(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 164.
#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Must say the price in Oz is ridiculous for sure. It would have to be real special table to spend that much. Way over priced.

Same.
The price in Canada is roughly identical to get a nib Prem. Not Sterns fault about exchange rates, but it would have to be a pretty special pin without cost cutting measures to even be considered buying.
My one man non-purchasing stance will not be felt I’m sure, but holy, I don’t know if I personally will ever buy nib again!

#6052 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Squizz, that target and the DRAGULA ultimately made up my mind not to proceed with a 12k AUD Premium. They WERE the deal breaker for me

Hi wotto.

I must admit, if i hadn't already payed half upfront for the LE before the pictures and shallow rules were shown! I too would have likely passed on purchase myself mate.

Also know of another guy who passed in his MunLE the other day....
Seems to be a few unhappy with what they have seen.

I can understand dragula as a 1 piece target, but Lily has no excuses!!!! just plain old penny pinching.

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Same.
The price in Canada is roughly identical to get a nib Prem. Not Sterns fault about exchange rates, but it would have to be a pretty special pin without cost cutting measures to even be considered buying.
My one man non-purchasing stance will not be felt I’m sure, but holy, I don’t know if I personally will ever buy nib again!

I feel ya.

Prices for JJP are approx same as Sterns LEs here, but the build quality of Jacks machines are far superior!
you can see where the money is, and you know keith will do justice with the titles as too Lyman does.

If ony JJP could produce 2 titles a year, I think Stern would feel the pinch and give us more of what we should be seeing for a 14k Le or 12k premium

#6054 5 years ago

It's a Meeeee

#6055 5 years ago

I saw local pinsiders ItsOnlyPinball Methos and pfcjimmy out playing Munsters on route yesterday.

What did you guys think of it?

#6056 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You getting the Pro model bigd?

Yes

#6057 5 years ago

Man I keep looking at this thing and it looks sick!!!

#6058 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

the build quality of Jacks machines are far superior!

In what ways? JJP fans love to say this, but often struggle explain it.

#6059 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I could handle 3, always liked that film. Plus a mode with evil Superman vs good Superman wouldn't suck. Still 1 and 2 is a must. Zod has to be there.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes indeed about the 3rd, that’s a nice scene. Zod it is a must 100%!
It is time for Stern to make a blue Pinball(Legs, lockdown bar, side rails), so Superman (1978) LE can be the one.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And JAWS should only be original movie.

...after "Supreme" Pin builded in white, JAWS(1975) should be the next in white (for the LE).

Also, Munsters PRO looked so nice IMO in that purple from the leaked pics

#6060 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Because their cabinets are stronger and heavier. None of that matters to me though if the game inside the cabinet sucks. Lol

#6061 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I saw local pinsiders itsonlypinball methos and pfcjimmy out playing Munsters on route yesterday.
What did you guys think of it?

I was only able to play a few games on the pro, so need some more time on it before I can really make up my mind.

First impressions are it shoots very well and has a very attractive art package. The code seemed basic, and it has been mentioned the layout, shots and collect all characters for wizard mode aspect is very "been there done that". I put it in the same class as GOTG; a nice table for public consumption on route. I will continue to play it, but no plans to pick up. Between the ramps and shots, it's just a rehash of earlier titles.

And the lower end of the PF seems completely empty.

#6062 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I was only able to play a few games on the pro, so need some more time on it before I can really make up my mind.
First impressions are it shoots very well and has a very attractive art package. The code seemed basic, and it has been mentioned the layout, shots and collect all characters for wizard mode aspect is very "been there done that". I put it in the same class as GOTG; a nice table for public consumption on route. I will continue to play it, but no plans to pick up. Between the ramps and shots, it's just a rehash of earlier titles.

That empty bottom part of the playfield though will make the game fast and flowie! No need for a bash toy right in the middle like the well walker.

#6063 5 years ago

I own both (no spike though as i'm not willing to go there) It's like two cars that both drive really well. One of them is heavier, quieter and just feels well put together. The other is still a lot of fun but just feels a bit lighter and more fragile.

#6064 5 years ago

Better wood, for one. Cabinet wood is substantially better than Stern's cost-reduced stuff currently. Playfields are better wood, too. Proven harder, and the difference is obvious if you have a Stern next to a JJP on route. The Stern usually (I say usually because sometimes certain Stern releases or runs inexplicably have harder playfield wood) has substiantally bigger divots. Better cabinet leg plates. Bigger LCD, obviously. Full machine RGB lighting on every machine instead of the spot RGB Stern cheaps out with now. There's a long list.

#6065 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I own both (no spike though as i'm not willing to go there) It's like two cars that both drive really well. One of them is heavier, quieter and just feels well put together. The other is still a lot of fun but just feels a bit lighter and more fragile.

Ha...that's the way I feel about CGC vs Stern

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In Dwight's defense, he has coded GB, GOT, SW and now Munsters.
Lyman has done TWD, BM66 and whatever he's on now.
I love the theme, layout by Borg and the artwork of Franchi. Yes you can absolutely know for yourself if you want to buy it watching a few hours of a stream.
The one thing you don't get with not actually playing it and putting at least 300 games on it is how good the code is or can really be.
If it doesn't work out with Munsters I might just stick with buying Lyman only games in the future.

Lyman probably should be the only pins we purchase code wise. Clearly he's the master and everyone else is grasshoppers

#6067 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I feel ya.

Prices for JJP are approx same as Sterns LEs here, but the build quality of Jacks machines are far superior!
you can see where the money is, and you know keith will do justice with the titles as too Lyman does.

If ony JJP could produce 2 titles a year, I think Stern would feel the pinch and give us more of what we should be seeing for a 14k Le or 12k premium

They are, I don't see it. A few of the OP's that I know know won't buy JJP due to issues and while all pinball has issues this horseshit with JJP build quality is weak, last week. I wouldn't care if JJP made 3 titles a year with the themes they use and the gameplay to date Stern still has my money. A nice thought for the fanboys but doubtful.

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

did you get any time on Beatles? Which did you like better?

#6069 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I could handle 3, always liked that film. Plus a mode with evil Superman vs good Superman wouldn't suck. Still 1 and 2 is a must. Zod has to be there.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There is some fun stuff they could do with III. Like when the stop light guy crawled into the go light guy's space and they started fighting. They could do some crazy stuff like that on the LCD screen.

But even if they just use stuff from II, I want Brando's scenes in there from the Donner cut. More Brando=better.

#6070 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Better wood, for one. Cabinet wood is substantially better than Stern's cost-reduced stuff currently. Playfields are better wood, too. Proven harder, and the difference is obvious if you have a Stern next to a JJP on route. The Stern usually (I say usually because sometimes certain Stern releases or runs inexplicably have harder playfield wood) has substiantally bigger divots. Better cabinet leg plates. Bigger LCD, obviously. Full machine RGB lighting on every machine instead of the spot RGB Stern cheaps out with now. There's a long list.

So, better plywood, supposedly?

Bigger TV and color-changing lights have nothing to do with build quality.

#6071 5 years ago

JJP cabinet issues have been reported on the forum here before as well (splitting). All volume pinball manufacturers have had a variety issues. $%it happens.

#6072 5 years ago

I think it’s odd that people are saying Munsters is a rehash of a game from a few years ago but compare it to MBr which is a rehash of a game from decades ago.
Munsters LE-hella expensive no doubt but it’s a very good looking game and the premium looks bad ass IMO
Pro looks tight as well looks like there as much as any other recent game from stern on the Munsters
I guess it all comes down to code or whether you like something or not

#6073 5 years ago

I really like all 3 cabs that they came out with. But, I would have to change out that green t-trim on the pro with-out a doubt though. Just doesn't look like it belongs. The color shade is wrong.

#6074 5 years ago

So, better plywood, supposedly?
Bigger TV and color-changing lights have nothing to do with build quality.

Not supposedly, DEFINITELY better plywood on the cabinet and playfield, and better corner brackets on the cabinet.

#6075 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We got one on route today and I would agree with this. The art is beautiful and the video clips that are there are well done. Ramps are smooth and satisfying to hit. Other than that, it's a very basic game from layout to ruleset. I got to the wizard mode on my second game and yes, I know it is going to have levels, but so far it only showed levels I and II and I almost had all the level II's completed as well. The wizard mode is fun as it sits though, lot of different shots to shot for that all have different effects. One different idea in the game I liked is the zap feature when you hit a standup, you have a couple of seconds to hit the button to build your zap jackpot. I like the risk / reward option on the Super Jackpots too, but SJP seemed to light so often, I never found myself cancelling really because of that and the fact that you only get about .5 seconds to cancel out of it if you want to. The super jackpot shot is a nice shot though, it feels good nailing it, then you get the Dragula (reverse Batmobile without the teeter totter) kick out after it. I wasn't a fan of the Spot shot on the ramp, but they made it better with the .90 code upgrade. You get a nice display effect and light show now when you hit it. Overall, the game is fun to play and I look forward to playing it more on route, but it wouldn't hold my interest in a home environment.

One other thing that I noticed was that there were lots of other people there, younger crowd, and they were all playing pinball, but no one besides me paid any attention to Munster's. It is literally only hours old at that location, but people were playing Star Wars, KISS, Guardians of the Galaxy instead. Obviously this is a very limited time frame, but I'm not sure if the younger/casual demographic knows enough/anything about Munster's to get them to play the game over more popular themes there. I have access to the audits at this location, so it should be interesting to see how it plays out in the future.

#6076 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We got one on route today and I would agree with this. The art is beautiful and the video clips that are there are well done. Ramps are smooth and satisfying to hit. Other than that, it's a very basic game from layout to ruleset. I got to the wizard mode on my second game and yes, I know it is going to have levels, but so far it only showed levels I and II and I almost had all the level II's completed as well. The wizard mode is fun as it sits though, lot of different shots to shot for that all have different effects. One different idea in the game I liked is the zap feature when you hit a standup, you have a couple of seconds to hit the button to build your zap jackpot. I like the risk / reward option on the Super Jackpots too, but SJP seemed to lit so often, I never found myself cancelling really because of that and the fact that you only get about .5 seconds to cancel out of it if you want to. The super jackpot shot is a nice shot though, it feels good nailing it, then you get the Dragula (reverse Batmobile without the teeter totter) kick out after it. I wasn't a fan of the Spot shot on the ramp. As it sits now, it's hard to tell if it even registered, no fanfare, and the ball doesn't come off that shot very well since it is part way up the ramp. Overall, the game is fun to play and I look forward to playing it more on route, but it wouldn't hold my interest in a home environment.

You have Wrestlemania, Nascar, and X-Men in your collection. Please tell me its better than those three games??

#6077 5 years ago

When did pinball stop being about high scores and about reaching 'the end' and how long it takes to get there?

#6078 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have Wrestlemania, Nascar, and X-Men in your collection. Plaeas tell me its better than those three games??

Nascar I only picked up because it was cheap, I don't have any fondness for the game. That game will be leaving soon. I really like X-Men, so much so I sold my Pro and bought an LE and I like Wrestlemania because it's different and difficult...but it does need a code update and the bugs fixed. I think Munster's is a better game overall than Nascar and Wrestlemania (not X-men) in it's current state, but when you factor in that you would have to pay 1.5-2x as much as those games or more to get a Munsters, the decision over which is better isn't as cut and dry to me. I'm really not the one to ask about NIB games though, I've never bought NIB because personally I don't see the value in it for what you are getting back. We are lucky enough here to have all the new games on route locally, so I don't have to go out and buy all the new games to enjoy them.

#6079 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When did pinball stop being about high scores and about reaching 'the end' and how long it takes to get there?

For me, when they started implementing ridiculous multipliers that someone can easily luck into to score big. For instance, you aren't going to luck into getting to We're Ready to Believe You, but you can much easier luck into a 5 billion point or more game on Ghostbusters because of the multiplier and the skill shot. It takes a lot of the skill out of it IMHO when it is so unbalanced and we are seeing that more and more with huge bonuses and multiplied shots on Guardians of the Galaxy, same thing on Star Wars with the 40x multiplier. I still play for both, but it is usually much harder to "beat" a game than it is to get a high score on it nowadays.

#6080 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For me, when they started implementing ridiculous multipliers that someone can easily luck into to score big. For instance, you aren't going to luck into getting to We're Ready to Believe You, but you can easily luck into a 5 billion point game on Ghostbusters. It takes a lot of the skill out of it when it is so unbalanced. I still play for both, but it is usually much hard to "beat" a game than it is to get a high score on it.

I have serious playfield multiplier fatigue. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

#6081 5 years ago

A few parts showed up in the mail that I want to change out when I receive my Munsters Pro-Black T Molding for the backbox,A shooter lane rail protector,Titan rubbers to do the whole playfield,Cliffy's post sleeves,New Marco black flipper rubber-(I like regular old school rubber for the flippers) Better & more controllable than Titan flipper silicone rubber IMO

20190128_145404.jpg20190128_145404.jpg
#6082 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The '90s? As soon as games had modes and wizard modes and 'endings' to even see? It's not like this is any kind of new phenomenon. People were complaining ages ago about shallow code and bad endings, it was just about wishing for jewels on TOTAN or the wizard mode lacking of TOM.

But when you're playing on route who cares? And when pins were cheap at auctions if you were ready to clean them up who cares? The issue now is the bang per buck, prices make you expect more now. And fair enough, it's a lot of money just to play a game.

#6083 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

$8300 toy makes u "deep pocketed" oh wait you didn't bat an eye.

i bet the man buys cases of grey poupon!!
i dont have deep pockets. just a working stiff that can buy a few pins play them and then move on to the next ones hopefully with minimal loss at the time of sale. i have about 24k to play with for pin purchases. that can buy 3-8 decent pins depending on what i want to have in the house. right now i am pin poor i dont own a single pin. i am waiting for my mb le and maybe buy a munsters pro to have. looking for a fishtales or bsd. 3 will be ok for now. buying pro cause i like the playfield art and a simple ruleset is ok by me. i just like to flip, no tourneys nothing difficult heck i set mine to 5 balls.

#6084 5 years ago

Really? The cabinets are built far better, the entire head of the cabinet is still made out of wood, a proper lockdown bar is still used, oh and the power button is still in a convenient location. I just pulled those off the top of my head really quick, can add many more.

#6085 5 years ago

Thanks for that.

#6086 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

the entire head of the cabinet is still made out of wood

Again with the wood. Stop please ur killing me.

#6087 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i bet the man buys cases of grey poupon!!

No I drink Johnny Walker Black but nice try. All I'm saying is deep pockets is all relevant to how much money u have. Buying a 250K car is deep pockets to prretty much all of us but to some its a weekend. Not me mind you, I can buy a new pin once a year and thats what I like, I don't go on vacation, I don't have kids we all have.............Ahh who cares.

#6088 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For me, when they started implementing ridiculous multipliers that someone can easily luck into to score big.

I think it's easier and requires less resources to make a game deep by using multipliers and intricate scoring rules than it does by using modes and story progression.

They don't need a bunch of sound, display and lighting effects to count from 1x to 40x.

#6089 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i dont have deep pockets. just a working stiff that can buy a few pins play them and then move on to the next ones hopefully with minimal loss at the time of sale. i have about 24k to play with for pin purchases. that can buy 3-8 decent pins depending on what i want to have in the house.

That amount sounds like what the average neighbor may have spent on something that we never thought of "as deep pockets"
Such as..cycle..atv...snow mobile..small lake boat..personal watercraft, camper, or any other toy including (heaven forbid) PinBall Machines.

Some here think $8300 is deep pockets ...why...cause it's a pinball machine? Toys are toys.

#6090 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Some here think $8300 is deep pockets ...why...cause it's a pinball machine? Toys are toys.

exactly, my brother always makes little cracks on how it must be nice to have money for pinball machines that cost 8K yet he just bought a dinning room table for 7K that you eat food off of and its just fine. What wrong with a nice $800 ikea dinner table that leaves plenty for a Stern Pro. so yes its "cause its a pinball machine" which is really stupid.

#6091 5 years ago

Just found out that i get to play Munsters Wednesday. Soooo excited, been waiting for this day a long time! I hope it is everything that i am hoping for and not a letdown!

#6092 5 years ago

I really wldnt call Munster madness a wizard mode as its really not far away from the start button. This game isn't really about getting there its more about stacking your jackpots/superjackpots and zap pots and maximizing the multiplier with all that. Also i believe the better you do in your modes the more munster madness is worth. It also matters what order you start the madness modes in to maximize scores during that mode . At least when you get threw everything it changes up somewhat and gets more difficult and adds hurry ups. It cld just start over exactly the same as many pins do . Think people are to hung up on Munster madness...just play the game and have fun which i think it does. Ive had so many deep pins that ive never seen half of what's coded lol.

#6093 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I really wldnt call Munster madness a wizard mode as its really not far away from the start button. This game isn't really about getting there its more about stacking your jackpots/superjackpots and zap pots and maximizing the multiplier with all that. Also i believe the better you do in your modes the more munster madness is worth. It also matters what order you start the madness modes in to maximize scores during that mode . At least when you get threw everything it changes up somewhat and gets more difficult and adds hurry ups. It cld just start over exactly the same as many pins do . Think people are to hung up on Munster madness...just play the game and have fun which i think it does. Ive had so many deep pins that ive never seen half of what's coded lol.

Spot on

#6094 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thanks for that.

I could have said harder wood.

Longer-lasting wood?

Smoother wood?

Thicker wood?

The list goes on and on.

#6095 5 years ago

You enjoying it so far?

#6096 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This reminds me of a time a LONG time ago when a game company sent out a wrestling game to the press that sucked as a wrestling game, so the PR firm sent it with a multi-page set of instructions as to how to play it not as a wrestling game to make it fun. Unfortunately, even with their anti-instructions, it still was not fun. I think I still have that letter. Point is, you can explain how a game is supposed to be played, but if it's repetitive or boring or not fun, that's the key takeaway. BTW the not-wrestling wrestling game bombed.

Hoping Dwight is burning the midnight oil with a couple jr programmers and artists to get more code into the game.

#6097 5 years ago

Anyone find the secret mania mode yet?

#6098 5 years ago

Truthfully, if you are HUO and don't play tournaments, who F ing cares about huge scoring and how you get there?

You are playing against yourself and sure that matters if you are competitive but how many people really study the code, strategies and how to score higher?

Who has the time? Especially if you have a shitload of pins.

Part of the beauty of pinball is the journey over the years of each game and figuring out the nuances. Don't need to know it right away (except for TWD)

#6099 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This reminds me of a time a LONG time ago when a game company sent out a wrestling game to the press that sucked as a wrestling game, so the PR firm sent it with a multi-page set of instructions as to how to play it not as a wrestling game to make it fun. Unfortunately, even with their anti-instructions, it still was not fun. I think I still have that letter. Point is, you can explain how a game is supposed to be played, but if it's repetitive or boring or not fun, that's the key takeaway. BTW the not-wrestling wrestling game bombed.
Hoping Dwight is burning the midnight oil with a couple jr programmers and artists to get more code into the game.

But everyone said munsters is fun ... it fast and flows well also. I'm looking fwd to blowing up the score and not concerned about seeing Munster madness soon after i start playing . If its a huge deal.ill change some settings and set things up more difficult just like i do on my wpc pins.

#6100 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Truthfully, if you are HUO and don't play tournaments, who F ing cares about huge scoring and how you get there?
You are playing against yourself and sure that matters if you are competitive but how many people really study the code, strategies and how to score higher?
Who has the time? Especially if you have a shitload of pins.
Part of the beauty of pinball is the journey over the years of each game and figuring out the nuances. Don't need to know it right away (except for TWD)

Well u may not be happy with munsters than bc its not a journey game. Its more like mb and other wpc pins .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.