(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 164.
#7051 5 years ago

I was finally able to put some games on a Munsters Pro at the 403 Club in KC last night. I’m a pretty terrible player and this pin let me know it, but it is a blast to play. I’m no huge Munsters fan (I enjoyed the show when I was a kid) but the artwork, lights, LCD, and playfield all work very well together and kept me pumping those quarters in. To me it just has something I can’t explain that really brought me into the game. It’s definitely a pin I’d love to own, but then again it’s pinball, there’s hundreds of other machines I’d also love to own!

#7052 5 years ago

After playing the game, I’m looking forward to getting mine! The art package of the pro was stellar...crisp and vibrant colors. The game play was smooth and fast...I was pretty thankful for the Flipside (Loveland, CO) to have their ball save on. It was turned down a bit, and the arcade was bumpin, so it was kinda hard to hear it, but the sounds seemed adequate, and made me laugh when hearing some of the quotes in there. I’m not a good enough player to experience the worries that some have of the potential repetetive nature, but I absolutely loved the game. I’m also excited to check out a game with its lower playfield!

#7053 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont really feel that its stripped down at all but i am disapointed that they didnt put in 2 banks of drop targets instead of the long bar targets. That would have set this game over the top....what a shame.

on the right, should have been 4 drops, that seems as evidence to most of us here
but on the left, DRAGULA is too long, that's 7 letters... even if i dont like them when in line, 7 smalls stand up targets there

#7054 5 years ago

and reading most of last coms, its nice this game fits well to lots of people
on that side, STERN gets the point ! they've made a easy pin, they assume it, aim reached !

for me, for knowing what i know, for having played it (and for having seen lots of others good players on it), i know having this home will be a very bad idea, its for sure too easy actually (no matter the 3 levels of wizard)

that said, there're enough various pins for evbdy in the hobby

#7055 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have deleted all ratings.

#7056 5 years ago

Haven’t been able to play it yet.
Hitting Herman from both flippers sounds good to me Shadow is one of my favorites you can hit everything from both sides.

Different strokes I guess

#7057 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Played 6 games in total and that was enough for me to already get Grand champion on location. (1.2 Million) Ball saves were turned off, 3 balls per game.

I think you must be mistaken about your GC score right? I can get that with my eyes closed.

#7058 5 years ago

It's cracking me up all these players saying it's to easy but your scores suck,there's more to pinball than starting a mode.maybe if you find it so easy try to get a higher score.....you remember high scores? Pinball? Beating your friends?

#7059 5 years ago

Wife keeps telling me a storm is coming
It’s on..
This is why I bought this game
It’s all about score with her gonna be nice to have that competition

All about taking that guy off the top

#7060 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Wife keeps telling me a storm is coming
It’s on..
This is why I bought this game
It’s all about score with her gonna be nice to have that competition
All about taking that guy off the top

Kick her ass spaceman! Don't let her talk sh*t to you like that buddy!

#7061 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It's cracking me up all these players saying it's to easy but your scores suck,there's more to pinball than starting a mode.maybe if you find it so easy try to get a higher score.....you remember high scores? Pinball? Beating your friends?

that's a good point of course
and i've already said it before, reaching WM (and only that) is easy...
making big points is another story of course, as you have to play (well) the modes, and add some strategy in various situation, even more with the way its coded (multiplicators)

#7062 5 years ago

Isn’t the Munsters Madness feature on this game just that? A feature?
Still not concerned I would think it will develop over time and maybe put something in back of the game as a true wizard mode
Who-Dey you got to get the lower playfield brother

#7063 5 years ago

Hopefully i can find one to play somewhere. I don't like lower playfields but the Munsters is probably the coolest one ever made so we will see. I definitely want to play and see a premium and i cant wait to see what people are saying about the lower playfields once the LE's start landing in people's homes.

#7064 5 years ago

Isn’t the Munsters Madness feature on this game just that? A feature?
Still not concerned I would think it will develop over time and maybe put something in back of the game as a true wizard mode

Yep a feature that has many levels to it to complete.

#7065 5 years ago

Is it worth $13,650?

I don’t know how they sell any games overseas

#7066 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it worth $13,650?

Agreed that's nuts... but for
Mid 5k shipped to me its hard not to buy here in the US

#7067 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hopefully i can find one to play somewhere. I don't like lower playfields but the Munsters is probably the coolest one ever made so we will see. I definitely want to play and see a premium and i cant wait to see what people are saying about the lower playfields once the LE's start landing in people's homes.

I didn’t mind AC/DC at all. It was a nice break and you chose when you played it.

Munsters pro looks great to me. Fun game based on the streams I’ve seen, especially JD

I like different games and features though. That’s why I like GB!

#7068 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it worth $13,650?

No doubt, screw that.

#7069 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I didn’t mind AC/DC at all. It was a nice break and you chose when you played it.
Munsters pro looks great to me. Fun game based on the streams I’ve seen, especially JD
I like different games and features though. That’s why I like GB!

I played some GB last night, awesome game! People can say it sucks all they want but mine isn't for sale thats for sure!

#7070 5 years ago

For some of those filing abuse reports for posts that are not positive about Munsters, do keep in mind this is not a club thread...this is a hype thread. People are allowed to express general displeasure with a game in a hype thread.

We will (of course) moderate true trolling, broken record (on both sides), and off topic discussion in this thread as we would other threads but those reporting people for simply having a negative view on this game in this thread should simply leave this thread entirely and go to a club thread where they would have greater protections from negative opinions they don’t want to read (if that is what they are looking for).

Once a game has shipped we allow the creation of a club thread.

#7071 5 years ago

Some of you guys need to rent a big boat and load it up with pins, black market style.

Make trips around the world delivering pins

#7072 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you guys need to rent a big boat and load it up with pins, black market style.
Make trips around the world delivering pins

Lol the underground pinball cartel of smuggling.

#7073 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it worth $13,650?

Yes but you guys have to understand you get paid $23 a hour for packing groceries for Woolworths and a Butcher receives $1400 a week on a 40 hour week before tax .

#7074 5 years ago

The figures here in n.z. are
Stern pro $9800nzd delivered to your door = $6607usd, a rip off till you add it up......
$1350 is local sales tax (gst, similar to what aus has)
$200 or so to ship it (probably more then that)
A usa model would require a board to convert from 50/ 60hz
$200
Take those away = $8050nzd
=$5427 usd....
It would be similar in aus
So a bit of a mark up, but not as bad as people think it is, and probably not worth making a boarder run in a quad engine smugglers launch

#7075 5 years ago

I was able to play about a dozen games on a Munsters Pro last night. I was somewhat nervous due to the mixed reviews here, and the fact that I’m in on a LE

Bottom line is I was delighted. Great fit for my collection. I already have games with deep code that I enjoy on weekends when my mind is fresh and I have a block of time. In contrast Munsters provides fast, furious action which is perfect for me on weekday evenings when I want to decompress and give my mind a rest (I’m a shrink).

Gameplay is far more important to me than aesthetics, but whoa, Munsters is truly a beautiful game. I really love the “steam punk” look and the theme integration was spot on.

Steve at the MI Pinball Refinery will dress my LE up, as he so expertly does. She’ll slide in nicely between my SS and TWD.

#7076 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it worth $13,650?

He’s deliberately quoted the LE price to support his “it’s a ripoff” argument - even though he’s only played the Pro. Pro’s are AUD$8850. When you add in currency, shipping and tax it’s about the same as list price in the US.

#7077 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

do keep in mind this is not a club thread...this is a hype thread.

Hype train.jpgHype train.jpgNothing stops the hype train.jpgNothing stops the hype train.jpg
#7078 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

"Nothing Stops This Train"

Easy-peasy.

hype-train-fail (resized).jpghype-train-fail (resized).jpg

#7079 5 years ago

Man nobody is touching Dracs now a whole bunch just sitting there this game has turned a lot of things on it’s head

#7080 5 years ago

Man nobody is touching Dracs now a whole bunch just sitting there this game has turned a lot of things on it’s head

?

#7081 5 years ago

Translation:

I'm drunk & no one wants to play Dracula now that Munsters is here.

#7082 5 years ago

This theme does absolutely nothing for me. For all the Pinsiders that crap over a theme like WWE and then get all hype for the Munsters??

Really??? The Munsters!! They haven’t been relevant since forever ago.

This pin is a hard pass for me....Next!!

#7083 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This theme does absolutely nothing for me. For all the Pinsiders that crap over a theme like WWE and then get all hype for the Munsters??

Relevant? No, but I really enjoyed the show as a kid and bought two machines (LE and Premium). It was an easy decision for me.

#7084 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It may be an old theme, and it DEFINITELY has its code sins, but it's very charming in a way WWE will never, ever, ever be. You're using the same dismissive mentality that Iron Maiden non-fans use to talk themselves out of one of the best pins this century.

#7085 5 years ago

Translate the translation cause that don’t make any sense

Quoted from cooked71:

Translation:
I'm drunk & no one wants to play Dracula now that Munsters is here.

Well shit man Dracula were getting snapped up like nobody’s business and now they are just sitting there
2 local here just sitting there
Weird

#7086 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Never seen a episode till few days ago but i love the theme.... campy fun horror .. what's not to like.

#7087 5 years ago

Translate the translation cause that don’t make any sense

Well shit man Dracula were getting snapped up like nobody’s business and now they are just sitting there
2 local here just sitting there
Weird

You still sound drunk.

#7089 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

The figures here in n.z. are
Stern pro $9800nzd delivered to your door = $6607usd, a rip off till you add it up......
$1350 is local sales tax (gst, similar to what aus has)
$200 or so to ship it (probably more then that)
A usa model would require a board to convert from 50/ 60hz
$200
Take those away = $8050nzd
=$5427 usd....
It would be similar in aus
So a bit of a mark up, but not as bad as people think it is, and probably not worth making a boarder run in a quad engine smugglers launch

Here in the UK

Munsters Pro GB£6495 = Approx US$8485

I know there are many factors that impact when comparing country to country .... but no matter how you slice it ...it sucks

#7090 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think you must be mistaken about your GC score right? I can get that with my eyes closed.

Updated, Thanks for the pickup HD.

#7091 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Here in the UK
Munsters Pro GB£6495 = Approx US$8485
I know there are many factors that impact when comparing country to country .... but no matter how you slice it ...it sucks

That is a bit of a mark-up, do you know where the extra $$ go? Seems like alot even if you factor in sales tax, shipping etc. Maybe those guys from earlier could fire up that smugglers boat for some grey area imports across the Atlantic

#7092 5 years ago

LE Over here is £10K!

Game +Shipping then 20% import tax based on total amount

Then distributor add on.

Although Pinball Heaven give a 2yr warranty on home games. That’s pretty good considering how crap node boards can be!

#7093 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

LE Over here is £10K!
Game +Shipping then 20% import tax based on total amount
Then distributor add on.
Although Pinball Heaven give a 2yr warranty on home games. That’s pretty good considering how crap node boards can be!

Woa......that converts to $19200 nzd L.e. here was $15750 nzd. Incudi g 15% sales tax but only 3 month warrenty

#7094 5 years ago

Does anybody else have a issue with Sterns Herman figure. I am a fan of the Munster's. When I think of Herman I think of him smiling and his open mouth laughing. Huh, Huh, Huh. (See the picture of the Herman in this Car.

I do not think of him as sculpted by Stern.

Does this bother anyone else?

Magicchiz

herman (resized).jpgherman (resized).jpgmunster-1546649475685_1280w (resized).jpgmunster-1546649475685_1280w (resized).jpg
#7095 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody else have a issue with Sterns Herman figure. I am a fan of the Munster's. When I think of Herman I think of him smiling and his open mouth laughing. Huh, Huh, Huh. (See the picture of the Herman in this Car.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

Agree, Sculpt and likeness is Mehhhhhh at best.

#7096 5 years ago

Wonder how the size scaling of the car model is compared to the stern piece? Maybe a head transplant is in order

#7097 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

He's very concerned about "the thing, the horrible thing" in that sculpt.

#7098 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

They could have definitely did a better job on him.

#7099 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who wouldn't have a scared angry face if they were getting punched in the lower midsection with a steel ball!?

#7100 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agreed!

The Stern sculpt looks like a cross between Arnold Schwarzenegger in T1 and Harry Potter

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/142?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.