(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 164.
#6451 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Deep code will almost always tip the scale for a home buyer.

Not for this guy. My scale is weighed by fun, not deep code.

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Why not....both?

Hoping to try this tonight or tomorrow.....!

#6453 5 years ago

Can't agree more. Example Hobbit. Love the theme and it is an artistic marvel. Just couldn't wrap my head around the 500 levels of strategy and modes let alone trying to explain any part of it to visitors. They would often be pushing the start button on the next game over before I got through explaining the skill shot. lol Rules are fun but to me they have a limit before taking away some of the basic fun of Pinball.

#6454 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The grace period on the super skillshot is SUPER long - like 15 seconds or something. I was surprised by that. When you have all that time and can miss and keep trying during the grace period, why WOULDN'T you select that every time.

No ball save tho so its risky

#6455 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

please stop recommending that spray and wax crap. Most contain silicone and are NOT what you should be putting on a pf.
Regular 100% caranuba wax is the right stuff

Good information,Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this !!

I Caranuba wax a couple times a year and use this for a quickie here and there. Jersey Jack Pinball is where I heard of it.

What about the Wizards Mist-N-Shine

Wizards (resized).pngWizards (resized).png
#6456 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The grace period on the super skillshot is SUPER long - like 15 seconds or something. I was surprised by that. When you have all that time and can miss and keep trying during the grace period, why WOULDN'T you select that every time.

I'm pretty sure it is 10 seconds on all of the pro skill shots.

#6457 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I'm pretty sure it is 10 seconds on all of the pro skill shots.

I need to time it, it seems like FOREVER, and the fact that you can miss and keep trying is weird. I prefer the Iron Maiden way where if it hits a different switch, Super Skill shot ends. That's it.

When this gets put on location today or tomorrow, a minimal ball save of 3-4 seconds will be on. No ball save at all is too abusive for routes, IMO. Besides, the video clip for ball save is cute.

#6458 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

please stop recommending that spray and wax crap. Most contain silicone and are NOT what you should be putting on a pf.

As a soon to be new owner of a pin... LE.. where I can get info on maintenance etc?

#6459 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

As a soon to be new owner of a pin... LE.. where I can get info on maintenance etc?

There's a bit much here and some of the usual exaggerations but you'll find that anywhere.
Short : Novus 1 & 2, pure carnuba (sp) Wax

Long: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#6460 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I need to time it, it seems like FOREVER, and the fact that you can miss and keep trying is weird. I prefer the Iron Maiden way where if it hits a different switch, Super Skill shot ends. That's it.
When this gets put on location today or tomorrow, a minimal ball save of 3-4 seconds will be on. No ball save at all is too abusive for routes, IMO. Besides, the video clip for ball save is cute.

If you hit another skill shot target, or start a monster, see Herman, it stops.

#6461 5 years ago

Amen Brother! Like i said in my review, if you dont like Munsters then you probably dont like pinball! Munsters is awesome!

#6462 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Amen Brother! Like i said in my review, if you dont like Munsters then you probably dont like pinball! Munsters is awesome!

Say it again brother!

#6463 5 years ago

Ball save can be set up to 15 seconds

#6464 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Why not....both?
Hoping to try this tonight or tomorrow.....!

Deep code may or may not equate to fun. So, not a requirement for me.

Deep code is also less ideal for guests.

I really enjoyed the LOTR I formerly owned, but eventually got tired of the long games. Deep code requires delving deep and I'm usually not in the mood for a marathon.

#6465 5 years ago

Got one on location just a few miles away. I'll probably go check it out tonight.

#6466 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Got one on location just a few miles away. I'll probably go check it out tonight.

Report back and give us a review when.you do!

#6467 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Report back abd give us a review when.you do!

Definitely will.

#6468 5 years ago

Can’t get this pin out of my head

#6469 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Can’t get this pin out of my head

Me either. I want one bad!

#6470 5 years ago

The game looks sweet overall, but the brown “GUI” on the LCD looks very bad in my opinion. It’s helpful, but it is visually unappealing. Is this an unpopular opinion?

#6471 5 years ago

Mark your calendars and come visit Madison next weekend for the double Launch Party!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2249890825266413/

#6472 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The DRAGULA inserts on Munsters can now be colorized to match the flame artwork on the playfield behind them

Pin Monk-those are pretty cool

Question-Can you make me a bracket for my GOTG for the Star-lord eyes. They are supposed to be red and Stern made them orange. I am OCD and want to change them out. Can you make a filter to change to red? Thanks-sorry to be off topic

#6473 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Pin Monk-those are pretty cool
Question-Can you make me a bracket for my GOTG for the Star-lord eyes. They are supposed to be red and Stern made them orange. I am OCD and want to change them out. Can you make a filter to change to red? Thanks-sorry to be off topic

I can do pretty much any bracket like that. PM me and we'll work it out.

#6474 5 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

The game looks sweet overall, but the brown “GUI” on the LCD looks very bad in my opinion. It’s helpful, but it is visually unappealing. Is this an unpopular opinion?

It's a broken GUI, yes, but better than some of the initial Stern Spike efforts. All their Spike efforts are nowhere NEAR the level of polish JJP has for their GUIs. JJP CLEARLY puts professional time and money into each one. Iron Maiden is the best use of the Spike screen to date. Munsters is somewhere in the also-rans so far.

#6475 5 years ago

If isn’t fun, I’m not buying it in the first place no matter how deep the code.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6476 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If isn’t fun, I’m not buying it in the first place no matter how deep the code.

Hey do you want a fun game with shallow code or a turd with a deep code? Take your pick because you cant have your cake and eat it too!

#6477 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey do you want a fun game with shallow code or a turd with a deep code? Take your pick because you cant have your cake and eat it too!

Huh?

#6478 5 years ago

I was telling him that he cant have a great game and deep code both. He can have a shitty game with deep code or a cool game with a shallow code but not both!

Wake up PW! Did you order your Munsters game yet?

#6479 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Agreed - no game needs to be the total package. Instead - every good game MUST offer something distinctive or something new or something that makes you go Wow! Since this revelation came to me in the Munsters thread, can anybody tell me what one thing that makes Munsters Pro unique and worthy of a place in my collection?

Anybody else wanna weigh in?

#6480 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was telling him that he cant have a great game and deep code both. He can have a shitty game with deep code or a cool game with a shallow code but not both!
Wake up PW! Did you order your Munsters game yet?

I am not ordering Munsters because I don't like pinball

Ha

Wont know till I play a premium

I sorta want to order something now. My 40th is nearing. If I want a game to arrive by then I only have a few days to decide. But Munsters premium wont be out by then.

Paralysis by analysis

#6481 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ha
I sorta want to order something now. My 40th is nearing. If I want a game to arrive by then I only have a few days to decide. But Munsters premium wont be out by then.
Paralysis by analysis

As much fun as i had on the.pro the other night i think the pro will do me fine.

#6482 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ha
Paralysis by analysis

Go with your gut Curly.

Don’t make it AFMr imo though

As great as it is, mine is gone I don’t regret it one bit

#6483 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your logic is flawed. If I think a game is a turd I’m never going to buy it even if it has deep code.

I’m not saying I won’t buy a game with shallow code if I think it’s fun. One of my favorite games is CFTBL. Not sure there is a modern SS game that has shallower code. It has great theme integration and I love to play it. It will be one of the last games to leave my collection.

I’m saying that if I’m going to buy a new game at today’s prices - and displace a game I already love - it has to have everything for me and have a strong chance of being a long term keeper. It has less chance of being a keeper with shallow code because part of the fun for me is challenging myself to get to stuff I’ve never or rarely done before.

#6484 5 years ago

When updating the code, do you have to switch the dip switch settings? I have the usb in, turn on the game and it just boots right up. Bypasses the usb..

20190131_150523 (resized).jpg20190131_150523 (resized).jpg
#6485 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When updating the code, do you have to switch the dip switch settings? I have the usb in, turn on the game and it just boots right up. Bypasses the usb..
[quoted image]

Did you drag the download over with your mouse and drop them into the USB folder?

#6486 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

No need to change dip switches. Either the game doesn’t recognize the code on the USB stick (usually because it wasn’t loaded properly), the USB stick itself is bad or unrecognized (probably because it’s too big) or the USB port you are using on the CPU board is bad (try the other one)

Hint - run a USB extension cable from the backbox to the coin door down the left inside of the cabinet. Makes code updates much easier.

#6487 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

You have to have identical USB sticks for it to work with double pro’s

#6488 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just curious as JJP has recommended Wizards Mist N Shine for years. Is that considered a safe spray wax to use on playfields regardless of manufacturer?

#6489 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just curious as JJP has recommended Wizards Mist N Shine for years. Is that considered a safe spray wax to use on playfields regardless of manufacturer?

Well you see how their PFs hold up Panzer

I’d be hitting it with pure carnuna wax and throwing the other garbage away

#6490 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

And W/B said to use Wildcat #135 for decades

#6491 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

USB might be too large, not formatted Fat32, or a brand Spike doesn't like. What size it it? Brand? Is it formatted Fat32?

#6492 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's pretty easy to boil down..
Look at a game like TWD... brutal play and complex rules as to why/when things happen. The casual to middle of the pack have no idea what is going on and the game gets a general 'meh' from a large portion of the population. But player players love it. The difference between mediocre
A game like munsters is simple and easy to get to the 'satisfying' rewards. It's pretty... the theme is relatively accessible as well. So it will be appealing to a WIDER audience than TWD was... even if TWD is a "better' game.
Point being... what defines "good" or "best" depends on what you are trying to achieve or what you value. Not everyone values the same things, or to the same degree.
It's why games like Theatre of Magic still demand a premium vs other games that are significantly "better" games in terms of rules, strategy, toys, sound, etc.
TL : DR - "Different Strokes for Different Folks"

Are you sure you’re not on Stern’s payroll? Lol

You’re trying to explain away a currently shallow coded game as okay. Again it’s only okay if they charge a great deal less.

Appears Munsters is a great location table. Throw in some dollars, have fun. Danger of shallow code in a home environment is boredom setting in, unless deep code is there like Batman keeping you coming back. Batman is a good example of all types of players being satisfied. No one has to make up explanations for shallow code on Batman, because Lyman doesn’t do shallow code. Price is somewhat justified with Batman for home.

#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Make sure you have only the .spk file(or files) on the root level of the thumb drive. They can’t be in a folder of any sort. Often the Stern Update files unzip to a folder. Drag them out of the folder to the root level of the USB drive.

#6494 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re trying to explain away a currently shallow coded game as okay. Again it’s only okay if they charge a great deal less.
Appears Munsters is a great location table. Throw in some dollars, have fun. Danger of shallow code in a home environment is boredom setting in, unless deep code is there like Batman keeping you coming back. Batman is a good example of all types of players being satisfied. No one has to make up explanations for shallow code on Batman, because Lyman doesn’t do shallow code. Price is somewhat justified with Batman for home.

Shallower code sucks on home environment for some maybe but it works fine for most people . Cgc seems to he doing well selling remakes from the 90s with similar code? Also most 70s/80s/90s games are very popular and continue to rise in price and munsters has more code than most of those. Munsters pro is cheaper than cgc pins and many older pins now.

#6495 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That may be true for you but it isn't for others. I like having easy, fun games because I like having friends over to flip, and almost all of them are casual players to whom deep code doesn't matter.

#6496 5 years ago

Game looks awesome, can't wait for the LEs!!

20190201_131522 (resized).jpg20190201_131522 (resized).jpg20190201_131531 (resized).jpg20190201_131531 (resized).jpg20190201_144832 (resized).jpg20190201_144832 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1549088932312 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1549088932312 (resized).jpg
#6497 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you sure you’re not on Stern’s payroll

Worst Stern staff meeting presentation evar

#6498 5 years ago

So Level II does have different content in the form of clips (hurryups, etc), but it's really not different enough to be satisfying. It really needs an amped up light show or something else to make it feel like anything but doing the same thing you did to complete level I and get to Munster Madness. This really feels like "dark period" Stern code and toys when they were about to go under like 2008ish and Gary laid down the edict that every player should be able to experience most or all of the game features on each game (a terrible idea). Any of these gems from that period get you excited?

Wheel of Fortune
Indiana Jones
CSI
NBA
Buck Hunter Pro

Given that Dwight has cranked out WAY more engaging code for Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars (even though SW isn't my cup of tea), Munsters is embarrassing. I REALLY REALLY hope it breaks the Dwight standard and gets a substantial round of improvements - it DESPERATELY needs it, especially since the great sales start can be killed dead by poor word of mouth. Ask anyone who bought X-MEN. Even though it was eventually fixed, it took too long and killed the reputation of that title.

#6499 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So Level II does have different content in the form of clips, but it's really not different enough to be satisfying. It really needs an amped up light show or something else to make it feel like anything but doing the same thing you did to complete level I and get to Munster Madness. This really feels like "dark period" Stern code and toys when they were about to go under like 2008ish and Gary laid down the edict that every player should be able to experience most or all of the game features on each game (a terrible idea). Any of these gems from that period get you excited?
Wheel of Fortune
Indiana Jones
CSI
NBA
Buck Hunter Pro
Given that Dwight has cranked out more engaging code for Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars (even though SW isn't my cup of tea), Munsters is embarrassing. I REALLY REALLY hope it breaks the Dwight standard and gets a substantial round of improvements - it DESPERATELY needs it, especially since the great sales start can be killed dead by poor word of mouth. Ask anyone who bought X-MEN. Even though it was eventually fixed, it took too long and killed the reputation of that title.

Surely the great possibilities of a magnificent theme cannot simply just be held to ransom by one man. I so want this game but not as it stands

Where TF is John Borg?
I would be screaming in the face of someone that gave my design (seemingly) so little.

#6500 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Surely the great possibilities of a magnificent theme cannot simply just be held to ransom by one man. I so want this game but not as it stands
Where TF is John Borg?
I would be screaming in the face of someone that gave my design (seemingly) so little.

I'm hoping Dwight has a couple jr programmers to help shore things up. The title needs pretty major additional code work that's not so dependant on multipliers. The multiplier stacking gives it a very Ghostbusters feel, and not in a good way - where you suddenly are getting 20 million bonuses and it doesn't feel like they were earned.

Borg promoted the title happily on the Premium version livestream with Dwight, so he's towing the company line, at least. I really hope they fix the issues and make the game great, because there is a huge amount of charm and goodwill that comes with the license, and lots of the clips bring a smile to my face.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/130?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.