(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 164.
#5051 5 years ago

I guess the Pinball Flippers are the ones that are upset as it decreases their resale value!

#5052 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I guess the Pinball Flippers are the ones that are upset as it decreases their resale value!

think.gifthink.gif
#5053 5 years ago

There should be a youtube video made that shows people arguing about how angry they are that 600 instead of 500 are being sold of the $9,000 fun arcade they are buying for their home. Have an audience sitting and watching the arguement and the audience consists of people who live in parts of the world where they are desperate to get drinkable water, people who live in tents off side of a highway, children who love going to school because they get a nice hot meal where at home there is nearly nothing. The camera can get close ups of peoples faces in the audience and their facial reactions watching this arguement go on.

#5054 5 years ago

tell me who said it was a investment?

#5055 5 years ago

Homeless and starving peoples reactions to this argument.

K9xHaNs (resized).pngK9xHaNs (resized).pngOu6be3R (resized).pngOu6be3R (resized).png
#5056 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

There should be a youtube video made that shows people arguing about how angry they are that 600 instead of 500 are being sold of the $9,000 fun arcade they are buying for their home. Have an audience sitting and watching the arguement and the audience consists of people who live in parts of the world where they are desperate to get drinkable water, people who live in tents off side of a highway, children who love going to school because they get a nice hot meal where at home there is nearly nothing. The camera can get close ups of peoples faces in the audience and their facial reactions watching this arguement go on.

TWIPY stupid post of the new year goes to........Winner!

#5057 5 years ago

Every JJP LE model is 1000 or more right? Not counting CE's. I've bought way to many LE's of every manufacturer (including Heighway) and never gave a thought to the amount in the run. In fact, my Full Throttle had a plaque that said 125. No way there's that many of that title.

So 300 domestically in the US/Canada? 300 scattered around Europe and Australia? Still seems pretty rare.

#5058 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Except that 666 is associated with the devil. There is nothing inherently evil about the Munster family. The show was basically Leave It to Beaver crossed with Universal's classic monsters of the '30s and '40s. 13 is considered to be an unlucky number. It wasn't/isn't considered to be evil, it's just that people really, really liked 12 back in the day. As for making 1,313 LEs, to pay homage to the Munsters' address, yeah, I agree, that was never going to happen.

While the tone is goofy and innocuous, undead, vampires, black cats, grandpa's magic, werewolves, etc would clearly be considered demonic by many in a more serious context. Still works.

#5059 5 years ago

I see many dont like my last 2 posts, but I was just trying to say, let's be happy and grateful we are doing financially well enough in life where we can buy fun games for our home that cost thousands of dollars. We are suppose to buy these things because we enjoy them, not because of their rarity.

#5060 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

This is true.

I love this move by Stern because A) more people will have the opportunity to get what they want, and B) it further illustrates that all of this LE stuff is just meaningless marketing BS. These aren't "limited collectibles"...there are enough to meet demand and they pretty much instantly drop in price once inventory runs out.

If you're annoyed that they went from 500 to 600 you've already been manipulated, because all of their buzzwords around scarcity are pure lizard brain marketing.

#5061 5 years ago
uni (resized).jpguni (resized).jpg
#5062 5 years ago

Wow! The LE's must really be in demand for Stern to increase their number. I better get one quick before they're all gone. Should be an excellent investment.

#5063 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Unethical? I don't recall Stern ever making any hard "promises" to anyone.

Stern originally said that Mexico was paying for the extra 100 games.

#5064 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Flipper or not... people were paying a premium for (in part) is promised exclusivity. Stern changed this AFTER marketing and having orders taken for the game.

It would be one thing if it was announced, and just not ready for sales.. but they had opened sales for the title. At that point, money and agreements are already flowing.. it's bad form to dillute what you sold people on at that point.

Legal? Easily defended especially if they let prior buyers walk away without consequence
But optics? It's bad..

Either way, Stern probably bets on 'money today...' and hopes everyone will just be as hungry next time.

#5065 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You understand that Stern told PROSPECTIVE buyers that the LEs would be limited to 500 right? Does it not strike you as unethical to then increase this number AFTER the vast majority of those 500 purchases have been made?!
Or perhaps you feel that it's okay for Stern to disregard whatever they've previously promised, whenever they wish, in order to sell games because that's what they're in business for!?

Wrong, Stern haven’t put the LEs on the line yet have they? Until they are on the line nothing is set in stone and Stern know this which is why every feature matrix they have ever produced always says “subject to change/adjustment”.

5E3B4B8D-1F00-4C44-A467-7BD94A4563E9 (resized).jpeg5E3B4B8D-1F00-4C44-A467-7BD94A4563E9 (resized).jpeg33303E0F-5946-4D67-B0E0-FECD7A0F2E1A (resized).jpeg33303E0F-5946-4D67-B0E0-FECD7A0F2E1A (resized).jpeg

And I speak from experience as a BM66LE/SLE buyer I have been in this situation where Stern increased the numbers last minute, but it honestly didn’t bother me, it makes no difference to the value of your game, unless you where buying it because it was limited to 500?

Personally when I buy my LEs the number being produced doesn’t even factor into it, 100 or 1000 of them as long as I’m getting the game/features I want that’s why I’m buying to begin with and I’m happy.

#5066 5 years ago

Is it not true that anyone with a LE can cancel their order still for a full refund?

If that's the case, quit whining. Cancel your order if you don't like 600. Sheesh.

If they waited until after delivery I could see the argument. But at this point, I think there is no case to be upset.

My 2c.

#5067 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The 100 LE are 220 volts for Europe and Australia market

I'm told there's only 50 heading to OZ

#5068 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

If that's the case, quit whining.

Then there would be no Pinsde

#5069 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Is it not true that anyone with a LE can cancel their order still for a full refund?
If that's the case, quit whining. Cancel your order if you don't like 600. Sheesh.
If they waited until after delivery I could see the argument. But at this point, I think there is no case to be upset.
My 2c.

I think the issue many people have is that preorders can’t get refunds on the LE for the Munsters title. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

#5070 5 years ago

Kaneda is doing some backtracking on his latest podcast... so all of the arguing and complaining about additional LEs may end up being for nothing.

#5071 5 years ago

I like the LE, I want more people to have the LE. Make lots of LE's please!

#5072 5 years ago

Kaneda is doing some backtracking on his latest podcast... so all of the arguing and complaining about additional LEs may end up being for nothing.

You know the K-gland is laughing his ass off on getting you guys all fired up again.

"I only buy LEs, but now I'm never buying another Stern again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"It's UNETHICAL !!!!!!!!!!!"

"Stern is pure business, nothing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"If we all stop buying LEs, the Stern Shutdown will teach them a lesson!!!!!!!"

"I have a dog named Spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

indexhhh (resized).jpgindexhhh (resized).jpg
#5073 5 years ago

Was such a seamless and well planned launch by Stern this time - probably best I’ve seen. Then something like this happens and we’re back to “make it up as we go along” style marketing of old.

I’m waiting for them to announce the extra 100 only go to people who make a video begging to get one.

#5074 5 years ago

My distributor also said a additional 100.

The closest thing I can think of in comparison is. you buy a raffle ticket for $75...200 ticket raffle, JUST before the drawing they announce they will increase it to 300. Obviously you have no problem with that.

All this crap being said here still does serve a purpose. I don't like what Stern did...but, I love Munsters. You guys on the other side of this issue "did" make me look at this a little closer. This forum and opinions can sway hard ass opinions (like mine) one way or another. I want to say it was "never" about the future value of this game to me. I just don't like last minute things.

For me personally, I will still get the LE. I admit I was about to cancel. Like vid1900 said, there are many pinsiders who will be happy to get one if you cancel.
Even though I hate all the bickering...it can serve a purpose as it did.

What I will say, (cause this was my LONG time grail pin) I'll get it. Stern did a excellent job with this title! BUT, honestly..this is my Last Stern. I have no other titles that I would come up with that I Need. So, in the long run...I get what I need (win)..and they loose a Le buyer for now on. I'm happy with that too.

#5075 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wrong, Stern haven’t put the LEs on the line yet have they? Until they are on the line nothing is set in stone and Stern know this which is why every feature matrix they have ever produced always says “subject to change/adjustment”.
[quoted image][quoted image]
And I speak from experience as a BM66LE/SLE buyer I have been in this situation where Stern increased the numbers last minute, but it honestly didn’t bother me, it makes no difference to the value of your game, unless you where buying it because it was limited to 500, personally when I buy my LEs the number being produced doesn’t even factor into it, 100 or 1000 of them as long as I’m getting the game/features I want that’s why I’m buying to begin with and I’m happy.

FFS

#5076 5 years ago

Announcing 600 instead of 500 can only be a problem for speculators.

#5077 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You can apply that logic to any added features they put in writing. Are they not obligated to include upgraded speakers/side art blades or are those just promises they can break also?

Stern can do whatever they want. They can change the art, change the game code, remove features, add features, or change prices. They are not obligated to anything. If you choose to preorder based on what someone said, some production number, or what the internet says then you are taking a risk. You can call it unethical, bad business, or whatever. That's just reality. Wait to see exactly what they are selling, touch it, play it, and then decide if that pin is worth the asking price. Simple as that.

How about the game features matrix stating 500?! How about the plaque on the featured LE game stating 500?!
AND how about Zach Sharpe clearly telling prospective customers at CES, in the DeadFlip videos, that there will only be 500 LE's made?!!!
Never mind that a limit of 500 was also conveyed to all distributors and passed on to prospective customers contemplating dealer availabilities and cost options.

I personally didn't buy an LE based on the stated 500 limit and the exact number is irrelevant to my point which is ANY increase in production beyond the amount told to prospective buyers before the game was sold out (or nearly so) is unethical. It's the principle of the matter - you don't promise your customers one thing and then just choose to ignore it in order to make more $$$.

A plaque, flyer, or what someone that works for Stern is not law. Things change. Stern has been promising code updates for games for years. How is that working for you? I couldn't care less for those that buy LE's and try to flip them for profit. I say Stern should sell 1000 if there is enough demand. Any LE buyer is welcomed to cancel their order and get their deposit back. If plaques are that important to you, buy a pro instead and get your own plaque made for a few bucks.

#5078 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I thought you liked the B&W

Yeah I think it looks awesome!

But a lot of people whining about it = more demand for the color LE. Which is great for Stern because they can pocket an extra 2 grand just by slapping on a numbered plaque.

#5079 5 years ago

How about the game features matrix stating 500?! How about the plaque on the featured LE game stating 500?!
AND how about Zach Sharpe clearly telling prospective customers at CES, in the DeadFlip videos, that there will only be 500 LE's made?!!!
Never mind that a limit of 500 was also conveyed to all distributors and passed on to prospective customers contemplating dealer availabilities and cost options.

I personally didn't buy an LE based on the stated 500 limit and the exact number is irrelevant to my point which is ANY increase in production beyond the amount told to prospective buyers before the game was sold out (or nearly so) is unethical. It's the principle of the matter - you don't promise your customers one thing and then just choose to ignore it in order to make more $$$.

OMFG. SOMEONE IS MAKING $$$$$! HOW VERY DARE THEY?!

In such a tough industry I think the principal of making money to invest in new games and new things is far far far far more important.

Yes they said 500, now they said 600, who has lost out? did the sun rise yesterday morning? did it rise today? will it rise tomorrow? Are the Daleks invading?

I heard the US has now agreed a budget so that he can get the department of trade back to work to investigate this travesty of business!

Cheers,
Neil.

#5080 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Which is great for Stern because they can pocket an extra 2 grand just by slapping on a numbered plaque.

You get a bit more than a numbered plaque, right? Mirrored backglass, art blades, upgraded speakers, anti-reflective glass, shaker motor, spider web armor, etc. And Gary Stern's + John Borg's signatures are worth $2K on their own, aren't they?

#5081 5 years ago

I get people are unreasonably upset about commiting to buy a material object valued at an overly large amount based on the collectability of said object when it was reportedly limited to 500 of these objects but suddenly the unintegral manufacturer decided to increase that value by 100 more so there are now only 600 people with the exclusive right to own one of these seemingly unlimited, yet limited editions of said object instead of the published and promised 500 which is a change of 20% on your odds of owning one over the 7 billion other non-pinball playing people on the planet who could not care less.

But I am not sure it matters to me, I have to get past the “we are already getting a MBrLE, so no Munster LE soup for you” response the wife is feeding me right now... good thing she’s coming to TPF so she can flip one. Too bad all 600 will be sold out by then. So she has to settle for the Premium eh? The plot thickens...

#5082 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I get people are unreasonably upset about commiting to buy a material object valued at an overly large amount based on the collectability of said object when it was reportedly limited to 500 of these objects but suddenly the unintegral manufacturer decided to increase that value by 100 more so there are now only 600 people with the exclusive right to own one of these seemingly unlimited, yet limited editions of said object instead of the published and promised 500 which is a change of 20% on your odds of owning one over the 7 billion other non-pinball playing people on the planet who could not care less.
But I am not sure it matters to me, I have to get past the “we are already getting a MBrLE, so no Munster LE soup for you” response the wife is feeding me right now... good thing she’s coming to TPF so she can flip one. Too bad all 600 will be sold out by then. So she has to settle for the Premium eh? The plot thickens...

Or just wait??? There'll be LE's coming up for sale in a year at a discount when Stern decides to make another 400 of them.

#5083 5 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:
The 100 LE are 220 volts for Europe and Australia market>

I'm told there's only 50 heading to OZ

You were told right.
AMD may now get 10 of the extra 100.

#5084 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah I think it looks awesome!
But a lot of people whining about it = more demand for the color LE. Which is great for Stern because they can pocket an extra 2 grand just by slapping on a numbered plaque.

I don’t think that it will be just awesome...the Premium just for the fact that is B&W it is an instant classic, it will keep The Munsters alive in their own essence....

936EE7E0-942B-4815-912C-B56AE0887954.gif936EE7E0-942B-4815-912C-B56AE0887954.gif
#5085 5 years ago
20190114_163010 (resized).jpg20190114_163010 (resized).jpg
#5086 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Lol! Bloody marvelous!

#5087 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

You were told right.
AMD may now get 10 of the extra 100.

Yay! That means our LEs 500-600 are in the Limited, Limited editions. That means they are worth more, right?

#5088 5 years ago

You get a bit more than a numbered plaque, right? Mirrored backglass, art blades, upgraded speakers, anti-reflective glass, shaker motor, spider web armor, etc. And Gary Stern's + John Borg's signatures are worth $2K on their own, aren't they?

Backglass? Doubtful.

#5089 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Not if that was a True Pic, and they signed it, then that would be a True LE....too bad they're gone.

#5090 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Backglass? Doubtful.

Yeah, I probably should have said translite, but I went with Stern's own copy on that from their matrix sheet.

#5091 5 years ago

If I buy an LE its because I love the theme and want the best possible version, don't give a frogs fat ass how many they make. Jesus who cares?

#5092 5 years ago

From the Munsters Pro Manual, pg. 44:

550-7429-00 TOY, HERMAN, COLORIZED VERSION

Have we seen this anywhere yet? The Herman toys in the prototype Pro, Premium, and LE machines have all been B&W, haven't they? I was thinking I'd have to do a repaint on mine, but perhaps not...

#5093 5 years ago

Since this thread blew up with LE talk I cant find the thread about Pro DeadFlip gameplay steaming. When is it?

#5094 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I see many dont like my last 2 posts, but I was just trying to say, let's be happy and grateful we are doing financially well enough in life where we can buy fun games for our home that cost thousands of dollars. We are suppose to buy these things because we enjoy them, not because of their rarity.

Who says?

I agree with enjoy them first.

I like the “collectible” aspect too. So what

If quantity didn’t matter just copy JJP and see how that goes for you

#5095 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern originally said that Mexico was paying for the extra 100 games.

Best post award!!!!

#5096 5 years ago

I just got off the phone with Gary.

He says Stern is considering giving a coupon for a free pedicure to the first 500 Pinside LE buyers; so everyone is properly pampered.
fish-pedicure-003 (resized).jpgfish-pedicure-003 (resized).jpg

#5097 5 years ago

After reading all these posts about The Munsters LE and how dare they increase from 500 to 600. I am on the Stern bandwagon without them i think pinball would be nowhere near as big as it is today. Only grudge i have is how much they now cost in Australia the Stern price rise came at a bad time for us Aussies our dollar sucks and will be sucking for a long time i think. I put my name down for a Munsters LE 6 months ago to go along side my dream pin An Addams Family full restore that cost the same as this Munsters LE. I was told by AMD i missed out and thought how and was a little upset.
Reading posts from people in the USA saying im getting rid of my LE i just ordered an LE and here i am thinking i will have to buy second hand. In Australia the Iron Maiden LE is still Fetching more than what people paid for them. Then i get a call from AMD nearly a week late saying i now can have a Munsters LE as 100 more have been allocated and 10 more are being sent to Australia. I think in the USA people do not understand how spoilt they are. Now i am very happy chappy thanks everyone at Stern and keep up the great work please please release a slayer pin!
https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/97239-The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Restored?highlight=ADDAMS+FAMILY

#5098 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just got off the phone with Gary.
He says Stern is considering giving a coupon for a free pedicure to the first 500 Pinside LE buyers; so everyone is properly pampered.
[quoted image]

Be cool if you could stand in that while playing your Munsters LE # 499.

#5099 5 years ago

My god all the insistent whining, teeth gnashing and anger over a lousy 100 more LE's is really pathetic. Sorry but I have zero empathy for a bunch of babies that are butt hurt over this. Shit happens, life's a bitch, move on. Good on Stern! They owe you nothing, go buy some other perceived toy with some perceived rare value because Stern will still sell all the LE's with every future release with or without you.

Stern in the future please keep to your commitment with production numbers but charge 10,000$ and raise prices from there. That way you bank more cash from these buyers, you will sell out as usual, and stop some of the bottom feeding flippers.

Where is the joy of getting a new machine! I get it but nobody gives a shit except for a handful of guys. The more the merrier.

CANCEL your order before you get a bloody jammer.

#5100 5 years ago

I'm in on a pro and am really excited for this pin. It brings me joy,I know messed up right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/102?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.