New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,182 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by Jnyvio
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8182 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 164.
#6251 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Folks new to pinball also play plenty of 90s and earlier games on location and know full well how awesome and satisfying a real knocker can be.

It’s also awesome to make a great shot on a Gottlieb EM with 2” flippers and hear the score reels turn. Doesn’t mean I need that satisfaction in a modern game.

Of all the things that have been removed from the recent generations of games the loss of the cabinet knocker bothers me the least.

#6252 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sounds like it should of just been like mb with no targets on the left and just 2 on the right? Wld people have been more happy with that?

I’m dissapointed about the Lily bar target as well but that’s a good point. What if there were no targets in the right side of the Munsters? Then we would have never known about them!

#6253 1 year ago

Regarding the Lily target can timebandit run his TLS on Spike 2 yet?

He’s done some awesome drop bank mods for Ironman, Tron Pro among others if TLS does work on Spike 2, I bet he could hook Lily up with some drops.

#6254 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I cancelled my LE purchase yesterday

I wasn’t expecting to read this especially from you Tuna

#6255 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No Munsters destined for the Domino Arcade?

Not yet, will wait and see how the code matures.

#6256 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ROTFL WHAAAAT!?!?
I’m dying, this is some next level trolling or something....
Great Borg games: Metallica, Tron, Iron Man, many would say TWD. F*cking X-Men!?!? I mean it’s not as bad as GB, but that’s some bottom of the barrel action as far as Sterns go. I’m dying at the thought of someone willingly playing that game still & listening to Shittybeast’s horrible voice.

People are getting caught up in X-Men LE lately as though it's a classic. It's really a cool theme packed with toys at it's current price, but it's not a classic. It's good value for sure though. Definitely has some satisfying shots. Code is middle of the road. Sounds are good to me, but 2 of them are GOD AWFUL.

I would say X-Men LE falls about here in recent Stern Borg games....

TWD
MET
TRON
IM
XMEN
KISS
GOTG
AS

I'm taking into account the entire package. Like "what would I own in order". After IM, all are kind of interchangeable to me.

Don't know where Munsters sits as I haven't played it.

#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m reeeeeally thinking of skipping Munsters in favor of AFMr now
Still following this thread tho

This 100 million times. AFMR is one of the best games of all time. It’s tough and deeper than munsters! My family love it and we do low roller betting on it the LE topper is epic!

The code update for munsters means to get one of the features I have to play at midnight is that right?! WTF?!

#6258 1 year ago

You can set the clock to just before midnight anytime of day and play the midnight madness.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

This 100 million times. AFMR is one of the best games of all time. It’s tough and deeper than munsters! My family love it and we do low roller betting on it the LE topper is epic!
The code update for munsters means to get one of the features I have to play at midnight is that right?! WTF?!

#6259 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Agree. I expect the designers are on a pretty tight budget. Probably best to ask which feature(s) would you give up to get individual Lily stand-ups.

LOL
Sorry but tight budget, when you are getting a budget code?
Think of the cash saved not being spent on the code!

#6260 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

1 in a row does not make a trend.

No ,.it doesn't. However if everyone just sits and accepts it and then throws cash at it then it SETS the next trend.

#6261 1 year ago

"Stern really loaded up this Pro, it's got individual standup targets!" - Pinside in 2020

#6262 1 year ago

On reveal date I didn't get the hype here on Pinside. The game is empty, no mechs, no nothing.

I let my wallet speak and cancelled my LE order same night.

Even Kaneda was blinded by the art on day one, wonder how he feels now about the game ....

#6263 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

On the Target-gate conspiracy of missing Lily drops and possibly the Dragula standups... with this mentality, will Stern machines end up being a box with two flipper buttons, one big target, one big light, one big buzzer, and one big bell? Then we put money in it to stand in front of it and mash the buttons while the ball randomly crashes around into the target, randomly buzzes the buzzer, flashes the big light, and rings the bell? And every time we get it to ring, buzz, and flash long enough, it cracks off a knocker to let me know I get to do this all over again for FREE!
This is how I, as a player, feel Stern is letting us down with their recent evidence of “cost savings” or “profit maximizing” or “customer gouging”, depending on your opinion of Stern.
I understand the mentality behind the single wide Lily Target when it come to the rules... hit this target 4 times and something happens, which in Munsters is you boost Lily which boosts overall scoring. There is no award for getting LILY in order, so the single target paradigm works, but here’s the rub- usually, in past pinball rules, four bank target banks, either standup or drop, are a way of sequencially making the player be accurate with their shots, give them visual feedback of their progress, and removes that progress if the bank is not completed in the current ball or within a set time.
Here’s some more “cost savings” advice... you can eliminate 3 inserts, 3 lamps, and just put up one LILY insert... flash the insert slowly at first, then faster with each strike until the 4th strike, where you leave LILY lit to show it is qualified. See? Now you save 3 lamps, 3 sockets, 10 feet of wire and three lamp outputs on your already shaky node boards. No change to game play, but way cheaper.
If Stern continues to remove the aspects of playing pinball that some of us have grown to love and expect, then I don’t see me buying many more NIB Stern machines. The “dumbing down” of pinball in the name of “cost savings” is killing off the things I have always loved about playing... shooting shots accurately, in order, and that “thump” when the bank resets, be it the thump of making the bank in a single sweeping shot, or the thump of the bank resetting before making the last shot...

Hey Bubblehead, this 5K game doesnt have any drop targets and it definitely sucks but how many drop targets does that $8300.00 MBR LE that you just bought have?

#6264 1 year ago

The bank targets are my favorite part and the only reason I bought my first nib

#6265 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Don’t be such a F’n enabler

Jokes aside, after sleeping on it, AFMr is looking more & more likely.

Classic Edition is the one I’m leaning towards. I know the SE/LE are better but the classic is a more faithful recreation of the game I recall/love. Plus if I get MMr my OCD wants the DMD & panels to match.

#6266 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Classic Edition is the one I’m leaning towards. I know the SE/LE are better but the classic is a more faithful recreation of the game I recall/love. Plus if I get MMr my OCD wants the DMD & panels to match.

Get the SE, It is so worth it!

#6267 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

TWD
MET
TRON
IM
XMEN
KISS
GOTG
AS

What do your top four have in common? Lyman. Exactly why I'm holding off on Munsters for a while.

#6268 1 year ago

Did I just read a complaint that they would have to wait till midnight to play madness?
Wow
Drops,cool but if I wanted another WD then sure
Munsters is great fun and a beautiful pin already only gonna get better.
The LE is sick.
X-men ? Come the fuck on

#6269 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I wasn’t expecting to read this especially from you Tuna

The LE is still on my wishlist. LOVE the theme, (color) artwork, and sound, but I'm not typically an LE buyer and decided not to commit the $ until I at least play a Premium/LE.

#6270 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

If you're missing the integrated topper and the large screen, you're missing the point.

#6271 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Get the SE, It is so worth it!

But then it’s DMD wouldn’t match my future/possible MMr

Seriously that would irk the shit out of me.

Quoted from vireland:

If you're missing the integrated topper and the large screen, you're missing the point.

I hear ya. But I don’t really want AFM 2.0, if I did I’d get a HUO one since they sell well below NIB prices. For some reason I want a NIB replica of the original in every way. Right down to the stainless steel hardware.

Dang, have I had my fill of powder coated princess games with toppers & mods? Am I becoming the grumpy old man yearning for incandescents? Say it ain’t so.

Anyway Munsters is still a contender!

#6272 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

LOL
Sorry but tight budget, when you are getting a budget code?
Think of the cash saved not being spent on the code!

Quoted from Wotto:

No ,.it doesn't. However if everyone just sits and accepts it and then throws cash at it then it SETS the next trend.

Fark you guys are doing a lot of complaining about a game that you have never seen or played yourselves yet.

I am looking forward to having a flip and then making up my own mind.

#6273 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey Bubblehead, this 5K game doesnt have any drop targets and it definitely sucks but how many drop targets does that $8300.00 MBR LE that you just bought have?

Touche! You got me there... but Frank is a double moving drop standup bank bash toy... so thats like drop targets and stand ups had a baby and the baby got kidnapped by a bash target... thats like basic pinball tech cubed. Got to love that.

#6274 1 year ago

TWD
MET
TRON
IM
XMEN
KISS
GOTG
AS

Dang, I already forgot about GOTG...yeah, that might be worse than X-Men lol...but, it doesn't have a horrible toy that if not mounted an exact certain way to the millimeter totally ruins the game. I'd put Avatar way up...after IM. It's essentially the same type of game style as Tron and IM. One ramp drops it down a bit, but it's very fun and the rules are a bit better than IM, actually.

#6275 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I’m dissapointed about the Lily bar target

Did anyone complain about the bar target on Met Prem/LE? I rather like it...I find the Fuel "bar" satisfying to hit. Many games with individual target banks are coded so hits to any of them do the same thing, so I don't think it's really a big deal.

#6276 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did anyone complain about the bar target on Met Prem/LE? I rather like it...I find the Fuel "bar" satisfying to hit. Many games with individual target banks are coded so hits to any of them do the same thing, so I don't think it's really a big deal.

which ones are? I tried to think of one and couldn't. On MET there are lots of other things to hit also though.

#6277 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

which ones are? I tried to think of one and couldn't. On MET there are lots of other things to hit also though.

I'm pretty sure games like Batman and Iron Man, you don't have to hit the exact target to light the exact insert letter...you can hit a target to the side of the one you "should" hit and it'll count it...but I think games that do this then require more precise hits when you have to do it again later.

#6278 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No reason any more to waste a coil on a knocker any more. Let that be a generational thing. Folks new to pinball generally don’t know what it means anyway.

HERESY! Main feedback for being good, on any public machine that is.

#6279 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, I already forgot about GOTG...yeah, that might be worse than X-Men lol...but, it doesn't have a horrible toy that if not mounted an exact certain way to the millimeter totally ruins the game. I'd put Avatar way up...after IM. It's essentially the same type of game style as Tron and IM. One ramp drops it down a bit, but it's very fun and the rules are a bit better than IM, actually.

That's a good point. I had the Wolverine captive ball mod installed since day 1 so I never played my machine with the oversized behemoth in it. Still, spend $100-$150 and you're good.

#6280 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One bar - inferior to a target bank, but forgiveable in a Prem/LE with TONS of cool stuff. TWO giant, ugly targets in Munsters with a dearth of cool stuff to offset it is a bridge too far.

#6281 1 year ago

That's a good point. I had the Wolverine captive ball mod installed since day 1 so I never played my machine with the oversized behemoth in it. Still, spend $100-$150 and you're good.

Yeah, the captive ball mod with the original wolverine toy on top is the way to go. MUCH better experience.

wolverine_captive_ball (resized).jpg
#6282 1 year ago

It's still a shot that's too close to the flippers that gives you an instant multiball. Bad toy + bad rules = something I'm not spending another $100 on lol

#6283 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's still a shot that's too close to the flippers that gives you an instant multiball. Bad toy + bad rules = something I'm not spending another $100 on lol

You hit it much less when you have ~40-50% less surface area on the face to hit with the captive ball.

#6284 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

U do know that met and munsters have essentially the same layout with same amount of shots? Actually most fan layouts have about the same amount of stuff to shoot at.

#6285 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U do know that met and munsters have essentially the same layout with same amount of shots? Actually most fan layouts have about the same amount of stuff to shoot at.

He knows that.

He plays these games 6 hours straight.

#6286 1 year ago

Some of you dudes need to take a step back and slow your roll.

Have you not learned anything?

I heard the same shit with TWD, "The Walking Dud", and BM66 "was the biggest POS money grab in Stern history".

I see what i see and i F ing like it, just like the two above.

The theme integration and LCD will give me great joy in and of itself!

Calm the F down and let the dust settle for Pete's sake.

#6287 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you dudes need to take a step back and slow your roll.
Have you not learned anything?
I heard the same shit with TWD, "The Walking Dud", and BM66 "was the biggest POS money grab in Stern history".
I see what i see and i F ing like it, just like the two above.
The theme integration and LCD will give me great joy in and of itself!
Calm the F down and let the dust settle for Pete's sake.

Most are excited for this pin(or any new pin) but u know there will always be a few that are upset bc the pin didn't fit what they wanted.

#6288 1 year ago

Is the same shit every time again and again over and fucking over endlesssssssssssssssly.

#6289 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Munsters is closer to AC/DC's layout.

#6290 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Munsters is closer to AC/DC's layout.

They all are very similar imo..

#6291 1 year ago

For those who have played Munsters and who complain the code is too easy ... have you played levels 2 and 3 of Munster Madness and is there a final wizard mode? Completing 3 levels on 3 balls seems like quite a challenge.

#6292 1 year ago

Gifs not work?

I had a great one of Kyle Troupe

Damn

#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

It’s subjective my friend. I’m glad that you enjoy Star Trek.

Flow man flow......

#6294 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gifs not work?
I had a great one of Kyle Troupe
Damn

Start post. Pick original size. Upload gif. Send post. and it better be good.

#6295 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Avatar might have all the stuff, but it has very little of the fun. IM by a country mile. If anything, I'd move IM up and met down. However, I realize most would disagree with met moving.

#6296 1 year ago

126 pages on a pin no one has yet. Wow. Mostly negative too. Let’s see what it’s like when we play it first huh before judging a machine you have never touched. Just sayin’

#6297 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For those who have played Munsters and who complain the code is too easy ... have you played levels 2 and 3 of Munster Madness and is there a final wizard mode? Completing 3 levels on 3 balls seems like quite a challenge.

Valid point. PM is designed this way with no mini modes in between, and it's super fun.

#6298 1 year ago

Like hearing all the feedback positive and negative, all good. Please would some of you stick to better, even classier language. Let’s try and keep the swearing out of this forum. Sounds like a bar room at times. Lol

#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Like hearing all the feedback positive and negative, all good.

Negative Nellies and Positive Petes are both welcome here!

#6300 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

126 pages on a pin no one has yet. Wow. Mostly negative too. Let’s see what it’s like when we play it first huh before judging a machine you have never touched. Just sayin’

I get mine tomorrow. I will give my honest opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 8182 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 164.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside