I’ll make the decision, when I play it myself. However, it’s caused me to slow down and I appreciate these opinions for that.

#7394 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like... delaying MBs on BSD?
or delaying modes on MB for the big stack?
or... doing nothing but trying to advance Song Jackpot on ACDC and timing the big multiplier collect?
I thought this was pretty obvious from the start when they revealed the SJ stacking and playfield multiplier...

That’s nice that it was “obvious from the start” but I don’t watch streams and reveals. I just play the game when I find one and let you know what I think of it.

Obvious or not I’m not into the guesswork. A simple improvement from my standpoint would be to let the player know exactly how many jackpot points are in the bank so the player can make an informed choice whether or not to cash it in.

Like pretty much every other game with a cash or gamble feature.

#7395 5 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

It’s not a simple solution. Most of the opinions are people who want it be as perfect as possible. I’ve been waiting and drooling over this theme. I want to buy this game. However, the positive position on this game as described by a lot of people has been nothing more than the beauty & fun. That’s one half of the equation. The common takeaway issue, appears to be the negative of simplicity due to layout and code and that boredom plagued a lot of machines. With limited space and the price of these machines that’s not something you could just buy and decide you want to get rid of it in a week or two.
As a person who was about to have a hair trigger purchase on this game, I think it’s important to read these opinions. Obviously I’ll make that decision when I play it myself. However, it’s caused me to slow down and I appreciate these opinions for that.

Yes I agree everyone’s opinion is welcome. But that opinion does not need to be stated over and over. Once you are on record how you feel, what else can you add? Furthermore, it seems that one should withhold judgment until actually playing the machine. The most useful opinions and reviews for all of us are from those who have already played this pin.

#7396 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Sorry I think your in the wrong thread. this is the hype thread not the fan(boy) club. also you may want to check the moderators post a little way back..

Apology accepted. This is not a random hype thread like you have mistakenly thought but this is actually a "Munsters" hype thread(you left Musters out) so you're welcome. Maybe start a random hype thread where people likeminded can jump in and pop off on whatever hypes them?

#7397 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Apology accepted. This is not a random hype thread like you have mistakenly thought but this is actually a "Munsters" hype thread(you left Musters out) so you're welcome. Maybe start a random hype thread where people likeminded can jump in and pop off on whatever hypes them?

Keep telling me I cant post here and well see who gets ejected....bro..
read post 7070.

#7398 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Keep telling me I cant post here and well see who gets ejected....bro..

Lol who told you that? If it makes you feel better constantly blathering on about pirates in the munsters thread carry on...bro

#7399 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ghostbusters owners would like to have a word with you.

That's one game, not a track record.

#7400 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

That's one game, not a track record.

WOF thats 2

If you have a game you feel that need code update feel free to add.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.