(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 164.
#5501 5 years ago

Who-Dey’s aboard Team Stern and that Rocks!

4319EAB2-5892-4895-BA76-7932B8F859D2.gif4319EAB2-5892-4895-BA76-7932B8F859D2.gif
9347199B-2124-4FAD-AC46-27E513086C0E.gif9347199B-2124-4FAD-AC46-27E513086C0E.gifCAA444FD-3F7D-4A6A-B8F4-A511068F6A57.gifCAA444FD-3F7D-4A6A-B8F4-A511068F6A57.gif

#5502 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ha...you better think again because it is going to eventually i guarantee it.

5d7 (resized).jpg5d7 (resized).jpg
#5503 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ha...you better think again because it is going to eventually i guarantee it.

#5504 5 years ago

Everyone is talking cab color and number of LEs,but how the code so far?

#5505 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And don't get me started on the coil count!!!!
Apparently now pro value is only set on the differences betwixt pro and Prem+?
Fucking people get weirder every release.

it’s 2019; value is measured in fun, not # of mechs

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hahaha! Thanks for the laughs.

#5507 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can anyone confirm how many funs Munsters is?

If you can list the number of funs for Pro vs Premium vs LE, I’d appreciate.

#5508 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Agree.
[quoted image]

Nah. Physical ball lock/Hammer missing from the Pro.

Groot still eats the balls of GOTG Pro.

#5509 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nah. Physical ball lock/Hammer missing from the Pro.

And the 2 spinners, awesome light show, and the rising cross.

#5510 5 years ago

There is no Pro where the two main mechs are uncompromised other than GOTG.

Groot works exactly the same (hands are cosmetic) and the Orb lock with magnet catch works exactly the same as well (opening Orb on top is cosmetic).

On all other Pros, one or both of the main mechs are compromised.

#5511 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

so does it know 'where' you hit it, or is it just bash anywhere on it a number of times?

It appears that there's a switch stack on the far left and far right of both DRAGULA and LILY, and a hit anywhere on the target bar will register.

#5512 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

People who have played it say it's way too easy and shallow.

#5513 5 years ago

To me the most missed thing on Pros is the RGB LEDs on the inserts and colored GI. Some Pros have a few in key places. The Munsters all levels having the same lighting is a big step up. I'm still a never Pro buyer, but Munsters is a step up.

#5514 5 years ago

Meh on colored GI.

#5515 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

People who have played it say it's way too easy and shallow.

Someone please play the Premium/LE version and report back that the lower playfield is essential and the overall gameplay is FUCKING FANTASTIC!

The gameplay field reports from Europe and Colorado so far are starting to bring me down.

#5516 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Code on the Premium I played yesterday is version 0.90

There are dozens of posts on “how it is” in the various Munster threads

#5517 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it’s 2019; value is measured in art, not # of mechs

rd

#5518 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh on colored GI.

Lyman created pure art with Met Prem/LE’s color GI FX. No one else has been able to touch it.

#5519 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Someone please play the Premium/LE version and report back that the lower playfield is essential and the overall gameplay is FUCKING FANTASTIC!
The gameplay field reports from Europe and Colorado so far are starting to bring me down.

Even if the gameplay is easy, I think it will do fine on location. I do hope Dwight adds some depth for longevity's sake. The whole "same thing but harder" bit is a cost-saving cop out.

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lyman created pure art with Met Prem/LE’s color GI FX. No one else has been able to touch it.

Have you seen MBRLE yet? It's incredible what they did with the light show. Lyman's code on steroids.

#5521 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The cheap-ass Lily and Dragula mono-target block is just another cost-reduction.

In the Dead-Flip Twitch stream for the premium, Borg specifically says that it was his decision to make those targets large "mono-targets" so that more inexperienced players could enjoy getting those modes more easily.

#5522 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

In the Dead-Flip Twitch stream for the premium, Borg specifically says that it was his decision to make those targets large "mono-targets" so that more inexperienced players could enjoy getting those modes more easily.

Ah, the old "as designed" chestnut.

They're not hard to hit. Individual targets would have been only a smidge harder, but a needed smidge, apparently.

#5523 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I don't think a mono target is any easier to hit than 2-3 targets put together. But sorry I didn't hear, is there only 1 switch on each mono target?
I hope for redundancy sake that isn;t true

#5524 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think a mono target is any easier to hit than 2-3 targets put together. But sorry I didn't hear, is there only 1 switch on each mono target?
I hope for redundancy sake that isn;t true

On GOTG there are two switches on the left target. You can go into the audits to see which one gets triggered more. I would imagine Munsters is the same way.

#5525 5 years ago

Nice, thanks for clearing that up.

#5526 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Have you seen MBRLE yet? It's incredible what they did with the light show. Lyman's code on steroids.

Yes, I hated it and cancelled my order. It’s just color bomb blasting & is a great example of less is more...none of the subtlety and nuance Lyman put into Met. I was gonna get MBRLE & sell my original, but after playing & hating the clown puke color show, I decided to keep my original.

#5527 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, I hated it and cancelled my order. It’s just color bomb blasting & is a great example of less is more...none of the subtlety and nuance Lyman put into Met. I was gonna get MBRLE & sell my original, but after playing & hating the clown puke color show, I decided to keep my original.

Wow, opposite for me, I think it's very well done. Maybe I haven't played a really great original example, but the one I just played in Banning wasn't nearly as fun or engaging as the remake, imo. So, you think Munsters isn't color bomb blasting? Seems like it to me, although that isn't really a bad thing. For instance, I love BM66.

#5528 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

it’s 2019; value is measured in art, not # of mechs

rd

Hahahaha touché!

#5529 5 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

Games do get better, think TWD or BM66 which are now great games.

It’s possible, but if you listen to Dwight’s interview on Head 2 Head, doesn’t sound likely with Munsters.

I listened to the interview before any gameplay reviews and I was a bit concerned he’s deliberately made it too shallow (for home use). It looks as though early gameplay reviews are confirming that.

#5530 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Wow, opposite for me, I think it's very well done. Maybe I haven't played a really great original example, but the one I just played in Banning wasn't nearly as fun or engaging as the remake, imo. So, you think Munsters isn't color bomb blasting? Seems like it to me, although that isn't really a bad thing. For instance, I love BM66.

No, Munsters only has white and green. Tastefully done. MBR is overkill. It dilutes the games natural color scheme and color coding in a full wash of color non-stop. Now, to the game’s credit, you can change it back to the standard light show - but I have that already, so I just wanted to stick to what I had. Plus after being used to how an original feels, I really didn’t like how the remake felt to play in comparison. Scoop was shooting STDM, too...never happens on the original.

For the record I have a MMrLE, so I’m not anti-remake at all. If I didn’t have a MB already, I’m sure I’d be happy with a MBr.

#5531 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I listened to the interview before any gameplay reviews and I was a bit concerned he’s deliberately made it too shallow (for home use). It looks as though early gameplay reviews are confirming that.

That’s clearly true in the current code.

However, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It should do well on location and with casual players because of that. And for most home collectors having a game that’s fun to shoot and just score points on is fine as part of a larger collection.

The Munsters may become this pinball generation’s Creature - a good looking game with solid theme integration and catchy music that’s relatively easy for anyone to play.

#5532 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Wow, opposite for me, I think it's very well done.

He owns a original...what'd you expect .

#5533 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, Munsters only has white and green. Tastefully done. MBR is overkill. It dilutes the games natural color scheme and color coding in a full wash of color non-stop. Now, to the game’s credit, you can change it back to the standard light show - but I have that already, so I just wanted to stick to what I had. Plus after being used to how an original feels, I really didn’t like how the remake felt to play in comparison. Scoop was shooting STDM, too...never happens on the original.
For the record I have a MMrLE, so I’m not anti-remake at all. If I didn’t have a MB already, I’m sure I’d be happy with a MBr.

Ah, ok. I love MET, but that is pretty over the top as well with color. Oh well, I must not have been having that fun I thought I had! Reading these forums reminds me of how miserable I need to be. I'll get on it!

#5534 5 years ago

I'm still excited for my pro.... game art looks amazing, has great ramps, great flow, nice dual lighting effects, cool lcd content,neat fun theme, 2 bash toys, magnet that messes with ball path ,a zap button that changes the way u play jackpots, different levels and lots other things. Are the rules gonna be deep like some people want... probably not. I'm ok with it for now as most my favorite pins are wpc pins and it has at least that plus lots of strategy with the zap button and the super/jackpots. Also there is a strategy for the munster madness also ...then there's the 3 levels that get harder and also change to hurry ups eventually. I believe it will b just fine when i open the outlanes and put it at 7.2 degrees. Ill let everyone know soon when i get my pro but I'm guessing it will be the perfect mix of difficulty once I'm done setting it up. If its not then ill sell it for a minimum loss after a few months and get something else.

#5535 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

He owns a original...what'd you expect .

Again - I have an MMr.

Again - I pre-ordered MBrLE and was going to sell my original.

Please absorb the facts before slinging insults.

#5536 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Ah, ok. I love MET, but that is pretty over the top as well with color.

It's not over the top at all. The color has meaning and adds a vibe to the mode that it becomes active in. Fade to Black fades to black (well, blue). Fuel looks more firey. Enter Sandman gets all spooky looking, etc. MBR is just a non-stop wash of color...it just lacks focus and seems random.

Quoted from dts:

Oh well, I must not have been having that fun I thought I had! Reading these forums reminds me of how miserable I need to be. I'll get on it!

Literally didn't say anything about this.

#5537 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not over the top at all. The color has meaning and adds a vibe to the mode that it becomes active in. Fade to Black fades to black (well, blue). Fuel looks more firey. Enter Sandman gets all spooky looking, etc. MBR is just a non-stop wash of color...it just lacks focus and seems random.

Literally didn't say anything about this.

Just a general comment on the negativity around here, nothing personal to you Rarehero. I like your observations! Don't always agree, but that is ok. I know of another very prominent Pinsider who sold his original to get the remake. It's all good. We are in a new golden age.

#5538 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First of all i never said that this was the best pro ever, that was Noob-a-tron. He also never said it was the best pro ever, he said best pro "value" ever, and there is in fact alot of value in this pro.

A lot of Fake news on here Trump style. For the record Maiden and Met best stern ever IMO. Best value pro is Munsters.

#5539 5 years ago

So has everybody sold their seats already even though they haven’t put down a deposit. At least the complaint cycle is consistent here at Pinside

Meanwhile, Go Munsters!

#5540 5 years ago

I put in some hardcore quality time on the pro and premium at Game Exchange. I gotta say I absolutely love the lower Playfield and having separate buttons to operate it is pure brilliance. For me it’s a gotta have, makes the game.

#5541 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Again - I have an MMr.
Again - I pre-ordered MBrLE and was going to sell my original.
Please absorb the facts before slinging insults.

Lol!

MBr for the HUGE win over the original

#5542 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I put in some hardcore quality time on the pro and premium at Game Exchange. I gotta say I absolutely love the lower Playfield and having separate buttons to operate it is pure brilliance. For me it’s a gotta have, makes the game.

Both play fields are only active during munster madness tho right?

#5543 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s possible, but if you listen to Dwight’s interview on Head 2 Head, doesn’t sound likely with Munsters.

Is it really too shallow for home use? I think of all the great Bally/Williams titles out there that I'd love to have, with about the same depth of ruleset. AFM, MM, TOTAN, TOM come to mind, repetitive and shallow but still fun to own and play...

#5544 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Both play fields are only active during munster madness tho right?

Correct.

#5545 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Is it really too shallow for home use? I think of all the great Bally/Williams titles out there that I'd love to have, with about the same depth of ruleset. AFM, MM, TOTAN, TOM come to mind, repetitive and shallow but still fun to own and play...

It’s deeper than ToM for sure and probably similar to AFM/MM however it feels like something is missing compared to AFM/MM (perhaps because it’s easier to figure out what you have to do on those games). Munsters will be fine for most households unless someone is a pro level player.

#5546 5 years ago

Id compare it more to monster Bash in terms of depth. The first mini wizard mode is somewhat obtainable on a sorta frequent basis, which it fun! The second is much harder to obtain.

#5547 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol!
MBr for the HUGE win over the original

Absolutely Iceman and its not even close!

#5548 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, the old "as designed" chestnut.
They're not hard to hit. Individual targets would have been only a smidge harder, but a needed smidge, apparently.

I agree that it sucks. Standup targets or even better, drop targets would be much preferred by almost anyone reading this thread.

It’s obvious that Stern is catering to the average arcade wanderer and not the beer-league players on pinside. Borg and Dwight both mentioned multiple times that certain design decisions were made because the average person didn’t know pinball.

They changed “Switches score double” to “ Everything scores double” because most people don’t know what switches are. They put in mono-targets. They made level 1 on the table easy to beat every game. They turned ball-save off by default because ball-save is confusing.

#5549 5 years ago

I know shit about pinball outside of the games I have owned so take it for what’s its worth but I would like to hear a review on gameplay from somebody who is already on a list to get the game
I appreciate a pro player review of gameplay for sure .
I had WD and loved it but waiting 2 years to see last man standing was intriguing in and of itself but I didn’t kill me that I didn’t get to it when I went to sell it.
I did miss having the walking Dead in the basement though
I am really looking forward to this game and would like to hear some love on gameplay
I love the shadow
Last time I played 350 mil first ball
Doesn’t take away from the game
All I need to know is ,is this thing really fun and fast,smooth,etc

#5550 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I agree that it sucks. Standup targets or even better, drop targets would be much preferred by almost anyone reading this thread.

Almost anyone. I always like drop targets more than stand-ups, but standup targets along the sides of the playfield I can definitely do without. Ever since I got Metallica I have always considered the single FUEL target to be an advancement and not a problem at all. I've grown tired of stand up targets getting smashed to the side and out of alignment and all beaten up. To me this is a great way to solve that problem and keep the game looking good and functioning properly even after tons of beating. The first time I heard someone complaining about the combined bank and bashing Stern for being cheap, it had not even occurred to me that this is a cost cutting change. If it is cheaper, then even better is the way I look at it. More reliable, longer lasting, cheaper and I never really liked shooting for individual targets way off to the side anyway. Win win.

That said it is a little too much to have the whole Dragula as one target. This is fine for the Pros, but this really should have been drop targets on the Premium/LE. Problem is that seven drops would not fit there, so maybe four drops to spell DRAG instead? Definitely not seven narrow stand-ups though. Narrow stand-ups just don't cut it when they get his from at an angle like that. So in any case for a bank of side targets:
Drops > one big target > stand ups

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/111?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.