(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 164.
#4951 5 years ago

The 1313 Mockingbird home is a spider haven! Complete the look with the New Mod Couple Scary Spiders custom flipper bat kit! Set of (2) custom made and individually painted flippers with detailed 3D Webbing and of Coarse a scary 3D spider to watch you play! Fear not the spider is molded rubber so he won't be going anywhere! Simple and reversible install. Complete the look and flip in style! Fits ALL models! Scary spiders oh My!!! Available NOW from our Website store!! Thanks for everyones support and interest!!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#4952 5 years ago

No home is complete without an irritating Grandpa Bat flying around the house! Introducing the "Batty Grandpa" custom flying Mod! Just in time to torment Herman Munster. This highly detailed flying figure is custom made and each is hand painted with just a touch of color to fit all game models. Mounted on a formable wire spring, he subtly bounces as if he was Flying through the house! Best location is to the right of Herman to give him a slight flasher effect. Simple installation using the games mounting screw post. He's Flying off the shelf to a Munster game near you! Available Now from our Website Store!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).png5 (resized).png
#4953 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Im in on an LE, the number increase doesn't really bother me, but man oh man. everyone has been super hyped abput this pin. and stern really has done well with the reveal, the energy, the excitement. If you listen to any podcast about this machine, the comments have been nothing but positive and energized and happy.
now enter the LE to 600 stuff.... grrrrrrr…. here comes the bitching, the negativity and the dark cloud...

Right!

Bad move Stern - you should have gotten in front of this instead of poorly leaking it out (if it is true as quoted above).

Do everything right in hyping and revealing from a marketing perspective only to put a bit of a cloud on those LE folks who give you those most money.

Hmmm... bad move.

Now if the offered it as a SLE or 500 B&W LEs maybe.

Maybe they will reward those first 500 who jumped in with a LP like Deadpool LE owners!!!!! Oh wait- they are still waiting on that.

#4954 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Then get rid of “limited edition” and go with model trim 1, 2, 3. Let people buy what model level they want.
Stern doesn’t do this because they get those 500 LE people on the hook before game hits the market. Clever marketing strategy. If they waited offering model 1..2.3 then they might not sell the higher level version out on (there most profitable version per machine).
So in this case Stern messing with LE owners will cause them to be upset and they may not order next time. They may wait it out cause if it is a popular theme “Stern will make more LEs.”
My 2 cents- let Zach know how you feel as an LE consumer!

You could argue that Vault editions mess with LE owners too.

Regardless of how one might feel about people buying pins as investments or with one eye on it, people do, and I think it's poor form to change the number of units you're going to make after you've already taken orders from people.

As you quite rightly point out "trim level 3" might not be enough to sell those units at top money, but "LE" and limited numbers would be. Adding 100 devalues that even if nothing else changes.

#4955 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The 1313 Mockingbird home is a spider haven! Complete the look with the New Mod Couple Scary Spiders custom flipper bat kit! Set of (2) custom made and individually painted flippers with detailed 3D Webbing and of Coarse a scary 3D spider to watch you play! Fear not the spider is molded rubber so he won't be going anywhere! Simple and reversible install. Complete the look and flip in style! Fits ALL models! Scary spiders oh My!!! Available NOW from our Website store!! Thanks for everyones support and interest!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look incredible!

#4956 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe they will reward those first 500 who jumped in with a LP like Deadpool LE owners!!!!! Oh wait- they are still waiting on that

They still haven't received this? Wow. Not that we didn't predict it.....

Quoted from rotordave:

I wonder if they have had the vinyl records made already.
I believe there is like a 9-10 month wait to get vinyl pressed because the demand is high, and there are hardly any record plants left. I’ve heard the music guys really need to book their pressings almost a year in advance.
You may be waiting a while for your record ...
rd

Quoted from cooked71:

Was thinking exactly the same. Easy to promise, hard to deliver. Could go the way of the B66SLE personalized Adam West call-outs or Star Wars Topper.

#4957 5 years ago

1 of 500 should stay. If they want to be creative and do additional 1of 100 or a special 1of 100 addition different combo, i'd be ok with that.

With me it's the principle of saying one thing and doing another, AFTER I put down 2k. Just isn't good business.

#4958 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you’re upset at the thought of more people being able to enjoy a thing, time to re-evaluate your perspective on life.

I'm not upset. But some might be. Troll elsewhere.

Sure - I like more people enjoying games, I don't know how you infer I don't. Simple fact : This week In Pinball said he'd confirm that the LE number would be increased from 500 units to 600. I said some people would be upset. Some will I suppose.

#4959 5 years ago

As stated prior, still on the website LE's are limited to 500 units, global.

Can't recall when Stern has ever "changed their mind" regarding LE's

Good grief...Certain Podcasters can't live without drama of sorts...I'll leave it at that

#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As stated prior, still on the website LE's are limited to 500 units, global.
Can't recall when Stern has ever "changed their mind" regarding LE's

Good grief...Certain Podcasters can't live without drama of sorts...I'll leave it at that

Didn’t they change on Batman SLE?

Whenever I buy an LE, it’s never for exclusivity. Instead, I buy because there’s something about the game play and features relative to other models that attracts me. That said, I don’t like that a manufacturer changes production numbers on game they’ve said would be limited to X amount. Instead, I’d rather they just produce a different version. At least that’s a little more transparent.

#4961 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Didn’t they change on Batman SLE?

Sure did. Almost tripled it from 30 to 80 after the fact.

#4962 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure did. Almost tripled it from 30 to 80 after the fact.

Stern stated the add of the SLE's pretty early, as that whole release was way hyped, and weird w needing to send a video of why you should get one.

There were people at expo getting verbals that they were "in"...Whole thing was way out of character. This was just the SLE's, LE's stayed as stated., #`s wise.

Munsters is going to sell a lot ( and I'm buying an LE because that's the version I like).....don't see them changing the LE#'s.

#4963 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

don't see them changing the LE#'s.

Already been confirmed by a few distributors in this thread that they are changing to 600 LE's.

#4964 5 years ago

We have come a long ways from the days of TWD announcement.

Initially, there was not going to be a "premium" version. Thus you need to get your "LE's" in and paid for or wait for the Pro.

Big demand for the game and the rest is history. This falls under "subject to change".......

Whatever they do going forward if Stern wants to make 600 LE's? 800? 1000? I don't care.

Make a "collectible" edition and i don't mean Beatle's style. Batman style ish......

#4965 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Already been confirmed by a few distributors in this thread that they are changing to 600 LE's.

Think it's "supposedly being considered" by Stern. Regardless, my speculation is over...Have one coming in February, and will break from these threads until after I get the machine...

#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

and will break from these threads until after I get the machine...

#4967 5 years ago

More pinball is great pinball! Make a ton of LE’s So more can enjoy the sweetness of that color

#4968 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think it's "supposedly being considered" by Stern. Regardless, my speculation is over...Have one coming in February, and will break from these threads until after I get the machine...

You can hang out in the owners club now!

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you’re upset at the thought of more people being able to enjoy a thing, time to re-evaluate your perspective on life.

That's not the point at all and you know it. It's about honesty and integrity, and Stern is showing they are lacking in both.

#4970 5 years ago

Still waiting for a color premium or TPF announcements of new kick butt titles.

Whichever comes first.

#4971 5 years ago

Truth and integrity should count.

#4972 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Truth and integrity should count.

Unfortunately there is a lot of shadiness in this hobby. In all corners of it.

#4973 5 years ago

Not to be that guy, but 100 extra LE units sold to distros at...$8000? = $800,000

I 100% get the frustration but if you were running a business what would you do?

#4974 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Not to be that guy, but 100 extra LE units sold to distros at...$8000? = $800,000
I 100% get the frustration but if you were running a business what would you do?

A) stern doesn’t get 8000, maybe 7000? Then factor in those 100 probably would buy a premium. Which stern gets what, 6000 for? They really are only gaining 100,000 dollars. I think the reason is the demand, lots of people want the LE and stern wants to put it in more hands.

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I would lie and deceive my $10,000 customers. Not!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4976 5 years ago

I say, the more the merrier. In the grand scheme of things, these ARE limited. Just feel thankful that we are able to have these machines in our homes. We are fortunate to be arguing over toys. I don’t care if the number is 1000. I know 100 friends, 100 family members and 100 strangers that don’t have any games at home.
I’m out on Sterns (for other reasons), but I wish them well in this game. If I had to throw my hat in....the Prem would be my machine of choice.

#4977 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Domestic Pros supposedly the week of the 21st, the LEs the first week of Feb, then Premiums the first week of March. I have no idea why the gap is so big between the LE and the Premiums, but that's the official Stern schedule to dists.

This is not unusual. Premiums usually ship last, around 3 months after Pro models.

#4978 5 years ago

The extra 100 LE's will probably cover the 1.5% of Stern's customer base that has an unnatural fear of B&W pinball artwork and an extreme desire to play in Grandpa Munster's basement.

#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

The extra 100 LE's will probably cover the 1.5% of Stern's customer base that has an unnatural fear of B&W pinball artwork and an extreme desire to play in Grandpa Munster's basement.

And those who have a fetish for caskets.....

https://www.cltampa.com/news-views/sex-love/article/20740921/the-six-feet-under-club-offers-sex-in-a-buried-coffin

(before clicking beware, some things cant be unread)

#4980 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is not unusual. Premiums usually ship last, around 3 months after Pro models.

My distributor here in Canada told me 1st week of March for the Premiums.

#4981 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

My distributor here in Canada told me 1st week of March for the Premiums.

Yeah so with the Pros shipping later this month, Premiums are on track for sure. Lots of chances to play a Premium at TPF I bet! I bet they have at least 5 Premiums there to play.

#4982 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Why stop at 100 extra? Why not 200? Why not just leave sales open for an indefinite period until everyone gets one that wants one. The money could potentially be in the multiple millions. Oh wait... the math on this is screwed up because the “profit margin” is not the total of sales... oh yeah, and another reason is that little word called limited.

This is so F#%d up I don’t even know what else to say.

#4983 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Why stop at 100 extra? Why not 200? Why not just leave sales open for an indefinite period until everyone gets one that wants one. Oh wait... there’s that little word called limited.
This excuse that more money is the reason is so F#%d up I don’t even know what else to say.

Stern needs to change it to ULE's. Unlimited Editions! Oh wait a second, that's called a Pro or a Premium.
I don't care if they want to crank out more of them but then stop calling them Limited Editions. Call them the VIP or the Fancy Pants. Anything but the LE.

#4984 5 years ago

Even though I really don’t care about the extra 100, this reeks of a company milking a shrinking market with limited long term prospects for all its worth. Milk as much as you can from this cow today for tomorrow the cow will likely be dead. Too pessimistic?

#4985 5 years ago

I only buy LE's, so if all LE's sell out and I cannot get one than I won't be buying anything. So its smart for them to make enough to go around. I do not buy as a investment, I buy to play and have fun. There is no investment in pinball, those days are over as prices for pinball machine are way up. Usually now if you buy a new machine you will lose money even if it is a LE.

#4986 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I only buy LE's, so if all LE's sell out and I cannot get one than I won't be buying anything. So its smart for them to make enough to go around. I do not buy as a investment, I buy to play and have fun. There is no investment in pinball, those days are over as prices for pinball machine are way up. Usually now if you buy a new machine you will lose money even if it is a LE.

Right - just get rid of LEs then.
Make it model level 1, 2 and 3 and let anyone order one of these levels.

Wait, Stern want do this because if it is a crap title no one will order the top of the line model once they see and play it. They figured out their marketing strategy- hook LE owners before release based on calling it a LE!

Now if they change this, They will screw them over with more machines released. Bad form Stern!!!! Hope this is all Pinside BS or LE owners might take a wait and see approach on next title.

#4987 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Why not just make premium color and premium BW. Why limit at all?

#4988 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Also, let me know when you sell your next LE, I will offer 50% of what you paid. Now you say NO way - everyone has a price at which this is acceptable.

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

And I think more an more feel this way. So why not just make 3 trim levels, none of which are limited?

Its become a game of how much you can push the "collectability" and therefore the extra margin.

#4990 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I own just 3 games and all three are LE’s... Munsters Premium B&W will be the exception, I consider that necessary for a B&W tv show.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Why not just make premium color and premium BW. Why limit at all?

Stern simply should make the next 100 LE’s in B&W with badges from 1/100, and leave the color ones alone with the 1/500 just for respect to the 500 Collectors that will own those.

#4991 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I own just 3 games and all three are LE’s... Munsters Premium B&W will be the exception, I consider that necessary for a B&W tv show.

Stern simply should make the next 100 LE’s in B&W with badges from 1/100, and leave the color ones alone with the 1/500 just for respect to the 500 Collectors that will own those.

Great idea

#4992 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No home is complete without an irritating Grandpa Bat flying around the house! Introducing the "Batty Grandpa" custom flying Mod! Just in time to torment Herman Munster. This highly detailed flying figure is custom made and each is hand painted with just a touch of color to fit all game models. Mounted on a formable wire spring, he subtly bounces as if he was Flying through the house! Best location is to the right of Herman to give him a slight flasher effect. Simple installation using the games mounting screw post. He's Flying off the shelf to a Munster game near you! Available Now from our Website Store!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!! Ordered all three!!!

#4993 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Why stop at 100 extra? Why not 200? Why not just leave sales open for an indefinite period until everyone gets one that wants one. The money could potentially be in the multiple millions. Oh wait... the math on this is screwed up because the “profit margin” is not the total of sales... oh yeah, and another reason is that little word called limited.

This is so F#%d up I don’t even know what else to say.

Seriously? You know the whole LE is a cash grab. LE buyers line up each and every time with no memory of past woes. Why not bump the number up if demand is hot? How is that a f-ed up thing? Stern is in the business to sell pins. I would bump it up to 1000 and watch them fly out the door.

#4994 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Seriously? You know the whole LE is a cash grab. LE buyers line up each and every time with no memory of past woes. Why not bump the number up if demand is hot? How is that a f-ed up thing? Stern is in the business to sell pins. I would bump it up to 1000 and watch them fly out the door.

Then watch their business model tank on the next LE pinball where everyone says let’s wait till we play. And if that LE pinball is a flop, then very low sales! Ouch!

Right now they can sell sight unseen because it is a “limited edition”. Not LE, wait we will add more if popular.

#4995 5 years ago

I don't think the extra 100 is the issue, it's the timing.

I don't imagine people buying an LE when it was X/500 would not have bought if it had been announced as X/600, or possibly even X/1000. But, crucially, selling something as limited, taking orders and money for it and then going "we could make some more money here, let's add another 100" is disrespectful of the existing LE buyers, and unprofessional.

Also I don't necessarily buy that Stern could sell an unlimited amount of LEs. The reason many people will buy a LE, at the inflated prices, is because it is sold as limited. The investment potential might not be at the forefront of customer's minds, but it would be a factor, and they would certainly be thinking that it ought to retain its value more. A $10,000 pin that pretty much anyone can get because supply exists to meet demand would simply mean that the value would depreciate in line with the non-limited editions. Limited edition as a concept only works as a value proposition when demand outstrips supply, and where the manufacturer understands and accepts that they could sell more but choose not to in order to create exclusivity. As was said earlier by another member - if they sold it as "trim level 3" it wouldn't have the same appeal. People would quite rightly just compare what you actually get for your extra cash over "trim level 2", and it becomes a different value proposition entirely.

Ultimately though the issue is of trust and professionalism I think. If Stern are prepared to change the parameters of LEs after the fact, when the order books are already open, there's no reason to trust that they wouldn't do it again, or even decide to do something else - more impactful - that would impact the value proposition or exclusivity of a LE purchase.

#4996 5 years ago

luci vault ring a bell?

#4997 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

luci vault ring a bell?

Luci was a premium, not an LE

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

... Why not bump the number up if demand is hot? How is that a f-ed up thing? Stern is in the business to sell pins. I would bump it up to 1000 and watch them fly out the door.

You understand that Stern told PROSPECTIVE buyers that the LEs would be limited to 500 right? Does it not strike you as unethical to then increase this number AFTER the vast majority of those 500 purchases have been made?!

Or perhaps you feel that it's okay for Stern to disregard whatever they've previously promised, whenever they wish, in order to sell games because that's what they're in business for!?

#4999 5 years ago

This game and topic is like a run away freight train based on a 9th party web bloggers comment without Facts. If Kanada says the next Stern might be Barbie done in only shades of pink will that be the assumed company direction? Until the Company Directly makes a statement (which I really doubt) about a change this all seems like a speculation rumor fire. JMO

#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Luci was a premium, not an LE

Luci was indeed a premium.
171 were made, and were worth more on the second hand market than the other premiums.

Luci 'Vault' however was produced (as were the other AC/DC vault editions) only a few years after Gary Stern said there would be no more AC/DC machines after the initial 5 year licence to produce expired.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/100?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.