(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 164.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I hope the Munsters has a Woof Woof in it.

He’s at least in Eddie’s arms at the bottom portion of the left side of the premium head art as well as rolling with Eddie in the Koach and again in his arms on the premium translite.

Thanks for saving me money yet again Gary for not making a MUST HAVE LE package.
Premium for the wiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn!!!
*Munsters outtro music*

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The last one was TERRIBLE. I hope they do a LOT better if they're trying another Munsters TV show again...

Im not sure if its going to happen or not but there was some talk of it. I would love to see some of these old shows come back. They would probably screw it up though like you said. The biggest thing i hate about todays tv shows is the commercials. A 30 minute show has 15 minutes of commercials.

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I don't know the current sales... But, I think 12k is a bit high for sales...
Don't know... I would think 4-8k is the normal range for stern right now... But, again I don't know. But, I do think you're right about the MBr numbers.
But, I do think they'll be selling the MBr numbers for a longer time than the munsters.

They shipped just over 10k pins in 2017.

#554 5 years ago

What do people think of what looks like a black/white video?

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IMDN is really going to boost sales for 2018 also. They are still in high demand from what im hearing.

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Don't waste your time with that place. Too many hoops to jump through on that closed shop and the entire signup process is degrading in itself.
Here you go.
If the attached pics arbitrarily disappear from this post for whatever reason (most likely sour grapes) then PM me. And remember to (quietly) thank Kaneda for the pic leak.
[quoted image][quoted image]

We will see if they let them stay posted.

#557 5 years ago

I think the LE looks pretty nice...Brass armor and coin door?...hmmm

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

We will see if they let them stay posted.

They wont .....better save the images if you want to keep them lol

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

And remember to (quietly) thank Kaneda for the pic leak.

It's weird that Kaneda went to the trouble to leak it, but then left the pro version out, that was clearly in the original that was chopped up.

And what's "the largest podcast listening base" a few thousand people at most? It's a niche of a niche of a niche. Hardly anything to get to puffed up about.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes, 10k pins total??? As in all of their sales? Because, I would think Stern would aim to sell 3k on each pin they develop if not more.
I know the sales are not what they use to be, but I would think 3k would be minimum production goal.
Would really love to know the current sales figures of their games. Just curious is all.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from PinMonk:

And what's "the largest podcast listening base" a few thousand people at most? It's a niche of a niche of a niche. Hardly anything to get to puffed up about.

Depends what the basis for comparison is I guess.

Quoted from Diospinball:

Yes, 10k pins total??? As in all of their sales? Because, I would think Stern would aim to sell 3k on each pin they develop if not more.
I know the sales are not what they use to be, but I would think 3k would be minimum production goal.
Would really love to know the current sales figures of their games. Just curious is all.

Williams always used to tout that 3k units per title was breakeven point.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

I spoke with a person about pinball... And he said in the 90s the game designers were paid an extra stipend for every sale over 4k. That it was an incentive for them to do there best work, so they could make more money.
So if you had a hit like say Twilight Zone then you could actually do something real nice with your bonus like buy a house. And I know actually that the sales were a bit disappointing due to the everything and a kitchen sink package expensive toy package, regardless it still sold a lot. They were hoping it would sell greater than Adam's Family, but still I think its silly to be disappointed that you didn't sell more units than the best selling pinball game ever.
Just the scuttlebutt I heard is all.
So I figure any pinball game with 5k plus would be a decent hit.

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

$3k 1990 dollars is about $5700 in 2018 dollars, and Stern is charging $7500ish for mechanically inferior (to B/W build quality) Premiums, so if that was the Williams metric, Stern's break even is probably under 2000 units.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$3k 1990 dollars is about $5700 in 2018 dollars, and Stern is charging $7500ish for mechanically inferior (to B/W build quality) Premiums, so their break even is probably under 2000 units.

Okay. Just curious though what the current sales per titles are.
Also, it appears like the production runs are much longer now. It used to be it was made in that year and then never again.
It appears now that Stern will keep making em, so long as the demand is strong enough.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay. Just curious though what the current sales per titles are.

Aren't we all. No one outside Stern is getting the real numbers so all we can do is estimate sales relative to other titles ("Better than Metallica" or, heaven forbid, "Worse than WWE LE").

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Of course it was. He has the largest podcast listening base by a wide margin so it makes sense from a strategic sales point.
Only part more funny in this thread are the also rans trying to steal his thunder with subterfuge.

Hmmm, does anyone think Stern would involve K in this kind of marketing strategy?

K was very unhappy at being blocked by Stern ( cancelled interviews etc ), and he did infer in a podcast that he could have a pop at them.

If this is the case, this won't end well!

#567 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hmmm, does anyone think Stern would involve K in this kind of marketing strategy?
K was very unhappy at being blocked by Stern ( cancelled interviews etc ), and he did infer in a podcast that he could have a pop at them.
If this is the case, this won't end well!

I don't think it was Kaneda, although Stern will happily blame him to justify the punitive ban of his podcast.
In my opinion is pure marketing from Stern just to kill the growing hype on the "new and shinny toy" MBr and some of the sales of Pirates.

Musters was the worst kept secret in the industry, at this stage a leak could only benefit them.

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

I don't think it was Kaneda, although Stern will happily blame him to justify the punitive ban of his podcast.
In my opinion is pure marketing from Stern just to kill the growing hype on the "new and shinny toy" MBr and some of the sales of Pirates.
Musters was the worst kept secret in the industry, at this stage a leak could only benefit them.

Could be.

And at last Munsters Gold LE really does look like an LE.

#569 5 years ago

I'm actually waiting for Elvira 3 (pro) but these look really nice! Munsters is a virtually unknown thing here in Europe (unlike Addams Family due to the film) so I don't know if it will sell good in our region.

I hope I don't like Munsters too much cause withouth knowing for sure when Elvira 3 is about to be released, and space available, this could be a hard one to resist.

Curious for the pro images of this title. Are they similar to the premium artwork?

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Munsters is a virtually unknown thing here in Europe (unlike Addams Family due to the film) so I don't know if it will sell good in our region.

Here in germany the Munsters TV show was very popular and had many fans. The show had a very good german synchronisation, so the humor was saved and sometimes even better than the original. That doesn't happen very often.

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Don't waste your time with that place. Too many hoops to jump through on that closed shop and the entire signup process is degrading in itself.
Here you go.

So ....

The LE has brass trim, 'brass' powder legs, and what looks like a gold coin door. Backglass looks off too.

The Premium has bright purple lockdown bar and rails, black hinges, and anthracite legs. Looks absolutely bizarre.

Neither has lollipop rails.

Both look bad even for renders. Gonna say this is either fake or they won't have those trim options. Also can't see Stern going for a full black and white display. That would put a lot of people off and would be far too big a risk.

If this does come from Stern, it's either an early mock up or they're blowing smoke. More likely, given the mess, it doesn't.

#572 5 years ago

Finally read many posts , could someone please PM me pictures. Thanks.

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Finally read many posts , could someone please PM me pictures. Thanks.

Just go and look at last page. They're posted.

#574 5 years ago

And still nobody noticed that the LE has a very new Stern feature: no flipper buttons

edit: oh and no start button of course

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters and The Adams Family both came out in the mid 60’s i believe. Yes ther was a adams family movie in 1991 but its still about The Adams Family that everyone watched back in the 60’s. If they made a Munsters movie right now would it make you like the pin thats coming out better? There are rumors about a new Munsters TV show coming back out actually.

Actually, I think so! I'll admit, I've been stuck on the 1991 TAF, and while I've seen still images from the b/w version, I have never felt the urge to see the source material. Raul Julia nailed that performance so well, I am too scared to look back any further ; ).

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think the LE looks pretty nice...Brass armor and coin door?

I am skeptical if Stern will actually use brass plating. Just like PPS did with MM on it's advertised flyer, where they switched to powder. Brass plating is prone to problems with tarnishing and I really do not think Stern will produce or want to deal with polished brass. More than likely it will be like the powdered gold on WWE.

#577 5 years ago

I suspect these pics are early mock-ups possibly used internally at Stern to discuss preliminary design direction. I do like the cab art with the Munster's Koach. I loved that crazy Barris car design and even had a 1/24 model kit of it when I was a kid. The only thing I'd ask Stern is to put it on both sides of the cab! I want to see it from either side.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I spoke with a person about pinball... And he said in the 90s the game designers were paid an extra stipend for every sale over 4k. That it was an incentive for them to do there best work, so they could make more money.
So if you had a hit like say Twilight Zone then you could actually do something real nice with your bonus like buy a house. And I know actually that the sales were a bit disappointing due to the everything and a kitchen sink package expensive toy package, regardless it still sold a lot. They were hoping it would sell greater than Adam's Family, but still I think its silly to be disappointed that you didn't sell more units than the best selling pinball game ever.
Just the scuttlebutt I heard is all.
So I figure any pinball game with 5k plus would be a decent hit.

Thats what I heard too 3500 units and over was profit and designer got royalties.

#579 5 years ago

I’m not a fan of the gold armor on the LE

Basically for me, it’s all about if I want the LE or not. If not I can just sit and wait to play it and see what ever issues or lack of code it might have.

If I like the pin and miss on the LE I’d be happy to see what is better premium or pro. I kind of prefer Met and TWD pro anyway.

Art is down on my list after gameplay/rules then toys/gimmicks/sound etc.. I thought xmle was great looking but didn’t like the other aspects as much.

#580 5 years ago

I am digging the art on the "premium" if those are in fact real mockups of the game.

#581 5 years ago

Anyone think it’s strange that the family portrait on the LE cab and the Premium translite is an exact copy of the Tweeter Head model set down to the image on the T.V.

Not a Munsters fan so not sure if this is an iconic image that they are both replicating?

Also this is not the same model kit company that used Franchi for box art that was Mobieus.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/04/21/grandpa-munster-statue-photos-pre-order-info-202437#images

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#582 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

So ....
The LE has brass trim, 'brass' powder legs, and what looks like a gold coin door. Backglass looks off too.
The Premium has bright purple lockdown bar and rails, black hinges, and anthracite legs. Looks absolutely bizarre.
Both look bad even for renders. Gonna say this is either fake or they won't have those trim options. Also can't see Stern going for a full black and white display. That would put a lot of people off and would be far too big a risk.
If this does come from Stern, it's either an early mock up or they're blowing smoke. More likely, given the mess, it doesn't.

What are you smoking from those coffee shops in Amsterdam? They both look great. The show is in black and white.

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

What are you smoking from those coffee shops in Amsterdam? They both look great. The show is in black and white.

It looks like it was mocked up from various assets (genuine or not) in 5 minutes in Photoshop, with a bunch of inconsistencies.

As someone else pointed out, there aren't even any flipper buttons on the LE. Neither have lollipop rails. If this is from Stern and actually real rather than misinformation, you can only take this as vaguely indicative because of how rough it is.

If this looks "great" in the form presented, then Stern better cease their recent cosmetic efforts, as it's a waste of time.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If this looks "great" in the form presented, then Stern better cease their recent cosmetic efforts, as it's a waste of time.

I concurr. If this is what people throw 10k at, then Gary Stern is right: why bother doing anything right if crap sells just as good. It feels like after every new pin is released the only thing that matters is the next one. Very sad.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It looks like it was mocked up from various assets (genuine or not) in 5 minutes in Photoshop, with a bunch of inconsistencies.
As someone else pointed out, there aren't even any flipper buttons on the LE. Neither have lollipop rails.

It’s likely just that, an internal mock-up to show the art design of each model nothing more nothing less.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

As someone else pointed out, there aren't even any flipper buttons on the LE. Neither have lollipop rails. If this is from Stern and actually real rather than misinformation, you can only take this as vaguely indicative because of how rough it is.

It is a leaked mock up. It looks great in the direction it’s heading.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I concurr. If this is what people throw 10k at, then Gary Stern is right: why bother doing anything right if crap sells just as good. It feels like after every new pin is released the only thing that matters is the next one. Very sad.

It’s a good thing you will not be buying it. You be a lot happier, as it won’t clash with your decor.

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

And both look great from an art perspective, Premium looks sweet and the LE although not my favourite of the two fits the theme really nicely for those that’s want that old school look to go with the theme, another job well done by Franchi imo!

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And both look great from an art perspective, Premium looks sweet and the LE although not my favourite of the two fits the theme really nicely for those that’s want that old school look to go with the theme, another job well done by Franchi imo!

Spot on!

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Spot on +2.
As a fan of the show the LE is the look I would want. Ok, could do without the red strip but it probably looks better in person. Premium looks great also but I just prefer the black. Also love the idea of the black and white movie clips. But I'm sure Stern will throw a splash of color in the mix also to give it a more modern look. Just hope the playfield looks and shoot nice.

#591 5 years ago

Unless they've been nixed due to cost, the casket handles on the LE are supposed to be real and functional! Incredibly cool idea!

Chris Franchi hit a grand slam with the art on this! Gorgeous work!

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

So ....

These pictures are almost a year-old and mock ups. There are changes.

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If genuine, of course. But people are taking these as gospel. They're very obviously very quickly cobbled together in Photoshop.

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Actually, I think so! I'll admit, I've been stuck on the 1991 TAF, and while I've seen still images from the b/w version, I have never felt the urge to see the source material. Raul Julia nailed that performance so well, I am too scared to look back any further ; ).

Dont be scared, buy those old DVD’s and enjoy them. The Adams Family was a cool show!

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You can almost hear Pinside's "level of interest" indicator swing wildly.

#596 5 years ago

Both look great to me.

I hope Hope the design is on point and for god sake no plastic ramps on the LE.

I am still recovering from my Borg Gotg LE.

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Both look great to me.
I hope Hope the design is on point and for god sake no plastic ramps on the LE.
I am still recovering from my Borg Gotg LE.

Borg loves plastic ramps, the only recent Sterns designed by him that I can think of that didnt come with plastic ramps are Metallica & Aerosmith.

IM, Avatar, TRON, X-Men (need to double check), TWD, KISS, GOTG all have plastic ramps, maybe it’s just his preference.

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If genuine, of course. But people are taking these as gospel. They're very obviously very quickly cobbled together in Photoshop.

Relax, only you were taking it to the interpretation of a gospel.

Regardless, of the level of refinement in photoshop of a rough comp/mock up for design evaluation. Pinsiders, simply championed the ideas and direction that they viewed.

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Borg loves plastic ramps, the only recent Stern of his i can think of that hasn’t come with plastic ramps is Metallica & Aerosmith.
IM, Avatar, TRON, X-Men (need to double check), TWD, KISS, GOTG all have plastic ramps, maybe it’s just his preference.

Funny !! Aerosmith and Metallica are the only ones I have bought out of all of the you listed. Must be me.

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes ther was a adams family movie in 1991 but its still about The Adams Family that everyone watched back in the 60’s.

The 1992 pinball machine was clearly about the movie starring Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston from 1991, which is why it had their images and voices.

The Addams Family originated from single panel comics that appeared in the New Yorker beginning in 1938. The 60's series was based off of the comics.

So strictly speaking, the pinball machine was based off of comics from the New Yorker magazine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/12?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.