(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 164.
#6151 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense intended here, but we both know you can afford that easily. When that kind of money isn't an issue it's easy to play with it. There's a lot of hype and magical thinking on Pinside that kind of assumes everyone has thousands to throw around, and losing money a month later if you get bored is whatever. The value discussion being called pointless is frankly a privileged attitude. You know I like and respect you too, so don't take it personally, but come on.
I begrudge no one their wealth, or decision to blow it all on toys. Live your life. I agree that the negative feedback loop can get tiring. But I also think the hype loop is just as bad, and there's no reason to berate people for saying "slow down a bit". If we're not here to share and listen then what's the point?

Anybody who BUYS a pinball machine is coming from a position of ridiculous privilege. Gimme a break.

I’m not speaking from a position of “I don’t give a shit about a few thousand dollars here and there. Of course I do.

I’m speaking from a position of, I’ve NEVER lost more than a couple of hundred dollars on a machine in 20 years of collecting. Sometimes I’ve made a few bucks, most times broken even. It all comes out in the wash. I’m happy to be a respected member of a local community that enjoys hosting, and participating in local events. I help out people whenever I can. I love pinball. I can’t seem to get enough of it.

I’m lucky. I have lots of machines. If I’m not enjoying them though... I sell them. Around 50 in the last 6 years or so.

If somebody bought a WWE... that’s on them!!

Im not part of a Hype loop, I just love pinball, and modern machines are my favs. I’m genuinely excited about this machine.

I’m making Gary Proud??! He frickin’ well should be proud!! He’s running a pinball company producing 10,000 plus machines a year in a time when most of the planet doesn’t even know pinball exists!! (Pinside argument to ensue about how many Stern is ACTUALLY producing!)

You guys need to lighten the frick up and enjoy yourselves. There’s nothing worse than turning something SO GREAT in to something so full of bitching and moaning and stress.

I haven’t ordered a Munsters. I probably will, but I’m going to need to put more time on it. I’d probably go for the Premium as I love the BnW art package. If I miss out on an LE... I don’t give a crap.

#6152 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You guys need to lighten the frick up and enjoy yourselves. There’s nothing worse than turning something SO GREAT in to something so full of bitching and moaning and stress.

#6153 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m speaking from a position of, I’ve NEVER lost more than a couple of hundred dollars on a machine in 20 years of collecting. Sometimes I’ve made a few bucks, most times broken even. It all comes out in the wash. I’m happy to be a respected member of a local community that enjoys hosting, and participating in local events. I help out people whenever I can. I love pinball. I can’t seem to get enough of it.

I’m lucky. I have lots of machines. If I’m not enjoying them though... I sell them. Around 50 in the last 6 years or so.

If somebody bought a WWE... that’s on them!!

I don't think your experience is everyone's experience though. I know I wish I could say the same. Avengers LE, GB Premium, I took a way larger loss than a couple hundred on both of those. I know prices on used AFMrLE are way off of NIB prices and I would take a bath if I went to sell.

So I think it is reasonable that people are worried about buying a NIB LE and having it turn into the next WWELE, although I do agree there is no point stressing about it, its a toy that no one has ever died from not having. If the worry about a big loss on the NIB purchase is a concern, then people just shouldn't do it. Lots of other pins out there.

Wait a year or two, buy a NIB Premium or an HUO on the secondary market when the price has been established/stabilized and go from there.

#6154 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If the worry about a big loss on the NIB purchase is a concern, then people just shouldn't do it. Lots of other pins out there.

Wait a year or two, buy a NIB Premium or an HUO on the secondary market when the price has been established/stabilized and go from there.

Period. Succinctly describes the pinball market in 3 sentences.

Smart thing to do is wait, but we are impatient and fickle.

Like I'm getting another pin delivered in the AM. It's a TSPP, been waiting a LONG time for that one to arrive

#6155 5 years ago

New munsters code just dropped.... sweet. There's a secret mania mode and also a midnight madness mode. Lots of stuff added and fixed also . You can also see lots of add on and fixes in the readme from the prior .90 update also. Looks like some good things happening with munsters. Cant wait to get mine.

#6156 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's not zero, but WWE LE owners took a bath and are still sinking. XMEN LE owners lost a few thousand, too. Ask them if they think the value discussion is pointless.

X-men LE has dropped a few thousand? You sure? They were roughly $6400 shipped NIB back then. That would pit HUO around $3400 roughly. Deal of the century.

#6157 5 years ago

So Munsters definitely has Midnight Madness.....

PRO V0.91 - January 28, 2019
============================
Fixed:
- Fixed issue where the playfield multipliers would not reset if they were
bumped during the grace period.
- Enlarging Ray from mystery will now complete Grandpa.
- Adjustment to disable SPOT was spelled wrong
- Fixed an issue while entering initials with 10 characters turned on

New:
- Added Secret Mania - You need a code. The first clue of the code is findable
- Each of the 5 family members has an area:
- Lily: the LILY bank
- Eddie: Either Orbit
- Herman: Herman toy
- Grandpa: Left ramp
- Marilyn: Right ramp
- Shoot each area to collect them. Collect all 5 for a bonus.
- Added Midnight Madness - Set your clock and start playing just before
midnight.
- Added Midnight Madness Champion
- Added Adjustments for Midnight Madness.
- MIDNIGHT MADNESS MULTIBALL - YES = The mode will run.
- MANDNESS CHAMP ATTRACT SOUNDS - YES = The game will chime on the hour
- The Mystery Feature now always lights MYSTERY SUPER JACKPOT in addition to
a random feature
- Spot Toy pops up at game start for a few seconds or when the ball is plunged

Tweaked:
- Raven Restart background lamp effect was hiding too many lamps.
- Tightened up the orbit timers to allow for awards even if balls are kicking
from the Dragula or the ball shooter.
- Removed the white shots from SPOT. They don't mean anything anymore.
- Changed default replay to 30M
- Adjusted the weights for Mystery and made Mystery more intelligent
- Removed redundant audits
- Improved the timing of some speech calls
- Grandpa can no longer be advanced during Spot

#6158 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fixed:
New:
midnight.
a random feature
Tweaked:

And a secret mode.... good stuff.

#6159 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

X-men LE has dropped a few thousand? You sure? They were roughly $6400 shipped NIB back then. That would pit HUO around $3400 roughly. Deal of the century.

I was thinking more like "few" being "two". But if they were 6400 new, more like $1500. It came up a little after the code got fixed after years of being terrible.

#6160 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

And a secret mode.... good stuff.

Love how they call the Lily monobar a "Lily Bank." You can't have ONE giant, ugly, cost-saving rectangle be a "bank" unless you're talking about where that cost reduction money went at Stern.

#6161 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Love how they call the Lily monobar a "Lily Bank." You can't have ONE giant, ugly, cost-saving rectangle be a "bank" unless you're talking about where that cost reduction money went at Stern.

Lmao

#6162 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Love how they call the Lily monobar a "Lily Bank." You can't have ONE giant, ugly, cost-saving rectangle be a "bank"....

Never played pool?

#6163 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never played pool?

Eh, that's more of a stretch than calling a single target a bank.

But "bank" as shorthand for a Stern feature cost reduction is a funny idea, and they contributed it.

#6164 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eh, that's more of a stretch than calling a single target a bank.

I think it's around the same length as a regulation 9' pool table Bank

How much does it actually save them if it still has multiple switches though?

#6165 5 years ago

There's always something spooking going on in the Munster house. Introducing the Munsters "Googly Eye" custom 3D pop bumper cap mod! Scary detail fitting of this amazing game. Hand made Glass retina for true authenticity with fine airbrush details to complete the look. Simple install and designed to illuminate from the stock pop lamp for full scary glowing eye effect!! Keep an eye on this product available Now from the Mod Couple store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
#6166 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI guys, going forward, my beer belly is called the "six pack bank".

beer.gifbeer.gif
#6167 5 years ago

Why do I feel like I need BM66 now!?

#6168 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There's always something spooking going on in the Munster house. Introducing the Munsters "Googly Eye" custom 3D pop bumper cap mod! Scary detail fitting of this amazing game. Hand made Glass retina for true authenticity with fine airbrush details to complete the look. Simple install and designed to illuminate from the stock pop lamp for full scary glowing eye effect!! Keep an eye on this product available Now from the Mod Couple store
The
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could you post grandpa, so I can combine shipping.
Magicchiz

#6169 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

What he said!

#6170 5 years ago

Yup waiting on grandpa mod too . Then will
Order to save on shipping

#6171 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Smart thing to do is wait,

Dude...are you smoking crack tonight or something? If you think im waiting on The Munsters you are out of your mind!

#6172 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude...are you smoking crack tonight or something? If you think im waiting on The Munsters you are out of your mind!

Especially if u wanna pro bc after this week le on the line. Better order that pro now and u can have it next week

#6173 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Especially if u wanna pro bc after this week le on the line. Better order that pro now and u can have it next week

I dont wanna wait but i got to. Got too many irons in the fire at the moment but i will be ordering soon. When they do the LE run will they make all 600 of them before moving on to the Premium's?

#6174 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont wanna wait but i got to. Got too many irons in the fire at the moment but i will be ordering soon. When they do the LE run will they make all 600 of them before moving on to the Premium's?

I believe so .. it will be a while before more pros are on the line.... probably end of March ?

#6175 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure.

I’m scheduled to receive my LE by the end of next week. I am told the Premium will arrive in early March.

#6176 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Not sure.
I’m scheduled to receive my LE by the end of next week. I am told the Premium will arrive in early March.

I thought le started on the line next mon? But stern can make some pins fast so that's definitely possible lol.

#6177 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Not sure.

Really, Did your disty tell you this?

#6178 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Anybody who BUYS a pinball machine is coming from a position of ridiculous privilege

I would have to agree, if you can afford a NIB pinball machine nowadays-you probably are doing ok financially. Should people be worried about potentially losing money if they sell in the future-no. These are just big boy toys and if you have enough disposable income to buy one then I would consider yourself fortunate. Many LE machines have depreciated over original value recently, so chances are Munsters may depreciate as well. People should not be concerned about losing or making money off newer pins, I lost my ass on X-MEN LE-but I still flippin love it. Lost out on Ghostbusters LE-but I still love it, Lost out on Star Wars LE-but I still love it, the list goes on and on. Buy a game for the pinball passion-and sometimes you lose and sometimes you win when it comes time to sell. Funny-all of my LE machines have lost money from date of purchase-but have all become keepers-so I guess if I never sell-I never lose?

#6179 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would have to agree, if you can afford a NIB pinball machine nowadays-you probably are doing ok financially. Should people be worried about potentially losing money if they sell in the future-no. These are just big boy toys and if you have enough disposable income to buy one then I would consider yourself fortunate. Many LE machines have depreciated over original value recently, so chances are Munsters may depreciate as well. People should not be concerned about losing or making money off newer pins, I lost my ass on X-MEN LE-but I still flippin love it. Lost out on Ghostbusters LE-but I still love it, Lost out on Star Wars LE-but I still love it, the list goes on and on. Buy a game for the pinball passion-and sometimes you lose and sometimes you win when it comes time to sell. Funny-all of my LE machines have lost money from date of purchase-but have all become keepers-so I guess if I never sell-I never lose?

You're talking about a difference between the rich and the uber rich. There's a difference..even if the government pretends there's not.

#6180 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You're talking about a difference between the rich and the uber rich. There's a difference..even if the government pretends there's not.

No one's getting rich driving for Uber.

#6181 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Why do I feel like I need BM66 now!?

i have to admit i crapped on bm66 for a long time but i want one now.

#6182 5 years ago

I don't get the whole "we shouldn't worry about value" argument. Yes, these are toys and purchased for fun, but it is still a market of supply and demand, and supply is surpassing demand. If you have a collection that's worth, say, 100 grand to keep it simple, you could be losing 20 grand in value pretty quick with the current inflated market. Just because we can afford these toys doesn't mean we should just simply ignore perceived and real value. That's just rediculous. I'm interested in market value as I am now willing to wait, regardless of the license and game as I know the value on the secondary market will be consistently going down. My IMDNLE is one of ten sold in Canada (my last NIB), and I bet I'd still eat a loss on it. It's a secondary purchaser's market right now, and the discussion about it is valid, welcome and interesting.

#6183 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i have to admit i crapped on bm66 for a long time but i want one now.

Bat-karma is a bitch ...

#6184 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one's getting rich driving for Uber.

Then they're doing it wrong. I made my first billion in uber. Let's hope they never find the bodies.

#6185 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Then they're doing it wrong. I made my first billion in uber. Let's hope they never find the bodies.

Bugs on the windshield don't count, and no one's looking for the juicy remains, so you're safe.

#6186 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Bring Grandpa Munster to LIFE with the Mod couple "Electric Chair Grandpa" custom illuminated Mod! Extremely sculpted and detailed literally from head to toe. Each mod is hand painted to meticulous detail. Know when to shoot for Grandpas laboratory when the electrodes on his chair (tied to the Grandpa scoop) light up his chair! No detail was overlooked from his electrode helmet to his naughty Playghoul book on his armrest. Fitting and color neutral pattern to fit well with ALL Munsters models. Very simple plug and play installation with color illustrated instructions. This was honestly one of our Biggest mod challenges but we feel Very proud of the final result. We hope everyone loves him as much as we did creating him in honor of this wonderful title. In stock and available NOW from our website store. Thanks to Everyone for the Incredible support of our products and creations. Especially this one. Our personal side tribute to the amazing Adams Family! Enjoy.

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#6187 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fixed:
New:
midnight.
a random feature
Tweaked:

Not much added new to code other than
Secret Mania
Midnight Madness

Not really an update imo

#6188 5 years ago

Nice update and follow-up from Stern on this release..keep em coming !!

#6189 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Not much added new
Secret Mania
Midnight Madness
Not really an update imo

I have a feeling that you arent going to be happy no matter what they do.

#6190 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Bring Grandpa Munster to LIFE with the Mod couple "Electric Chair Grandpa" custom illuminated Mod! Extremely sculpted and detailed literally from head to toe. Each mod is hand painted to meticulous detail. Know when to shoot for Grandpas laboratory when the electrodes on his chair (tied to the Grandpa scoop) light up his chair! No detail was overlooked from his electrode helmet to his naughty Playghoul book on his armrest. Fitting and color neutral pattern to fit well with ALL Munsters models. Very simple plug and play installation with color illustrated instructions. This was honestly one of our Biggest mod challenges but we feel Very proud of the final result. We hope everyone loves him as much as we did creating him in honor of this wonderful title. In stock and available NOW from our website store. Thanks to Everyone for the Incredible support of our products and creations. Especially this one. Our personal side tribute to the amazing Adams Family! Enjoy.
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Order is in. Thanks for posting.
Magicchiz

#6191 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Damn... I pick mine up for 1000 more then that, and I thought I got a pretty descent deal. Would of loved to find a 3400 dollar Xmen.

#6192 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that you arent going to be happy no matter what they do.

Incorrect, add 4 drop targets to the premiums and LEs Lily bank, and add more depth atleast to level 2s code.

#6193 5 years ago
Quoted from heme:

Damn... I pick mine up for 1000 more then that, and I thought I got a pretty descent deal. Would of loved to find a 3400 dollar Xmen.

I brought my Xmen Le nib.
Love the game,shots,layout. best bang for buck in todays rising prices.

#6194 5 years ago

I’m reeeeeally thinking of skipping Munsters in favor of AFMr now

Still following this thread tho

#6195 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Incorrect, add 4 drop targets to the premiums and LEs Lily bank, and add more depth atleast to level 2s code.

This guys bang on the money.
Agree 100%

#6196 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I dont know PW i think that may be a mistake possibly. I would play a Munsters first and then decide if i were you.

#6197 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Afm wld be a great addition to your collection and something different .

#6198 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Quoted from Wotto:

This guys bang on the money.
Agree 100%

Not gonna happen... .. except maybe the code part.

#6199 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

There has been more depth to level 2's code according to Dwight. As far as the drop targets go i will agree with you other than the fact that you say they shouldn't be added to the pros. Drop targets arent a big deal and they should be on every game. Drop targets were on old EM's so its not like they're anything special, costly, or fancy. A Pro model pinball machine shouldn't be a stripped down piece of shit. You are talking about a 5500-6 thousand dollar pinball machine. Thats big F'ing money dude and they should have drop targets instead of that stupid rail or whatever you call it. Regardless of all that though, they arent going to add drop targets now because this game is in production and it is what it is and its going to remain that way.

#6200 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not gonna happen... .. except maybe the code part.

Not with Stern $$$$$$$$$ Agree

At least JJP has listened to his customers and has changed things before on a previous machine....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/124?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.