(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 164.
#5151 5 years ago

I think all 3 are a win in their own

#5152 5 years ago

I don’t think they “went color” the premier was in color and the rest was b&w due to cost and competition at that time

#5153 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll try to get this thing back on topic. Agree or disagree; but Growing up i absolutely couldn’t stand it when the Munsters went color. The B&W show is where it’s at, hence i say Premium B&W is the only way to go to own this game at home. IMO.

I definitely liked the show in black and white, but not the pin. Just personal preference but that has got to be adding to the quick sales don’t you think? The limited color full feature machines. Yeah B & W is cool also but just too plain for me. The colors and artwork are always important to me in the pin design.

#5154 5 years ago

Too soon to discuss/demand the topper????!!?!?
And also, they might want to make 2 versions of the topper. A black and white and a color. Really thats stern's fault for having both a color and Black and white.

#5155 5 years ago

From what I've been told this has been one of sterns(if not the best) best sellers right off the bat with a ton of orders coming in after the reveal and the days following. I'm actually not surprised by this as the pin on all levels (especially the pro imo) all have amazing art and have lots of neat features . Also the pro only missing the lower playfield is a big step up from previous pros imo. Also the animations and lcd content along with the sound /music is probably one the best of the lcd era from stern. Congrats to the team at stern that put this together.

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Wow! The LE's must really be in demand for Stern to increase their number. I better get one quick before they're all gone. Should be an excellent investment.

No need to worry, heck they will just make another 100! Cuz limited edition means anything under 5000 to them.

Stern- just go with model 1,2,3 and let people order whatever trim level they want! Why don’t you do this? Oh because LE prices would come down, meaning profit would come down!

#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll try to get this thing back on topic. Agree or disagree; but Growing up i absolutely couldn’t stand it when the Munsters went color. The B&W show is where it’s at, hence i say Premium B&W is the only way to go to own this game at home. IMO.

Personally I think the same about B&W and that’s my choice to buy, but the PRO it is simply pure Art, the PRO it is a truly masterpiece in my humble opinion...

I will add to my Premium the art blades, anti-reflective glass and the spider web armor in plain black,

#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wrong, Stern haven’t put the LEs on the line yet have they? Until they are on the line nothing is set in stone and Stern know this which is why every feature matrix they have ever produced always says “subject to change/adjustment”.
[quoted image][quoted image]
And I speak from experience as a BM66LE/SLE buyer I have been in this situation where Stern increased the numbers last minute, but it honestly didn’t bother me, it makes no difference to the value of your game, unless you where buying it because it was limited to 500?
Personally when I buy my LEs the number being produced doesn’t even factor into it, 100 or 1000 of them as long as I’m getting the game/features I want that’s why I’m buying to begin with and I’m happy.

You are correct- however stop and think why does Stern “say limited edition” buy my pinball sight unseen. Because they know certain people will pay extra for that exclusivity (to be in that club). Now if you open the pinball up to more there goes the uniqueness.

Heck while we’re at let Stern make and remake any LE or SLE. Let’s see what current owners of those games think. I know a bunch of pissed off AC/DC owners.

Good luck - my model is buy used from this point forward. Let those pinsiders that don’t care about LE or SLE quantities take the big hit in both price and exclusivity. It won’t take them long to say - my head hurts from hitting the pinball wall to many times!

#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Kaneda is doing some backtracking on his latest podcast... so all of the arguing and complaining about additional LEs may end up being for nothing.

Wrong- I got it in writing from Zach at Stern. No need to post his email.

It is fact!

#5160 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... Growing up i absolutely couldn’t stand it when the Munsters went color. The B&W show is where it’s at, hence i say Premium B&W is the only way to go to own this game at home. IMO.

Aren't you that guy who prefers Pro models too?!

Well anyway, if antiquated TV show images translated to obviously better pinball machine artwork choices, I might agree more readily. However ... I can't in this case. Not when the majestic beauty of the LE's full color is so clearly superior.

Behold!

munsters-le-cabinet-ff (resized).jpgmunsters-le-cabinet-ff (resized).jpg
Ooh!
Munsters-LE-Cabinet (resized).jpgMunsters-LE-Cabinet (resized).jpg
Aah!
munsters-le-details (resized).jpgmunsters-le-details (resized).jpg
Yessss!
Munsters-LE-Playfield (resized).jpgMunsters-LE-Playfield (resized).jpg

#5161 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Wrong- I got it in writing from Zach at Stern. No need to post his email.
It is fact!

I did also.

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Well anyway, if antiquated TV show images translated to obviously better pinball machine artwork choices, I might agree more readily. However ... I can't in this case. Not when the majestic beauty of the LE's full color is so clearly superior.

1965 C O L O R

box (resized).jpgbox (resized).jpg
#5163 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

1965 C O L O R
[quoted image]

Oh yeah - color RULES! (lunchbox art is totally different than antiquated TV)

Early Franchi too?

#5164 5 years ago

Behold!

It is nice indeed Tuna, and I’m glad to know that there’s 3 to choose and not just one, BUT!...

If the Premium and the LE were at the same price I will choose the B&W for the same $US 8,999, AND!....
If Stern decides to make another 100 in B&W and called those SLE, of LE(Classic Version), LE/B&W, or whatever I don’t mind if they charge 12K or 15K for a Pinball like that.

*Actual Prices
Pro Model: $US 5,999
Premium Model: $US 7,599
Limited Edition Model: $US 8,999

#5165 5 years ago

Behold!
[quoted image]
Ooh!
[quoted image]
Aah!
[quoted image]
Yessss!
[quoted image]

Man, that LE does look sweet. To answer your question though; i used to be an LE snob. But, i finally woke up....I’m just not that type of hobbyist - but i get the love appeal for LE’s so i really don’t care what people choose as long as they’re happy. Now personally, since i got over that LE hump, I actually prefer the better playing version, and that just happens to be the pro... in most cases (IMO ). But, for Munsters, i really dig the overall B&W package and mini pf even. But, this is all based on pics and streams - who knows how i’ll Feel when I play & see it in person, and more importantly, when i am ready to buy another pin.

#5166 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It is nice indeed Tuna, and I’m glad to know that there’s 3 to choose and not just one, BUT!...
If the Premium and the LE were at the same price I will choose the B&W for the same $US 8,999, AND!....
If Stern decides to make another 100 in B&W and called those SLE, of LE(Classic Version), LE/B&W, or whatever I don’t mind if they charge 12K or 15K for a Pinball like that.
*Actual Prices
Pro Model: $US 5,999
Premium Model: $US 7,599
Limited Edition Model: $US 8,999

Are those street prices? Are pro’s really up to $6k?

#5167 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

... BUT!...If the Premium and the LE were at the same price I will choose the B&W for the same $US 8,999, AND!....If Stern decides to make another 100 in B&W and called those SLE, of LE(Classic Version), LE/B&W, or whatever I don’t mind if they charge 12K or 15K for a Pinball like that.

If there are more pinheads as enthusiastic about the B&W as you Rolls-Royce, Stern may have really left some money on the table!

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Msrp... you can get them much cheaper if u call around...especially the pro and premium

#5170 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Msrp... you can get them much cheaper if u call around...especially the pro and premium

Roughly what’s the “street price” on a Premium these days?

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Yes indeed Eskaybee, those are
[quoted image]

Msrp is not street price.

Pro I would expect 5600

#5172 5 years ago

From watching the streams of the premium, if this were just a whitewood, I would want to flip it. That it is themed to a TV sitcom I used to watch as a child is a plus, but the double table action always draws me in. I might point out that I suck at any double level multiball play with double table action like Munsters with the exception of FGy. I have had some practice, though

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Roughly what’s the “street price” on a Premium these days?

Same as iron maiden was.... pro 5500-5700 and premium 7200-7400 in most cases. If you call around to the dealers prices sld all be within 100-200 of one another. Also if you catch ebay at the right time it can be cheaper to go that route depending on sale and cc rewards and ebay cash.

#5174 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

You were told right.
AMD may now get 10 of the extra 100.

Bruce told me fixed at 50

#5175 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I did a limited edition project once, some people might remember my Metallica hammer. I told people I was only making 30 of them. Frankly it was a lot of work, and it felt like it was best to not over-commit, I wasn't purposefully trying to stir up some limited fever. But the fact is I said 30 only, I numbered them, and that was that.
Now the thing is, they weren't cheap to buy, people paid some coin for them. And the costs were in my time much more than the materials, they were high margin. I'm not gonna say it was easy money, but after I recovered it wouldn't have been hard to do another batch and cash in enough to buy another pin or something. Demand was there, people PM'd me about them all the time.
But I said 30, I meant it, and if I went back on that it would have made me out to be something I don't want to be. I can be an ass sometimes, but my word is my word, and you can trust me to keep it. I wouldn't let down the people who paid me for something, I owe them that.
So my answer, as a business, is you keep your integrity because you promised something. If I wanted to make more I shouldn't have said 30, and if Stern didn't calculate demand right at 500, oh well, that was the mistake they made. Make a color Premium and move on.
I'm not buying any flavor of Munsters, I couldn't care less what the number is, affects my life not at all. Maybe this is all BS and it's not 600. But if I could choose I'd rather belong to a community that agreed about basic ethics and standing by your principles. Those are the kind of people I like to be around, even if they too are asses sometimes.

I don't think I've ever agreed more with one of your posts.
I resemble your remarks. If I was a really nice guy with a winning personality, I could probably get away with acting in a manner similar to Stern. There certainly is a gray area there to try to justify acting a little shady. However, if you're a little bit of an asshole, it's really a good idea to compensate for this shortcoming in other areas such as acting in a way where noone can question your integrity. Alright, time to move on from this.

#5176 5 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Bruce told me fixed at 50

You may have more up-to-date info.

Nevertheless, I'm so mad at the change from 500 to 600 LEs that I've vowed never to buy another Stern LE ... for at least another 3 months!

#5177 5 years ago

Live on twitch now streaming the pro from Pinball Heaven’s booth at EAG

Http://Twitch.tv/NeilMcRae

#5178 5 years ago

For anyone interested:

The Munsters DEEP DIVE!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-munsters-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-and-the-code-and-the-rules/

- Overview
- Price
- Shipping/Production
- Who’s Who
- Features
- Rules and Code
- How to Complete the Five Major Characters
- Munster Madness
- More Rule Details

#5179 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think he was just baiting the group.....

I wasn’t baiting anyone. The color palette is similar. Lots of turquoise and purple, some pink, some electric green. Some neon elements. The table kinda glows. Beatles uses the colors more intensely. I didn’t say they were identical and I didn’t say they were were the same style. But if people love the Munsters colors and hate the Beatles than IMO they’re being contradicktory.

Par for the course around here.

#5180 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I’m an attorney - there is no question if they changed a limited production run and added units AFTER taking orders anyone placing that order would be able to sue for a refund or the lost value. Good luck finding that it’s worth it to sue though, no attorney would take this kind of case on a contingency, meaning you will pay the attorney to pursue the case. The legal fees will cost more than the damage claim you could possibly win. The real damage to Stern is loss of customer good will and trust. There is obviously plenty of evidence in this thread that if they do so it will cost them in their reputation. That’s worth a lot to a company. Hopefully they wise up.

Thanks Rick for the reply, Apologies you got some down votes on your response. Sad we can't have an open conversation as to what this extra 100 alleged units impact has financially both on us the customers or Stern. Both monetarily or reputation wise...

Thinking out loud, I would think Stern adding another 100 units could be perceived as devaluing the current purchased LE units by 20%? The same exact amount Stern is allegedly increasing. $1,799.80 ea unit. $1,799.80 x 500 = $899,900...

#5181 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The same exact amount Stern is allegedly increasing. $1,799.80 ea unit. $1,799.80 x 500 = $899,900...

LOL, no.

#5182 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Thanks Rick for the reply, Apologies you got some down votes on your response. Sad we can't have an open conversation as to what this extra 100 alleged units impact has financially both on us the customers or Stern. Both monetarily or reputation wise...
Thinking out loud, I would think Stern adding another 100 units could be perceived as devaluing the current purchased LE units by 20%? The same exact amount Stern is allegedly increasing. $1,799.80 ea unit. $1,799.80 x 500 = $899,900...

The “value” of the LE remains unchanged.

#5183 5 years ago

So now the premium is worth more lol

#5184 5 years ago

Does anyone have confirmed receipt dates from their distributor for the Pro version? Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread.

#5185 5 years ago

Pretty sure the value of this game to my other (better) half is way less than MSRP, it might even be a negative amount. How does adding 100 more LE's factor in that situation, does that mean it is worth less negatively to her ? I should thank Stern!

#5186 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I would think Stern adding another 100 units could be perceived as devaluing the current purchased LE units by 20%?

LOL. Well, if that's the way it works, you should be able to find someone, right now, who will flip one your way for 15% below MSRP so that he/she can at least recoup 5% on their "investment."

Better to lose $1,450 today instead of $1,800 tomorrow.

#5187 5 years ago

If Stern's goal in adding 100 LE's was to make a certain podcaster lose his shit... JOB WELL DONE!!

#5188 5 years ago

Now the 100 extra units of the so called LE’s
Are coming we just have to wait for the Premiums to turn into Colored Versions

We pay extra for LE to get something rare and special now the rules have changed
So let’s see when Colored Versions are announced

Put $100 bucks on it

#5189 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Now the 100 extra units of the so called LE’s
Are coming we just have to wait for the Premiums to turn into Colored Versions
We pay extra for LE to get something rare and special now the rules have changed
So let’s see when Colored Versions are announced
Put $100 bucks on it

My call is, as soon as all LE models are sold and shipped distributors will start getting a demand for Color Premiums. Stern will then make a Premium in color.

#5190 5 years ago

Wow a couple of days off the board and it has blown up not sure about the 100 LE thing but I'm in on an LE it might even show up before my MBLE. A mix of the other models into 1 SLE might be nice? I didn't read every one of the 500 post but any word on any toppers?

#5191 5 years ago

Stern should let buyers mix and match their own color scheme on the Premium. Upper and lower playfields, in color or B/W.

That said, they should make the LE more special, if getting it in color is the biggest difference versus Premium.

#5192 5 years ago

The 100 is fact. I don't like it, but it is fact. I have a e-mail from Zach at stern confirming (you can get this also if "you" need proof). Where these 100 are going and what the plates say...I have no idea.

#5193 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Msrp is not street price.
Pro I would expect 5600

Or better...

#5194 5 years ago

I hate to change the subject but what does the Zap Button do?

#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetson:

I hate to change the subject but what does the Zap Button do?

everything you need to know. (as posted #5178)

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-munsters-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-and-the-code-and-the-rules/

#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

An attorney gets downvotes for talking about a class action lawsuit against Stern. Now apologize to the attorney, poor guy. WTF?!
Man, if we have come to this, legal action over Stern adding another 100 LEs, the end is near. This is a seriously messed up culture. We should be thanking Stern for giving more people the opportunity to have an LE and not acting like our precious jewels are devalued. Of course they are devalued, the instant you open the box. So they projected 500 and had demand, and changed it to 600 for a small number of people. I bet they could sell 1000.

Back to the machine, please! It looks great.

#5197 5 years ago

This license may have limited appeal beyond the nostalgia soaked middle aged man market (like Batman 66)

So wringing some extra dollars out of the LE suckers isn't a bad idea.

#5199 5 years ago

Odds are Stern will make a color Premium. FFS they upped the LE count already so to think they won’t chase more sales is silly. But, and I know I sound like a broken record saying this...

I feel like the Premium is the directors cut.

It’s Han shooting first.

It’s real maple syrup.

It’s the way the universe intended it.

(Not saying the LE or Pro suck)

If the LE were the B&W one you guys would go full Lord of the Flies & kill each other over it. I think Stern made the B&W the most accessible & unlimited version because it’s the right model to represent the theme best.

They all look great tho

#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odds are Stern will make a color Premium. FFS they upped the LE count already so to think they won’t chase more sales is silly. But, and I know I sound like a broken record saying this...
I feel like the Premium is the directors cut.
It’s Han shooting first.
It’s real maple syrup.
It’s the way the universe intended it.
(Not saying the LE or Pro suck)
If the LE were the B&W one you guys would go full Lord of the Flies & kill each other over it. I think Stern made the B&W the most accessible & unlimited version because it’s the right model to represent the theme best.
They all look great tho

Agree 100%.

It’d be hilarious to see Stern release a Color Premium... but based on The Munsters Today reboot. Pinside Pandemonium!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/104?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.