(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 164.
#6551 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was fortunate enough to play the games at Helicon last night with my friend. Definitely lots of thoughts lingering for sure....
The game nails the art, presentation overall, and audio callouts, and I'm guessing only has room to develop overtime, to the level of where Batman 66 is at presently. I was worried about too many zany sound effects, and the laugh track, but things seemed fairly balanced, aside from a wacky slide whistle or two too many here and there.
I think we played maybe six or so games a piece, and neither of us made it to Munster Madness, as our skill level is fairly basic, but I did get a sense that we saw a good amount of what the game has to offer, overall. The Grandpa scoop was pretty easy to hit, as were both ramps. The targets on the left and right of the left stairway ramp sometimes deflect a shot a bit too much for my liking, and the power of shots on the right inverted ramp often doesn't flow hard enough to make the loop entirely, and feeds it back down at you. Not sure if that is a flipper strength issue or game design issue.
The Herman Bash toy feels a bit lifeless, and really would benefit from being a mech. It just kinda sits there, and feels a bit large and clunky for how little it does. Otherwise I liked how the color balance on the table was, and felt it was more subtle than the eye garish pop I feared.
I can't say much about code, depth or lack of it, but I can say I don't feel a strong, strong compulsion to play it again. I do, to an extent, to verify my feelings, but less so regarding feeling excitement over the shots, modes or overall feel of the game. We played Addams directly afterwards, and felt if the visual package above didn't exist on the Munsters, and overall audio feel, it wouldn't be that engaging to play, whereas the shots and modes on Addams had us really engaged, and after all of these years of playing it.
Currently, this feels like a game I'd play here and there on site, but wouldn't want to own. I went from wanting that LE on reveal day, then thinking a premium down the road when budgets worn a bit better, to now waiting to see what else develops throughout the rest of the year.
I did watch these French guys play, and they really nailed it, and had far, far more success than I had. I think my high game was towards ten million.

This wasn't even the newest code

#6552 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Why is it that a bunch of folks who complain the most, because the care and want pinball to succeed, haven’t bought a new game in 5+ years?

Because we have a bunch of whiny crybaby D bags here? Yep, that simple

#6553 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Because we have a bunch of whiny crybaby D bags here? Yep, that simple

You can come up to my room at Embassy Suites at TPF and have a beer on me Iceman!

No whiners or complainers aloud. Just folks who love pinball and code no matter how horrible it is are aloud in my room during shows, like this cool pinballer!

7A218C58-A022-47BB-864D-9029C48F483A (resized).jpeg7A218C58-A022-47BB-864D-9029C48F483A (resized).jpeg
#6554 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

America’s Most Haunted plays pretty decent I’ll give you that Ben, but the art on it looks like ass.
Retheme it as Scooby Doo and reskin it with Hanna-Barbera art and I’d buy one.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

#6555 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hate to say it, but the more I play it, the more Munsters feels like the launch of bare-bones Batman '66. Almost exactly, actually. The video clips are better integrated and more plentiful, but where in Batman'66 you did simple things to finish each of the 4 villains, then had the battle when they escaped, in Munsters, you do a few simple things to finish Spot, Herman, Grandpa, Raven, Lily then have Munster Madness. There's a few multiballs and that's about it aside from the boosts and multipliers. Like Batman'66, you can get through it one time in about 10-15 minutes and see pretty much all there is to see except the video clips for the level II run though. Give it 20-30 minutes and you've completely consumed the entire game's Level I and Level II content. And if you're a reasonable player, you can do this in the first day or two you have it. There's easy, and then there's empty. Munsters, like the launch Batman'66, is essentially empty. Bright spot is at least it wasn't $15k.
Dwight has a LOT of work to do to bring this up to even acceptable. He should chat with Lyman who has experience re-thinking Batman'66 and making it actually good.

You hit the nail right on the head!

Munsters has nothing even close to Batman66, Lyman takes care and pride with his work! Reason why he takes his work load home with him..
This show's to me what dedication and love this guy has for the work he produces to us Pinball players!

Dwight on the other hand is a 9 to 5 guy, Clock on and pay me and I'll work on the code.
This guy will never re-think what was done to the Munsters code. (Shame but true)

As it stands a 20 to 30mins of game play as mentioned before to complete pretty much everything isn't going to last in a home environment!

(BUT I do hope to be proven wrong with the next few updates!)

Quoted from BrianBannon:

Are you saying you got all the way through everything by playing the game? Hmm, in the H2H podcast, Dwight mentioned that both Tim Sexton and Keith Elwin had yet to get through and finish the Level II content in any one game yet. Given that they are both world class players I find it hard to believe that any "reasonable player" will be able to do what you are describing "in the first day or two", if ever.

Maybe Tim Sexton and Keith Elwin got bored with level 2 being the same as Level 1 and walked away ?

#6556 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Munsters has nothing even close to Batman66, Lyman takes care and pride with his work! Reason why he takes his work load with him home..
This show's to me what dedication and love this guy has for the work he produces to us Pinball players!
Dwight on the other hand is a 9 to 5 guy, Clock on and pay me and I'll work on the code.
This guy will never re-think what was done to the Munsters code. (Shame but true)
20 to 30mins of game play as mentioned before to complete pretty much everything is nt going to last in a home environment!
BUT I do hope to be proven wrong with the next few updates

Maybe Tim Sexton and Keith Elwin got bored with level 2 being the same as Level 1 and walked away ?

We are bored with bashing the game so now your going to attack Dwights work ethics or what you ASSume them to be?? Come on have a bit of respect for what they have created for goodness sake. We get it you don't like the game not sure why Dwight's commitment needs to come into assumed question now. Geeessssh.

#6557 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When the playfield's up, it looks even weirder. There's almost nothing under the playfield and only two node boards because there's so little to drive. Have a look:
[quoted image]

WOW 12 Coils! The budget expense blown out here ($300)

News Flash

Stern releases 2019 Spiderman VE

SMVE (resized).jpgSMVE (resized).jpg
#6558 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We are bored with bashing the game so now your going to attack Dwights work ethics or what you ASSume them to be?? Come on have a bit of respect for what they have created for goodness sake. We get it you don't like the game not sure why Dwight's commitment needs to come into assumed question now. Geeessssh.

Geeesssh and maybe we are bored with all the people that say the Code is Ok (when others clearly feel its not)
and that there is no need to have had 4 drop targets at the Lily skateboard pad? (when others feel that this would have been a better idea)

It's an opinion
like it or hate it.

Example:
(Bored) A bit like you posting you're mods in a Club or in a Hype Thread when you have a Mod thread created for this type of thing?
Get the drift

#6559 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Are you saying you got all the way through everything by playing the game? Hmm, in the H2H podcast, Dwight mentioned that both Tim Sexton and Keith Elwin had yet to get through and finish the Level II content in any one game yet. Given that they are both world class players I find it hard to believe that any "reasonable player" will be able to do what you are describing "in the first day or two", if ever.

Again, I got through levels I and II, but I know I didn't complete Munster Madness properly (which I assume is putting up all the pictures on the portrait wall on the screen), but the game still rolled over to Level II when Munster Madness ended, and went through that. I'm sure there are some other things that weren't completed "right", but the point is I've seen everyone boosted, seen all Level I lit, seen all Level II lit and two Munster Madnesses in the same game. There doesn't seem to be any indicators for level III except text, but I didn't get far enough to know for sure.

You have to remember that Stern and its employees are in the business of selling pins, even if they make their designers say misleading things to do it (Game of Throne's "as designed" broken orbit BS that Steve Ritchie had to swallow publicly after privately saying for months that a fix was being worked on, etc).

There's NO WAY Keith Elwin and that level player couldn't at least get through all the level I and level II and two Munster Madnesses in the same game in their sleep, unless they get hung up trying to stack multipliers and boosts, which is risky and will screw you up in my experience. If they're trying to just straight line it, they and any reasonable player could do it after not that many days, maybe even in the same day with enough time on it. Maybe part of the answer is to reset all level I if you don't actually complete Munster Madness right instead of advancing the player to level II automatically. Throw a little extra content on level II to make it more special and that would help a lot.

I don't want to keep making negative posts because I really like the theme and hope the code will be improved. I only answered this one specifically because you essentially accused me of lying. I've pretty much said all there is to say about issues with Munsters, so I don't think it's productive to post any more flavors of the same information.

#6560 5 years ago

What's wrong with you people?

Just be happy we get new fresh titles!

If you want to hate go to your and write "I will respect anyone who helps create pinball machines."
1000 times
Hope you all get it?
I've been collecting since 2003 and gone through over 100 different titles each being special in it own way.

That's what makes our Hobby fun folks.

If you dont like it move on.

But above all else SHUT UP!!!

#6561 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Geeesssh and maybe we are bored with all the people that say the Code is Ok (when others clearly feel its not)
and that there is no need to have had 4 drop targets at the Lily skateboard pad? (when others feel that this would have been a better idea)
It's an opinion
like it or hate it.
Example:
(Bored) A bit like you posting you're mods in a Club or in a Hype Thread when you have a Mod thread created for this type of thing?
Get the drift

Actually no? I don't have a Mod thread you are thinking of someone else sorry. And crazy me for thinking that Munsters Mods might be of interest in the Munsters Thread. What was I thinking.... You win, your right truce.

#6562 5 years ago

The Rant comes from reading ignorant Pinheads
That dont have a clue what's involved in being a Creator.

Lots of sad sacks

All Pinballs are Magnificent

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Again, I got through levels I and II, but I know I didn't complete Munster Madness properly (which I assume is putting up all the pictures on the portrait wall on the screen), but the game still rolled over to Level II when Munster Madness ended, and went through that. I'm sure there are some other things that weren't completed "right", but the point is I've seen everyone boosted, seen all Level I lit, seen all Level II lit and two Munster Madnesses in the same game. There doesn't seem to be any indicators for level III except text, but I didn't get far enough to know for sure.
You have to remember that Stern and its employees are in the business of selling pins, even if they make their designers say misleading things to do it (Game of Throne's "as designed" broken orbit BS that Steve Ritchie had to swallow publicly after privately saying for months that a fix was being worked on, etc).
There's NO WAY Keith Elwin and that level player couldn't at least get through all the level I and level II and two Munster Madnesses in the same game in their sleep, unless they get hung up trying to stack multipliers and boosts, which is risky and will screw you up in my experience. If they're trying to just straight line it, they and any reasonable player could do it after not that many days, maybe even in the same day with enough time on it. Maybe part of the answer is to reset all level I if you don't actually complete Munster Madness right instead of advancing the player to level II automatically. Throw a little extra content on level II to make it more special and that would help a lot.
I don't want to keep making negative posts because I really like the theme and hope the code will be improved. I only answered this one specifically because you essentially accused me of lying. I've pretty much said all there is to say about issues with Munsters, so I don't think it's productive to post any more flavors of the same information.

There are 3 levels to Munster madness also. Lots of value comes from what you do prior to it. There's more to the game then meets the eye imo.... will it be for everyone ...well no . A lot of top pins i don't care for , but this hobby is great bc there is something for everyone with so many choices. Munsters is allready a great seller out of the gate and i expect it to keep up. It will be well loved just like the remakes and 90s pins which all have just fun gameplay and not super deep rules. Munsters has more to it than most of those already imo . I will almost bet when i set mine up this week that it will kick my butt bc i set my games up pretty difficult. Bsd is one my favorites for years and there's not much to it ... but it just works .... which i believe munsters is much the same.

#6564 5 years ago

I don’t mind to read all of the points of views honestly... If I read just "Roses" it will be probably a fake idea, I will judge the reality when I try the game personally, but I’m grateful to read honest views all the times, at the end the choice will be mine with my Money too...

#6565 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

The Rant comes from reading ignorant Pinheads
That dont have a clue what's involved in being a Creator.
Lots of sad sacks
All Pinballs are Magnificent

You’ve been on this site all of two days supposedly. It usually takes a bit longer to start talking so much trash.

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I don’t mind to read all of the points of views honestly... If I read just "Roses" it will be probably a fake idea, I will judge the reality when I try the game personally, but I’m grateful to read honest views all the times, at the end the choice will be mine with my Money too...

Agree RR. Tbh, this thread is pretty balanced, with the exception of a couple that keep hammering home the same points.

The impression I get is Munsters looks phenomenal, shoots really well, has good theme integration and above all is fun. But the code is shallow and longevity in a home environment may be limited.

I’m mostly reading a bunch of honest thoughts. Not sure why some think it’s a thread full of haters. Both sides need to chill out and be a bit realistic. It’s not all roses nor is it all thorns.

#6567 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agree RR. Tbh, this thread is pretty balanced, with the exception of a couple that keep hammering home the same points.
The impression I get is Munsters looks phenomenal, shoots really well, has good theme integration and above all is fun. But the code is shallow and longevity in a home environment may be limited.
I’m mostly reading a bunch of honest thoughts. Not sure why some think it’s a thread full of haters. Both sides need to chill out and be a bit realistic. It’s not all roses nor is it all thorns.

Well said! Really like what I've seen so far. Gives me a lot of 90:s pinball feel which is a really good thing. But might wait so I can try it out before ordering. Big question for me is Pro or Premium (or maybe even LE)? Very uncertain how important the lower playfield is in the long run.

#6568 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Munsters has nothing even close to Batman66, Lyman takes care and pride with his work! Reason why he takes his work load home with him..
As it stands a 20 to 30mins of game play as mentioned before to complete pretty much everything isn't going to last in a home environment!
(BUT I do hope to be proven wrong with the next few updates!)

I got the privilege to beta test STLE and I know first hand Dwight’s commitments to code. The dude and I were up til midnight (my time) each night of the final weekend crunching in last minute ideas and busting out bugs before he released that awesome ST code drop. He is not a 9 to 5’r like you accuse. He loves what he does; I’ve seen it first hand, and you can tell from his interviews and streams.

Know what Dwight has, crea-motherf***ing-Tivity. Munster madness easy to get to? How many different ways can it be played? It’s got some serious HOTK steroids built into that mode, not to mention the zap and super jp’s. Basic code is one thing, diversity is another. Free your mind. Dwight rocks!

#6569 5 years ago

Everyone's complaining they've seen it all,they've made it to munster madness,not much to the code,well maybe you should look at this as a throwback game were it was about high score not making it to some wizard mode but some deep scoring strategy code mixed in.try learning how the code really works and have some fun trying to beat your friends or just your last score.
*this is a friends score not mine and this is a great score but about 1/3 of his best on location

received_280485305958104 (resized).jpegreceived_280485305958104 (resized).jpeg
#6570 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Everyone's complaining they've seen it all,they've made it to munster madness,not much to the code,well maybe you should look at this as a throwback game were it was about high score not making it to some wizard mode but some deep scoring strategy code mixed in.try learning how the code really works and have some fun trying to beat your friends or just your last score.
*this is a friends score not mine and this is a great score but about 1/3 of his best on location
[quoted image]

Damn.....nice score! I could look at that backglass pic all day long.

#6571 5 years ago

Each to their own...

Couldn't get rid of Medieval madness fast enough.
Attack from mars stayed a month longer and had to go too.

We all like different games.. I may love monsters or might hate it..

In the end who gives a toss.

*Back to playing the best game ever made* Star Trek LE. Ha. Ha.

#6572 5 years ago

Each to their own...
Couldn't get rid of Medieval madness fast enough.
Attack from mars stayed a month longer and had to go too.

I personally dumped my afm after a few mths still have the mm but thats got only 150 odd games on it
BOP PM TOM FT CFTBL BSD WH20 even flintstones and rocky bullwinkle id much sooner play

#6574 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got the privilege to beta test STLE and I know first hand Dwight’s commitments to code. The dude and I were up til midnight (my time) each night of the final weekend crunching in last minute ideas and busting out bugs before he released that awesome ST code drop. He is not a 9 to 5’r like you accuse. He loves what he does; I’ve seen it first hand, and you can tell from his interviews and streams.
Know what Dwight has, crea-motherfucking-Tivity. Munster madness easy to get to? How many different ways can it be played? It’s got some serious HOTK steroids built into that mode, not to mention the zap and super jp’s. Basic code is one thing, diversity is another. Free your mind. Dwight rocks!

Well like I have said before, I really hope I'm wrong with The Munsters code Eskaybee!!!!

Agree with Dwights ST code, was a rollercoaster ride at the start, but his end result was amazing !!! Notice my avatar

As for 9 to 5 comment, then if this is true as you say, Then I apologize.
My thinking to this was based on his comment and lack of enthusiasm towards GB on the H2H pod cast.

#6575 5 years ago

What exactly was Dwight’s contribution to star trek? Was it the medals concept and bug fixes?

Quoted from Squizz:

Well like I have said before, I really hope I'm wrong with The Munsters code Eskaybee!!!!
Agree with Dwights ST code, was a rollercoaster ride at the start, but his end result was amazing !!! Notice my avatar
My thinking to this was based on his comment and lack of enthusiasm towards GB on the H2H pod cast.

#6576 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What exactly was Dwight’s contribution to star trek? Was it the medals concept and bug fixes?

Umm I think you were refuring to Eskaybees comment.

#6577 5 years ago

Yes, Dwight was brought in to save it when the game was basically red shot mode, blue shot mode, Vengeance MB, green shot mode, etc.

#6578 5 years ago

Great thread, state your thoughts, then restate your thoughts, then disagree and state your thoughts, then restate your restated thoughts if someone states a different opinion.

“Let me beat my thoughts into your head until you agree with me!”

Get a life!

Either you like it or you don’t. Positive or negative is fine - state your thoughts and move on...move the conversation forward!

Time to start hitting up the moderators to ban people from this thread if you keep doing the above.

#6579 5 years ago

What he said. ^^^^^^^^

#6580 5 years ago

Agree - lots of the posts are just shitfesting or ego puffers. Nothing productive. Some want to argue for the sake of arguing or to build up their self worth or something. Wind jammers.

#6581 5 years ago

Yup pretty sick of this nonsense. Picking up two Munsters tomorrow for both The Sanctum and Flipside

#6582 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There are 3 levels to Munster madness also. Lots of value comes from what you do prior to it. There's more to the game then meets the eye imo.... will it be for everyone ...well no . A lot of top pins i don't care for , but this hobby is great bc there is something for everyone with so many choices. Munsters is allready a great seller out of the gate and i expect it to keep up. It will be well loved just like the remakes and 90s pins which all have just fun gameplay and not super deep rules. Munsters has more to it than most of those already imo . I will almost bet when i set mine up this week that it will kick my butt bc i set my games up pretty difficult. Bsd is one my favorites for years and there's not much to it ... but it just works .... which i believe munsters is much the same.

have you played it then? How do you know it's a great seller?

------

There are clearly two views of this game:

It's short, easy and repetitive and not much to shoot, I don't like it.

OR

Its fun and I like it.

if you are enjoying it so what if others aren't. I for one would have been glad for the insight on this game if I hadn't been able to play it. If I hadn't then I'd probably pause my order and wait to play it. Now I've canceled my order to wait to see if the code can improve it but I think its wishful thinking. Vic is right with his batman comparison.

If you aren't permitted to post your opinion here then what's the point of this place? Several times I've been accused more than once of not actually having played it (despite 6 hours plus of video of me playing it linked at the start of this thread ) hence why I've restated my view on it. I don't like TAF either BTW LOL

Cheers,
Neil.

#6583 5 years ago

This below, has helped me to decide and put the brakes on a purchase. I’m still very interested in the game. Again, someone respected with honest perception has furnished essentially a evaluation that Neil and others have implied regarding the code with the shots. Perhaps, Stern will keep this code for route and have a second code for the home market.

Greg’s initial perspective.

“ Sooooo......the game is absolutely beautiful looking. No denying that. From layout of art to the quality of the characters. Sterns art quality is becomeing top notch on there cabs. Super glossy and rich colors.
The lay out is very nice. The flow is smooth. The orbits are fast. The ramps are balls out amazing. Both are way faster then expected. The left is steeper then expected but requires very little effort to get up. Even with a back hand if you get it just to the top it will work it’s way around. Love seeing that. Again I can’t stress enough how fast and smooth these ramps are!!! Another shot I Love is going into the pops. Such a tight little area but the ball goes right in. Just to the left the Kitty shot is great. Tough little shot!
It’s just a super fast pin. Wasn’t expecting it! My only complaint about layout is it feels like there is very little to shoot at. But that’s wrong ha ha. I counted 11 shots/openings on Munsters and the same on Guardians but for some reason it feels there is more to shoot at on Guardians.......?
Munsters is also no slouch. It’s not the wide open easy shooter you would think it is. It can be tricky getting your shots down. But man when you do it’s combos heaven and with that speed if you get it rolling good youll have a ball get by you with out even knowing it happened.
The light show is killer. Great stuff even though it is by far the darkest damn stern ever. Not just in the middle. Every one that’s played it at my House didn’t hardly notice spot pop up it’s so dark! But again the light show its self is great.
The zap button is a cool edition. But to utilize it you have to be quick and hit it often. I know like it but I know some won’t!
Now the code......! I just don’t know how I feel. I enjoy the risk reward and I like having the progressing of of shoots being worth more in a mode the more you hit. That’s nice. Plus I love that the shots are all color coded for easy understanding of that progression. Spot is probably my favorite mode. It actually feels like a mode. And fun to run through. My chief complaint is like most. Just too easy to run through the modes.Even with it being more about points it’s disappointing to see most of the game so quickly. Maybe make it so I have to at least complete the modes rather than just start them. Again I know it’s more about points and how you do in the modes but just personal preference.
I got to level 2 Munster madness the third day owning it. I personally couldn’t identify really any difference from level one game play to level 2. That being said it’s still a fun pin. But something is missing in that code. It’s missing the mystery of what’s to come as you progress through the game. Mode or points I want to see some thing different the longer I play. I want to see or at least feel a change in call outs or something. The game has a lot of unique things about it that really separate it! So I’m super excited to see what’s to come with it “

#6584 5 years ago

A lot of this is fuzzy now that it’s been a few years; And some of it was team collaboration and/or an intent to implement from the get go. But here’s what I remember Dwight adding and polishing.

1. Medals.

2. Away team missions

3. The ability to start missions from either mission start or away team as well as the ability to start a new mission if your final shot of previous mission was to one of those shots.

4. Cut down on mode times; basically once you got your gold medal you could progress to the next mission.

5. Choreography and sound. Not sure if this was Dwight or David thiel or both. But remember when Bones’ call outs made it into the game? they were a wreck; both in mixing quality and choreography. That got cleaned up in a major way.

A couple extras that got added that I’d like to take some credit for as we bounced ideas back in for:

6. Double scoring apron: I’d like to take credit for this idea, giving a light show on the apron for prem/LE during double scoring

7. Bonus gold medal for completing a Klingon super jackpot.

I somewhat remember Dwight trying to come up with an idea to start missions via vengeance mode but it got scrapped. It’s easy to think of ideas for it now (3 years later), rather than in a few weeks while implementing everyone else. But stuff m like maybe have mission scoring 1/2 if started from the vengeance. Or you can only start level 1 missions from the vengeance. Or it starts a random mission...could have been a few things to ‘try’ given more time - not just time to code, but time to test.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot more.

Quoted from Squizz:

No sweat Squizz. I know you love ST, as do I! As for GB; that one never interested me so much. And since this is pinside, and we love to speculate remember GB came out right after Dwight got done coding both ST and GOT. (I still think GOT is his best work to date with SW a close 2nd). So me speculating, this was still at a time that stern had very little coders and testers: so I think it was a combination of being drained (from ST and GOT), plus the teams’ ideas as a whole put together a story for the game and never looked back.

One thing I love about Dwight is his fast turn around and open mindedness to try new ideas. He doesn’t play it safe so to speak. And each of his games stands out in one way or another. They are not all the same nor are they copy+paste from each other. But I’m sure Dwight would give us an even stellar code package from start to finish with polish all around if he had 2 years to code a game.

#6585 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

------
OR
Its fun and I like it.
if you are enjoying it so what if others aren't. I for one would have been glad for the insight on this game if I hadn't been able to play it. If I hadn't then I'd probably pause my order and wait to play it. Now I've canceled my order to wait to see if the code can improve it but I think its wishful thinking. Vic is right with his batman comparison.
If you aren't permitted to post your opinion here then what's the point of this place? Several times I've been accused more than once of not actually having played it (despite 6 hours plus of video of me playing it linked at the start of this thread ) hence why I've restated my view on it. I don't like TAF either BTW LOL
Cheers,
Neil.

Neil, I think you're missing part of the point. Nobody has stated an opinion or view was not relevant or allowed. The issue is a few individuals feel the need to continuously pound their Same view Over and Over until they feel they convinced everyone they are right and everyone else is wrong? Opinions Are great and I consider them all but when 20 of 30 views come from the Same person it feels like they wish are trying to Sway everyone by the numbers. I treat Positive reviews the same also. If you love it fine but reminding us 20 times will not add value to your input. JMO. It helps though that your a cool ass dude lol.

#6586 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

(despite 6 hours plus of video of me playing it linked at the start of this thread )

At least it took you 6 hours of playing it to figure out it sucks in your opinion!

Neil is def not one of the "DB's" i was talking about. His opinion concerns me. I'm all for people giving their opinions except for the "thread bombers" that don't buy pins and have no intention of buying pins and weigh in with ignorant, smug, stupid comments non stop in EVERY thread.

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this game, just like i did with BM66 from day one.

And I'll have faith that the code will evolve to greatness like it did with that pin.

If it doesn't, its not the end of the world.

#6587 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least it took you 6 hours of playing it to figure out it sucks in your opinion!
Neil is def not one of the "DB's" i was talking about. His opinion concerns me. I'm all for people giving their opinions except for the "thread bombers" that don't buy pins and have no intention of buying pins and weigh in with ignorant, smug, stupid comments non stop in EVERY thread.
I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this game, just like i did with BM66 from day one.
And I'll have faith that the code will evolve to greatness like it did with that pin.
If it doesn't, its not the end of the world.

Yep. Neil's (informed) opinion concerns me as well.

When I receive mine, I'll play it for one week and then weigh-in on what I think.

Very easy to ignore folks that haven't played it...those are the folks that should quiet down.

#6588 5 years ago

Ive had my Munsters pro for a few days imo the game just kicks ass its fast i love the shots pure adrenaline my only grip is i want a video mode I really like modding and Munsters is a dream pin for modding hats off to stern thanks for making Munsters and blimpy for making me buy one

#6589 5 years ago

I'll be honest I went postal on munsters and stated it was going to be stern's greatest game ever, ask me in the TPF bar why I think that. Lesson learnt, play first, then opinion

Cheers,
Neil

#6590 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'll be honest I went postal on munsters and stated it was going to be stern's greatest game ever, ask me in the TPF bar why I think that. Lesson learnt, play first, then opinion
Cheers,
Neil

Neil
I think the Munsters Art package in all 3 styles are possibally sterns Greatest to date.

#6591 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your high game was only 10 million and you think that you seen most of what the game has to offer?
I can appreciate anyone’s review and yours seemed well thought out but i have to respectfully disagree with most everything that you said. I would also take this game over Adams Family any day of the week.

I said I felt we saw a good amount of what the game has to offer. We definitely took in the A/V package, playfield design, and some basic gameplay mechanics. I took in enough info to tell me I don't want this day one, which a few weeks ago via it's debut, I did.

Ultimately this industry presents an issue of investment tied to loyalty. These games cost so much financially, often people feel the natural drive towards being encamped towards a "I love it because I paid $X, XXX so I have to rationalize and justify that purchase, no matter what!" or the contrary of "This game doesn't meet my needs for $X, XXX so it's a dud!". When I find the perfect game, (Which will never exist) that'll be the only one I need to play, along with the perfect album, film, novel, etc. But even things we heavily invest in, need scrutiny. I bought a Houdini game knowing it's issues prior to buying, and seeing them as well as it's strengths. It's an expensive venture, and ultimately I have to weigh the pro's and con's, and see where they fall. Most of all, it's okay that people have different levels of pros and cons, but above all that I have learned in the past few weeks, don't allow excitement to supercede purchasing rationality. Weeks ago, I was hot on the LE, and today I hope down the road things develop in a way that I might like a Premium.

For me, I've learned a serious lesson of not investing until I play, before I pay, and unfortunately the "limited" nature of this and many businesses don't often allow the end user that comfort, and that genuinely sucks.

I hope more people get to check it out in the weeks to come, and I hope to read less bickering, and more stories of good games played and enjoyed, and ways in which people hope the game develops over time.

#6592 5 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^ what he said , nice summary

#6593 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

------
OR
Its fun and I like it.
Cheers,
Neil.

Nothing wrong with posting your opinion, there's just no need to post the same opinion 15 times. We got it the first time, everything after that gets tiring to listen to. Not saying this applies to you, it's just why this thread is getting contentious.

#6594 5 years ago

Do any of you guys have older games in your collection that have simple rules? There's lots of old games that i could play forever and never get tired of them. This game is kind of like that so why cant it be a big hit also that you will love?

When i play video games once i beat them i usually don't play them much anymore but pinball is different. Im not that way with pinball at all. Every game doesn't have to be massively deep to be fun. I had a blast playing Munsters when i went and played it. Instead of being let down which is what i was scared was gonna happen, i walked away pleasantly surprised and wanting this game in my collection.

#6595 5 years ago

Curious as the game I played was one of the first releases in my area several have eluded to the fact there are 3 levels now. Is that something new or something Dwight mentioned on his todo list? I only seen 1 and 2 listed on the screen when I played granted the game whipped my butt so there might have been a 3 beyond. Curious to those that have access to the newer code. Excited to see this game mature as I wait for the Flippen out pinball van to pull up. Lol

#6596 5 years ago

As a newer pinballer, I think the game looks like a lot of fun. Can’t wait to drop some money into one. I’m hoping it can keep me coming back for more, because if so, this could be my first pinball machine purchase in 10 years. Until then I’m going to refrain from commenting further. I know first post, gimme a little slack.

#6597 5 years ago

Played a pro yesterday on location, and for me it has that one-more-game appeal, particularly because it lets you enter initials for high scores for each character if you get it. That's some fun code, because I would play a game just to try for the high score for Lily for example, and to figure out the scoring boosts to get there. Play-wise, I loved going for 5X at the Dragula entrance, tough shot but sometimes goes in by chance which is a thrill. Spot in the ramp and magnet holding ball for Herman multi-ball start are great too. Want to play more!

#6598 5 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

As a newer pinballer, I think the game looks like a lot of fun. Can’t wait to drop some money into one. I’m hoping it can keep me coming back for more, because if so, this could be my first pinball machine purchase in 10 years. Until then I’m going to refrain from commenting further. I know first post, gimme a little slack.

An honest first post welcome to the circus! All comments are welcome.

#6599 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Neil is def not one of the "DB's" i was talking about.

Neil is definitely not a DB even if he is wrong about Munsters!

Hanging out with Neil and playing pinball and having a beer with him is on my bucket list!

#6600 5 years ago

If we limit the amount of repeated criticisms of the machine, can we also limit the amount of repeated complaints about the repeated criticisms? If find them far more annoying... at least the criticisms are on topic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.