(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 164.
#6501 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Any of these gems from that period get you excited?

Wheel of Fortune
Indiana Jones
CSI
NBA
Buck Hunter Pro

Yes. BBH is awesome, and is stupidly hard to achieve wizard mode (although not in a fun way). Open season is probably harder to get than valinor.

WOF could have been great if finished (but the code no longer exists). Backrupt is a problem, but WOF is unique and cool.

#6502 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Go with your gut Curly.
Don’t make it AFMr imo though
As great as it is, mine is gone I don’t regret it one bit

My gut says the curry ramen pho combo was bad.

My gut also says it's better to buy late than early.

I'm not joining the "shit on code" train because I haven't played the game. But I am hearing both sides & seeing both points.

My next game might be AFMr but I am a Stern fanboy so who knows? If CGC starts making classics like Pinbot, Space Shuttle, High Speed, etc then I am in deeeeeep shit tho

#6503 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Any of these gems from that period get you excited?
Wheel of Fortune
Indiana Jones
CSI
NBA
Buck Hunter Pro

Actually-all of those gems do get me excited. All of them are great games and yes they can be considered as shallow. The guys have already nailed it when they talk about the level of fun. Would I own some of those dog day Stern's if I had a small collection-I doubt it. If I did I would probably play them and turn and burn them. What is great about these simpler titles is they help add balance to a collection. You want a hard game that is difficult to progress and conquer-go buy a AC/DC/LOTR or a WOZ. You want a basic game-fun for the friends and family buy a GOTG or a Munsters. You want something in the middle to keep your attention span longer-buy a Tron or a Star Trek. Munsters to me comes down to theme. If you have a connection with the theme, you will enjoy the game. If you do not have a connection with the Munster theme-may find another Borg layout that suits you better? I think trying to find a good balance in the collection is key to not getting tired of shallower games.

#6504 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you sure you’re not on Stern’s payroll? Lol
You’re trying to explain away a currently shallow coded game as okay. Again it’s only okay if they charge a great deal less.

Complete bullshit.

The purpose of the game is to entertain... HOW it does that there are diffrent ways. Your theory suggests it’s a 1: 1 correlation between code scale and worth. And what is entertaining to one type of consumer is not the same to all consumers.

Your post is just copycat thinking verse creatives who devise the winning formulas.

Hobbit is the poster child for mawr is better! But it’s not.

Correlation is not causation

#6505 5 years ago

Towing the line? WTF
Hahahahaha

#6506 5 years ago

Everyone just relax and go play some pinball. Enjoy each game for its uniqueness!

Go play pinball!!!!!

#6507 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So Level II ...
NBA...

i'm still thinking Munsters is lacking from the code side, anyway i really enjoyed my NBA as again, simple didnt means bad
and btw, not sure evbd did reach/play the wizard mode on it

(Lonnie was on that one)

#6508 5 years ago

Played about 5 games on the pro last night at the 1up Lodo.... Beautiful machine... Good flow. Love the 2 ramp shots.

Congrats to all the new owners!

#6509 5 years ago

Why is it that a bunch of folks who complain the most, because the care and want pinball to succeed, haven’t bought a new game in 5+ years?

#6510 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Complete bullshit.
The purpose of the game is to entertain... HOW it does that there are diffrent ways. Your theory suggests it’s a 1: 1 correlation between code scale and worth. And what is entertaining to one type of consumer is not the same to all consumers.
Your post is just copycat thinking verse creatives who devise the winning formulas.
Hobbit is the poster child for mawr is better! But it’s not.
Correlation is not causation

The Hobbit's code was a mess prior to the last string of updates and a lot of owners were very unhappy. However, JJP really came through with several huge game changing updates over the past 6-9 months to tie all of the modes together, apply a ton of polish, fix bugs, add a super wizard mode, change how other modes are qualified, etc. I guess the lesson learned there is that if you are going to make a game with a ton of modes everything needs to tie together in interesting ways versus just saying "this game has 30 modes".

With Munsters I don't think 5 character modes is enough for $6k-$9k. Adding level 2 and level 3 modes to the character modes that just require more shots or need to be completed in less amount of time all while lacking their own unique animations and sounds isn't fun in my opinion. Deep and unique code adds value to a game and is part of the overall cost of a pin. I just don't see a lot of value being offered with Munsters due to the current state of its code. The level 2 and level 3 modes should at least offer their own unique animations and sounds.

#6511 5 years ago

I am one of those who didn't buy it because of code. The value holds solid with me, if they improve it great.

#6512 5 years ago

I put ten games on a pro the other day. I like pinball so I enjoyed Munsters just fine.

The thing that stood out to me is the big empty area where the lower playfield goes on the prem/le. It didn't really look bad in the pictures, but looks odd to me when playing. Hard to describe other than it's just a large are of the playfield with no lights. Sure there is artwork, which is nice, but it just feels odd to me.

Not trying to nitpick, just an observation.

I'd be curious to learn more about the scoring multipliers: Dwight seems big on those. I mostly was shooting around trying to do modes and see what the different shot did. It seems to shoot smoothly.

Overall, I'd say it's a fun game. Depending on what you like you may like it or love it. For me, I put it in the like category.

#6513 5 years ago

It’s all a games appeal of theme, sounds, layout, art, etc. vs boredom, rather than code depth. AFM, CFTBL, MM, MB fantastic layouts and just enough for one more game. Easy, not hard but simple code and it all works together for the show of that, “World under glass”.

TOTAN, TOM, SS, CV have what the above four have. However, something is slightly off. They end up sometimes for short time in a collection and not near the very top of polls or opinions of the hobby.

I’m waiting for my Munsters. I started the club. I’m slightly nervous by the incoming responses of code from peoples opinions I respect. I wasn’t exactly expecting Star Wars code depth. However, I’m hoping it functions like the first four classic games I mentioned. Fingers crossed.

#6514 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I put ten games on a pro the other day. I like pinball so I enjoyed Munsters just fine.
The thing that stood out to me is the big empty area where the lower playfield goes on the prem/le. It didn't really look bad in the pictures, but looks odd to me when playing. Hard to describe other than it's just a large are of the playfield with no lights. Sure there is artwork, which is nice, but it just feels odd to me.
Not trying to nitpick, just an observation.
I'd be curious to learn more about the scoring multipliers: Dwight seems big on those. I mostly was shooting around trying to do modes and see what the different shot did. It seems to shoot smoothly.
Overall, I'd say it's a fun game. Depending on what you like you may like it or love it. For me, I put it in the like category.

I kind of like the open space because it makes the game have more flow and it makes it faster seems like. Nothing worse than a big fat well walker stuck right in the middle of the playfield. This game is a smooth fast shooting game.

#6515 5 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

It’s all a games appeal of theme, sounds, layout, art, etc. vs boredom, rather than code depth. AFM, CFTBL, MM, MB fantastic layouts and just enough for one more game. Easy, not hard but simple code and it all works together for the show of that, “World under glass”.
TOTAN, TOM, SS, CV have what the above four have. However, something is slightly off. They end up sometimes for short time in a collection and not near the very top of polls or opinions of the hobby.
I’m waiting for my Munsters. I started the club. I’m slightly nervous by the incoming responses of code from peoples opinions I respect. I wasn’t exactly expecting Star Wars code depth. However, I’m hoping it functions like the first four classic games I mentioned. Fingers crossed.

Dont be nervous because this game is awesome!

#6516 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I kind of like the open space because it makes the game have more flow and it makes it faster seems like. Nothing worse than a big fat well walker stuck right in the middle of the playfield. This game is a smooth fast shooting game.

There are plenty of games that are open. No issues with that. It's more that the space feels unused because there are no lights or anything related to game play there. Maybe it's just me...

#6517 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Deep and unique code adds value to a game and is part of the overall cost of a pin. I just don't see a lot of value being offered with Munsters due to the current state of its code. The level 2 and level 3 modes should at least offer their own unique animations and sounds.

The value is it's the only Munsters pin out there! From most accounts it also shoots well and is a lot of fun.

I recently got a Full Throttle and my wife was commenting that it was refreshing to get a game with easy to understand yet fun to achieve rules.

#6518 5 years ago

Funny reading people outraged there is little code difference between levels 1-3. Especially since the rules structure is so similar with MBr which are also available, yet whose code will never change. In MBr you want to stack your characters before starting mini wizard mode. Repeat three cycles. See where I’m going with this? It’s the exact same.

Where have I seen this structure before? Oh yeah Borg did it on IM. You stack the characters before starting mini wizard mode. Repeat 3 times. IM won’t be getting any more updates and people are fine with that. Munsters is currently on par with those from a code perspective. Tons of video clips and sounds are there, maybe more than any game.

Chillax everything will be alright. and in better news .... Munsters code is being added to and adjusted. But even if it weren’t, the game feels done and is loads of fun.

#6519 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Funny reading people outraged there is little code difference between levels 1-3. Especially since the rules structure is so similar with MBr which are also available, yet whose code will never change. In MBr you want to stack your characters before starting mini wizard mode. Repeat three cycles. See where I’m going with this? It’s the exact same.
Where have I seen this structure before? Oh yeah Borg did it on IM. You stack the characters before starting mini wizard mode. Repeat 3 times. IM won’t be getting any more updates and people are fine with that. Munsters is currently on par with those from a code perspective. Tons of video clips and sounds are there, maybe more than any game.
Chillax everything will be alright. and in better news .... Munsters code is being added to and adjusted. But even if it weren’t, the game feels done and is loads of fun.

ok good point
except IM is a drain muns... heu monster of you wanna compare

#6520 5 years ago

Funny reading people outraged there is little code difference between levels 1-3. Especially since the rules structure is so similar with MBr which are also available, yet whose code will never change.

That and the price are the main reasons I never got a MB, gameplay didn't engage my interest enough to bring it home.

#6521 5 years ago

Funny to me how one or two guys come troll this thread like they have some sort of pinball insight and believe they know what people who make the games think
If stern called them for work they would shit their pants.

Comparing Munsters to Wheel of Fortune
What a fuck**g joke
Trolling 101

Code this and that and you see them trying to sell their WD
Probably got bored with it

#6522 5 years ago

Ok I have to admit I haven’t read every post of these 131 pages, so I’m sorry if this was already posted. However, since so many of you are worried about how the gameplay works I thought I would share the link for the official game play reveal from the designers and builders of The Munsters. The entire team is here. It sounds really cool and doesn’t really seem shallow to me but I am new to pinball and certainly no expert. I do know that everything I’ve seen about the game so far I really like.

#6523 5 years ago

I was fortunate enough to play the games at Helicon last night with my friend. Definitely lots of thoughts lingering for sure....

The game nails the art, presentation overall, and audio callouts, and I'm guessing only has room to develop overtime, to the level of where Batman 66 is at presently. I was worried about too many zany sound effects, and the laugh track, but things seemed fairly balanced, aside from a wacky slide whistle or two too many here and there.

I think we played maybe six or so games a piece, and neither of us made it to Munster Madness, as our skill level is fairly basic, but I did get a sense that we saw a good amount of what the game has to offer, overall. The Grandpa scoop was pretty easy to hit, as were both ramps. The targets on the left and right of the left stairway ramp sometimes deflect a shot a bit too much for my liking, and the power of shots on the right inverted ramp often doesn't flow hard enough to make the loop entirely, and feeds it back down at you. Not sure if that is a flipper strength issue or game design issue.

The Herman Bash toy feels a bit lifeless, and really would benefit from being a mech. It just kinda sits there, and feels a bit large and clunky for how little it does. Otherwise I liked how the color balance on the table was, and felt it was more subtle than the eye garish pop I feared.

I can't say much about code, depth or lack of it, but I can say I don't feel a strong, strong compulsion to play it again. I do, to an extent, to verify my feelings, but less so regarding feeling excitement over the shots, modes or overall feel of the game. We played Addams directly afterwards, and felt if the visual package above didn't exist on the Munsters, and overall audio feel, it wouldn't be that engaging to play, whereas the shots and modes on Addams had us really engaged, and after all of these years of playing it.

Currently, this feels like a game I'd play here and there on site, but wouldn't want to own. I went from wanting that LE on reveal day, then thinking a premium down the road when budgets worn a bit better, to now waiting to see what else develops throughout the rest of the year.

I did watch these French guys play, and they really nailed it, and had far, far more success than I had. I think my high game was towards ten million.

#6524 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was fortunate enough to play the games at Helicon last night with my friend. Definitely lots of thoughts lingering for sure....
The game nails the art, presentation overall, and audio callouts, and I'm guessing only has room to develop overtime, to the level of where Batman 66 is at presently. I was worried about too many zany sound effects, and the laugh track, but things seemed fairly balanced, aside from a wacky slide whistle or two too many here and there.
I think we played maybe six or so games a piece, and neither of us made it to Munster Madness, as our skill level is fairly basic, but I did get a sense that we saw a good amount of what the game has to offer, overall. The Grandpa scoop was pretty easy to hit, as were both ramps. The targets on the left and right of the left stairway ramp sometimes deflect a shot a bit too much for my liking, and the power of shots on the right inverted ramp often doesn't flow hard enough to make the loop entirely, and feeds it back down at you. Not sure if that is a flipper strength issue or game design issue.
The Herman Bash toy feels a bit lifeless, and really would benefit from being a mech. It just kinda sits there, and feels a bit large and clunky for how little it does. Otherwise I liked how the color balance on the table was, and felt it was more subtle than the eye garish pop I feared.
I can't say much about code, depth or lack of it, but I can say I don't feel a strong, strong compulsion to play it again. I do, to an extent, to verify my feelings, but less so regarding feeling excitement over the shots, modes or overall feel of the game. We played Addams directly afterwards, and felt if the visual package above didn't exist on the Munsters, and overall audio feel, it wouldn't be that engaging to play, whereas the shots and modes on Addams had us really engaged, and after all of these years of playing it.
Currently, this feels like a game I'd play here and there on site, but wouldn't want to own. I went from wanting that LE on reveal day, then thinking a premium down the road when budgets worn a bit better, to now waiting to see what else develops throughout the rest of the year.
I did watch these French guys play, and they really nailed it, and had far, far more success than I had. I think my high game was towards ten million.

Your high game was only 10 million and you think that you seen most of what the game has to offer?

I can appreciate anyone’s review and yours seemed well thought out but i have to respectfully disagree with most everything that you said. I would also take this game over Adams Family any day of the week.

#6525 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Hobbit's code was a mess prior to the last string of updates and a lot of owners were very unhappy. However, JJP really came through with several huge game changing updates over the past 6-9 months to tie all of the modes together, apply a ton of polish, fix bugs, add a super wizard mode, change how other modes are qualified, etc. I guess the lesson learned there is that if you are going to make a game with a ton of modes everything needs to tie together in interesting ways versus just saying "this game has 30 modes".
With Munsters I don't think 5 character modes is enough for $6k-$9k. Adding level 2 and level 3 modes to the character modes that just require more shots or need to be completed in less amount of time all while lacking their own unique animations and sounds isn't fun in my opinion. Deep and unique code adds value to a game and is part of the overall cost of a pin. I just don't see a lot of value being offered with Munsters due to the current state of its code. The level 2 and level 3 modes should at least offer their own unique animations and sounds.

I hate to say it, but the more I play it, the more Munsters feels like the launch of bare-bones Batman '66. Almost exactly, actually. The video clips are better integrated and more plentiful, but where in Batman'66 you did simple things to finish each of the 4 villains, then had the battle when they escaped, in Munsters, you do a few simple things to finish Spot, Herman, Grandpa, Raven, Lily then have Munster Madness. There's a few multiballs and that's about it aside from the boosts and multipliers. Like Batman'66, you can get through it one time in about 10-15 minutes and see pretty much all there is to see except the video clips for the level II run though. Give it 20-30 minutes and you've completely consumed the entire game's Level I and Level II content. And if you're a reasonable player, you can do this in the first day or two you have it. There's easy, and then there's empty. Munsters, like the launch Batman'66, is essentially empty. Bright spot is at least it wasn't $15k.

Dwight has a LOT of work to do to bring this up to even acceptable. He should chat with Lyman who has experience re-thinking Batman'66 and making it actually good.

#6526 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

The thing that stood out to me is the big empty area where the lower playfield goes on the prem/le. It didn't really look bad in the pictures, but looks odd to me when playing.

When the playfield's up, it looks even weirder. There's almost nothing under the playfield and only two node boards because there's so little to drive. Have a look:
munsters_pro_under_Pf_sml (resized).jpgmunsters_pro_under_Pf_sml (resized).jpg

#6527 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When the playfield's up, it looks even weirder. There's almost nothing under the playfield. Have a look:[quoted image]

Yeah. I could only guess, but assumed it looked like that. Appreciate the pic!

#6528 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hate to say it, but the more I play it, the more Munsters feels like the launch of bare-bones Batman '66. Almost exactly, actually.

The biggest difference is (and it’s huge) BM66 code was alpha (.64 if I recall) where Munsters is essentially done (.91). And then Lyman essentially started over en route to make Batman the game we have today.

Zero indication we will see any Lyman-like effort to fundamentally change the Munsters. Hope so, but not counting on it.

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The biggest difference is (and it’s huge) BM66 code was alpha (.64 if I recall) where Munsters is essentially done (.91). And then Lyman essentially started over en route to make Batman the game we have today.
Zero indication we will see any Lyman-like effort to fundamentally change the Munsters. Hope so, but not counting on it.

I dont get the whole ".91" code thing. It just seems like nothing more than a number to me, but hey if its a real thing that means we could have at least 9 more updates coming before we get to 1.0 right?

Im hoping they do a little more though because this game is well recieved by people and could easily go down as one of the all time greats with a little bit of code work.

#6530 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

...I did watch these French guys play, and they really nailed it, and had far, far more success than I had. I think my high game was towards ten million.

in this video, only Seb is a good player, all the others are casual (this is NOT to take as negative)

#6531 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hate to say it, but the more I play it, the more Munsters feels like the launch of bare-bones Batman '66. Almost exactly, actually. The video clips are better integrated and more plentiful, but where in Batman'66 you did simple things to finish each of the 4 villains, then had the battle when they escaped, in Munsters, you do a few simple things to finish Spot, Herman, Grandpa, Raven, Lily then have Munster Madness. There's a few multiballs and that's about it aside from the boosts and multipliers. Like Batman'66, you can get through it one time in about 10-15 minutes and see pretty much all there is to see except the video clips for the level II run though. Give it 20-30 minutes and you've completely consumed the entire game's Level I and Level II content. And if you're a reasonable player, you can do this in the first day or two you have it. There's easy, and then there's empty. Munsters, like the launch Batman'66, is essentially empty. Bright spot is at least it wasn't $15k.
Dwight has a LOT of work to do to bring this up to even acceptable. He should chat with Lyman who has experience re-thinking Batman'66 and making it actually good.

So you are saying you beat the all the level 2 modes? Bullshit.

#6532 5 years ago

How does .91 mean done?
Isn’t WD at 1.54
To me midnight madness being there tells me it will be removed when they do the biggest update like Star Wars they took it out when they added a bunch of rad stuff
I would also take this game over Adams Family
I some people bashing code for not being deep and trying to sell their WD at the same time

#6533 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Educate me how is .91 means done?
Isn’t WD at 1.54
To me midnight madness being there tells me it will be removed when they do the biggest update like Star Wars they took it out when they added a bunch of rad stuff
I would also take this game over Adams Family
I some people bashing code for not being deep and trying to sell their WD at the same time

I'm with you. I am Fine with people sharing their opinion (free country and all) just gets old when a few individuals need to Beat their opinion into you as Fact over and over and over again as if their opinion meant anything to a buyer? In my opinion like a new flavor of ice cream if you don't like it no worries but telling me its crap based on your taste is meaningless.... I for one love the game Stern produced and am excited to get mine soon. All based on My opinion and decision based on what I like!

#6534 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So you are saying you beat the all the level 2 modes? Bullshit.

I don't know if they were "conquered" but they were all lit (I and II, there is no III indicator) for every character, so pretty sure. It's NOT hard, though I did earn 2 extra balls (EB limit has been set to 2 instead of the factory 5). This is another case where it's like Batman'66 in that you can kind of make your own fun seeing how many multipliers you can stack, etc, but the character collection is straightforward and not very hard at all. Where you get into trouble and may not be able to complete everything in one game is by trying to make big multiplier stacks and boosts.

#6535 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

just gets old when a few individuals need to Beat their opinion into you as Fact over and over and over again as if their opinion meant anything to a buyer?

Becoming another haters thread...drained..hopefully 1313 clb doesn't get as infected

#6536 5 years ago

I was able to play a few games on a pro the other night on location. the good It looks nice, I liked the video clips ( I hope more are coming )
The bad, grandpa on the playfield didn't blend well and looked cut and pasted. If I were to buy one it would have to be a premium.
the laugh track.. that needs to be fixed.. I couldn't listen to that much more.. I'm no longer in a hurry to get one. I'll wait and see if it gets some stern love in the code department. but with there track record I'm not holding my breath. with Stern you better love it the way you bought so you won't be disappointed.
I liked it. I think for op's and on location this will be a big hit, I'm glad stern keeps cranking them out.

#6537 5 years ago

How does .91 mean done?

.91 doesn’t mean done and the release numbers are somewhat meaningless EXCEPT that George indicated not too long ago that 1.00 was going to be used to mean essentially feature complete. Given that you can surmise that a game at .91 is close to complete than one at .64

#6538 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I think for op's and on location this will be a big hit, I'm glad stern keeps cranking them out.

I'm super-interested to see how it does on location. We have a Pro for 4-6 weeks, then a Premium to replace it on the route I help with.

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Becoming another haters thread...drained..hopefully 1313 clb doesn't get as infected

At least in my case I'm not hating on it, but putting out much more information about how it works and what other pins it's like as I play more so people that may be making their only pin purchase for the year or many years have a more complete picture of what is and isn't there so they come into their purchase eyes-open.

And I haven't made a graph, so that's a good sign.

#6540 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

.91 doesn’t mean done and the release numbers are somewhat meaningless EXCEPT that George indicated not too long ago that 1.00 was going to be used to mean essentially feature complete. Given that you can surmise that a game at .91 is close to complete than one at .64

Ok then why is WD at 1.54 or whatever mine is.They updated that thing like a dozen times
And by “indicated” what does that mean?
Again I point to Satr Wars people worship that code and it didn’t start that way when I got it.
Someone can point to one game I choose to look at SW
Kinda just feels like it,not saying it is reality,but feels like some guys just want to criticize the shit out of anything stern related and say we,the buyers of this title,are somehow getting ripped off.

I listened to Maiden in their heyday,saw them live several times loved old Maiden.
But no matter how cool I thought it was they were making a game based on them and how great people were saying it was I didn’t want a monument to their music in my basement,but didn’t go out to try to tell people having fun with it that the art to me is really bad because it’s not Derek Riggs art and Maiden hasn’t made a good record in forever.
Let them have their fun.
I,for one,LOVE this theme and am very happy they made it and am buying the LE and hearing that it’s junk and having someone go so far as to say that they can “tell” Borg is “towing the company line” is laughable to say the least .

You don’t know what people are thinking and you certainly don’t know what’s coming.

Obviously this game has a lot going for it so let people have their day.These guys can wait for the next game and cream all over it cause Lyman is on it or hate it cause he is not.Like it more cause it’s Jaws or Elvira or hate it cause it’s not.

Having your say and having constructive criticism is cool and saying you don’t like the art or whatever is fine.

We all know what the game is right now and to keep coming back to repeat the same trash talk is just trolling

But,of course,I could be wrong and probably am

#6541 5 years ago

Ok then why is WD at 1.54 or whatever mine is.They updated that thing like a dozen times
And by “indicated” what does that mean?
Again I point to Satr Wars people worship that code and it didn’t start that way when I got it.
Someone can point to one game I choose to look at SW
Kinda just feels like it,not saying it is reality,but feels like some guys just want to criticize the shit out of anything stern related and say we,the buyers of this title,are somehow getting ripped off.
I listened to Maiden in their heyday,saw them live several times loved old Maiden.
But no matter how cool I thought it was they were making a game based on them and how great people were saying it was I didn’t want a monument to their music in my basement,but didn’t go out to try to tell people having fun with it that the art to me is really bad because it’s not Derek Riggs art and Maiden hasn’t made a good record in forever.
Let them have their fun.
I,for one,LOVE this theme and am very happy they made it and am buying the LE and hearing that it’s junk and having someone go so far as to say that they can “tell” Borg is “towing the company line” is laughable to say the least .
You don’t know what people are thinking and you certainly don’t know what’s coming.
Obviously this game has a lot going for it so let people have their day.These guys can wait for the next game and cream all over it cause Lyman is on it or hate it cause he is not.Like it more cause it’s Jaws or Elvira or hate it cause it’s not.
Having your say and having constructive criticism is cool and saying you don’t like the art or whatever is fine.
We all know what the game is right now and to keep coming back to repeat the same trash talk is just trolling
But,of course,I could be wrong and probably am

Every game that comes out has some kind of controversy. Its just the nature of this site. I have even been guilty of it myself but i usually just say what I want to say and i dont keep harping about it. I like the Munsters game and im buying one, i dont care what people say about it. I know its not perfect but it just came out and hopefully they will improve some things. Its pretty sweet though right now i think. Dont let it get you down and enjoy your game!

#6542 5 years ago

This will likely be an epic release for all 3 models. From watching all 3 streams, the Premium/ LE, make this great as the code is finished.

#6543 5 years ago

I mean it would seem more helpful to add what you think a game needs instead of tearing it down .
Obviously some have way more knowledge as to what would improve these new games

#6544 5 years ago

IM won’t be getting any more updates.

Wrong.

#6545 5 years ago

Falcon P ... tell use what you heard. Any chance of an GOT update as well?

#6546 5 years ago

No, I don’t. But I never claimed too.

I too love the theme. I really enjoyed the few games I have played so far.

I was planning to buy Day 1, but have decided to wait and see what happens with the code because I’m concerned it will get old FOR ME at home if the current code is pretty close to all there is going to be. My impression is that this is similar to a modern Monster Bash, a game I coveted for years, but lasted a very short time when it was in my game room. Not sure how that makes me a basher ...

I may still get a Premium or a Pro, but they will be making them for years. I don’t have to have one tomorrow.

#6547 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hate to say it, but the more I play it, the more Munsters feels like the launch of bare-bones Batman '66. Almost exactly, actually. The video clips are better integrated and more plentiful, but where in Batman'66 you did simple things to finish each of the 4 villains, then had the battle when they escaped, in Munsters, you do a few simple things to finish Spot, Herman, Grandpa, Raven, Lily then have Munster Madness. There's a few multiballs and that's about it aside from the boosts and multipliers. Like Batman'66, you can get through it one time in about 10-15 minutes and see pretty much all there is to see except the video clips for the level II run though. Give it 20-30 minutes and you've completely consumed the entire game's Level I and Level II content. And if you're a reasonable player, you can do this in the first day or two you have it. There's easy, and then there's empty. Munsters, like the launch Batman'66, is essentially empty.

Are you saying you got all the way through everything by playing the game? Hmm, in the H2H podcast, Dwight mentioned that both Tim Sexton and Keith Elwin had yet to get through and finish the Level II content in any one game yet. Given that they are both world class players I find it hard to believe that any "reasonable player" will be able to do what you are describing "in the first day or two", if ever.

#6548 5 years ago

I mean it would seem more helpful to add what you think a game needs instead of tearing it down .

Drop targets.....lol, has that been mentioned already?

#6549 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When the playfield's up, it looks even weirder. There's almost nothing under the playfield and only two node boards because there's so little to drive. Have a look:
[quoted image]

Wow, that is sparse, even for a pro.

Edit: Having said that, AC/DC pro and SWpro would probably look the same.

#6550 5 years ago

You realize IM is Iron Man, right? If the game isn’t finished after nine years, then something really is Wrong. These utes weren’t even conceived when the game was initially released.

B7875A20-5581-4FC4-AE3E-CDDCF98A7DA2 (resized).jpegB7875A20-5581-4FC4-AE3E-CDDCF98A7DA2 (resized).jpeg

Iron Man is so old ... when it was vaulted, it ran on SAM boards. Not Spike 2, not Spike 1 but SAM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.