(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 164.
#601 5 years ago

It would be cool if somehow a staircase opens up for a ball lock. Like how Herman does in the opening credits.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It would be cool if somehow a staircase opens up for a ball lock. Like how Herman does in the opening credits.

I told Borg if there's no mid-ramp trap door, he's failed.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Recycle the mech from the walking dead.....Instead of the bash the zombie head, its light up eyes spot, who roars, when hit.

Now, Id love a lower level for Grandpa's Basement....Make a Potion, Smash the Lab, Help Herman modes.

Make a Potion: Repeated lower level visits while holding ingredient from upper, and add to Potion
(Sounds and Lights like a Laboratory)
Smash The Lab: Smash Frenzy, Smashing Glass Sounds!!
Help Herman: Different shots needed, when a Specific Mode is active on Playfield, requiring a Lower level
visit to complete the mode!

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I told Borg if there's no mid-ramp trap door, he's failed.

Borg is such a great designer. I know this game will be a hit. Been collecting cans and saving all my money from my paper route so I can get this game when it comes out.

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Recycle the mech from the walking dead.....Instead of the bash the zombie head, its light up eyes spot, who roars, when hit.

Now, Id love a lower level for Grandpa's Basement....Make a Potion, Smash the Lab, Help Herman modes.

oooo those are great ideas!

#607 5 years ago

Hopefully they give Borg and Dwight enough time to really design and code this pin.

If they do, it’s going to be a home run!

There are so many great ideas for this pin.

#608 5 years ago

They should do The Monkees next to go along with The Munsters next to a Batman 66 and Gilligans Island.

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

They should do The Monkees next to go along with The Munsters next to a Batman 66 and Gilligans Island.

Noone wants to see that happen.

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Noone wants to see that happen.

No one? As an absolute statement, it's likely wrong (but no, I personally don't want to see that).

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one? As an absolute statement, it's likely wrong (but no, I personally don't want to see that).

He didn't say no one.

He said Noone.

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He didn't say no one.
He said Noone.

"No one" is right.
"No-one" is an uncommon variant form. It’s best to stick to the two-word version.
"Noone" is wrong.

So in either case/form the statement is wrong.

#614 5 years ago

You mean that you guys wouldn’t like to hear “Hey hey we’re the monkeys and people say we monkey around....but we’re too busy singing to put anybody down”..........over and over and over again??

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I think that is pretty much a "gotta have" for this theme, even though Spot played very little roll in the series. Probably the other thing they could use for a ball lock is the coffin phone booth.

#616 5 years ago

I’m more of a Sid & Marty Kroft Guy. Can we get a Land Of The Lost, Sigmund The Seamonster, Dr Shrinker, HR Puff N Stuff machine? The shooter could be the talking flute

B2C0067D-8639-4D6F-B47C-BF3C86B39B65 (resized).jpegB2C0067D-8639-4D6F-B47C-BF3C86B39B65 (resized).jpeg
#617 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I sure hope so! I would love to see Brian Eddy do it. Have spot come out of the staircase breathing fire! Maybe have an under playfield sorta like Haunted House for Grandpas lab! They need to do it right though. Use the second seasons theme the one with the electric guitar!

Yep the pro and premium will be drastically different

This will be the haunted house mansion 1313 Mockingbird Lane under glass

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m more of a Sid & Marty Kroft Guy. Can we get a Land Of The Lost, Sigmund The Seamonster, Dr Shrinker, HR Puff N Stuff machine? The shooter could be the talking flute

Oh man! that would be amazing!
Yeah Im not to sure I'd want a Monkees pin, but it crossed my mind with all the other 60's TV shows.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I am usually a Pro guy. I'll maybe have to wait and see what the Pro vs the Premium looks like.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

[quoted image]

Talking "flute", classic.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Talking "flute", classic.

That flute would quickly work me into a rage every time I watched an episode. I hate that frickin flute.

HR Puff N Stuff machine would be choice. Throw in some Peewee Herman and it would be a must buy for me. Let's call it Peewee's Puff N Stuff! Psychedelic mushroom trips and cloaked gay characters these shows were all good fun. Loosely written scripts and zany characters doing their daily craze. Cant remember the music they used but can guess it would be annoying. Oh well that doesn't need to be included.

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Noone" is wrong.

If a Monkees pin is in the works, a Herman's Hermits pin cannot be far behind.

I stand by my statement. Noone wants to see that. And Noone is never wrong.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Williams always used to tout that 3k units per title was breakeven point.

then how do boutiques stay in business selling perhaps only 500?

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta be a Borg/Dwight home run right.

thurmanmunster71 (resized).jpgthurmanmunster71 (resized).jpg
#625 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

then how do boutiques stay in business selling perhaps only 500?

Less overhead less employees

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

But not the artwork? Same

#627 5 years ago

It’ll be a super LE or premium only.

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

It’ll be a super LE or premium only.

Beatles, yes. Munsters, no.

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If a Monkees pin is in the works, a Herman's Hermits pin cannot be far behind.
I stand by my statement. Noone wants to see that. And Noone is never wrong.

Where is Odin? He can make sense of it all!

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ooh, I can't wait. Can you see it rivalling Iron Maiden in popularity?

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Where is Odin? He can make sense of it all!

He’s busy digging his new Supreme Noone Lagoon!
I personally can’t wait for the ribbon cutting ceremony slated for summer 2019!

#632 5 years ago

Can someone pm me the pics?

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

They are on the last post of page 11.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You can almost hear Pinside's "level of interest" indicator swing wildly.

But in typical fashion, the complaint committee will be in full force when game gets released....

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

They are on the last post of page 11.

Or just view this thread's gallery (see top of page).

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Or just view this thread's gallery (see top of page).

Some people just read the last page of threads so I imagine some may not even see the thread's gallery either. Just an observation.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Some people just read the last page of threads so I imagine some may not even see the thread's gallery either. Just an observation.

Yep. Unfortunately, more users apparently need to make themselves aware of the various features offered on Pinside that will save them time (and frustration in many cases) in the long run.

#638 5 years ago

These leaked pictures look as though a home-use photoshopper could have made them. If they are leaked from Stern, it’s only the artwork and some concepts (powder coating on a premium?). “Real” photos, not digital renderings, will convince me how far along the concept really is. Art can easily change for production.

In any case, SO cool to see what might be coming. Not sure about the theme yet but then again I wasn’t sure about IM or DP and I own then both.

Waiting for that white wood leaked photo.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Would it be safe to assume then that the Pro won't have a sub-PF for Grandpa's basement while Prem/LE do (similar to ACDC)?

Also this game needs cobwebs... lots of cobwebs. Maybe a dust effect on the plastics too.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Would it be safe to assume then that the Pro won't have a sub-PF for Grandpa's basement while Prem/LE do (similar to ACDC)?

Is that speculated... more "wishful thinking" feature fact allready?

#641 5 years ago

Let’s hope they don’t cost cut this title into oblivion. The license itself provides plenty of chances to be special. With a team of Borg and Dwight it has all sorts of potential!

I’m sure we’ve “lost” out on a lot of cool stuff over the last few years due to the above mentioned practice. Definitely run by the bean counters now.
My personal opinion, recent Sterns all feel $100-200 short on the BOM. While our tangible price paid keeps going up and up.

An extra $100 or so on the playfield could turn what was ok into really good, and equate to additional pins sold. Let’s be realistic, we’d certainly see and feel it if they did.

The tight budget they force upon each title is making them so homongenus.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Let’s hope they don’t cost cut this title into oblivion. The license itself provides plenty of chances to be special. With a team of Borg and Dwight it has all sorts of potential!
I’m sure we’ve “lost” out on a lot of cool stuff over the last few years due to the above mentioned practice. Definitely run by the bean counters now.
My personal opinion, recent Sterns all feel $100-200 short on the BOM. While our tangible price paid keeps going up and up.
An extra $100 or so on the playfield could turn what was ok into really good, and equate to additional pins sold. Let’s be realistic, we’d certainly see and feel it if they did.
The tight budget they force upon each title is making them so homongenus.

I don't neccesarily agree (in full) since Stern is backpedalling, giving us things like wireform ramps and service rails back.

But yes kinda wish they'd do a mindblowing new great mech 'more often'. (Not saying they don't have them.)

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is that speculated... more "wishful thinking" feature fact allready?

It's hard to show, but I was quoting a response to someone asking someone "in the know" specifically about things like Grandpa's basement, and the response was that it would be very "Haunted House" in nature. Obviously just fishing for information, but it seemed like something very close to a confirmation.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's hard to show, but I was quoting a response to someone asking someone "in the know" ...

Didn't know that he was "in the know". I just thought he was making up (good) ideas with his ****.

-> I have lots of GREAT ideas for Superman, but I know they will never make it in the game!

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't neccesarily agree (in full) since Stern is backpedalling, giving us things like wireform ramps and service rails back.
But yes kinda wish they'd do a mindblowing new great mech 'more often'. (Not saying they don't have them.)

Service rails are great. Glad they are back on Pros. But we had them in the past. For what the cost of the machines are now, we're paying for them twice

100% agree on your last point. I'm sure they have some mindblowing mechs and the ability to create more. We seldom see them. They get left on the cost cutting room floor. When you strip so much, and so often, it doesn't leave much room for "the magic" to happen. Like trying to force a watermelon through a keyhole.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's hard to show, but I was quoting a response to someone asking someone "in the know" specifically about things like Grandpa's basement, and the response was that it would be very "Haunted House" in nature. Obviously just fishing for information, but it seemed like something very close to a confirmation.

Crazy to think how Stern could implement a 3-story playfield structure at the current price points.

Perhaps the Pro is lacking the lower playfield, while keeping the upper. Or Vice Versa.

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Crazy to think how Stern could implement a 3-story playfield structure at the current price points.
Perhaps the Pro is lacking the lower playfield, while keeping the upper. Or Vice Versa.

Aerosmith is the only Borg game I can think of that has an upper playfiled. Has he ever done a lower playfield design?

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Service rails are great. Glad they are back on Pros. But we had them in the past. For what the cost of the machines are now, we're paying for them twice

100% agree on your last point. I'm sure they have some mindblowing mechs and the ability to create more. We seldom see them. They get left on the cost cutting room floor. When you strip so much, and so often, it doesn't leave much room for "the magic" to happen. Like trying to force a watermelon through a keyhole.

Problem is you can't nowadays compare abaout everything else (mass manufactured manufatured in China) to a pinball machine, built by hand and in the US (whereby there will be a reason the language on the assembly line seems to be spanish). So a pinball machine is not that expensive in comparison if you take that into account. And Stern needs the "on location" so with everything they make they have to bear the pro model in mind.

Every designer says they start with the Premium and then downgrade but I don't quite believe that seeing the changes gameplaywise are mostly minor... as long if your name is not Steve Ritchie (just throwing out upper or lower playfield or toy like hyperloop alltogether).

Batman 66 is different. But that gigantic mech (hate it if you like but as a mech it's astonishing) would not have been built if there had to be a pro model.

#649 5 years ago

I truthfully dont want a lower playfield because i just dont like them. You dont have to have a lower playfield to have grandpas basement. That could be shown on animation after shooting the ball into the basement.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truthfully dont want a lower playfield because i just dont like them. You dont have to have a lower playfield to have grandpas basement. That could be shown on animation after shooting the ball into the basement.

"Take that physicality off my pinball machine!!!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.