(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 164.
#6751 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So you have a hard time believing Stern didn't do a great job on an early coded game?
Bold.

Well, they had an extra 2 months with the beatles switcheroo, so, yeah I guess.

And I was really just looking for verification that others were seeing the same thing once I pointed it out so it can get fixed. Reported it to Stern, too.

#6752 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Oh, is that arc there when the tv isn't on the screen?

Yes, it's in some of the video clips during gameplay, usually the ones that are smaller, but hard to keep track since I'm managing the game when it happens.

#6753 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, it's in some of the video clips during gameplay, usually the ones that are smaller, but hard to keep track since I'm managing the game when it happens.

I'm hoping I don't notice it because that means I am playing pinball not watching videos. lol I am sure they were shooting for an old time effect that might not please everyone. Kind of like what API did with Houdini, I couldn't stand the attempt at old they went for. But some like it so my opinion is mine. Almost time to text Zach at Flippen Out to find out where the Hell is my Munsters!!! lol

#6754 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm hoping I don't notice it because that means I am playing pinball not watching videos. lol I am sure they were shooting for an old time effect that might not please everyone. Kind of like what API did with Houdini, I couldn't stand the attempt at old they went for. But some like it so my opinion is mine. Almost time to text Zach at Flippen Out to find out where the Hell is my Munsters!!! lol

That's the point. It's easy to see in the end clips because you aren't doing anything, but hard to catch in the game as it's hard to keep looking up when playing. It's hard enough to flip and zap at the same time, especially in multiball. Adding looking at the screen while the action is hot is close to impossible.

#6755 5 years ago

SDTM Greg installs Mod Couple mods on his Stern The Munsters Pro pinball machine.

#6756 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Greg installs Mod Couple mods on his Stern The Munsters Pro pinball machine.

Some quality mods there

#6757 5 years ago

Any news on LE production?

#6758 5 years ago

Supposed to be end of the month

#6759 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Supposed to be end of the month

Heck no it better be in the next weeks. I need me some Munsters already!!!! Time to call Zach again.... lol

#6760 5 years ago

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

Well that confirms it, Level 2 and 3 will be the same but adjustments for timers and scoring

#6761 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf
Well that confirms it, Level 2 and 3 will be the same but adjustments for timers and scoring

Yup...I don't understand. For $6k-$9k level 2 and level 3 modes should be unique with their own unique animations and sounds. Bummer. Still looking forward to playing the game on location.

• At the end of MUNSTER MADNESS the five major areas all reset allowing the player
to begin advancing to the next level of each.
• Level I is relatively easy to complete.
• Level II, for the most part is the same as Level I but harder. It’s also worth
more points.
• Level III and beyond is the same as Level II.

#6762 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup...I don't understand. For $6k-$9k level 2 and level 3 modes should be unique with their own unique animations and sounds. Bummer. Still looking forward to playing the game on location.
• At the end of MUNSTER MADNESS the five major areas all reset allowing the player
• Level II, for the most part is the same as Level I but harder. It’s also worth
more points.

Sounding more and more like a great location game. For the home? Meh, not even close for $6-$9k.

Maybe a year or two down the track if Stern rethinks code like they did with Batman, then maybe home might be nice. We’ll wait and see. They’ll be making this for the next 3-4 years.

#6763 5 years ago

I wish all you guys would stop bitching so much and move on. You dont like the game we get it, so seriously just move on and wait for the next game that they release and maybe that game will be for you.

#6764 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

more points.

Like Star Trek?

#6765 5 years ago

Look's like Lyman coded games for me now moving forward, BM66 might be the go

#6766 5 years ago

Ok could not resist...
“Save the Dragula”
“Herman Battle”
“Destroy the Washer”
“Slime Directive”
“Marilyn Jump”
“Lily”

#6767 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish all you guys would stop bitching so much and move on. You dont like the game we get it, so seriously just move on and wait for the next game that they release and maybe that game will be for you.

You Love the game we get it, so seriously just move on. everyone's opinion is valid. . If they don't have a fan club thread yet you should start one.

#6768 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

You Love the game we get it, so seriously just move on. everyone's opinion is valid. . If they don't have a fan club thread yet you should start one.

I dont mind someone saying that they dont like the game, even i have said things about the game that i dont like. What pisses me off is you got the same 3,4, or 5 people that come in here and constantly talk about how much the game sucks. Why cant they just say the code sucks one or two times or maybe even ten times and move the F on? Why waste.your time in this thread every damn day on a game that you think sucks? Thats stupid!

#6769 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We get it, you love the machine as it is, tho telling everyone else to move on just because we don't is wrong.
I have stakes in this game, I too crap from time to time in this thread as to where the code is and is headed.

Remember this is The Munsters Hype thread, Not the Munsters club thread that's being crapped in.

#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Look's like Lyman coded games for me now moving forward, BM66 might be the go

BM66 kicks ass!
Awesome game and CODE

#6771 5 years ago

tonycip

How are you enjoying the JJP Pirates?
I'm leaning towards one after watching a few streams.

Pro's
Con's

#6772 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

tonycip
How are you enjoying the JJP Pirates?
I'm leaning towards one after watching a few streams.
Pro's
Con's

Dude best game ever!
I'll pm you,

#6773 5 years ago

Thnx ^^^^^^^^^

#6774 5 years ago

My Munsters LE will never leave my possession so pumped fun fast flowing game love Borg designs grueling waiting for that thing the backglass is fucking ridiculous

#6775 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

My Munsters LE will never leave my possession so pumped fun fast flowing game love Borg designs grueling waiting for that thing the backglass is fucking ridiculous

The LE model does look really nice, looking forward to seeing one in person.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont mind someone saying that they dont like the game, even i have said things about the game that i dont like. What pisses me off is you got the same 3,4, or 5 people that come in here and constantly talk about how much the game sucks. Why cant they just say the code sucks one or two times or maybe even ten times and move the F on? Why waste.your time in this thread every damn day on a game that you think sucks? Thats stupid!

No one has really known until today whether or not the level 2 and level 3 character modes are substantially different then the level 1 modes. $6k-$9k is a crazy amount of dough to drop on a pinball machine and for that price I would expect there to be more variety with the level 1-3 modes. As fans of the theme many of us would like to see more content pulled from the show for each character and used in the level 2 and 3 modes versus just reusing level 1 mode assets. What's the fun in having to hit more shots or having less time with the same clips and audio playing? None in my opinion. Having a new scene from the show play out with different shots along with different animations + sounds for level 2 / 3 modes just sounds like more fun. The same thing goes for having a unique wizard mode as each set of modes is played versus just playing a more difficult version of Munster Madness each time.

Seeing Stern offer a high level of mode variety in a game like Star Trek across it's 18 main modes (6 modes each with 3 levels) but then not doing something similar with Munsters makes me as a potential buyer that I'm not getting as much value. I think it's a fair criticism and considering this isn't a fan / owners thread is the place to openly discuss it.

#6777 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No one has really known until today whether or not the level 2 and level 3 character modes are substantially different then the level 1 modes. $6k-$9k is a crazy amount of dough to drop on a pinball machine and for that price I would expect there to be more variety with the level 1-3 modes. As fans of the theme many of us would like to see more content pulled from the show for each character and used in the level 2 and 3 modes versus just reusing level 1 mode assets. What's the fun in having to hit more shots or having less time with the same clips and audio playing? None in my opinion. Having a new scene from the show play out with different shots along with different animations + sounds for level 2 / 3 modes just sounds like more fun. The same thing goes for having a unique wizard mode as each set of modes is played versus just playing a more difficult version of Munster Madness each time.
Seeing Stern offer a high level of mode variety in a game like Star Trek across it's 18 main modes (6 modes each with 3 levels) but then not doing something similar with Munsters makes me as a potential buyer that I'm not getting as much value. I think it's a fair criticism and considering this isn't a fan / owners thread is the place to openly discuss it.

Level 2 does have different animations according to some people who have seen it

#6778 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Level 2 does have different animations according to some people who have seen it ...

If that's the case that's really good news and will add some variety between the different mode levels.

#6779 5 years ago

Also apparently if you shop around you can get a nib pro shipped to your door for 5450? I believe ifpa people can get them.even cheaper? Not bad for a nib pin with warranty imo

#6780 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Level II clips are different, or maybe the clips for the modes are randomized. For example, Level I Herman is him going to work, where Level II is him trying to wash clothes, though I could swear I've seen the clothes washing clip on Level I.

But yeah, the game just needs more things to do and be better integrated into the show. You should have to "win" the race with Dragula after it launches by hitting the orbit 2 or 3 times successively post-launch. It would make that Dragula bit less boring and the countdown more tense since you'd be mentally preparing to hit 2 or 3 perfect orbit shots in a row to win the race. Stuff like that.

My son played Midnight Madness last night and his first words while playing the mode were, "this game needs more of THIS" and I totally agree. The Munsters Midnight Madness is THE best MM intro and one of the best midnight madness modes. Really a treat. More tightly integrated modes like that would really help the game.

#6781 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Panzerfreak i agree with you totally and i want this game to be the greatest game ever myself. There is nothing wrong with some constructive criticism at all and maybe even some harsh criticism even. I wasn't talking about you for the record. There's 2 or 3 people that just wont shut up about how bad they think this game is and its just getting old. Maybe its just the manner they do it in i dont know but they are very annoying.

I am hoping that we see some good updates and for Dwight to do a little more than he originally planned. This game absolutely deserves nothing but the best code possible because it really is special in many many ways. It appears to be selling extremely good, probably even better than Stern thought that it would.

#6782 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Level II clips are different, or maybe the clips for the modes are randomized. For example, Level I Herman is him going to work, where Level II is him trying to wash clothes, though I could swear I've seen the clothes washing clip on Level I.
But yeah, the game just needs more things to do and be better integrated into the show. You should have to "win" the race with Dragula after it launches by hitting the orbit 2 or 3 times successively post-launch. It would make that Dragula bit less boring and the countdown more tense since you'd be mentally preparing to hit 2 or 3 perfect orbit shots in a row to win the race. Stuff like that.
My son played Midnight Madness last night and his first words while playing the mode were, "this game needs more of THIS" and I totally agree. The Munsters Midnight Madness is THE best MM intro and one of the best midnight madness modes. Really a treat. More tightly integrated modes like that would really help the game.

I suggested the loop idea too, haha! I'd rather have some engagement via modes, than just bash something or hit a target. That's where some DMD's really succeeded in the 90's, creating mini games that were separate from the playfield structure. I wish all pins would play with backglass game mechanics more often, especially considering how evolved they are from twenty years ago.

Regarding backglass, I saw one or two of the three last week on location, that seemed slightly wavy. Either it was the plastic itself or the print, but seeing it also laying down on the table removed, I certainly questioned Stern's plastic approach to "backglass". Does JJP use glass for theirs? Plastic backglass does hold the same luminescence, and for the money we buy pins for, I really want better in that regard, marketwide.

#6783 5 years ago

Us Aussies do whinge a bit i have noticed bit ashamed to be honest

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We can only hope Vireland!
Everything else about Munsters is killer.
Just need's more and not same as before.

#6785 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Lol i don't think you guys whine anymore than anyone else. Plenty of whiners in the U.S. also, way too many actually. Aussies are good people!

#6786 5 years ago

how many different multiball options on this game?

#6787 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Regarding backglass, I saw one or two of the three last week on location, that seemed slightly wavy. Either it was the plastic itself or the print, but seeing it also laying down on the table removed, I certainly questioned Stern's plastic approach to "backglass". Does JJP use glass for theirs? Plastic backglass does hold the same luminescence, and for the money we buy pins for, I really want better in that regard, marketwide.

It was just the translite jammed into the frame carelessly at the factory, which made it wavy. The one here came that way, too. Not hard to fix.

Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Herman Multiball (2 or 3 ball, depending)
Raven Multiball
Munster Madness Multiball
Midnight Madness Multiball
Grandpa Multiball (Prem/LE only) - this is the one where upper and lower PF are multiball at once.

#6788 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

4 not counting different levels of the same multiball and midnight madness is only at midnight.

Herman
Raven
Munster Madness
Midnight Madness

#6789 5 years ago

nice so a bit going on i am suck a sucker for multiball should have seen me when i played apollo 13 for the first time.

#6790 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

nice so a bit going on i am suck a sucker for multiball should have seen me when i played apollo 13 for the first time.

It's really 3 multiballs for Pro and 4 for Prem/LE since most people will not regularly see the Midnight Madness one.

#6791 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's really 3 multiballs for Pro and 4 for Prem/LE since most people will not regularly see the Midnight Madness one.

Just set the clock accordingly and you can c it more lol

#6792 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:Lol i don't think you guys whine anymore than anyone else. Plenty of whiners in the U.S. also, way too many actually. Aussies are good people!

Aussie don't whine. We whinge.

#6793 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was just the translite jammed into the frame carelessly at the factory, which made it wavy. The one here came that way, too. Not hard to fix.

Raven Multiball
Grandpa Multiball (Prem/LE only) - this is the one where upper and lower PF are multiball at once.

Thanks for that info! I'm glad it's something I wouldn't have to worry about, possibly down the road.

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Raven Multiball
Grandpa Multiball (Prem/LE only)

Is the Secret Mania mode a multiball Vic?

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is the Secret Mania mode a multiball Vic?

I don't know, haven't been to it yet. Has anyone figured out the clues to get there?

#6796 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

It’s not really whining.....these games are an extra 3-4K for the rest of us!

#6797 5 years ago

well it is as no one has a gun to your head forcing you to buy it.

#6798 5 years ago

Finally got to play a Pro last night. I liked it. Flows well, the ramps are smooth, no clunky shots that I could feel. Rules pretty simple. However, the standout feature is definitely the Zaps - it’s honestly the best use of the button I’ve seen yet. Not too complicated, easy to use during gameplay, and the Super Jackpot award is superb.

As for negatives, I’d say it was a little too easy. I got the wizard mode on my third game. Maybe needs a little more variety on the level 2 modes. Not a deal breaker for a location game though, it’s mostly fine.

Secondly, the timing and insert use is a little confusing. Needs more polish to really tune it up to be seamless and intuitive.

However, the big elephant in the room is the display graphics. The primary purpose for the display is to convey information to the player and it doesn’t really do this cleanly or effectively. For example, the Zap gauge is really tiny, and the super jackpot indicator is like a half inch with a 4 point font.

The colour choices really reduce contrast and far too much of the screen is eaten up by kitschy skewmorphisms. Also the free fonts used based on their “gothic” look are mostly just dropped in as-is and colored inconsistently. There’s no overall colour scheme and it comes off as jarring.

IMDN has one of the better display graphics and icon use so I’m surprised to see this regression.

All that said, normal people never even look at the display so I guess that’s not a deal breaker either.

Overall I really liked it, especially the Zaps. Looking forward to trying a Premium.

#6799 5 years ago

I wonder if people would have a slightly different tone if it was called Mode (Level) complete instead of Wizard mode? Seems like we have been tuned by games of the past to assume Wizard Mode meant we won and completed the game some how. If they simply called it Level complete and completing all 3 (or 10 for that matter) levels would then be a Wizard mode might change the definition or attitude about this debate. Just an out loud thought....

#6800 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like we have been tuned by games of the past to assume Wizard Mode meant we won and completed the game some how...

I don't know why anyone thinks completing level 1 of 3 is the wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/136?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.