(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 164.
#5201 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree 100%.
It’d be hilarious to see Stern release a Color Premium... but based on The Munsters Today reboot. Pinside Pandemonium!!!

I'd like a color Premium also but with the Pro's backglass artwork.

#5202 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This license may have limited appeal beyond the nostalgia soaked middle aged man market (like Batman 66)
So wringing some extra dollars out of the LE suckers isn't a bad idea.

Yup, and when they get bored and sell it for the next "fix", I'll be there to swoop it up cheaper...bwhahahaha!!!

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Thanks Rick for the reply, Apologies you got some down votes on your response. Sad we can't have an open conversation as to what this extra 100 alleged units impact has financially both on us the customers or Stern. Both monetarily or reputation wise...
Thinking out loud, I would think Stern adding another 100 units could be perceived as devaluing the current purchased LE units by 20%? The same exact amount Stern is allegedly increasing. $1,799.80 ea unit. $1,799.80 x 500 = $899,900...

That’s okay. I was just trying to answer honestly. Bottom line it’s not the smartest thing to do but if they announce the change before delivering any units and allow cancellations that is about all you could expect. They probably have a bigger hit than they thought and just want to meet the demand. I get it. Hopefully in the future they are clearer about intentions.

#5204 5 years ago

Only way I’d get an LE is if it read
“#501 of 500”

#5205 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

An attorney gets downvotes for talking about a class action lawsuit against Stern. Now apologize to the attorney, poor guy. WTF?!
Man, if we have come to this, legal action over Stern adding another 100 LEs, the end is near. This is a seriously messed up culture. We should be thanking Stern for giving more people the opportunity to have an LE and not acting like our precious jewels are devalued. Of course they are devalued, the instant you open the box. So they projected 500 and had demand, and changed it to 600 for a small number of people. I bet they could sell 1000.
Back to the machine, please! It looks great.

I wasn’t talking about a class action lawsuit or suggesting one. I just answered the legal question. Some people are way too touchy for no apparent reason.

#5206 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I see that the B&W Art blades for the Premium are extremely nice, also the spider web side armor for the Premium looks nice in plain black...it was a good detail by Stern, but I don’t mind those in white too.

Where did you see those items? I was just on Stern's site and didn't see them. Thanks.

#5207 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If Stern's goal in adding 100 LE's was to make a certain podcaster lose his shit... JOB WELL DONE!!

On the scale of Kaneda extremeness, I don't know that his latest episode exactly qualifies as "losing his shit". Whether one agrees or disagrees with his expressed opinion that Stern's, after the fact, LE quantity increase and lack of public communication thus far are "BULLSHIT" though, I think he deserves credit for 1) breaking the news and 2) it being correct info. Especially since so many on this thread chose to dismiss it as being incorrect given the source.

#5208 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I wasn’t talking about a class action lawsuit or suggesting one. I just answered the legal question. Some people are way too touchy for no apparent reason.

We don't need legal counsel, the argument has no merit. You said people have the right to sue, but don't bother as it won't be worth it. Completely unhelpful to fan the flames of discontent when Stern is doing some amazing work. Let's talk about the game!

#5209 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Where did you see those items? I was just on Stern's site and didn't see them. Thanks.

Just in the Stern video teaser... I posted this video after I wrote what you saw lol

#5210 5 years ago

We would only be on page 37 if we just talked about the game...

#5211 5 years ago

H

#5212 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My call is, as soon as all LE models are sold and shipped distributors will start getting a demand for Color Premiums. Stern will then make a Premium in color.

All our designs are final and we have no plan to alter these in the future.
Regards
Stern Marketing

#5213 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Regards
Stern Marketing

There will be no Walking Dead Premium - Stern

There will be 500 LE units - Stern

Code updates every two weeks - Stern

#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I wasn’t baiting anyone. The color palette is similar. Lots of turquoise and purple, some pink, some electric green. Some neon elements. The table kinda glows. Beatles uses the colors more intensely. I didn’t say they were identical and I didn’t say they were were the same style. But if people love the Munsters colors and hate the Beatles than IMO they’re being contradicktory.
Par for the course around here.

You're color-blind, then. The pastels in Beatles have almost no relation to the colors in Munsters.

And speaking of Beatles - zero golds sold on the Beatles store in the past 7 weeks. That second run to get to 1964 isn't happening without a price chop.

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Regards
Stern Marketing

Given the history of doing just that there's really no reason to say it, or for anyone to believe it.

And FWIW I think it's fine. Making a new color Premium later isn't shady, it wasn't some limited promised thing. Make a new Monsters Metallica. Make Luci. Do a fishtank Walking Dead. Vault release the machine I'm trying to sell and tank the value we aren't owed anything as long as there wasn't an implied promise otherwise.

#5216 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Given the history of doing just that there's really no reason to say it, or for anyone to believe it.
And FWIW I think it's fine. Making a new color Premium later isn't shady, it wasn't some limited promised thing. Make a new Monsters Metallica. Make Luci. Do a fishtank Walking Dead. Vault release the machine I'm trying to sell and tank the value we aren't owed anything as long as there wasn't an implied promise otherwise.

So much hypocrisy, since I'm sure many of the upset folks are remake lovers (which caused my HEP AFM value to plummet by 3-5k

While that's a bummer for me, it's very cool that folks can enjoy AFM without going through a long, painful, costly restoration. Good for the pinball community, bad for the high-end collectors...oh well. Still not a fan of the way the remakes play (when compared with HEP originals), but the games are a welcome addition to the community starved for some of the old/popular classics.

#5217 5 years ago

munsters great fun, needs more code, some nerfing, lower playfield not as good as I hoped for, wish they had done a star trek style premium with the nicer armour. Hugely fun title, although to me Deadpool is better but this is still a good game and I expect a lot more with code...

#5218 5 years ago

Not a fan of adding games to a LE line in a title.
I get it,your paying for some extras and a bunch for the privilege to have limited issued game and I think it should be respected .
I get they can make some extra cash but you could say that they could just sell more premiums
50 more in the U.S. isn’t too bad.
Still pumped for the game

#5219 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Regards
Stern Marketing

Quoted from PW79:

There will be no Walking Dead Premium - Stern
There will be 500 LE units - Stern
Code updates every two weeks - Stern

You forgot. Luci will not be made in the run of the vaults - Stern.

#5220 5 years ago

Don't see how anyone can say that Stern (or any manufacturer) going back on their word like this is okay.

Is it a big deal? In my opinion, no. Upside is more people will get games and doubt it will have much affect on resale. Still doesn't make it right.

As others have pointed out, it's not the first time, so not a surprise and shouldn't expect it to be the last.

Just keep the possibility in mind when making purchase decisions in the future.

#5221 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Regards
Stern Marketing

From another thread:

Contact us here at - [email protected]
Ask for Peter who will contact our contracted distribution manager to follow this up for you .
Best Regards
Stern product support

So which position are you in? Marketing? Support? I am also confused by

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/4#post-4442321

Where you show a picture taken supposedly at 12:30AM in Chicago (why is it light out?) that was taken in 2017, not 2018 (when you made the post), at least according to its image name.

Quoted from Wakky:

We had the option of either doing one of the following -
1/ Keep the original recordings which have the sound track and laugh track embedded . These are impossible to remove due to the nature of the original recordings
Or
2/ Overdub new voices and sounds on top of the original video shots . This would unfortunately not satisfy collectors who expect to hear the original sounds of course which the laugh track is included and of course impossible to separate from the mono recordings completed in the 1960s.
Regards Stern marketing

While listening to the the Special When Lit Podcast when interviewing the people involved in the machine it sounded to me like they specifically added/left the laugh track in.

You are also the guy posting multiple times in the Deadpool speculation thread about who was working on what that was completely wrong, and posting pics of the line from the same 2017 date as the pic in this thread.

I've been seeing your posts for awhile and just been generally ignoring them as bullcrap, but looks like some people are taking them at face value. Seems like you are just trolling for sh*ts and giggles, and that's just kinda sad. I'd be happy to be proven wrong and have a Stern resource posting regularly on here, but not holding my breath.

#5222 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

An attorney gets downvotes for talking about a class action lawsuit against Stern. Now apologize to the attorney, poor guy. WTF?!
Man, if we have come to this, legal action over Stern adding another 100 LEs, the end is near. This is a seriously messed up culture. We should be thanking Stern for giving more people the opportunity to have an LE and not acting like our precious jewels are devalued. Of course they are devalued, the instant you open the box. So they projected 500 and had demand, and changed it to 600 for a small number of people. I bet they could sell 1000.

Screw all LE and SLE owners ....remake all of them - who cares that they have Limited Edition in there title!

That’s a double head banger.

#5223 5 years ago

ok can we move on from the fact that an extra 100 LE's are going to be made. Stern have decided and you can't do anything about it!

#5224 5 years ago

Here is a youtube video of our stream from EAG today. Youtube still processing the higher resolution versions....

#5225 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Regards
Stern Marketing

LOL

#5226 5 years ago

This 500 vs 600 LEs scandal has rocked me to my core. It’s shaken the very foundations of my existence. It’s not that I don’t know if I can trust Stern anymore... I don’t know if I can trust ANYTHING anymore?!!

#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This 500 vs 600 LEs scandal has rocked me to my core. It’s shaken the very foundations of my existence. It’s not that I don’t know if I can trust Stern anymore... I don’t know if I can trust ANYTHING anymore?!!

Oh the humanity!!! Won't someone think of the children!!

#5228 5 years ago

I get why LE buyers are pissed. It's a shady move.... changing the landscape after folks have plopped down money. LAME.

But, let's be honest. Thinking that anything created to be a collectable is actually collectable is soooo Franklin Mintish. Call 1-800 for your special uncirculated coins!

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 6.26.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-15 at 6.26.48 PM (resized).png

We all know the deal with Stern. They change the terms when it means they'll make money... Jersey Jack has done the same exact thing. And why wouldn't they? Business first, customer second. As far as I can tell, the only company that hasn't pulled this is Spooky (probably because they don't have the capacity to pull it off... although Charlie definitely puts ethics high up there, which I respect).

#5229 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Just in the Stern video teaser... I posted this video after I wrote what you saw lol

Thanks.

#5230 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It’s called “greed “ !!

#5231 5 years ago

The nerve of Stern making pins people want and making money.

#5232 5 years ago

So everyone here be would happy if Stern stuck to 500 Le's and just taken an extra 100 LEs for the export market out of the US market?
Suits me

#5233 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The nerve of Stern making pins people want and making money.

The nerve of Stern stating a specific number of LE's to generate quick sales then upping the numbers after the fact when sales are good to generate more money....cough Munsters...cough...BM66 SLE.

#5234 5 years ago

History with Stern repeats itself with regards to the dollar. Integrity never enters the picture.

#5235 5 years ago

I paid $12k for an original Medieval Madness and then they remake them... Outrageous!

Disclaimer... I don't own MM.

#5236 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

We don't need legal counsel, the argument has no merit. You said people have the right to sue, but don't bother as it won't be worth it. Completely unhelpful to fan the flames of discontent when Stern is doing some amazing work. Let's talk about the game!

I wasn’t fanning anything. What the hell is wrong with some of you guys? People are attacking each other over a legitimate issue some people have. This is supposed to be a fun site about pinball. If people are going to freak out to this level that’s kind of sad. Now I can’t even answer someone’s question without someone bitching. Lighten the F up. It’s a game.

#5237 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I wasn’t fanning anything. What the hell is wrong with some of you guys? People are attacking each other over a legitimate issue some people have. This is supposed to be a fun site about pinball. If people are going to freak out to this level that’s kind of sad. Now I can’t even answer someone’s question without someone bitching. Lighten the F up. It’s a game.

Whatever, I agree with Neil to bring it back to the game.

#5238 5 years ago

I'm really happy more people can enjoy this awesome game, regardless of what version they want.

Thank you Stern and staff for producing a beautiful machine and rethinking allotment for those that want the LE.

#5239 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Thank you Stern and staff for producing a beautiful machine and rethinking allotment for those that want the LE.

If demand is still going strong after 600 are sold, time to rethink that allotment again. Same reasoning should apply.

#5240 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If demand is still going strong after 600 are sold, time to rethink that allotment again. Same reasoning should apply.

BINGO! Now you're cooking with gas. Bring them on just as long as it doesn't effect game play who cares?

#5241 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

BINGO! Now you're cooking with gas. Bring them on just as long as it doesn't effect game play who cares?

Ask yourself why they don't just go ahead and make 1,000 LE's. What do you think? Can you figure that one out?

#5242 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ask yourself why they don't just go ahead and make 1,000 LE's. What do you think? Can you figure that one out?

Above my pay grade Ice and don't care quite honestly. Le buyers will still line up for the next game...it doesn't matter to Stern either..

#5243 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Was about to say the strategy of increasing LE allotment if demand is strong will only work once, but nah...I suspect it will work over and over again.

Got to hand it to Stern, the way they're always playing around with their pricing strategies keeps us guessing.

#5244 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I paid $12k for an original Medieval Madness and then they remake them... Outrageous!
Disclaimer... I don't own MM.

Meanwhile in the World of Poor Analogies...

#5245 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Was about to say the strategy of increasing LE allotment if demand is strong will only work once, but nah...I suspect it will work over and over again.
Got to hand it to Stern, the way they're always playing around with their pricing strategies keeps us guessing.

I get why Stern had to do it for their distributors and bigger worldwide distribution now

You would think they might have factored that in up front

So just make 2 unlimited premium versions since that’s what all the apologists seem to want anyhow

#5246 5 years ago

The truly absurd part of this thread is LE's are making Stern richer, not customers! (independent of how many they produce).

The notion that "limited" translates into customers making money (or losing less money) is imaginary.

As a Stern NIB customer since 2004, I'd love to see 2 versions, Pro and Premium...no hard limits on either.

#5247 5 years ago

We need CGC to announce the Munsters Remake in 6 months.

#5248 5 years ago

Back to Munsters.

What's your thoughts on the rules on being simple to get to Munster Madness?

How are Tournament players going to view this?

Dwight did say on head2head that he tries to code for opperators,home owners and tournament players in the same code.
Tho I feel that this is too shallow for the Above average and Pro players. (Or am I missing something here)
Thoughts???

#5249 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Regards
Stern Marketing

I’ll give you $12,000 for the LE Prototype in B&W with red trim, B&W playfield, art blades.... and you can keep your designs final.

($15,000 if my money is for charity and I mean it!)

Regards
Paulo JC

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
What's your thoughts on the rules on being simple to get to Munster Madness?
How are Tournament players going to view this?
Dwight did say on head2head that he tries to code for opperators,home owners and tournament players in the same code.
Tho I feel that this is too shallow for the Above average and Pro players. (Or am I missing something here)
Thoughts???

Personally, I think it’s great. We need a lot more simple in these games to make them appeal to everyone. I hope Stern never starts coding with the tournament player in mind... would be a huge mistake IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/105?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.