(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 164.
#5101 5 years ago

Anyone that is canceling their LE order please PM me what distro it is from. I have a close friend that wants one.

#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

My god all the insistent whining, teeth gnashing and anger over a lousy 100 more LE's is really pathetic. Sorry but I have zero empathy for a bunch of babies that are butt hurt over this. Shit happens, life's a bitch, move on. Good on Stern! They owe you nothing, go buy some other perceived toy with some perceived rare value because Stern will still sell all the LE's with every future release with or without you.
Stern in the future please keep to your commitment with production numbers but charge 10,000$ and raise prices from there. That way you bank more cash from these buyers, you will sell out as usual, and stop some of the bottom feeding flippers.
Where is the joy of getting a new machine! I get it but nobody gives a shit except for a handful of guys. The more the merrier.
CANCEL your order before you get a bloody jammer.

Whining about whining, was hoping this would just fade away..now this.

#5103 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Whining about whining, was hoping this would just fade away..now this.

Haha!

#5104 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Whining about whining,

Worst type of whining IMO.

And LOL, he goes on to say he’s ordering a Pro so has nothing to do with him anyway.

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Be cool if you could stand in that while playing your Munsters LE # 499.

I'd worry that I'd do some drastic save, and accidentally step on the fish.

Those things eat dead skin all day long, who knows what would squish out of them.....

main (resized).jpgmain (resized).jpg
#5106 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Anyone that is canceling their LE order please PM me what distro it is from. I have a close friend that wants one.

pretty sure gameroomguys still have them

#5107 5 years ago

See whining sucks for you guys too. Now we can talk about this awesome game that is shipping soon! Cant wait.

#5108 5 years ago

If certain distributors wouldn't hold back LE's to sell at higher prices later, then more people who want them today would be able to get them.

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd worry that I'd do some drastic save, and accidentally step on the fish.
Those things eat dead skin all day long, who knows what would squish out of them....

I bet they are a delicacy served raw in Japan.

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

See whining sucks for you guys too. Now we can talk about this awesome game that is shipping soon! Cant wait.

Sorry to take this political, but.....

i-do-whine-because-i-want-to-win-and-im-26943231 (resized).pngi-do-whine-because-i-want-to-win-and-im-26943231 (resized).png
#5111 5 years ago

Well he is a winner

#5112 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Well he is a winner

A breath of fresh air!

#5113 5 years ago

#5114 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

pretty sure gameroomguys still have them

Not sure if he called them yet but will pass it on. Just know he said he called several distros and they were all sold out.

#5115 5 years ago

Next winner president maybe.

#5116 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

After reading all these posts about The Munsters LE and how dare they increase from 500 to 600. I am on the Stern bandwagon without them i think pinball would be nowhere near as big as it is today. Only grudge i have is how much they now cost in Australia the Stern price rise came at a bad time for us Aussies our dollar sucks and will be sucking for a long time i think. I put my name down for a Munsters LE 6 months ago to go along side my dream pin An Addams Family full restore that cost the same as this Munsters LE. I was told by AMD i missed out and thought how and was a little upset.
Reading posts from people in the USA saying im getting rid of my LE i just ordered an LE and here i am thinking i will have to buy second hand. In Australia the Iron Maiden LE is still Fetching more than what people paid for them. Then i get a call from AMD nearly a week late saying i now can have a Munsters LE as 100 more have been allocated and 10 more are being sent to Australia. I think in the USA people do not understand how spoilt they are. Now i am very happy chappy thanks everyone at Stern and keep up the great work please please release a slayer pin!
https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/97239-The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Restored?highlight=ADDAMS+FAMILY

Cograts bro. Munsters LE is going to look great next to TAF.

#5117 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Cograts bro. Munsters LE is going to look great next to TAF.

Thanks mate pretty happy can not afford the NZ meet now though. Next year.

#5118 5 years ago

Simply a market move by Stern to take advantage of the demand. Although I personally disagree with it as it definitely devalues the perceived LE stigma, just cancel your LE if you want to send Stern a message. This would be a total different story if buyers were locked in but they're not.

I don't think they've done anything technically wrong here but add it to the greed cookie jar that they seem to be really growing these past 6 months (Beatles being the biggest offense this far).

#5119 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thanks mate pretty happy can not afford the NZ meet now though. Next year.

Nooooooooo! Damn you Munsters LE

#5120 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Not to be that guy, but 100 extra LE units sold to distros at...$8000? = $800,000
I 100% get the frustration but if you were running a business what would you do?

I did a limited edition project once, some people might remember my Metallica hammer. I told people I was only making 30 of them. Frankly it was a lot of work, and it felt like it was best to not over-commit, I wasn't purposefully trying to stir up some limited fever. But the fact is I said 30 only, I numbered them, and that was that.

Now the thing is, they weren't cheap to buy, people paid some coin for them. And the costs were in my time much more than the materials, they were high margin. I'm not gonna say it was easy money, but after I recovered it wouldn't have been hard to do another batch and cash in enough to buy another pin or something. Demand was there, people PM'd me about them all the time.

But I said 30, I meant it, and if I went back on that it would have made me out to be something I don't want to be. I can be an ass sometimes, but my word is my word, and you can trust me to keep it. I wouldn't let down the people who paid me for something, I owe them that.

So my answer, as a business, is you keep your integrity because you promised something. If I wanted to make more I shouldn't have said 30, and if Stern didn't calculate demand right at 500, oh well, that was the mistake they made. Make a color Premium and move on.

I'm not buying any flavor of Munsters, I couldn't care less what the number is, affects my life not at all. Maybe this is all BS and it's not 600. But if I could choose I'd rather belong to a community that agreed about basic ethics and standing by your principles. Those are the kind of people I like to be around, even if they too are asses sometimes.

#5121 5 years ago

Now that Munsters is here.....

Would anyone buy a pin based on the original Addams Family TV show?

#5122 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

There's two on eBay at MSRP.

#5123 5 years ago

If they are going add machines to the LE run-total bullshit.

Everyone had the opportunity to plop down 500 to hold yours as I did then paid in full.

Some people I imagine gave them a deposit then sold some games to pay for it.

I don’t believe this is true,because of the source,but if it is,again,total bullshit.

Telling somebody what to think is telling somebody not to think.

The LE on any game is just a collector piece.

What if they went back and changed camaros over to all be SS.
It would be total BS.

I will go to a premium from a LE,because to me,and this is just to me,I wanted that one and was lead to believe that all there was going to be

#5124 5 years ago

This extra LE thing no way is true.
The less there is of something the more desirable it is end of story.
It adds more value .
You are paying for the privilege.

Those that bag on this idea I am sure just have a case of sour grapes.

#5125 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Still posted on Sterns site... "Production limited to 500 machines"
any attorneys care to weigh in?[quoted image]

I’m an attorney - there is no question if they changed a limited production run and added units AFTER taking orders anyone placing that order would be able to sue for a refund or the lost value. Good luck finding that it’s worth it to sue though, no attorney would take this kind of case on a contingency, meaning you will pay the attorney to pursue the case. The legal fees will cost more than the damage claim you could possibly win. The real damage to Stern is loss of customer good will and trust. There is obviously plenty of evidence in this thread that if they do so it will cost them in their reputation. That’s worth a lot to a company. Hopefully they wise up.

#5126 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I did a limited edition project once, some people might remember my Metallica hammer. I told people I was only making 30 of them. Frankly it was a lot of work, and it felt like it was best to not over-commit, I wasn't purposefully trying to stir up some limited fever. But the fact is I said 30 only, I numbered them, and that was that.
Now the thing is, they weren't cheap to buy, people paid some coin for them. And the costs were in my time much more than the materials, they were high margin. I'm not gonna say it was easy money, but after I recovered it wouldn't have been hard to do another batch and cash in enough to buy another pin or something. Demand was there, people PM'd me about them all the time.
But I said 30, I meant it, and if I went back on that it would have made me out to be something I don't want to be. I can be an ass sometimes, but my word is my word, and you can trust me to keep it. I wouldn't let down the people who paid me for something, I owe them that.
So my answer, as a business, is you keep your integrity because you promised something. If I wanted to make more I shouldn't have said 30, and if Stern didn't calculate demand right at 500, oh well, that was the mistake they made. Make a color Premium and move on.
I'm not buying any flavor of Munsters, I couldn't care less what the number is, affects my life not at all. Maybe this is all BS and it's not 600. But if I could choose I'd rather belong to a community that agreed about basic ethics and standing by your principles. Those are the kind of people I like to be around, even if they too are asses sometimes.

"integrity"

#5127 5 years ago

And I am in on an LE of this model lol. I’m keeping it regardless. I love pinball and although the limited edition has some collectible value I buy them for the fun not the investment. A toy is a poor investment IMHO.

#5128 5 years ago

Can we get back to talking about the sweet ass game? Fuck this 500vs600 bullshit. I DONT CARE

#5129 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I agree with this but correct me if I'm wrong - those folks already paid you under the 30 LE agreeement and adding them later would be going against your word and devaluing something these folks already paid for right? I think with stern, no one is buying an LE without knowing that the increase is happening so if they continue to still pay for the product that isn't even ready for them, isn't it on them and not stern?

I'll be the first to point out stern cash grabs but in this case, buyer can still walk away right?

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Wow! The LE's must really be in demand for Stern to increase their number. I better get one quick before they're all gone. Should be an excellent investment.

I will say the only reason I ordered one before getting to play one is that I saw that the LE’s were sold out the day they were announced on three of the sites I buy from. I have never seen new LE’s sell out like that. I’m sure Stern underestimated the demand and is just thinking about trying to meet it. It was the color for me, I don’t like the all b & w premium so it was LE or nothing. I bought one the next day. It does look fun though.

#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd rather belong to a community that agreed about basic ethics and standing by your principles.

Take it easy Aurich its fuckin pinball, Man you guys never disappoint and this is all about what, resale value or owning a LE product? big deal.

#5132 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Can we get back to talking about the sweet ass game? Fuck this 500vs600 bullshit. I DONT FUCKING CARE

Did you flip back to the Premium Wacky?

#5133 5 years ago

Maybe Stern could reduce the number of LE's sold in America and increase the number to the rest of the world everyone happy.

#5134 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you flip back to the Premium Wacky?

No way! LE ALL THE WAY! MAKE MORE

#5135 5 years ago

Man, I’m really digging Munsters... way more than I thought I would. It’s like a best-of feature packed into a single game.

You’ve got the TFTC crazy upside down ramp, MM launch mech, TWD Herman magnet, FG mini playfield, etc. I don’t see these features as derivative at all, they’re kind of a ‘greatest hits’ of cool stuff. Not to mention the art is just on another level.

I’m more on board with a Pro, but I’m a cheap-o. You really can’t go wrong with any model.

#5136 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Take it easy Aurich its fuckin pinball, Man you guys never disappoint and this is all about what, resale value or owning a LE product? big deal.

You still have too many horse’s asses who tell their wives what a great investment their LE pinball machines are. About half of these dolts may actually believe that.

#5137 5 years ago

nvm

#5138 5 years ago

I seriously think the B&W Premium with the B&W art blades & Black web rails (add white inserts?) has to be the sickest combo ever.

#5139 5 years ago

Don't forget the part about still being an ass, that's really key too!

#5140 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Man, I’m really digging Munsters... way more than I thought I would. It’s like a best-of feature packed into a single game.
You’ve got the TFTC crazy upside down ramp, MM launch mech, TWD Herman magnet, FG mini playfield, etc. I don’t see these features as derivative at all, they’re kind of a ‘greatest hits’ of cool stuff. Not to mention the art is just on another level.
I’m more on board with a Pro, but I’m a cheap-o. You really can’t go wrong with any model.

I agree I think the combo of features and layout is really amazing and looks like a ton of fun. I watched three hours of CES video and the center ball drain prevalent in so many machines seems to be much less of a problem. I just had to get the LE and the side art is sick! I can’t wait to get mine. This machine looks crazy fun. And I agree some people are making way too much about the numbers game. No one has an LE yet so no damage done if you don’t like the change if they have in fact added units just cancel your order. I agree with the poster who stated that Stern has brought pinball back to life more than any other company so I’ll cut them some slack as long as they don’t change the unit levels after starting to deliver them.

#5141 5 years ago

I saw the pre-production units had the premium in color and the LE in black and white. I bet the change to color on LE only made the pre-sales fly off the shelves.

#5142 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree with this but correct me if I'm wrong - those folks already paid you under the 30 LE agreeement and adding them later would be going against your word and devaluing something these folks already paid for right? I think with stern, no one is buying an LE without knowing that the increase is happening so if they continue to still pay for the product that isn't even ready for them, isn't it on them and not stern?
I'll be the first to point out stern cash grabs but in this case, buyer can still walk away right?

Yeah sure. I could modify the story to say that I didn't anticipate the demand and saw dollar signs and made the edition larger before I shipped, but really it's not about the letter of the law, it's principles, right? Some people don't care, clearly, and are rolling their eyes. That's fine. But to me at least just because there's money involved doesn't suddenly change the equation. That's all I was getting at. I didn't make millions of dollars lol, but it was good money, I could have dicked people and bought a new Stern if I did more. That's temptation for some at least.

If you agree to sell your pin to someone, and another guy comes along and offers you $200 more, what do you do? If you sell it out from under the guy you promised it to so you could pocket a little extra cash and they call you out here do you get dogpiled? Hell yeah, eat those downvotes, and don't be a greedy dick.

I don't take deposits, it's a bad idea, I go by faith. Don't like sitting on the money. Sometimes it burns me and people flake out, but I've never not found another buyer, so oh well. But IMO once you take money, that's that.

Now it's complicated, because there are distributors, and they take the deposits, not Stern. And I dunno if that's a per distributor thing or what. But Stern likes the money those distributors send them, so to me at least it's all the same. Once money has held the line it's weak sauce to change it. If a part doesn't work out, and you get a POTC disc situation, well that's different. You can bag on JJP for being dumb about announcing shit too early, but I don't think it was an ethically scumbag move to change it, just stupid. There's shady, and there's dumb. And then there's both, and you get Jpop.

I have no idea what Stern is doing, whatever, we're just talking about principles in general. Is it cool do change things because "that's business" or not? I'm on the side of the fence that says money ain't everything. I like making it as much as the next guy, my next mod is gonna be expensive, I'm not shy about it. But I also believe in providing value for that dollar, and standing behind my product. I've sold a lot of mods to a lot of Pinsiders, and I'm pretty confident they'd all say they were happy with how I took care of them. That's all I can control as best I can.

#5143 5 years ago

Just out. Anyone getting number 501 or higher is getting a ELE.

#5144 5 years ago

To go with any of the machines (not sure if the licensor would be happy about these tees - found them on FB)

6F8C1082-8765-4632-88DE-8FE96C313A07 (resized).JPG6F8C1082-8765-4632-88DE-8FE96C313A07 (resized).JPG
#5145 5 years ago

Consider the source of this manufactured pinside rumor.
Just sayin
That shit isn’t happening no way

#5146 5 years ago

Who really cares tbh, 500 or 600 LE's...
100 more world wide really isn't that much more when divided to each country - per state etc etc.

I know in Australia there was only 40 LE's available last week (which were sold straight away)
Now it has changed to 50 in total for Us. 10 more LE's in total, it's really not going to change anything.

Really everyone should be happy this time, Look at the Pro! It has nearly everything on the playfield to what the Premiums and LE's have.
This was a shock in it's self imo....

Anyway looking forward to the finished code and fingers crossed the Dwight will still show as much enthusiasm as he did in the B/W Prem Tutorial a few months down the track.

#5147 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah sure. I could modify the story to say that I didn't anticipate the demand and saw dollar signs and made the edition larger before I shipped, but really it's not about the letter of the law, it's principles, right? Some people don't care, clearly, and are rolling their eyes. That's fine. But to me at least just because there's money involved doesn't suddenly change the equation. That's all I was getting at. I didn't make millions of dollars lol, but it was good money, I could have dicked people and bought a new Stern if I did more. That's temptation for some at least.
If you agree to sell your pin to someone, and another guy comes along and offers you $200 more, what do you do? If you sell it out from under the guy you promised it to so you could pocket a little extra cash and they call you out here do you get dogpiled? Hell yeah, eat those downvotes, and don't be a greedy dick.
I don't take deposits, it's a bad idea, I go by faith. Don't like sitting on the money. Sometimes it burns me and people flake out, but I've never not found another buyer, so oh well. But IMO once you take money, that's that.
Now it's complicated, because there are distributors, and they take the deposits, not Stern. And I dunno if that's a per distributor thing or what. But Stern likes the money those distributors send them, so to me at least it's all the same. Once money has held the line it's weak sauce to change it. If a part doesn't work out, and you get a POTC disc situation, well that's different. You can bag on JJP for being dumb about announcing shit too early, but I don't think it was an ethically scumbag move to change it, just stupid. There's shady, and there's dumb. And then there's both, and you get Jpop.
I have no idea what Stern is doing, whatever, we're just talking about principles in general. Is it cool do change things because "that's business" or not? I'm on the side of the fence that says money ain't everything. I like making it as much as the next guy, my next mod is gonna be expensive, I'm not shy about it. But I also believe in providing value for that dollar, and standing behind my product. I've sold a lot of mods to a lot of Pinsiders, and I'm pretty confident they'd all say they were happy with how I took care of them. That's all I can control as best I can.

Oh c'mon Aurich - you're just a "butt-hurt whiner". Of course, it's a lot easier for me to just jump on the Pinside mob bandwagon and say that rather than bother to actually read your post and understand your point. No - I'd rather just assume that you simply bought an LE to flip it and are upset the value will decrease.

How dare you give a shit about integrity in the hobby and business - you goddamn flipper! Stern needs all the $ it can possibly get so it can give it back to pinheads!!!

#5148 5 years ago

stern guy wearing this at ces...I really don't like pics on my tee, but I like this.

ebay.com link: Munsters Distress Logo TV Show T Shirt Sizes S 3X NEW

#5149 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

stern guy wearing this at ces...I really don't like pics on my tee, but I like this.
ebay.com link » Munsters Distress Logo Tv Show T Shirt Sizes S 3x New

Loving that tee!

#5150 5 years ago

I’ll try to get this thing back on topic. Agree or disagree; but Growing up i absolutely couldn’t stand it when the Munsters went color. The B&W show is where it’s at, hence i say Premium B&W is the only way to go to own this game at home. IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/103?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.