(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 164.
#6301 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For those who have played Munsters and who complain the code is too easy ... have you played levels 2 and 3 of Munster Madness and is there a final wizard mode? Completing 3 levels on 3 balls seems like quite a challenge.

I've got several games on Munsters so far. It's been on route here for 3 days. I've gotten all the characters to level II, but never all of them in one game. The values are boosted for the characters, but I didn't notice any big changes from level to level. I've played Munster Madness twice in the same game before and didn't notice anything different the second time around either, but I never had all the characters at level II so I don't know if there is a "final" wizard mode past that or anything. You do have a couple opportunities for EBs so it wouldn't have to just be on 3 balls too. Currently the screen only shows levels I and II for the characters, is there a III?

#6302 5 years ago
GraciousSphericalAmericancrow-size_restricted.gifGraciousSphericalAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif
#6303 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've got several games on Munsters so far. It's been on route here for 3 days. I've played the level II characters, but never all of them in one game. The values are boosted for the characters, but I didn't notice any big changes from level to level. I've played Munster Madness twice in the same game before and didn't notice anything different the second time around either, but I never completed all of level II so I don't know if there is a "final" wizard mode. You do have a couple opportunities for EBs so it wouldn't have to just be on 3 balls too. Currently the screen only shows levels I and II, is there a III?

No one really knows yet lol... i know there are 3 levels to just munster madness .

#6304 5 years ago

Ok here we go guys....my very unprofessional review of this game. I only got about 10 games on it because there was other people there playing it so im no expert on the rules and im probably going to say things that contradict myself and all kinds of stupid things but here goes....gonna try and make this short but you know how that goes.

First of all this game is absolutely beautiful, stunningly beautiful! This game has great shots and they are very fun to shoot. The game is very fast at times but the game is also pretty damn easy too......thats not a bad thing unless maybe you are an excellent player because i loved ever minute of it even when i was having long ball times. Beautiful artwork, some of the very best ever on a pinball machine, nice light show, loved the lcd animations, nice toys, just f’ing beautiful and fun as hell.

Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school. It didnt bother me because the game is so fun to shoot and i LOVE this theme....cant get enough of this theme...love it, love it, love it. I however can see a lot of people complaining about it though that arent huge Munsters fans. I have games that i dont love the themes like MET and AS for example. If the code on Munsters was on those games i wouldn’t own them. I mean a fun shooting game only goes so far and then you need to be entertained with a challenge from the rules right?

Games dont have to have deep code to be fun though but in todays times we are spoiled by it and want it, especially when these games are in our home. MM, MB, AFM arent deep but they are the big three and everyone loves them so Munsters doesn’t have to be any different. Rules nerds that dont like the Munsters will hate this game probably. Average players like most of us here that love the Munsters are going to want to own this game though I have no doubt about that.

Long story short i had a blast and i am in love with this game totally. The code doesn’t suck but there’s just not enough there to satisfy hardcore players or people who dont love The Munsters. I hope they add a little more to it honestly but if they dont i will still love this game because its fun and one of my dream themes. You’re gonna need to like the theme to like the game, its just that simple. I’m going to buy this game and its going to be the pride and joy of my collection, its so damn beautiful! I got to Munster madness on like my 4th or 5th game so that kinda tells you how easy it is to get there. The lilly and Dragula bars didnt bother me but it sure would have been more fun if they were drop targets. I love this damn game, im buying it, and it rocks. If you dont enjoy this game then you need to find a new hobby because you probably just dont like pinball that much.

#6305 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok here we go guys....my very unprofessional review of this game. I only got about 10 games on it because there was other people there playing it so im no expert on the rules and im probably going to say things that contradict myself and all kinds of stupidnthings but here goes....gonna try and make this short but you know how that goes.
First of all this game is absolutely beautiful, stunningly beautiful! This game has great shots and they are very fun to shoot. The game is very fast at times but the game is also pretty damn easy too......thats not a bad thing unless maybe you are an excellent player because i loved ever minute of it even when i was having long ball times. Beautiful artwork, some of the very best ever on a pinball machine, nice light show, loved the lcd animations, nice toys, just f’ing beautiful and fun as hell.
Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school. It didnt bother me because the game is so fun to shoot and i LOVE this theme....cant get enough of this theme...love it, love it, love it. I however can see a lot of people complaining about it though that arent huge Munsters fans. I have games that i dont love the themes like MET and AS for example. If the code on Munsters was on those games i wouldn’t own them. I mean a fun shooting game only goes so far and then you need to be entertained with a challenge from the rules right?
Games dont have to have deep code to be fun though but in todays times we are spoiled by it and want it, especially when these games are in our home. MM, MB, AFM arent deep but they are the big three and everyone loves them so Munsters doesn’t have to be any different. Rules nerds that dont like the Munsters will hate this game probably. Average players like most of us here that love the Munsters are going to want to own this game though I have no doubt about that.
Long story short i had a blast and i am in love with this game totally. The code doesn’t suck but there’s just not enough there to satisfy hardcore players or people who dont love The Munsters. I hope they add a little more to it honestly but if they dont i will still love this game because its fun and one of my dream themes. You’re gonna need to like the theme to like the game, its just that simple. I’m going to buy this game and its going to be the pride and joy of my collection, its so damn beautiful! I got to Munster madness on like my 4th or 5th game so that kinda tells you how easy it is to get there. The lilly and Dragula bars didnt bother me but it sure would have been more fun if they were drop targets. I love this damn game, im buying it, and it rocks. If you dont enjoy this game then you need to find a new hobby because you probably just dont like pinball that much.

So reading between the lines, you like it?

#6306 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you dont enjoy this game then you need to find a new hobby because you probably just dont like pinball that much.

Enjoy on route is not the same as enjoy at home tho

Just to be argumentative n shit

#6307 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school.

I love my Scared Stiff and people say the same about the code on it, but it's going nowhere. I look forward to playing The Munsters. Thanks for the review and enjoy.

#6308 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I didn't notice any big changes from level to level.

This is the only thing that bothers me about the code. I really really hope they revisit this down the track.

#6309 5 years ago

Great review they are gonna add shit to the game no doubt

#6310 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For those who have played Munsters and who complain the code is too easy

Please define 'easy'.

I rate Spiderman as one of the easiest games made by Stern. Yet I love it. Lots of fun. But very easy to get to Battle Royale.

Is Munsters a harder game than Spiderman? Easier that Spiderman? About the same?

#6311 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok here we go guys....my very unprofessional review of this game. I only got about 10 games on it because there was other people there playing it so im no expert on the rules and im probably going to say things that contradict myself and all kinds of stupidnthings but here goes....gonna try and make this short but you know how that goes.

Did the one u played have the newest code? Also the game can be set up harder I'm sure... set at 7.0 , open outlanes up some and take away the multi ball save and limit extra balls and it will b more difficult. If that don't suit u can change some settings to make things more difficult. Regardless I'm not worried about it as I'm sure others aren't eaither. Game is fun, fast beautiful and has alot to offer and not every pin in a collection needs to be jjp.

#6312 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I rate Spiderman as one of the easiest games made by Stern. Yet I love it. Lots of fun. But very easy to get to Battle Royale.
Is Munsters a harder game than Spiderman? Easier that Spiderman? About the same?

This.Spiderman hella fun

#6313 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Enjoy on route is not the same as enjoy at home tho
Just to be argumentative n shit

Yeah thats what i meant. Even people that don’t like the theme should still walk away from this game and say “good game and it was fun”. Even people that wouldn’t want to own it i dont think are going to play it and say that the game sucks. The ONLY bad thing anyone can ever say about this game imo is that the code isnt deep enough. Even with shallow code though its a great game. If you love the Munsters PW i would get this before AFM if i were you. The rules are probably about the same so buy whichever theme that you like the most.

#6314 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also like u said there is more to the rules but if you don't worry about trying to stack things together to maximize stuff then yes its easy to get to the madness mode...... much like mb its easy to get to m.o.r but trying to stack everything is fun in itself and blowing up the score is fun.

#6315 5 years ago

As it stands, level 1 and 2 modes are not really that different, and people are completing level one modes in their first few games. So realistically people are seeing most of the game in their first few games. That’s the worry.

#6316 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Please define 'easy'.

Battle Royale is just a mini wizard mode for completing 2 of each villain, Super Hero is the main wizard mode for doing everything (all 3 levels of each villain - level 3 Goblin is a bitch, and all 5 modes) and that wizard mode several levels to it. As it sits Munsters is much easier than Spiderman IMHO.

#6317 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Did the one u played have the newest code? Also the game can be set up harder I'm sure... set at 7.0 , open outlanes up some and take away the multi ball save and limit extra balls and it will b more difficult. If that don't suit u can change some settings to make things more difficult. Regardless I'm not worried about it as I'm sure others aren't eaither. Game is fun, fast beautiful and has alot to offer and not every pin in a collection needs to be jjp.

No i dont think it had the newest code bigd. The guy got it yesterday and set it up last night from what I understand. This game is fun man. I love John Borg games, they always shoot good. This game is proof that theme matters because i love it because of the theme and if i didnt love the theme i would be complaining about the shallow code. This game brings me great joy because its the Munsters.

#6318 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No i dont think it had the newest code bigd. The guy got it yesterday and set it up last night from what I understand. This game is fun man. I love John Borg games, they always shoot good. This game is proof that theme matters because i love it because of the theme and if i didnt love the theme i would be complains about the shallow code. This game brings me great joy because its the Munsters.

Our Munsters shipped via .83 code. We installed .90 Monday night and then Stern released .91 yesterday. Easiest way to tell if you were playing .90 or .83 without looking at the code version is during the Grandpa Mystery animation video, it will have the word "Mystery" floating behind him in .90 in the video. Also, you will see way more of Spot on .90 and the light show and animations are very obvious when you hit him. On .83 there was barely anything to him.

#6319 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Battle Royale is just a mini wizard mode for completing 2 of each villain, Super Hero is the main wizard mode for doing everything (all 3 levels of each villain - level 3 Goblin is a bitch, and all 5 modes) and that wizard mode several levels to it. As it sits Munsters is much easier than Spiderman IMHO.

I'm good with that. I bought and sold SM twice. Great game but never coming back.

Theme and LCD

#6320 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Our Munsters shipped via .83 code. We installed .90 Monday night and then Stern released .91 yesterday. Easiest way to tell if you were playing .90 or .83 without looking at the code version is during the Grandpa Mystery animation video, it will have the word "Mystery" floating behind him in .90 in the video. Also, you will see way more of Spot on .90 and the light show and animations are very obvious when you hit him. On .83 there was barely anything to him.

I cant say really but im sure that he didnt update the code probably because i heard that he just unboxed it and set it up last night so he probably hasnt taken the time to update it yet. Cool game though and i am definitely getting one.

#6321 5 years ago

So if they ad a wizard mode beyond everything up front this game would perfect.
Great.Hard to judge.No way to know.
I just don’t want another game that I have to hyper super focus from the start.Totally would like a distant mode.
Time will tell.
Again great honest review can’t wait for my LE to arrive.
Never bought one took the chance only because it’s Munsters so happy right now that I did.

#6322 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So if they ad a wizard mode beyond everything up front this game would perfect.
Great.Hard to judge.No way to know.
I just don’t want another game that I have to hyper super focus from the start.Totally would like a distant mode.
Time will tell.
Again great honest review can’t wait for my LE to arrive.
Never bought one took the chance only because it’s Munsters so happy right now that I did.

If you like the Munsters Spaceman you can rest easy buddy because you will be happy as a pig in shit once you get your game. The game is gorgeous brother. I want one so bad that i cant stand it but i gotta wait a month or two. Its so awesome though. You are gonna shit I promise you when you pull that baby out of its box. Your jaw is going to hit the ground.

#6323 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey man, it was fun playing with you tonight. I was there with my girlfriend.

I agree with you, the code isn't deep, but it shoots well and the theme rocks. I'm stoked that the pro looks and plays as well as it does.

#6324 5 years ago

It would be cool if they added a final (wizard mode) after completing all three levels( 7 sections, all jackpots, cascading hurryups) of munster madness . Then after getting thru all the regular modes again on level 2 a final wizard mode would happen but only if you finished thr madness mode the first time.... if not then pick up where you left off prior.

#6325 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Hey man, it was fun playing with you tonight. I was there with my girlfriend.
I agree with you, the code isn't deep, but it shoots well and the theme rocks. I'm stoked that the pro looks and plays as well as it does.

Hey you too buddy ....small world huh? I suck at reviews but this game is really fun isnt it? Its just flat out good and i cant wait to get one. Your gf seemed to really like it a lot, she is probably going to be wanting one i bet so you better start saving lol. She’s a really good player too! It was nice meeting you guys! Ive met a lot of nice people at Arcade Legacy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6326 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you like the Munsters Spaceman you can rest easy buddy because you will be happy as a pig in shit once you get your game. The game is gorgeous brother. I want one so bad that i cant stand it but i gotta wait a month or two. Its so awesome though. You are gonna shit I promise you when you pull that baby out of its box. Your jaw is going to hit the ground.

Hahahahaha Yes!!!!! LMAO

#6327 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It would be cool if they added a final (wizard mode) after completing all three levels( 7 sections, all jackpots, cascading hurryups) of munster madness . Then after getting thru all the regular modes again on level 2 a final wizard mode would happen but only if you finished thr madness mode the first time.... if not then pick up where you left off prior.

This seems reasonable and would be perfect IMO

#6328 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you dudes need to take a step back and slow your roll.
Have you not learned anything?
I heard the same shit with TWD, "The Walking Dud", and BM66 "was the biggest POS money grab in Stern history".
I see what i see and i F ing like it, just like the two above.
The theme integration and LCD will give me great joy in and of itself!
Calm the F down and let the dust settle for Pete's sake.

ummmm code, the king himself Lyman.
if some one else coded these 2, im betting it still would be shit!

#6329 5 years ago

This seems reasonable and would be perfect IMO

Maybe call it munsters of mayhem.....

#6330 5 years ago

Did I just read a complaint that they would have to wait till midnight to play madness?
Wow
Drops,cool but if I wanted another WD then sure
Munsters is great fun and a beautiful pin already only gonna get better.
The LE is sick.
X-men ? Come the fuck on

Are you serious?
Take code out of the descussion and look at the 2 playfields .
The Munsters looks stripped compaired to X-Men.

#6331 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Are you serious?

The Munsters shoots really really well Squizz. It is a lot of fun

#6332 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe call it munsters of mayhem.....

Nice! I can see it now

#6333 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Are you serious?

Agree just don’t think the two compare but hey I’ve never played Munsters so who knows

#6334 5 years ago

I think I'm at the point of looking at three key facets to a pin. Theme usage via design visually and aurally. Code design and the depth and complexity it presents, and overall playfield layout and mechanics.

I'm really compelled by the Premium, and so far I feel the first facet is really, really nailed! I just worry about the code, and the playfield layout. I think some locations have the Pro trickling in this week, so I really look forward to getting a deeper grasp on this sooooooon!

#6335 5 years ago

TBH: I love the theme, layout, shots, artwork, flow, lighting.
I can live with the Lily not being a 4 bank drop target - tho penny pinching as this would have been better!

BUT the CODE for todays players Really????

Dwight wants the game close to the start button (His words not mine)
This is just wrong, wrong, wrong!
we don't want SHALLOW code (In your face) when we are spending this type of cash!

We live in 2019 now not in 1999 when these type of rules were the norm.
20 years ago this would have be great.

It'll be like Ford, Holden, Mazda etc releasing cars today that are going back to the old gen because it worked back then.
No need for power steering, no need for ati lock brakes, no rear demisters, no cruse control, no automatics etc etc etc.

Next thing we will see from Stern is electro mechanical rules being added.

Come on get real......

#6336 5 years ago

Carguments are stupid and you sound stupid using them, that's why we outlawed them, please stop.

Moving on... If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm not a Stern slurper, but give me a break with the devine right people think they deserve in a new machine. If the the game is too easy for you, wait for the next one. You dont have to hang around and pine for the game to be designed to your preferences... If you like it you play it, if not no one really gives a shit. Not every game needs to be the same. Not every game has to be coded in a way to meet your idea of how much money you spend on them.
You talk aboot "today's players" as if they are super advanced acrossT the board. Do you listen to people on this site? Do you hear people talking aboot how much they suck and how they never even look at the dmd/LCD when playing the game (wtf).
This is too simple, star wars and got are too confusing... Arrrggghh. Have you heard these mutts talk about how using a lock down button is too much work?
Fuck you don't hear this everyday, but you may be giving Pinsiders too much credit.

#6337 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Come on get real......

Pretty much got that with the Beatles and it's fab-ulous

#6338 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters shoots really really well Squizz. It is a lot of fun

Hey, enjoyed the review. Now you can speak with a little more venom in your bite. Glad you enjoyed it. Still waiting in Az to flip one in the wild, but a Pro is headed this way they say.

#6339 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm not a Stern slurper, but give me a break with the devine right people think they deserve in a new machine. If the the game is too easy for you, wait for the next one. You dont have to hang around and pine for the game to be designed to your preferences... If you like it you play it, if not no one really gives a shit. Not every game needs to be the same. Not every game has to be coded in a way to meet your idea of how much money you spend on them.

I have already payed 50% deposit on the LE. Was a dream theme for me, I'm guessing that is why it upsets me more to see where the code went.
(which was after deposit) Yes, I will play the pro before I unbox the LE, if I still have the same feelings, then off to the slaughter house the LE goes.

As for each game not to be the same, this is true, fully agree... Reason why I still own 3 Bally Williams machines.
I think this is the reason why most of us have old and new machines.

Quoted from TheLaw:

You talk aboot "today's players" as if they are super advanced acrossT the board. Do you listen to people on this site? Do you hear people talking aboot how much they suck and how they never even look at the dmd/LCD when playing the game (wtf).
This is too simple, star wars and got are too confusing... Arrrggghh. Have you heard these mutts talk about how using a lock down button is too much work?
Fuck you don't hear this everyday, but you may be giving Pinsiders too much credit.

I think as a Pinball Pinside family, we normally help each other out with explaining rules, helping with tech tips etc, it's great to see.
I'm no pro myself lets be honest. Don't have the time to play daily, not even weekly at times

Anyway time for me to sit back and chill for a while.
what will be is what will be.

#6340 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I have already payed 50% deposit on the LE. Was a dream theme for me, I'm guessing that is why it upsets me more to see where the code went.
(which was after deposit) Yes, I will play the pro before I unbox the LE, if I still have the same feelings, then off to the slaughter house the LE goes.
As for each game not to be the same, this is true, fully agree... Reason why I still own 3 Bally Williams machines.
I think this is the reason why most of us have old and new machines.

I think as a Pinball Pinside family, we normally help each other out with explaining rules, helping with tech tips etc, it's great to see.
I'm no pro myself lets be honest. Don't have the time to play daily, not even weekly at times
Anyway time for me to sit back and chill for a while.
what will be is what will be.

If you do not want your LE I am sure that Bruce will gladly give you your money back. All the guys at AMD are fantastic people and good to deal with. I am sure they have people on their waiting list to take your spot.

If the machine is upsetting you, maybe think about getting your money back. This hobby is meant to be fun.

#6341 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you do not want your LE I am sure that Bruce will gladly give you your money back. All the guys at AMD are fantastic people and good to deal with. I am sure they have people on their waiting list to take your spot.
If the machine is upsetting you, maybe think about getting your money back. This hobby is meant to be fun.

Or he could get it and just see if he likes it, and if not sell it on Australias best pinball forum Aussie Arcade.

#6342 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I might be glad to sell it for 500 more too.

I'll wait it out and see what happens first.

#6343 5 years ago

On location at Brewskis Bar & Arcade in San Diego plays great no issues so far, we just got it set up in time for the monthly tournament tonight and it played great.

IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).jpgIMG_0054 (resized).jpg
#6344 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

TBH: I love the theme, layout, shots, artwork, flow, lighting.
I can live with the Lily not being a 4 bank drop target - tho penny pinching as this would have been better!
BUT the CODE for todays players Really????
Dwight wants the game close to the start button (His words not mine)
This is just wrong, wrong, wrong!
we don't want SHALLOW code (In your face) when we are spending this type of cash!
We live in 2019 now not in 1999 when these type of rules were the norm.
20 years ago this would have be great.
It'll be like Ford, Holden, Mazda etc releasing cars today that are going back to the old gen because it worked back then.
No need for power steering, no need for ati lock brakes, no rear demisters, no cruse control, no automatics etc etc etc.
Come on get real......

Well stated Squizz! Don’t let them beat you down. Carguments are simple similarities to pinball that everyone understands. Shallow code is for lazy or rushed programmers in 2019. With the 70 plus episodes available to Stern there is no reason not to have similar depth as done by Lyman in Batman. Can you imagine what Batman would be like if it was a spell this character name and area for each of the villains, with video not really associated with the game play?

I love the Munsters and watched everyone as a kid when it came out in the 60s. Could have been so much better if Lyman had done his code/depth magic with such a great theme. If people can’t understand that, they’re living in denial.

If we were paying last century prices for games, then shallow code is fine like they did then. But since we are paying outrageous prices in this century, shallow gameplay is inexcusable! Valued added is of major importance. If not, charge me $3,500 and I won’t complain, but $9,000.00??? Come on!

#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If we were paying last century prices for games, then shallow code is fine like they did then. But since we are paying outrageous prices in this century, shallow gameplay is inexcusable!

I think this about sums it up.

#6346 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well stated Squizz! Don’t let them beat you down. Carguments are simple similarities to pinball that everyone understands. Shallow code is for lazy or rushed programmers in 2019. With the 70 plus episodes available to Stern there is no reason not to have similar depth as done by Lyman in Batman. Can you imagine what Batman would be like if it was a spell this character name and area for each of the villains, with video not really associated with the game play?
I love the Munsters and watched everyone as a kid when it came out in the 60s. Could have been so much better if Lyman had done his code/depth magic with such a great theme. If people can’t understand that, they’re living in denial.
If we were paying last century prices for games, then shallow code is fine like they did then. But since we are paying outrageous prices in this century, shallow gameplay is inexcusable! Valued added is of major importance. If not, charge me $3,500 and I won’t complain, but $9,000.00??? Come on!

You are right really. There’s just not enough code to make anyone want to buy this game that doesn’t love the theme in my opinion. That doesn’t mean the game isnt fun because it is, its actually lots of fun to play but there just not enough variety in code and im afraid that it would get boring for anyone who is lukewarm about the theme, and certainly for advanced players and rules nerds.

I kinda view this game like an older pinball machine like Monster Bash. Theres not alot there but i love the theme and it will never get old to me because i love the Munsters. I used to own Firepower and a old Meteor and this game kinda reminds me of those games. There isnt much there but they are still super fun. Im fortunate enough to have 7 games in my collection so this game doesnt have to be TWD or GOT rule wise to have a spot in my collection and to keep me interested. If i had a one or two game collection then there wouldnt be enough here to keep me interested probably.

That doesnt mean this game isnt fun or that it isnt great though, it just means people that arent huge Munsters fans are going to want more in order to love it and consider it for their home. Aerosmith and Star Trek are fun simple games that kind of remind me of the Munsters but there is more to the rules in those games than there is in Munsters i believe. I dont like ST theme wise at all but i love playing it and even though there isnt a ton of code there, theres enough that i would consider owning one. If i didnt love the Munsters there just wouldnt be enough there to make me want one for my home. It would still be fun to play on location occasionally though. There just isnt enough modes and rules to keep non Munsters fans coming back for more, its that simple.

#6347 5 years ago

Munsters is like a fun size candy bar. Its awesome and you love it but theres not enough there. The theme rocks! Borg made it great design wise and Franchi make it great art wise, now Dwight needs to step up to the plate and make it great rule wise.

#6348 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Great Borg games: Metallica, Tron, Iron Man, many would say TWD. F*cking X-Men!?!? I mean it’s not as bad as GB, but that’s some bottom of the barrel action as far as Sterns go. I’m dying at the thought of someone willingly playing that game still & listening to Shittybeast’s horrible voice.

Haha Greg with the same ol' stick about X-MEN...rinse and repeat

You may eventually have to give up on your X-MEN hatred quest because more and more people are starting to see the light. Pinball is subjective and while you do not care for X-MEN-many do. X-MEN layout kicks ass and yes the Beast shot is tight-that is the way it was designed and it makes the shot very rewarding. Awesome toys, spinning disc, magnets, pop-ups, moving Ice ramp, I mean c'mon this game is jam packed full of goodness. I will admit that the call-outs need some work-but they do not bother me.
One of your favorite games is Family Guy? Really? That game is a turd compared to X-MEN LE. That little Stewie pinball is really cute-I now know why you want a Munsters Premium-so you can play your cute Stewie pinball 2.0. Again pinball is subjective and I am genuinely happy for your excitement about Munsters. Anything to get you back into talking positive pinball talk makes me happy-otherwise just go back to complaining in your Nintendo thread.

#6349 5 years ago

Whodey compares pinball to food instead of cars

You're speaking my language now brother

#6350 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think this about sums it up.

so does this from 2 years ago, BM66:

Cserold:
Quoted from hoby1:

Not the point Im making Lloyd. Never seen a game ship with so little at such a high price tag.
Then you have GB that has 10 times as much right out of the gate. Explain that

You are absolutely right. It's Garbage

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/127?hl=marvello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.