(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 164.
#5951 5 years ago

Dude that's a cool mod, but maybe you should start your own thread (like Pinstadium) and keep all relative product posts in there....just a thought. Not hating.

#5952 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And not even then. Cause you may get bored of any game at anytime .

You make a good point... so maybe we need to start a new category for rating a pin title, “Staying Power”, or the % chance you will move it on...

#5953 5 years ago

Fun

0CA0D911-8300-468D-9320-B4DB9C9A0234 (resized).jpeg0CA0D911-8300-468D-9320-B4DB9C9A0234 (resized).jpeg6955E1A4-6492-4467-B356-9BC9EAD2321F (resized).jpeg6955E1A4-6492-4467-B356-9BC9EAD2321F (resized).jpeg9A07D407-D2FB-4961-9E05-60C030E3F3E1 (resized).jpeg9A07D407-D2FB-4961-9E05-60C030E3F3E1 (resized).jpegFEDB720F-DD4A-43D7-A7A6-46A0B9869E0B (resized).jpegFEDB720F-DD4A-43D7-A7A6-46A0B9869E0B (resized).jpeg
#5954 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the Munsters as a show could be summed up by contrasting it to it’s rival, The Addams Family, and I will not do that here but to say, this is like a James Lipton question on Inside the Actors Studio interviews... “which are you, Munsters or Addams Family?” Because that is pretty much how people fall, you are either in one creepy campy camp or the other, and with Munsters, the comedy was situational based usually on Herman and Grandpa’s shinanigans, with Lily and Marilyn providing “adult” and “normal” supervision, respectively. Much of the humor is based on how clueless the Munsters are to how scary they come off to normal people, and they have the perfect foil in Marilyn, their niece, who is normal, but just as clueless on the scary aspects, so she constantly fuels the confusion by bringing home normal guys to meet the family, who are always scared off when they see Herman, Granpa, Eddie, and/or Lily. Add different “situations” to this mix every week and you get The Munsters. Now you just need to watch the show, play the pin, and enjoy.

These thoughts are deeper than The Munsters code.

#5955 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you like the game?

#5956 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Ok, now that was...

02F8B370-AB50-42D1-908A-B5D1FA79B492 (resized).jpeg02F8B370-AB50-42D1-908A-B5D1FA79B492 (resized).jpeg
#5957 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you like the game?

Only played a few games but it was fun to shoot.

#5958 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dam u ... lol enjoy. Wanna hear your honest thoughts also...

#5959 5 years ago

U own ft and fh ... 2 of the shallower pins ever made in wpc era. Guess what tho.... they are great fun pins. So munsters is much of the same but much deeper already than those and will be plenty of fun and that's what is important.

#5960 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dam u ... lol enjoy. Wanna hear your honest thoughts also...

I will share after i get an actual opinion and more games on it.

#5961 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will share after i get an actual opinion and more games on it.

Of course...

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U own ft and fh ... 2 of the shallower pins ever made in wpc era. Guess what tho.... they are great fun pins. So munsters is much of the same but much deeper already than those and will be plenty of fun and that's what is important.

Yes just got them. My kids and I love Funhouse and Fish Tales, though FT is much tougher. 2nd best topper ever as it sits next to my White Water.

Of course, I not pay anywhere near $7500 each though. Nostalgia, condition and fun are all factors, but price is a BIG factor for me.

No one in the house really cares about The Munsters as a show/theme.

I tried Dialed In to kind of give that blend of classic B/W charm and fun with modern tech and code, but it just didn’t do it for me. It’s beautiful and shoots smooth and is PACKED with shots, but just didn’t click with me. It’s like it has no soul or something. I don’t think the code is all that deep for the price tag, honestly.

#5963 5 years ago

Yes just got them. My kids and I love Funhouse and Fish Tales, though FT is much tougher. 2nd best topper ever as it sits next to my White Water.
Of course, I not pay anywhere near $7500 each though. Nostalgia, condition and fun are all factors, but price is a BIG factor for me.
No one in the house really cares about The Munsters as a show/theme.
I tried Dialed In to kind of give that blend of classic B/W charm and fun with modern tech and code, but it just didn’t do it for me. It’s beautiful and shoots smooth and is PACKED with shots, but just didn’t click with me. It’s like it has no soul or something. I don’t think the code is all that deep for the price tag, honestly.

What's 7500? Pros are available shipped to your door for mid 5 k with a warranty. Not a bad deal this day in age . Most wpc pins are nearing 4-5,k now and won't be brand new shipped to your door. Munsters is allready a huge seller for good reason and i think it will b one sterns best sellers eventually. I've never seen a munsters episode (way before my time) but i like what stern did with it as it feels like a wpc type throwback to me with quirky theme with humor and not so complicated ruleset.

#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What's 7500? Pros are available shipped to your door for mid 5 k with a warranty. Not a bad deal this day in age . Most wpc pins are nearing 4-5,k now and won't be brand new shipped to your door. Munsters is allready a huge seller for good reason and i think it will b one sterns best sellers eventually. I've never seen a munsters episode (way before my time) but i like what stern did with it as it feels like a wpc type throwback to me with quirky theme with humor and not so complicated ruleset.

I wouldn’t consider a Munsters Pro. It was designed with the most complete mini playfield ever. It has targets, ramps AND multiball. The pin has multiple flipper buttons to play on both levels at the same time. It has an awesome, multilevel, multiple playfield skill shot too. I mean, that’s damn impressive as hell for a mini-playfield.

It’s not that I hate Pros. Maiden Pro is awesome. The Premium mechs don’t add much and have issues. MET is another solid Pro. But for Munsters, you’re removing the coolest part of the game. Borg designs full games. Stern then strips mechs out to get to pro level.

I had a Shrek once and the family LOVED Mini Pinball. If I got a Munsters without the lower playfield, there’d be no point.

#5965 5 years ago

Hilton-after all that bitching about Beatles and you finally caved my friend. I knew you could not hold out much longer.

Congrats-looks awesome in the line-up.

Also curious how Munsters earns compared to Adams-with them being side by side-lmk

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hilton-after all that bitching about Beatles and you finally caved my friend. I knew you could not hold out much longer.
Congrats-looks awesome in the line-up.
Also curious how Munsters earns compared to Adams-with them being side by side-lmk

I never once bitched about beatles. Game is a blast. price sucks but if you know me, you also now know there are deals to be had on golds...

#5967 5 years ago

I wouldn’t consider a Munsters Pro. It was designed with the most complete mini playfield ever. It has targets, ramps AND multiball. The pin has multiple flipper buttons to play on both levels at the same time. It has an awesome, multilevel, multiple playfield skill shot too. I mean, that’s amazing.
It’s not that I hate Pros. Maiden Pro is awesome. The Premium mechs don’t add much and have issues. MET is another solid Pro. But for Munsters, you’re removing the coolest part of the game. Borg designs full games. Stern then strips mechs out to get to pro level.
I had a Shrek once and the family LOVED Mini Pinball. If I got a Munsters without the lower playfield, there’d be no point.

I get that some may want everything ..... personally i don't care for mini playfields overall .... especially ones with mini balls and flippers. Yea the mini ramp and vuk is neatl but not needed imo and after a week of playing it wld b more annoying than fun . Also that's all u get over the pro for 2k+ more. If i remember correctly i believe borg designs the pro first then adds a few things to spice it up and so stern can charge thousands more for not much more stuff. If you look at his pins since stern has been doing the different models it looks like that is the case as his pros are usually just as good as the premiums overall..... at least compared to other designers. I'm not against premium and if i absolutely love munsters i may get the premium bc i like the art .

#5968 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I never once bitched about beatles. Game is a blast. price sucks but if you know me, you also now know there are deals to be had on golds...

Beatle's is a blast....

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The only way to know FOR SURE a machine is for you is by playing the machine, but @who-dey I think is right, not all can get to a show or distributor showroom (if they still have one) or even on site to play before you buy, and so the early adopters may need to either take risks or do what ever they can to see game play or reviews...

Except there is absolutely no reason to be an early adopter unless you just have to have an LE. Premiums and Pros will be available NIB for years.

#5970 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I never once bitched about beatles

I seem to recall some criticism about how poorly it was selling, etc. -Like I said I am glad you got one

Pinocchio.gifPinocchio.gif
#5971 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes there are Hilton. From day one!

How’s it earning

#5972 5 years ago

Regardless of play (which I'm confident will be very fun), the Munsters LE is FRIGGIN' BEAUTIFUL with the lower playfield filling in the playfield. SO HAPPY to have one coming!!!

#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I seem to recall some criticism about how poorly it was selling, etc. -Like I said I am glad you got one
[quoted image]

Glad you mentioned it. Coming up on 2 months now and zero more Beatles Gold sales on the Beatles store. Prices seem to be moving down at distributors, too.

#5974 5 years ago

Yep munsters is one of the better looking pins stern has did. Everyone will be happy regardless which model u have.

#5975 5 years ago

Gotta have grandpas basement part of the show

#5976 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Gotta have grandpas basement part of the show

Really! What is the complete Munsters experience without Grandpa's basement laboratory!!

#5977 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Really! What is the complete Munsters experience without Grandpa's basement laboratory!!

If Grandpa's laboratory isn't fun the pro model will deliver the better experience at a much cheaper price. Theres a very good possibility that it could turn out that way also.

#5978 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Except there is absolutely no reason to be an early adopter unless you just have to have an LE. Premiums and Pros will be available NIB for years.

But the dream of every LE buyer is they are buying the next ultra fun, ultra desirable, everyone missed the boat, holy crap they didnt make enough but I got one, dream theme coded by God himself, designed by a saint who swore off ever designing a pin again after nearly dying by going on a hunger strike until management let him double the BOM while finishing this machine of the decade, nea dare say it, the century... a true pinball piece of history.

Or just a realy cool topper... ymmv

#5979 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But the dream of every LE buyer is they are buying the next ultra fun, ultra desirable, everyone missed the boat, holy crap they didnt make enough but I got one, dream theme coded by God himself, designed by a saint who swore off ever designing a pin again after nearly dying by going on a hunger strike until management let him double the BOM while finishing this machine of the decade, nea dare say it, the century... a true pinball piece of history.
Or just a realy cool topper... ymmv

And the last pin you bought again was what? Oh thats right, an LE.

#5980 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Or just a realy cool topper...

@yelobird, um, I was in for the CE until the wife saw the topper... then it was too late.

#5981 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

stop trying to mince meats.

The game has not sold well from d1. However, I have said it is a super fun game from D1. I have also said I would not be interested unless the price came down significantly.

Quoted from iceman44:

How’s it earning

Just set up alonside side Munsters Pro, so no idea yet

#5982 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to check out both games and is in the madison area then stop by IO Arcade Bar > 720 Williamson St.

Also a dual launch party (never been done in WI before ) to be held on Feb 9th
https://www.facebook.com/events/2249890825266413/

#5983 5 years ago

I've been trying to find when Stern expects to start shipping the Premium models. Can't seem to find this info. Anyone know? I have an order in for one with a local distributor and am really excited. Ya, I know I could just ask them but it's the weekend and.... well, you know. It may be faster to get an answer here from you guys.

#5984 5 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I've been trying to find when Stern expects to start shipping the Premium models. Can't seem to find this info. Anyone know? I have an order in for one with a local distributor and am really excited. Ya, I know I could just ask them but it's the weekend and.... well, you know. It may be faster to get an answer here from you guys.

Premiums will go on the line around march....

#5985 5 years ago

Well I am new here....just put a deposit on the last LE at The Pinball Company

#5986 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

You know that new guys aren’t allowed to buy the last LE out from under us old timers right? Oh well congrats anyways and welcome to the forum. Munsters Rocks!

#5987 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Wow on LE price?

8D53CB46-8323-47C4-A5E9-C0768983EBD6 (resized).png8D53CB46-8323-47C4-A5E9-C0768983EBD6 (resized).png
#5988 5 years ago

Not what I paid.....

#5989 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I do hope you didn’t pay the advertised sale price.

#5990 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I do hope you didn’t pay the advertised sale price.

Nope

#5991 5 years ago

Fort Wayne Pinball (Wizard's World) did an unboxing last night on a Pro. They will swap out w/a Prem when they start shipping and the Pro will go up for sale.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FWAPinball/posts/?ref=page_internal (scroll thru the posts to find the video)

BTW, For those who don't know and might be interested in a road trip - Fort Wayne Pinball is an amazing place. A fantastic owner who has had the bug his entire life. Likely nearing 80 machines, many top tier. All in excellent shape. Actually located in Huntertown, IN. Will be headed over there this afternoon (10 min drive).

#5992 5 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

LEs are still supposed to be made starting in about 10 days. But, given that Chicago's forecast to be buried under a major winter storm and freezing temps for the next 10 days starting Sun/Mon, shipping on the Pros might push that out. Premiums are still the first week in March, last I heard.

#5993 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

The other issue I have to address when 'buying without playing' is trying to secure an LE.
Locally, here in Toronto, for the higher demand LEs (ie: Maiden, Munsters, etc), you would typically have to buy prior to playing.
Unfortunately, I can't wait until a Pro arrives and play one, as the LEs will all be spoken for.
The demand for these tends to outstrip the supply and it's a first come first served kind of approach.
Not sure if this is going to change any time soon.

It's the same here in Australia.

We only have one distributor, AMD who are magnificent.

Must pre order for an LE.
Allot of people miss out too.

#5994 5 years ago

Great American Pinball-GAP-
Went with them for my Munsters Pro,Need to call for their pricing.I feel like I did well and the liftgate shipping to me here in Colorado was "Included" with my price quote.
I felt like this was my best choice,they are like 20 miles from the Stern factory,was informed his first 10 Pro machines were scheduled to be shipped/picked up this week or next.Going this way was saving me close to $400.00 in local taxes. Taxes are high here in Denver,CO. and I am just a average dude making enough to live on and have a few toys--some like this are going on my Visa card till I get my tax return and sell a pinball machine to fund this.

#5995 5 years ago

Put in several hours on the Munsters this weekend and it lives up to all the hype I hoped for! What a beautiful game. I will say it does play Fast, this is not an easy pin granted I'm an average at best player. Really fun. Plus had a chance to play test the Grandpa Electric Chair Mod and Raven clock to verify some of the instructions. Decided last minute Grandpas chair is just not complete without a PlayGoul Magazine on the armrest so I will be adding that tonight to complete the overall look and make the final adjustments so this can fly this week. Really an exciting game, SO looking forward to my LE soon I hope.

IMG_2063 (resized).jpgIMG_2063 (resized).jpgIMG_2081 (resized).jpgIMG_2081 (resized).jpg
#5996 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Put in several hours on the Munsters this weekend and it lives up to all the hype I hoped for! What a beautiful game. I will say it does play Fast, this is not an easy pin granted I'm an average at best player. Really fun. Plus had a chance to play test the Grandpa Electric Chair Mod and Raven clock to verify some of the instructions. Decided last minute Grandpas chair is just not complete without a PlayGoul Magazine on the armrest so I will be adding that tonight to complete the overall look and make the final adjustments so this can fly this week. Really an exciting game, SO looking forward to my LE soon I hope.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely a beautiful game for sure. Did you make it to Munster Madness?

#5997 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I watched a live stream earlier on fb (not sure where) and it was kicking peoples butts and they had a long ball save turned on and it wasn't set up very steep. I was happy to see this lol . I think set up right it will be fairly difficult even for better players.

#5998 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

One shot away but failed sadly. My friend did though so I got to see the animations as a viewer. lol. Really didn't think it would play as fast as it does. Almost SW fast to some extent. And that right ramp is Way faster on the return then I would have guessed. Almost like a bullet coming back. No complaints loved it. The Only thing I must say that did bother me is as others have pointed out the Single banner targets. Just seems like they went just too far on the budget.

#5999 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

One shot away but failed sadly. My friend did though so I got to see the animations as a viewer. lol. Really didn't think it would play as fast as it does. Almost SW fast to some extent. And that right ramp is Way faster on the return then I would have guessed. Almost like a bullet coming back. No complaints loved it. The Only thing I must say that did bother me is as others have pointed out the Single banner targets. Just seems like they went just too far on the budget.

I agree on the targets. Have you ever played a Monster Bash remake yet? If so which game do you like the best between Munsters and Monster Bash remake? Sorry for all the questions but this is important stuff here.

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It really dont take much to get there if that's what u completely commit to doing . But if you try to set things up right to maximize points then its fairly difficult. Kinda like getting all the mb stuff going at once but to a different extent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.