(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 164.
#5251 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
What's your thoughts on the rules on being simple to get to Munster Madness?
How are Tournament players going to view this?
Dwight did say on head2head that he tries to code for opperators,home owners and tournament players in the same code.
Tho I feel that this is too shallow for the Above average and Pro players. (Or am I missing something here)
Thoughts???

It has more to it then just getting to the madness mode. It is no shallower than the pins cgc is redoing and they are selling well. TheGame just looks fun to play without overthinking things like on sw and got.

#5252 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree 100%.
It’d be hilarious to see Stern release a Color Premium... but based on The Munsters Today reboot. Pinside Pandemonium!!!

Oh man it would send shockwaves across Pinside! It may be even worse than when Stern said no Walking Dead Premium and then released a Premium after the LE’s sold out....

C771EE43-3C89-4309-A276-425F0D920051 (resized).jpegC771EE43-3C89-4309-A276-425F0D920051 (resized).jpeg
#5253 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If demand is still going strong after 600 are sold, time to rethink that allotment again. Same reasoning should apply.

Hell while they are at it let’s do that for all current SLE and LEs. Screw limited editions! All you that own them sorry Stern has a business to run and you are second as a customer.

Get back inline customers!

#5254 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
Dwight did say on head2head that he tries to code for opperators,home owners and tournament players in the same code.
Tho I feel that this is too shallow for the Above average and Pro players. (Or am I missing something here)
Thoughts???

That's what the 'levels' are for. Each progressive level gets harder (and scores get bigger).

#5255 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Set the game up harder if it's an issue.

Quoted from Squizz:

They always set up games super hard, so....shouldn't be an issue.

Iron Man & Tron have relatively simple "wizard" modes to get to...no one cares, they're super fun.

#5256 5 years ago

Dwight said on Head to Head that Zach and the other pros seldom get through the second munster madness

#5257 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
Thoughts???

I love it! If executed well, it will be really fun!

How many times do you get to tour the mansion on a TAF set up reasonably well?
I would guess you will get through level 1 semi regularly, but very rare will you go three deep.

Open your outlanes, tighten your tilts, and set EBs on har dif you are a good player.

#5258 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, and when they get bored and sell it for the next "fix", I'll be there to swoop it up cheaper...bwhahahaha!!!

Not Mine !

#5259 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
Thoughts???

On the stream, Dwight said he wanted non-pro players to have a chance at Munster Madness so that they could experience both sets of flippers going at the same time. It sounded like there was at least a second level beyond that. I was thinking of it more as a mini-wizard mode, not the full wizard mode.

#5260 5 years ago

I think as it is this game looks fun and absolutely beautiful . I bought a pro and can’t wait . I think that the code updates will eventually make this a great game for all players . All simple game play optics are from the current code and I hope this one gets code updates that just add to the fun factor and I can’t wait

#5261 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Personally, I think it’s great. We need a lot more simple in these games to make them appeal to everyone. I hope Stern never starts coding with the tournament player in mind... would be a huge mistake IMO.

Agreed. I think some of the fun gets lost when you have such complex rules. I also find it very irritating when there are modes that you will never see unless you are one of the top 10 players in the world. These complex rules are often full of bugs and loopholes where code never seems complete. Focus on simpler rules, theme integration, good animations, and extra callouts. That's what made the B/W pins so great.

#5262 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. I think some of the fun gets lost when you have such complex rules. I also find it very irritating when there are modes that you will never see unless you are one of the top 10 players in the world. These complex rules are often full of bugs and loopholes where code never seems complete. Focus on simpler rules, theme integration, good animations, and extra callouts. That's what made the B/W pins so great.

Agreed ..munsters reminds me of a b/w pin which y i ordered a pro right away.

#5263 5 years ago

We’re still on this 500vs600 bullshit? Jesus they need to ship some games so we can have unboxings to distract us.

#5264 5 years ago

Can’t wait to post unboxing pics

#5265 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
Thoughts???

I think the rule set looks off the hook fantastic! Some awesome ideas, and Munster madness looks fun, creative, and strategic with lots of diversity. Bravo Dwight and team

#5266 5 years ago

They talked about having to talk management into dual flipper buttons because if it doesn’t sell, well, left over double holed cabinets, but why not throw a couple of player controlled magnets in the Pro, say ala magnasave?!? Call it “Back from the Dead” And now both Pro’s and on up share the same cabinets, Pro owners get something Premiums and LE’s do not. Win win. (Wait, sorry, forgot about Pro coil count limits, my bad)

#5267 5 years ago

I wouldn't count on big code updates, maybe minor fixes. The game looks complete and fun the way it is, if you find it too easy you can make it harder with the settings. If you don't like the rules now, it's probably not your kind of game.

Quoted from Phatchit:

I think as it is this game looks fun and absolutely beautiful . I bought a pro and can’t wait . I think that the code updates will eventually make this a great game for all players . All simple game play optics are from the current code and I hope this one gets code updates that just add to the fun factor and I can’t wait

#5268 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Forgot about Pro coil count limits, my bad)

What’s this mean? Not quite following.

#5269 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Don't worry...not unusual.

#5270 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Some people think Stern has a (unwritten) rule that Pro’s are only allowed so many coils on the BOM... I always figure you stop counting coils when the game is fun enough, not when you reach a magic number. Besides, whats a couple of magnets to Stern anyways? They seem to have plenty to go around.

#5271 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

As a Stern NIB customer since 2004, I'd love to see 2 versions, Pro and Premium...no hard limits on either.

I’d prefer to go back to the days of one version of the game. Either you were in or out. No multiple versions of art, hardware, rules or pricing tiers. Game has a problem: one fix to concentrate on.

If they had released Munsters in whatever art version of the 3 depicted games, or included whatever features, lower playfield or not, it would have sold. Nobody could complain about it missing something or having too much of something.
There would be nothing to cross-compare. Here it is, take it or leave it, rather than playing Garanimals trying to mix and match features.

But those days are seemingly long gone.

Nonetheless, looking forward to trying this game.

#5272 5 years ago

The Munsters Pro is completely sold out in Australia first shipment end of January all allocated next shipment end of March with the LE's included man this is selling fast.

#5273 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

The Munsters Pro is completely sold out in Australia first shipment end of January all allocated next shipment end of March with the LE's included man this is selling fast.

Sure is... big hit for stern.

#5274 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
Thoughts???

Game of Thrones is not shallow by any means. I hope Munsters has a little more meat on the bones than they showed on the streams, though they seem to have nailed the theme (even though the laugh track is too much).

#5275 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Game of Thrones is not shallow by any means. I hope Munsters has a little more meat on the bones than they showed on the streams, though they seem to have nailed the theme (even though the laugh track is too much).

Thats what scares me, I know he went thin on the bone (so to speak) for all to experience the Rush of Munster Madness, Tho i really hope that they rethink 2nd time around to Munster Madness with more challenging shot combos to reach a Nice Wizard mode for lasting appeal

#5276 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Thats what scares me, I know he went thin on the bone (so to speak) for all to experience the Rush of Munster Madness, Tho i really hope that they rethink 2nd time around to Munster Madness with more challenging shoot combos to reach a Nice Wizard mode.

We are of one mind. Maybe he'll finally implement the fabled "Are you a Dog?" wizard mode with Spot. Naaahhh....

#5277 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

That's what the 'levels' are for. Each progressive level gets harder (and scores get bigger).

Seems an awful lot like Star Trek code.

#5278 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Premiums (due in May in Aus) are also sold out! So both the Pro and Prems are already on backorder for next production run / shipment, which would make it mid year or later (around August / Sep time-frame), which is a LONG WAY AWAY. The only good thing about this wait is that we get to see what else they release between now and then. Either way, we will be spoiled for choice. Can't wait to drool over this one in real life.

#5280 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

So everyone here be would happy if Stern stuck to 500 Le's and just taken an extra 100 LEs for the export market out of the US market?
Suits me

Yea just screw the collectors in other countries not ours!

#5281 5 years ago

I think the initial level needs to be made a little tougher - I almost got to Munster madness and quite a few folks at EAG yesterday got to it. Yes there are levels but it’s still not right. The mystery shot I think needs nerfing also - fotnextra ball and raven mode from it too easily.

#5282 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think the initial level needs to be made a little tougher - I almost got to Munster madness and quite a few folks at EAG yesterday got to it. Yes there are levels but it’s still not right. The mystery shot I think needs nerfing also - fotnextra ball and raven mode from it too easily.

Its supposed to be easier to get to on level 1 .. kinda like mb ,which most people will get to monster bash rather easily but monsters of rock is a little harder. . You can always set game up steeper and open up the out lanes which makes a big difference on borg games from my experience

#5283 5 years ago

I think the initial level needs to be made a little tougher - I almost got to Munster madness and quite a few folks at EAG yesterday got to it. Yes there are levels but it’s still not right. The mystery shot I think needs nerfing also - for extra ball and raven mode from it too easily.

#5284 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its supposed to be easier to get to on level 1 .. kinda like mb ,which most people will get to monster bash rather easily but monsters of rock is a little harder. . You can always set game up steeper and open up the out lanes which makes a big difference on borg games from my experience

Getting to monster bash is significantly harder than getting to monster madness in my view, we had the game set up steep and new waxed surface and in my view it needs to be made tougher.

Cheers,
Neil.

#5285 5 years ago

All I can do for now is stare at them.

ED6FDA75-BEF4-4D73-89A7-BA35767D4F77 (resized).jpegED6FDA75-BEF4-4D73-89A7-BA35767D4F77 (resized).jpeg
#5286 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
Thoughts???

I know we all have different tastes, but for me The Munsters is way to easy and not mutch to do.
You just have to play yhe 5 main Munsters to get munster madness. yes, you can set the settings harder but than you only have to make the same shots a bit more. and than you can do it over again.

the second goal is keep your superjackpots and cash the in with a multiplier. not a hard task to, because you don't loose your superjackpots after a drain.

So a good game for in a bar and for the average player but most of the people here will get bored with it very fast.

#5287 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I know we all have different tastes, but for me The Munsters is way to easy and not mutch to do.
You just have to play yhe 5 main Munsters to get munster madness. yes, you can set the settings harder but than you only have to make the same shots a bit more. and than you can do it over again.
the second goal is keep your superjackpots and cash the in with a multiplier. not a hard task to, because you don't loose your superjackpots after a drain.
So a good game for in a bar and for the average player but most of the people here will get bored with it very fast.

That is exactly what I'm worried about, I guess when my LE arrives, I'll see what the future with the code does.
Then decide if the family likes it to keep, or to move on when Jaws finally comes to town.

#5288 5 years ago

Just noticed this, sorry if his has popped up before.
Whats with the 2 holes in the playfield ( That I Circled in red )

whats this (resized).jpgwhats this (resized).jpg
#5289 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Just noticed this, sorry if his has popped up before.
Whats with the 2 holes in the playfield ( That I Circled in red )[quoted image]

Weird. Looks like a post hole and a wire routing/switch/GI hole. That has to be only in the prototype (typeS - it's in the black and white Premium, too) and can't be in the final design...can it?

#5290 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird. Looks like a post hole and a wire routing/switch/GI hole. That has to be only in the prototype (typeS - it's in the black and white Premium, too) and can't be in the final design...can it?

Yup in all 3 tables.
whats this 2 (resized).jpgwhats this 2 (resized).jpg

Actually looking at the Pro where the lower playfield should be, Uncle Grandpa ,Grass Hopper and Octopus leg just looks like a bad cut and paste Doesn't blend in well.... - Maybe I'm too fussy?

#5291 5 years ago

Nice find

#5292 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I’d prefer to go back to the days of one version of the game. Either you were in or out. No multiple versions of art, hardware, rules or pricing tiers. Game has a problem: one fix to concentrate on.
If they had released Munsters in whatever art version of the 3 depicted games, or included whatever features, lower playfield or not, it would have sold. Nobody could complain about it missing something or having too much of something.
There would be nothing to cross-compare. Here it is, take it or leave it, rather than playing Garanimals trying to mix and match features.
But those days are seemingly long gone.
Nonetheless, looking forward to trying this game.

I totally agree...was trying not to be too radical Kidding aside, while I agree with you, I can make sense out of a Pro/Premium leveling/pricing. Since public pinball has experienced a resurgence, it makes sense to have low(er) cost version of a game for operators (and a Premium for home players/collectors looking for more features). In other words, the models reflect the market. From my perspective, the LE market is largely imagined. Nothing limited about my Dialed In LE...plenty of them to go around. Same will be true for Munsters...whether it's 500 or 600.

#5293 5 years ago

Video pan across the premium edition. Sorry for the glare but was at a show...

#5294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're color-blind, then. The pastels in Beatles have almost no relation to the colors in Munsters.
And speaking of Beatles - zero golds sold on the Beatles store in the past 7 weeks. That second run to get to 1964 isn't happening without a price chop.

I’ll say the same about you. And I’m sure Beatles will sell out. Agree to disagree.

And Stern adding 100 LEs is a nothingburger. If anyone complaining wouldn’t have bought one had Stern announced 600 or 799 or whatever from the start, than ask for your money back, but please stop with the whining. You aren’t in this for the fun and the hobby, you’re in this for exclusivity and speculation. Your outrage is comical.

Stern has no integrity? For adding to the LE count before a game has shipped? Lol.

#5295 5 years ago

9B535C96-EFC7-4634-8296-9DAB85595CF0 (resized).jpeg9B535C96-EFC7-4634-8296-9DAB85595CF0 (resized).jpegFFF8E028-6818-469D-A5F4-B9FD4A9E2962 (resized).jpegFFF8E028-6818-469D-A5F4-B9FD4A9E2962 (resized).jpeg

I see similarities. If I’m wrong, guess what? Nothing happens. Just like with Stern releasing 100 more LEs. Oh no, wait, in that case, 100 more people get a machine they want. The horror.

And for those of you that aren’t buying anymore because if this, watch that door on the way out.

AD839433-9EE6-4E5B-9395-F3BA264D09EA.gifAD839433-9EE6-4E5B-9395-F3BA264D09EA.gif
#5296 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This is supposed to be a fun site about pinball.

You must be new here right?

#5297 5 years ago

I would be happy if Stern produced an unlimited amount of each version so everybody that wants an LE can get one
who cares about exclusivity - it's a pinball machine

And first impression, I didn't like the BW but it's really starting to grow on me.
Need to see it in person

#5298 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I see similarities.

So do I. I'm not sure why it should be surprising to anyone, since the artwork for both machines was done by Christopher Franchi. Had Jeremy Packer or Jeff Zornow worked on The Munsters, it would be a totally different beast.

#5299 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

All I can do for now is stare at them.
[quoted image]

On a memory foam topper? Are you at least gunna put a plastic sheet on it?

#5300 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

From another thread:

So which position are you in? Marketing? Support? I am also confused by
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/4#post-4442321
Where you show a picture taken supposedly at 12:30AM in Chicago (why is it light out?) that was taken in 2017, not 2018 (when you made the post), at least according to its image name.

While listening to the the Special When Lit Podcast when interviewing the people involved in the machine it sounded to me like they specifically added/left the laugh track in.
You are also the guy posting multiple times in the Deadpool speculation thread about who was working on what that was completely wrong, and posting pics of the line from the same 2017 date as the pic in this thread.
I've been seeing your posts for awhile and just been generally ignoring them as bullcrap, but looks like some people are taking them at face value. Seems like you are just trolling for sh*ts and giggles, and that's just kinda sad. I'd be happy to be proven wrong and have a Stern resource posting regularly on here, but not holding my breath.

Wakky either trys really really hard to misdirect everyone (saying Deadpool wasn’t next, munsters wasn’t happening etc etc) is just trolling us or he’s the factory floor cleaner and doesn’t have a clue beyond that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/106?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.