(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 164.
#6851 5 years ago

Munsters LE should be here in a few weeks! My Stern POTC is all of that theme I need.

#6852 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ask yourself why Stern outsells JJP x 5

I feel that stern sells jjp x 5 because people cannot wait for the game from jjp to be made.
then Stern throws the next title out 4 months later and people spend on that.

Take the pro out of the sales, as jjp is really a premium and up.

Quoted from iceman44:

As for “quality”, it depends on how you define it.
All I read about are problems out of the box

I had no problems in over 2 years with my woz tbh.
and don't really know many that have had problems with their jjp machines either.

I have heard more complaints regarding sterns spike and node board.

#6853 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just questioning, your feedback and production assessment of Stern/JJP is based on your (1) Houdini purchase? Not sure that is a fair assessment of what the other manufacturers do. Also regarding the model based system. While different, API simply uses the add to cart system (Add++side art, power supply, shaker, EOS flipper kit, invisiglass, knocker, etc etc) which is basically the same as buying a Stern Pro or JJP standard no? Same flavor just a different shopping method in my opinion.

Oh, sure! My experience with pinball under the hood, is very, very limited, and ideally will expand in the years to come! And with that, my experiences, knowledge base, and views of all manufactures, past and present. I'm here to learn and have fun, more than anything else, than "console warring" for which platform or manufacturer does things best. I'd say they all, fortunately, have areas to learn from one another, and innovate together. That's what makes me most excited about the industry! Unfortunately....with that, comes rising prices, and these pins are already half a modest car as is.....

I'm not sure if invisiglass is coming with Oktoberfest, but I know I've read that the EOS switch will be standard, along with the improved power supply, and that's at $7400 from what I've read. I think that includes side art and a shaker too.

I paid $7450 shipped, on a larger palette for Houdini, with blades, shaker motor installed, and then a credit back for the new power supply when I bought a topper. Compared to JJP and Stern, that felt right in the middle, and like a Stern Premium for a few hundred less. And the powder coated armor and legs on Houdini is great too!

I'm anxious to spend money, (needs to be earned first) on every manufacturer, Spooky too, but I need to see value and replayability for home use above all, and there's so many factors to juggle there. But I'm definitely up for Stern products, I just haven't felt as compelled to buy the newer licensed ones, not as much as I have API or JJP....at this point anyway.

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern included, except for that low quality POS garbage box of lights called BM66
Hmmm, how did that one start out day one?
People were squealing like a bunch of stuck pigs

Nah. The only one really squealing was vireland and that was his own fault. The impatient ones sold and those that hung on were rewarded with a Lyman masterpiece and a game that will probably go down has having one of the best thematic integrations ever. Yes there are a few design flaws, but demand for HUO games exceeds supply (no apparent price softening) and Stern is running another batch soon because distributors want more. And the LEs have gone up, perhaps because the LEs were actually limited (SLEs are another story).

Munsters Pro should hold its value reasonably well because it’s not really dumbed down game play wise. I suspect both the Premiums and LEs will take a resale hit because of the “is the lower playfield really worth $1600?”, the divide on the color vs Black/White art and the relative number of LEs.

#6855 5 years ago

Marketing is the key issue here between the two companies. Stern is hands down better at marketing.

If it were based on table layouts alone JJP wins hands down every time. Remove the beloved IP from any table and look at what is left?

JJP is packed to the max with toys and layout galore. Best example is DI. No one can beat Pat’s layout, done by one of the best designers of all time. Look at all the superb toys in that game. Never hear anyone bashing any aspect of DI, only the theme. Which is beyond understanding as the theme is a third in the trilology of disaster themes done by lawlor. A brilliant theme by most thinking. If Stern would have done DI, it would be number one and loved by everyone. Why? Because Stern marketing is so much better and the company already has a huge fan base by comparison.

Borg is a good designer, but remove the beloved Munsters theme/art and what is left? A bare bones empty playfield, with nothing new and exciting. It’s basically empty!

#6856 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Yes and no, JJP has quality and you can see where the money has been spent, while Stern gets cheaper and cheaper every year - $terns prices keep Rising and Rising!
I hope Wonka will be a home run too.

JJP has had their fair share of playfield problems also so not sure where all of this quality is that you speak of. Stronger heavier cabinets i suppose but they are not as great as you think they are and besides they are too f*cking expensive and they cant even get games out the damn door to your house!

Also like ive said before, who cares how good the quality is if the game sucks!

#6857 5 years ago

Just watched a Stern live stream, The LE's look packed under the playfield

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/252296898997090/?t=1

#6858 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just watched a Stern live stream, The LE's look packed under the playfield
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/252296898997090/?t=1

Hell yeah they do. Did you see all of the coils that game has? Hoooooly sh*t, coils galore!

#6859 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hell yeah they do. Did you see all of the coils that game has? Hoooooly sh*t, coils galore!

Don't get too excited, You'll wet ya pants

I thought you are getting a Pro? NO coils for you!!

#6860 5 years ago

The only place where coil counts is a big deal is in a sofa. Especially if you have a fat ass.

#6861 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Don't get too excited, You'll wet ya pants

I think im going with the coiless version of the game so i can save a few bucks.

#6862 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The only place where coil counts is a big deal is in a sofa. Especially if you have a fat ass.

#6863 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

JJP has had their fair share of playfield problems also so not sure where all of this quality is that you speak of. Stronger heavier cabinets i suppose but they are not as great as you think they are and besides they are too f*cking expensive and they cant even get games out the damn door to your house!
Also like ive said before, who cares how good the quality is if the game sucks!

Hmm have you ever looked inside a jjp machine?
That's quality.

#6864 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think im going with the coiless version of the game so i can save a few bucks.

I couldn't see my LE in the Video, so it must be on it's way

#6865 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

That's quality.

Did you see their chipped playfields and worn scoop areas awhile back? Thats quality!

#6866 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh, sure! My experience with pinball under the hood, is very, very limited, and ideally will expand in the years to come! And with that, my experiences, knowledge base, and views of all manufactures, past and present. I'm here to learn and have fun, more than anything else, than "console warring" for which platform or manufacturer does things best. I'd say they all, fortunately, have areas to learn from one another, and innovate together. That's what makes me most excited about the industry! Unfortunately....with that, comes rising prices, and these pins are already half a modest car as is.....
I'm not sure if invisiglass is coming with Oktoberfest, but I know I've read that the EOS switch will be standard, along with the improved power supply, and that's at $7400 from what I've read. I think that includes side art and a shaker too.
I paid $7450 shipped, on a larger palette for Houdini, with blades, shaker motor installed, and then a credit back for the new power supply when I bought a topper. Compared to JJP and Stern, that felt right in the middle, and like a Stern Premium for a few hundred less. And the powder coated armor and legs on Houdini is great too!
I'm anxious to spend money, (needs to be earned first) on every manufacturer, Spooky too, but I need to see value and replayability for home use above all, and there's so many factors to juggle there. But I'm definitely up for Stern products, I just haven't felt as compelled to buy the newer licensed ones, not as much as I have API or JJP....at this point anyway.

Thats a fair and realistic follow up. Good points and I to wish API the best as well as Spooky. Competition makes the market stronger in my opinion. It really is a good time to be in Pinball.

#6867 5 years ago

Anyone get a screen grab to compare it to the underside of a TAF? Haha.

#6868 5 years ago

Curious what people think, do you guys prefer the new signed plastics/cards or did you like it more when LEs where signed directly on the playfield?

No right or wrong just curious what was preferred!? Munsters playfield would have been perfect for signing with Dwight and Borg in the artwork.

#6869 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Curious what people think, do you guys prefer the new signed plastics/cards or did you like it more when LEs where signed directly on the playfield?
No right or wrong just curious what was preferred!? Munsters playfield would have been perfect for signing with Dwight and Borg in the artwork.

I feel either option works (do however like how they did Batman 66) with that said I actually wish they allowed Franchi or the artist of creation to sign as they are technically the art creator.

#6870 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you are paying for all that “quality” up front ...

The problem is what you define as "quality." Does my DI weigh more than my SW, does it feel more solid construction wise, yes of course. Do I give a shit...not really.
Of course things like Subways are absolutely fair above quality, and so are the toys. Do I care aboot toys...little bit of both sides there.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Fair question. I guess that depends on what the buyer feels they need in a base model.

Like what the heck is an EOS upgrade, or power supply? (Sorry at work cant go to the website)

Quoted from Squizz:

I feel that stern sells jjp x 5 because....jjp is really a premium and up.

Correct, that is why. Stern makes damn fun games for a lot less than JJP. Whilst everyone has a pissing monies match there are tons of people that can't afford a JJP or Prem+Stern. I had one time chance with a flush of cash to afford a DI which I love, but unless I sell it I wouldn't consider buying another JJP for now.

Quoted from Squizz:

and don't really know many that have had problems with their jjp machines either.

Really? Light boards WOZ for 1, that was a major issue.
Head to the DI thread and see the problems there, we had TONS of them from big things like cracking clear coat day 1, little things like incorrect wiring from the factory, a trap door design that left a lot to be desired etc.

I've had 1 node board fry and 1 JJP board fry.

#6871 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Under the clear is the best as far as I'm concerned. Don't like the apron sig as it can be rubbed off or degrade. The playfield sig is literally locked in with clearcoat.

#6872 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you see their chipped playfields and worn scoop areas awhile back? Thats quality!

Houdini's scoop eject is bad news, too. They should have had a cliffy there from the factory. Anyone that doesn't have wear at the lip will have wear at the lip - they'll all have it if they remain unprotected.

#6873 5 years ago

Did I see Munsters mentioned somewhere in this thread.....?

#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Did I see Munsters mentioned somewhere in this thread.....?

Welcome to the pinball public forum, where we discuss everything but the subject at hand. Lol

#6875 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ask yourself why Stern outsells JJP x 5
Some like DI and POTC. Most don’t.
As for “quality”, it depends on how you define it.
All I read about are problems out of the box
And one big route operator says his JJP pins were blown out at 12k plays. Sterns were rocking along at 25k
When I buy Wonka it won’t be because of “quality”, it’s theme and yes code depth. Which I like!
I hope they turn the corner

Ford sells probably 100x as many cars as Ferrari. Does that make every Ford better than whatever Ferrari puts out? No. Does Ferrari selling less cars than Ford Ford automatically mean they are not successful? No.

JJP is targeting the high end pinball market, they don't have a pin in the Stern pro price range which is what generates a majority of sales for Stern. I don't see the logic in saying JJP pins suck just because Stern has sold more pins. JJP doesn't need to sell as many pins as Stern does to be deemed successful. Also, JJP's operating costs are likely a hell of a lot lower than Stern due to a much smaller factory and staff.

#6876 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

That's quality.

You don't play the "inside of the machine". That's kind of the whole point!

#6877 5 years ago

Both my JJP pins had a series of issues, Stern has its issues as well. This is a Munsters thread, when do the LEs ship.

#6878 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ford sells probably 100x as many cars as Ferrari. Does that make every Ford better than a Ferrari? No. Does that make Ferrari less successful than Ford? No.
JJP is targeting the high end pinball market, they don't have a pin in the Stern pro price range which is what generates a majority of sales for Stern. I don't see the logic in saying a JJP pin sucks all because Stern has sold more pins.

Everybody here KNOWS exactly what we are talking about with JJP and Stern. It's no secret how F ed up JJP has been with the rollouts and how inferior they are with "theme" and "artwork".

JJP can't physically make as many pins as Stern if they had to. They have too many temporary line workers and that is why you see so many issues with their Nib games out of the box. That's not "quality".

Is it heavy, hell yeah it is, i just moved 14 pins and WH20, Woz and AlienLE nearly killed me.

Now, when JJP rolls out Wonka, let's see how many Fords they can sell.

The idea of comparing it as a Ferrari and a Ford is the biggest pile of BS I've ever heard. You can get your $$$ back out of a Ferrari and then some. You are guaranteed to lose a bunch of $$$$$ on EVERY JJP pin.

#6879 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Both my JJP pins had a series of issues, Stern has its issues as well. This is a Munsters thread, when do the LEs ship.

Absolutely this is a Munsters thread, one of the most awesome pinball machines ever created, who gives a sh*t about JJP? Lily Munster for the win!

#6880 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lily Munster for the win![quoted image]

Photoshop for the win

#6881 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Photoshop for the win

#6882 5 years ago

Damn who was the lucky bastard tapping that back in the day

#6883 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Damn who was the lucky bastard tapping that back in the day

Probably Grandpa munster

#6884 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably Grandpa munster

He probably made up a special potion that made her attracted to him.

#6885 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Photoshop for the win

Yeah....but we will take it. Lol

#6886 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Yeah....but we will take it. Lol

Exactly, its kinda like when you see a hot chick and your gf or wife immediately gets a prune face and says...she's all plastic! Im kinda like umm......so???

#6887 5 years ago

Looks like LEs are shipping next week

#6888 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably Grandpa munster

I used to spend a lot of time at his restaurant down in the village when I lived in Manhattan.

He was a very nice man and a terrific basketball fan.

#6889 5 years ago

Looked like they had a good 100 LE’s on the line! Amazing how fast they can crank out machines

#6890 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I used to spend a lot of time at his restaurant down in the village when I lived in Manhattan.
He was a very nice man and a terrific basketball fan.

Yes he was Mike! I met him out in the LA summer basketball league in the late 80s

He was just chilling out in a folding chair at Loyola Marymount gym watching hoops and talking to anybody who came up

No idea he had a restaurant

#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes he was Mike! I met him out in the LA summer basketball league in the late 80s
He was just chilling out in a folding chair at Loyola Marymount gym watching hoops and talking to anybody who came up
No idea he had a restaurant

Are you talking about Al Lewis?

#6892 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ford sells probably 100x as many cars as Ferrari. Does that make every Ford better than whatever Ferrari puts out? No. Does Ferrari selling less cars than Ford Ford automatically mean they are not successful? No.
JJP is targeting the high end pinball market, they don't have a pin in the Stern pro price range which is what generates a majority of sales for Stern. I don't see the logic in saying JJP pins suck just because Stern has sold more pins. JJP doesn't need to sell as many pins as Stern does to be deemed successful. Also, JJP's operating costs are likely a hell of a lot lower than Stern due to a much smaller factory and staff.

Very well put!

#6893 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you talking about Al Lewis?

Grandpa Munster Al. Cool dude

#6894 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Grandpa Munster Al. Cool dude

JJP talk is over now Sky, you can stop trolling and instigating

I'll meet you over in the JJP thread

#6895 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP talk is over now Sky, you can stop trolling and instigating

If you stop i will.

#6896 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You don't play the "inside of the machine". That's kind of the whole point!

He's talking about build quality - not the quality of play or fun factor.

#6897 5 years ago

Munsters Pro arriving to home in 10 minutes!

Can't wait.its like waiting for a fix...

Ever 2 minutes I'm looking out the window.
Is it here yet is it is it is it?

Lol

#6898 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Munsters Pro arriving to home in 10 minutes!
Can't wait.its like waiting for a fix...
Ever 2 minutes I'm looking out the window.
Is it here yet is it is it is it?
Lol

Good fun! Can’t wait to hear your detailed review.

#6899 5 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I own a JJP POTC and I have a Munsters LE on order. I played Munsters pro and Premium and I can tell you they are NOT in the same league as POTC. POTC is in my opinion the best pinball machine ever made! Munsters is so bad it is a joke compared to it. Munsters is beautiful and has some awesome feeling ramps but that is about it.
I hope we will all end up being happy with our Munsters but if you are considering to get one or the other get a POTC no question.

Thanks for clearing that out!

Quoted from iceman44:

Some like DI and POTC. Most don’t.

Sounds more like YOU don't like JJP games. As far as I know 9/10 pinheads would buy a JJP if they had the money.

#6900 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Sounds more like YOU don't like JJP games. As far as I know 9/10 pinheads would buy a JJP if they had the money.

LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/138?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.