(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 164.
#5851 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

yelobird on fire.
Been burning the midnight flame in Grampa’s lab?

Lol thanks man. Yep busy time for us but loving the rush. Thank you.

#5852 5 years ago

Check this out, The Pinball Company already jacked up the price to $9,999.00 before apparently selling out. Vultures.

43351C8A-39CD-4581-B487-21AB8893C817 (resized).png43351C8A-39CD-4581-B487-21AB8893C817 (resized).png
#5853 5 years ago

Im glad the new code is out with over 99% of USA buyers not even having the pin yet.

20190123_205845 (resized).jpg20190123_205845 (resized).jpg
#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Check this out, The Pinball Company already jacked up the price to $9,999.00 before apparently selling out. Vultures.[quoted image]

In terms of pricing, those guys are some of the worst.

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In terms of pricing, those guys are some of the worst.

I had two bad dealings with The Pinball Company!

#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im glad the new code is out with over 99% of USA buyers not even having the pin yet.
[quoted image]

I’m supposedly getting my machines around 2/7 and I’m in no rush.

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Man what a bloody great shame it is that I keep hearing this as people play the machine- I was 100 thousand % in when I saw this released - but such a large % of players are reporting this back after they play it . Not being a negative nancy here, just sayin that 12k ( here in AUS ) is bigtime coin to throw at a Premium machine so you would expect great gameplay with such a FANTASTIC theme. I am now SUPER CAUTIOUS and hesitating and waiting until I see / play it , but nervous that it will be as reported.........time will tell I guess. I am so hoping that this current feedback is being vastly exaggerated at this point.

I would not worry too much. Play the game and make your own mind up. Give it a good go and then see what you think.

BM66
TWD
GOT
AV

all got slammed on release and just after on Pinside. Turns out they are all really good games.

#5858 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m supposedly getting my machines around 2/7 and I’m in no rush.

My guy told me around the 10th. Who knows.

#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It's Time for the Munsters Raven Clock! (Not a topper lol) Wouldn't be the Munster lair without that quirky raven character. Highly detailed and airbrushed to true theme. Each mod has illuminated clock face and raven door. Raven detailed down to the scary red eyes! Simple install plug and play on the left side rear lane adjacent to the Raven sign. Don't be late for Munsters, its Raven Time! Available now from our website store. Thanks So much for everyones support!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi,Size and dimensions please on your Raven Clock ??...........checked your website and did not find it there either-Thank you !!

#5860 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would not worry too much. Play the game and make your own mind up. Give it a good go and then see what you think.
BM66
TWD
GOT
AV
all got slammed on release and just after on Pinside. Turns out they are all really good games.

Two of my favorites of all time, TWD and BM66 got BLOWN UP at the outset.

I was a true believer from Day one. A common denominator on those two however is Lyman Sheets.

Despite a great theme, art and what appears to be a fun and unique layout, that "bugger" Neil from the UK doesn't like it, at all, and that worries me a bit.

However, I've got high hopes based on what I've seen.

MBrLE and TSPP are on the way as well so fun times!

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was a true believer from Day one. A common denominator on those two however is Lyman Sheets.
Despite a great theme, art and what appears to be a fun and unique layout, that "bugger" Neil from the UK doesn't like it, at all, and that worries me a bit.

Neil supposedly played the machine for 6 hours straight. I’d hate anything after 6 hours.

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Neil supposedly played the machine for 6 hours straight. I’d hate anything after 6 hours.

Which begs the question, if you hated it Neil, why did you play it for 6 hours?

#5863 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Can you share what they are? Because in playing it for 6 hours straight I couldn't find any other strategy... there is nothing to hit in this game.

I think he’s looking for more depth based on the games amount of shots given with the current code. I guess?

#5864 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is closing in on a tribute to the Adams family scoop with our Grandpa Munster Electric Chair complete with game integrated illuminated electrodes! Scary..... Still need to install his electric chair cap for a finishing touch but VERY close!!! Tried to keep the paint color fitting for both the B/W as well as the beautiful color versions. Grandpa is the star, he should be presented in style!!! Available from our store very soon! We are so loving this game!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks so cool!!! Good job!!

#5865 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Man what a bloody great shame it is that I keep hearing this as people play the machine- I was 100 thousand % in when I saw this released - but such a large % of players are reporting this back after they play it . Not being a negative nancy here, just sayin that 12k ( here in AUS ) is bigtime coin to throw at a Premium machine so you would expect great gameplay with such a FANTASTIC theme. I am now SUPER CAUTIOUS and hesitating and waiting until I see / play it , but nervous that it will be as reported.........time will tell I guess. I am so hoping that this current feedback is being vastly exaggerated at this point.

People need to understand rules first, then the game is great!

If you don’t it might not be to exciting.

So read up!

#5866 5 years ago

My big question to everyone who gets a new Munsters, or any NIB or used pin, do you not take the glass off and run it through everything with your fingers, or is that the unspoken, you better never admit you have done it, most sacrilegious, blasphemous thing you could ever admit to doing in pinball? Just asking for a friend...

#5867 5 years ago

Did grampa ever get in the chair ?
Must have been a episode I missed

#5868 5 years ago

Pros are landing in Southern California !
Gorgeous in person.

I just hate those 2 rubber bumpers for folding on top of head! Why do they make them with the holes behind them. The rubber should just be peel an stick, removable then.

#5869 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My big question to everyone who gets a new Munsters, or any NIB or used pin, do you not take the glass off and run it through everything with your fingers, or is that the unspoken, you better never admit you have done it, most sacrilegious, blasphemous thing you could ever admit to doing in pinball? Just asking for a friend...

I don't take the glass off. I will read about the rules and try to make it happen during gameplay but i like to get to certain leveks of the game by using my playing skills instead of doing it with the glass off. I have done certain things with the glass off if i dont understand how something works though a couple of times just to have a better understanding of the rules.

#5870 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

A wise man once told me. It's your game you can do whatever you want with it.

#5871 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Pros are landing in Southern California !
Gorgeous in person.
I just hate those 2 rubber bumpers for folding on top of head! Why do they make them with the holes behind them. The rubber should just be peel an stick, removable then.

Distributors or end users?

#5872 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

AV
... Turns out they are all really good games.

Hmm... Does AV stand for something other than avengers?

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Distributors or end users?

Distros. He wouldn't let me take a pic and I cant say who it is. It was the last thing i was expecting, go into back room and 2 pros set up side by side.

#5874 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Did grampa ever get in the chair ?
Must have been a episode I missed

Seems he did sit in his chair a few times...

GrampaChair (resized).jpgGrampaChair (resized).jpg
#5875 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Hi,Size and dimensions please on your Raven Clock ??...........checked your website and did not find it there either-Thank you !!

Sorry guess I should have put something in the photo for perspective. The Raven Clock is roughly 3" tall x 1.5" wide. Best fit is along the left plastic toward the rear near the Raven plastic sign. Plug and play. Thanks for asking forgot to include that.

#5876 5 years ago

No readme file on the update? I'm curious.

#5877 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have spoken to a lot of people who have played the game.

I think at the moment, if you are a pretty good player, it will disappoint.

But, if you are pretty average, you will enjoy.

And friends and family will maybe enjoy it more than usual, due to simplicity.

Looking at the targets, ramps, and theme, maybe the idea was to target a slightly different audience? More of a beginners pin?

Makes sense?

#5878 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmm... Does AV stand for something other than avengers?

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The biggest thrill/enjoyment I get from any machine I play for the first time is discovering the rules/features through playing. I generally will try and avoid all rules sheets and tutorials for at least a couple of weeks, then I'll read some rule sheets to see if there's anything I haven't discovered, or a different strategy.

I'll only ever take the glass off and trigger features if I'm about to sell/return a machine and there's a feature I haven't seen. (I've only ever done it twice - to reach Gauntlet on PotC & Lymans Lament on MB).

But if anyone wants to take the glass off, put rubbers across the outlanes, set the game up steep, set the game up shallow, that's their prerogative and good luck to them.

#5880 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Distros. He wouldn't let me take a pic and I cant say who it is. It was the last thing i was expecting, go into back room and 2 pros set up side by side.

When is the official ‘allowed to have’ date?

#5881 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

When is the official ‘allowed to have’ date?

I think your on to something there.
I think it's Feb 1st. We have to local tournaments Munsters is featured on in early Feb. AYCI Gogi Feb 9th. Mission Control Feb 16th.

#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have spoken to a lot of people who have played the game.
I think at the moment, if you are a pretty good player, it will disappoint.
But, if you are pretty average, you will enjoy.
And friends and family will maybe enjoy it more than usual, due to simplicity.
Looking at the targets, ramps, and theme, maybe the idea was to target a slightly different audience? More of a beginners pin?
Makes sense?

I think you are pretty close. Not everybody is a hard ass competition player. I always kept my BSD cause of some difficulty, and of course the theme.
(I am not that great of player in general) It becomes the least played with kids..Yes, they want to play it right away cause it's "scary looking", but after they can't get very far into the game..they move on.

I enjoy pins...I don't necessarily get a pin just to challenge me. Those who grew up with the munsters and liking the show and theme, yes.

Having non pinheads over will do well with this pin. "I" will love it just because it's munsters. Targeted audience?...have to say, I think so.
Halloween is the most popular holiday..this is something that many can relate to.

Having kids and grand kids over should be a hit, cause how it looks and probably plays.

I also am very excited for this pin..just sitting there in my monster / Halloween theme room, works for me.

#5883 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Makes sense?

Absolutely. Too many people here feel that every game released needs to be specifically tailored to them or it's a failure. You got bascially EMs, 80s Sterns, ultra modern games being made right now so why not throw in a sys11 type ruleset game? (just guessing I haven't played it yet)

#5884 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

throw in a sys11 type ruleset game?

I think that you may have hit on part of what is goind on, but I think there is a combination of marketing strategy going on here... I think they wanted to target the nostalgia market, but they also want to target a broader casual player market than the HUO and serious competition players. This means game play must resonate with the casual player, so its targeted to the guy who has played pins before maybe in bars, has watched the show when young, and might have the discretionary cash to buy one for his game room. The pro model will appeal to ops and casual players, the LE to cash in on the deep pocketed nostalgia and collector types, and the premium for the more serious players and fans of the show but who may not have THAT much spare change hanging around. All of this makes good marketing sense for this title imo, so I think Stern approached this pin fairly well. That it is not deep enough for the serious pinhead means maybe this title is just not for them? We should see how it fairs in a tournament and see if it gets blown out or if someone discovers an exploit before passing all judgment. I still haven’t flipped one yet and can’t wait to try it at TPF.

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

the LE to cash in on the deep pocketed nostalgia and collector types

I still don't understand why LE's need to go to those deep pocketed in your view. You have always mention deep pocketed LE type buyers.

You bought the MBR LE..I'll bet you wouldn't say you are deep pocketed yourself..I know I am Not.
You are one confusing guy.

#5886 5 years ago

Its definitely more involved than system 11 pins are. Its more like monster bash but with more to the jackpots/multipliers and risk vs reward aspect.

#5887 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its definitely more involved than system 11 pins are. Its more like monster bash but with more to the jackpots/multipliers and risk vs reward aspect.

Code-wise, yes, but mechanically it's at or behind many System 11 games, some of which had subways, multiple unique custom mechs, etc.

#5888 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I still don't understand why LE's need to go to those deep pocketed in your view. You have always mention deep pocketed LE type buyers.
You bought the MBR LE..I'll bet you wouldn't say you are deep pocketed yourself..I know I am Not.
You are one confusing guy.

I think the MBrLE is not just for a “deep pocketed collector”

1250 doesn’t qualify. It’s just different and offers more stuff than the regular edition

500 edition is the same thing. Just more stuf

The “deep pocketed collector” buys a BM66SLE for the reason it’s limited to 80

#5889 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think the MBrLE is not just for a “deep pocketed collector”
1250 doesn’t qualify. It’s just different and offers more stuff than the regular edition
500 edition is the same thing. Just more stuf
The “deep pocketed collector” buys a BM66SLE for the reason it’s limited to 80

That is my point

#5890 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Code-wise, yes, but mechanically it's at or behind many System 11 games, some of which had subways, multiple unique custom mechs, etc.

Most stern pins dont have much on them but are still fun overall....

#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ah yeah good call. 90s DMD era rule sets.

#5892 5 years ago

Compared to the rest of society, I am that deep pocketed collector type... I dropped $8300 on a NIB pin recently and didn’t bat an eye at the expense. That is not something that makes me proud to say by the way. How many people who play pinball actually own a machine? There are plenty on here who look at anyone spending big $$$ on a pinball machine as a snobby rich mother f--ker, and I don’t know that many people personally who have a hobby other than guns, cars, or fine art who spend more on their hobbies in general than pinheads. And pinheads with deep pockets buy LE’s... I did. Now did I say all LE buyers are deep pocketed?, no but damn, who is eating ramen and selling their plasma to by a Munsters LE?!? I’ll send ya a case of ramen if you ask.

#5893 5 years ago

I think we all have fairly deep pockets or we wouldnt be buying pinball machines in the first place. Some peoples pockets are deeper than others though and that is why they make three different models, so they can squeeze more money out of the people who are willing to pay it.

#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think that you may have hit on part of what is goind on, but I think there is a combination of marketing strategy going on here... I think they wanted to target the nostalgia market, but they also want to target a broader casual player market than the HUO and serious competition players. This means game play must resonate with the casual player, so its targeted to the guy who has played pins before maybe in bars, has watched the show when young, and might have the discretionary cash to buy one for his game room. The pro model will appeal to ops and casual players, the LE to cash in on the deep pocketed nostalgia and collector types, and the premium for the more serious players and fans of the show but who may not have THAT much spare change hanging around. All of this makes good marketing sense for this title imo, so I think Stern approached this pin fairly well. That it is not deep enough for the serious pinhead means maybe this title is just not for them? We should see how it fairs in a tournament and see if it gets blown out or if someone discovers an exploit before passing all judgment. I still haven’t flipped one yet and can’t wait to try it at TPF.

Another reason why it may not be deep - Stern may have significantly underestimated how long it takes to develop software for games in the LCD era and effectively use the available video assets (or develop custom ones).

Compare use of AV assets in Batman vs. Munsters - huge difference. The Munsters clips are borderline generic and generally don’t relate to game play other then depicting the related major character. In Batman you essentially play through an episode of the show with playfield shots directly related to the clips used.

In the LCD era people are going to want to play iconic moments of the show or movie or whatever the license brings not just flip through random 5 second clips more suited for a slot machine. But how do you balance that goal with the time and resources necessary to do that? Video is orders of magnitude harder than dots.

As awesome as the Batman code is, look how long it took. Granted some of that may be fairly attributed to growing pains on the new platform and essentially redesigning game play on the fly but imagine the time it took Lyman just to identify the episodes to use and then how to match the play with the flow of the show. Stern can’t afford to do that every game like JJP.

So the idea of “Munsters as a throwback to less complicated games” helps because it reduces the complexity of integrating specific assets and one required to do so. That’s fine for a game every cycle or so, but it shouldn’t become the norm.

#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In Lyman I trust.. always!

Congrats on MBrLE and TSPP. Awesome additions to a nice collection.

We are in on MBrLE as well and hopefully ours will arrive in Australia by April or May.

#5896 5 years ago

Just bought a MbrLe & Munstere LE and a monster mansion slot..under the philosophy here I now have deep pockets...wow.

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Just bought a MbrLe & Munstere LE and a monster mansion slot..under the philosophy here I now have deep pockets...wow.

Sounds like deep, empty pockets now.

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Sounds like deep, empty pockets now.

Exactly...shhh that doesn't count here.

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Another reason why it may not be deep - Stern may have significantly underestimated how long it takes to develop software for games in the LCD era and effectively use the available video assets (or develop custom ones).

This is exactly what make or breaks a pin title in my book. I know a lot of people discount the LCD and even the old DMD animations as something the player doesnt look at a lot, and that is true, but spectators (potential customers to operators) need a good show to draw them to the game and make them want to give it a try. And it gives players 2, 3, and 4 something to watch while they wait their turn. The more stuff there is to see, the more spectators have left to discover when it is there turn, or did you people always just play by yourselves? That LCD should be dripping with cool stuff to look at for this reason alone, and getting the video assets to sync up with the narative is one of the hardest parts of making a theme work in modern pins. This is a show! It should have lights, music, dancing girls, a dog, a clown, and a stand up comedian... but it only has to last about 3 to 5 minutes on average.

#5900 5 years ago

I've owned Monster Bash twice. Would I own it ever again? Most likely not, tho it is a great game and also VERY basic.

Am really looking forward to Munsters.
Something new and you can't beat the LCD screen.

Another title I cannot wait for is Beatles.
Basic rules and fun. Not a headache to progress.... breath of fresh air.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/118?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.