(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 164.
#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree on the targets. Have you ever played a Monster Bash remake yet? If so which game do you like the best between Munsters and Monster Bash remake? Sorry for all the questions but this is important stuff here.

I have played all versions of the MB from the secret open house to private collection. All are honestly breathtaking and a good buy if you like the gameplay and theme. I am a bit biased as I have a hobbit height basement arcade so the LE topper would not fit without a Sawzall but if I bought in I would go with the SE personally. Had all the flair of the LE and all the features I would like. Do NOT take this as a negative but as a minor germ fobe I wasn't a fan of the engraved lock bar either. Seems like every dirty hand would forever be with me lol. Way beautiful game though. At heart I am a Munsters diehard fan so I had to go Munsters LE.

#6002 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have played all versions of the MB from the secret open house to private collection. All are honestly breathtaking and a good buy if you like the gameplay and theme. I am a bit biased as I have a hobbit height basement arcade so the LE topper would not fit without a Sawzall but if I bought in I would go with the SE personally. Had all the flair of the LE and all the features I would like. Do NOT take this as a negative but as a minor germ fobe I wasn't a fan of the engraved lock bar either. Seems like every dirty hand would forever be with me lol. Way beautiful game though. At heart I am a Munsters diehard fan so I had to go Munsters LE.

So you think that Munsters pro is as fun as MBR then? Im hoping Munsters is just as good but i like MB a lot also and it has tons of cool toys and its a great shooting game as well.

#6003 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you think that Munsters pro is as fun as MBR then? Im hoping Munsters is just as good but i like MB a lot also and it has tons of cool toys and its a great shooting game as well.

I'm going to have to go with the jury is still out on that for me... MBr is an incredible game no question and a tough one to compare as it already has a proven track record. Judging, I will definitely say Munsters still needs (and will get) some code/animation updates for sure. Nitpicking but I felt like the Munsters pro was rather dark in the center of the playfield. With no inserts or center playfield I would bet most people will add secondary spot lights or PS type lighting on the Pro. At this point pricing aside I would maybe go Mbr over the Pro but I note again I am Biased as I really like the mini playfield of the Premium and LE!

#6004 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm going to have to go with the jury is still out on that for me... MBr is an incredible game no question and a tough one to compare as it already has a proven track record. Judging, I will definitely say Munsters still needs (and will get) some code/animation updates for sure. Nitpicking but I felt like the Munsters pro was rather dark in the center of the playfield. With no inserts or center playfield I would bet most people will add secondary spot lights or PS type lighting on the Pro. At this point pricing aside I would maybe go Mbr over the Pro but I note again I am Biased as I really like the mini playfield of the Premium and LE!

I like how the mini playfield looks but i dont know if i will actually like it ir not. Not a fan of lower playfields and especially a lower playfield with those little Stewie pinballs. I hope im wrong though and that i like it because i really dig that black and white premium model!

#6005 5 years ago

I've played Munsters pro this weekend and I didn't like it at all.
It's fun for a few games in a bar, but not for in a collection.
Most people told it was to easy, and not much to do...

Another thing is that Munsters is unknown in Belgium (maybe also the rest of Europe) so for us this is a bad theme.

#6006 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I've played Munsters pro this weekend and I didn't like it at all.
It's fun for a few games in a bar, but not for in a collection.
Most people told it was to easy, and not much to do...
Another thing is that Munsters is unknown in Belgium (maybe also the rest of Europe) so for us this is a bad theme.

Do you think the theme played a part in you not liking the game? Just wondering because i cant imagine it not shooting pretty good being a Borg game.

#6007 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you think the theme played a part in you not liking the game? Just wondering because i cant imagine it not shooting pretty good being a Borg game.

For me the theme is not the problem.

#6008 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

For me the theme is not the problem.

What didnt you like about it? The rules to easy or it doesn't shoot good or what?

#6009 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What didnt you like about it? The rules to easy or it doesn't shoot good or what?

playfield lay out is so basic, rules are very simple, just not my cup of tea.
I like strategy pins (TWD, GOT, SW), but I also know guys who likes The Munsters a lot because of it's simplicity.

#6010 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah looks like the game should shoot well. The rumors and now reports of simple code are concerning. A modern game can pull off basic code just fine if it's not about progressing through story based modes or modes that surround characters from a theme. TNA does this great.

However, in my opinion 5 modes on a modern pin based off of a TV show and costing $6k-$9k is not enough. For the price Stern is charging the level 2 and level 3 modes for the 5 character modes should all be unique with their own unique assets.

#6011 5 years ago

Most borg layouts are fan/basic layouts .... that said they are fast /flowy and fun to shoot. Most top pins are based off this layout for a reason. They are not for everyone but overall
most people like this which is why its used so much.

#6012 5 years ago

Found this website - lots for everyone.

http://www.munsterland.net

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Found this website - lots for everyone.
http://www.munsterland.net

Last Updated 3/17/2007

At least it wasn't hosted on GeoCities or Angelfire.

#6014 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

However, in my opinion 5 modes on a modern pin based off of a TV show and costing $6k-$9k is not enough. For the price Stern is charging the level 2 and level 3 modes for the 5 character modes should all be unique with their own unique assets.

100% agree with that statement.

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree on the targets. Have you ever played a Monster Bash remake yet? If so which game do you like the best between Munsters and Monster Bash remake? Sorry for all the questions but this is important stuff here.

MBR by a country mile.

#6016 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

MBR by a country mile.

No Munsters destined for the Domino Arcade?

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No Munsters destined for the Domino Arcade?

Doubtful after all his comments on how simple / easy it is.

#6018 5 years ago

Little bit concerned by all this talk of boring and shallow code. Like many I’ve been weighing up MBr and Munsters. I ordered Munsters LE over MBr because MBr is “old” and shallow (by today’s standards). I’m a sucker for LE’s so I don’t have the chance to play it before committing (first world problems).

I like the idea of the lower pf (I happen to like them) and that’s a plus to Munsters over MBr. But if I was considering Munsters Pro vs MBr Classic, it would be MBr Classic all the way. Price between those 2 is similar in the US?

At least with MBr it’s a known classic. Plus it’s Lyman!!!!! Who knows how Munsters turns out, but I doubt much is going to change from the current code.

#6019 5 years ago

MBr was good in its day. But it’s old shallow code and game play by today’s standards, doesn’t hold a candle to what Munsters will end up becoming. Like windows 95 versus today’s windows code. World of difference. The LCD original Munsters show IP assests alone, blast it past MBr simple dot matrix screen. This adds to the over all experience of fun and excitement.

Munsters will be heads and shoulders over MBr, it’s just a matter of time and updates. Stern won’t be outdone by MBr, since they have a vested interest for at least the next 3 to 4 years of sales.

#6020 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters will be heads and shoulders over MBr, it’s just a matter of time and updates. Stern won’t be outdone by MBr, since they have a vested interest for at least the next 3 to 4 years of sales.

If this were a Lyman code production, I'd buy that hook, line, and sinker. But this is Dwight. He doesn't have a great record of extending and even cleaning up his code. Game of Thrones has serious issues, and Ghostbusters is missing the whole wizard mode in addition to being a buggy mess. So I'd recommend buying with the idea that what's there is most of what will be there in the end.

#6021 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But this is Dwight.

Ok but so he also did SW and that game is amazing.

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If this were a Lyman code production, I'd buy that hook, line, and sinker. But this is Dwight. He doesn't have a great record of extending and even cleaning up his code. Game of Thrones has serious issues, and Ghostbusters is missing the whole wizard mode in addition to being a buggy mess. So I'd recommend buying with the idea that what's there is most of what will be there in the end.

Some of what you’re complaining about is not Dwight’s fault. It has more to do with how much time Stern gives him to work on it.

It’s not fair to expect every coder to bring it home and work off hours like Lyman. He’s the exception, not the rule.

#6023 5 years ago

Played a couple of games of Munsters pro today . I enjoyed playing the game the ramps were very satisfying to hit on the game. Scoring seemed kinda unbalanced in my opinion and code could use some work but it's early and I'm sure the code will hopefully get better in the future.

#6024 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Some of what you’re complaining about is not Dwight’s fault. It has more to do with how much time Stern gives him to work on it.
It’s not fair to expect every coder to bring it home and work off hours like Lyman. He’s the exception, not the rule.

His fault or not, it's what comes with a Dwight machine - less polish, unfinished features. Better than Lonnie, but still unacceptable. People just need to know that going in instead of fantasizing about a smorgasbord of new Munsters rules and features post launch that likely aren't coming. The Level 2 and Level 3 rounds being the same only harder, especially, is totally BS given the shallow content and easy gameplay.

They DO have a lot more jr coders in at Stern nowadays, I hear. Dwight doesn't have to do it all. He can handle the big picture stuff, and let the juniors execute the details. If he's not already, he needs to learn to delegate.

All of that said, we have a Pro and Premium coming for the route I help with. But it's with eyes wide open.

#6025 5 years ago

As well as Munsters has sold out of the gate I'm willing to bet more code is on the way. I think its pretty good at release and Obviously can only get more enhanced . Only time will tell tho and the chance we take.

#6026 5 years ago

I loved the idea of MB. I kept an original NOS playfield from 1998/1999 for years. Finally had the playfield cleared and had a fantastic restoration done. The game was a crown jewel in my game room. It didn’t last much more than six months. It was beautiful, I loved the music, but it was just so shallow. And I’m not a very good player. Sold one of the nicest MBs that probably exist and don’t regret it for a second.

I think Munsters is shallow (currently) but I would absolutely choose it over MB/MBR

#6027 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

His fault or not, it's what comes with a Dwight machine - less polish, unfinished features. Better than Lonnie, but still unacceptable. People just need to know that going in instead of fantasizing about a smorgasbord of new Munsters rules and features post launch that likely aren't coming. The Level 2 and Level 3 rounds being the same only harder, especially, is totally BS given the shallow content and easy gameplay.
They DO have a lot more jr coders in at Stern nowadays, I hear. Dwight doesn't have to do it all. He can handle the big picture stuff, and let the juniors execute the details. If he's not already, he needs to learn to delegate. ...

Dwight stated on his recent Head2Head podcast appearance that once he's done with Munsters, he hopes to finally be able to revisit his past games, as he has supposedly wanted to do for quite a while now. For the sake of Munsters, let's hope by "done", he means truly done from a satisfying gameplay standpoint.

#6028 5 years ago

In Dwight's defense, he has coded GB, GOT, SW and now Munsters.

Lyman has done TWD, BM66 and whatever he's on now.

I love the theme, layout by Borg and the artwork of Franchi. Yes you can absolutely know for yourself if you want to buy it watching a few hours of a stream.

The one thing you don't get with not actually playing it and putting at least 300 games on it is how good the code is or can really be.

If it doesn't work out with Munsters I might just stick with buying Lyman only games in the future.

#6029 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In Dwight's defense, he has coded GB, GOT, SW and now Munsters.
Lyman has done TWD, BM66 and whatever he's on now.
I love the theme, layout by Borg and the artwork of Franchi. Yes you can absolutely know for yourself if you want to buy it watching a few hours of a stream.
The one thing you don't get with not actually playing it and putting at least 300 games on it is how good the code is or can really be.
If it doesn't work out with Munsters I might just stick with buying Lyman only games in the future.

I would not be surprised if Lyman is on Superman 78 with Eddy.

#6030 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But this is Dwight. He doesn't have a great record of extending and even cleaning up his code.

This may sound a little harsh but the truth is the truth. GB needs to get finished but will they now that the game isnt even being made anymore? The lack of attention to code that GB got is embarrassing. He may not like hearing stuff like this but all i got to say is f*cking prove us wrong and finish the games you are on and act like you care!

#6031 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Lyman said on a recent podcast that he is not working on a cornerstone game. I believe he is working on Elvira.

Was Batman66 a cornerstone game?

#6032 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thats sounds just fine to me.

#6033 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Was Batman66 a cornerstone game?

No.

I hope Lyman’s not on Elvira because I have no interest in that.....but that will make a lot of people very happy.

Edy and Lyman teaming up again would be a dream.....that combo alone would give Stern an instant hit. Superman 78 would be pretty cool with those 2.

#6034 5 years ago

Star Wars is a masterpiece.
People talked hella shit on that the game when that came out.

If I have to pick a character to start a game on Munsters I don’t want the thing.

Different is good maybe even better.

#6035 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I just hope that is Superman I & II, or just Superman(1978)... period!

#6036 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

And JAWS should only be original movie.

#6037 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern won’t be outdone by MBr, since they have a vested interest for at least the next 3 to 4 years of sales.

Lol. It's not like Gary Stern can say "make it so" and their next pin is legendary. So mamy things have to come together to make a truly great total package. It does not happen easily or often. Besting MB is a very tall order.

#6038 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Lol. It's not like Gary Stern can say "make it so" and their next pin is legendary. So mamy things have to come together to make a truly great total package. It does not happen easily or often. Besting MB is a very tall order.

We probably shouldn't be comparing the two games but since they are similar themes and both can be bought new right now, they're going to get compared like it or not.

I think what makes MB so great is all of the moving toys on the playfield, its awesome art, awesome theme, and the game shoots like a dream. Monster Bash is really an exceptional game but the Munsters isn't chopped liver by any means. Munsters also has the lcd screen and movie clips which is nice. I dont know how it shoots compared to MB but i bet it shoots pretty good.

This is a tough one for me because i love both themes/games and i only have room for one more game and i also want Elvira 3 if its good once it comes out. I think what i will end up doing is selling 2 games and get Munsters, Monster Bash, and Elvira 3.

Im so confused.

#6039 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We probably shouldn't be comparing the two games but since they are similar themes and both can be bought new right now, they're going to get compared like it or not.
I think what makes MB so great is all of the moving toys on the playfield, its awesome art, awesome theme, and the game shoots like a dream. Monster Bash is really an exceptional game but the Munsters isn't chopped liver by any means. Munsters also has the lcd screen and movie clips which is nice. I dont know how it shoots compared to MB but i bet it shoots pretty good.
This is a tough one for me because i love both themes/games and i only have room for one more game and i also want Elvira 3 if its good once it comes out. I think what i will end up doing is selling 2 games and get Munsters, Monster Bash, and Elvira 3.
Im so confused.

Both are so similar in rules and toys really. Just from the munsters pro to classic mbr..... Mb has a frank bash toy and drop bank, munsters has herman bash that moves and has magnet in front. Then mb has a moving drac bash toy and munsters has spot bash under the ramp.. Both have scoop and a far left saucer that kick different places. Mb has a head and lid that move but nothing that great there. One spinner on each . Dual gi on Munster pro. Ramps are cooler on munsters but mb does have a third ramp but its only used for one mode. Mb has phantom flip but its its nothing special imo. Munsters has lcd which is pretty nice even against the color upgrade of mb. Munsters has the zap button which has lots different things it does.

#6040 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Both are so similar in rules and toys really. Just from the munsters pro to classic mbr..... Mb has a frank bash toy and drop bank, munsters has herman bash that moves and has magnet in front. Then mb has a moving drac bash toy and munsters has spot bash under the ramp.. Both have scoop and a far left saucer that kick different places. Mb has a head and lid that move but nothing that great there. One spinner on each . Dual gi on Munster pro. Ramps are cooler on munsters but mb does have a third ramp but its only used for one mode. Mb has phantom flip but its its nothing special imo. Munsters has lcd which is pretty nice even against the color upgrade of mb. Munsters has the zap button which has lots different things it does.

Nice comparison and some very valid points. What all is the zap button used for on Munsters?

#6041 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice comparison and some very valid points. What all is the zap button used for on Munsters?

Its used for deciding when u wanna cash in your jackpots /super jackpots and using the zap pots and some other stuff that dwight was talking about on the stern premium stream.

#6042 5 years ago

I hope to have mine late this week or early the following week. Ill give my honest view soon as its set up. Its my offseason now and i basically play pinball all day lol.

#6043 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I hope to have mine late this week or early the following week. Ill give my honest view soon as its set up. Its my offseason now and i basically play pinball all day lol.

You getting the Pro model bigd?

#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I loved the idea of MB. I kept an original NOS playfield from 1998/1999 for years. Finally had the playfield cleared and had a fantastic restoration done. The game was a crown jewel in my game room. It didn’t last much more than six months. It was beautiful, I loved the music, but it was just so shallow. And I’m not a very good player. Sold one of the nicest MBs that probably exist and don’t regret it for a second.
I think Munsters is shallow (currently) but I would absolutely choose it over MB/MBR

If the game is set up hard, well, it becomes a different game.

Outlanes full out.

Most important - very tight tilt.

If that isn't enough, reduce extra balls.

Getting MOR when set up like this is very very hard.

#6045 5 years ago

We all know that Stern and Dwight arenot going to change shite, sad but true.

Munsters with totally different codes for level 2 and 3 would make the Shallow game shine,
and replace that stupid idea for a target Lily to a 4 bank drop target for prems and LEs like it should have been from day one....

Stern, how about for once a little more for US customers!
nearly every new release has a $250 price increase (Aus), but we are getting less and less on the machine!
Here in Australia Sterns LEs are getting close to $14k.

#6046 5 years ago

To people complaining about the b/w premium. Look at it from the bright side. 10 years from now when it is time for some playfield touch up the color matching will be easy.
I personally think the Premium looks stunning but if this will end up a good or grate game is in the code.

#6047 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

replace that stupid idea for a target Lily to a 4 bank drop target for prems and LEs like it should have been from day one....

Squizz, that target and the DRAGULA ultimately made up my mind not to proceed with a 12k AUD Premium. They WERE the deal breaker for me

#6048 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Squizz, that target and the DRAGULA ultimately made up my mind not to proceed with a 12k AUD Premium. They WERE the deal breaker for me

What is Squizz?

Must say the price in Oz is ridiculous for sure. It would have to be real special table to spend that much. Way over priced.

#6049 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I could handle 3, always liked that film. Plus a mode with evil Superman vs good Superman wouldn't suck. Still 1 and 2 is a must. Zod has to be there.

071b36fd9bbc41dfd8622de3a18b9a343eb4584a (resized).jpg071b36fd9bbc41dfd8622de3a18b9a343eb4584a (resized).jpgterrence-stamp-as-general-zod-in-superman-ii (resized).jpgterrence-stamp-as-general-zod-in-superman-ii (resized).jpg
#6050 5 years ago

The person he was replying to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/121?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.