Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201101_132438 (resized).jpg
Far Side suggestion box (resized).jpg
2E34B823-27C4-4ED1-9BB9-4321596969A8 (resized).png
stern monkey's (resized).jpg
649105BA-7DBE-4FCF-8629-3F6EDB2B37F6 (resized).jpeg
color (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Take the Stern reputation and elevate it to another level.

Very funny!

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I obviously have no idea what goes on at Stern, but that said, I can't see how they'd win in any way by responding your emails.
Even a little "thanks for the feedback" note will immediately get posted here on Pinside. The language will get picked apart, the fact that there's any response at all will start a back and forth over what it means, should we be doing this for every game now, etc etc. There will be a thread for every game with people posting about how many different email addresses they're CCing ("emailed Dwight, George, Gary, Chas, and Bug Report").
I'm not saying don't do it, do you, not my problem what emails Stern deals with. Just saying, I can't see any upside to them actually responding. At best they'd talk internally and act or not, and probably never acknowledge any changes were in any way prompted by fan feedback.

I've had good luck emailing Stern over the years, however all the emails were focused on very specific concerns/issues. I also tried hard to direct the email to the right person. Emailing Chas for the issues discussed in this thread is off target.

The issue of making Munsters "better" is too general. I'm sure Stern reps are thinking...if you don't like the game, don't buy it!

The 3 year in development KISS update was more actionable, since the KISS "cities" were totally unimplemented. Fortunately, this dropped ball enabled *someone* at Stern to make magic happen (the update totally transformed the game...).

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I think Stern should open up the source code a bit more for us and allow the community to make changes to ruleset.
Would make for a great second tier of hobbyist and crowdsourcing. Then you could make your own updates and be proactive.
Unfortunately I don't think this is an option for anyone outside of the homebrew pinball community.

This is a naive idea. For one, the licensee's don't want arbitrary, unmanaged changes to a game. In general, this would lead to an arbitrary number of versions of a game...impossible to support on many levels. The only way open source works is if folks contributing are being managed by the mothership (in this case, Stern). I was one of the open source pioneers in the mid-80's, and understand the development model.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If only AFM and MM had just been remade and were available for sale new so we could test that theory.

And as we know, the AFM/MB/MM triumvirate continue to sell well and entertain. The demand is for fun...all of them are the total package.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Maybe the total package for a dmd, it not in the LCD era. If they didn’t have what’s missing in Munsters LCD, meaning series TV show material, everyone would be upset. That’s the issue here. Munsters doesn’t have much in the way of theme tv series integration. That’s what we’re all upset about. Game play wise it’s every bit as fun as the oldies.

No doubt that having an LCD raises the bar for what's visible. LOTR and STTNG have intense theme integration with "dots". The choreography (i.e. integration of the sounds, callouts and "display") is outstanding for both LOTR and STTNG.

I owned Munsters briefly and it didn't have the chemistry that competes with classics like AFM/MB/MM. I grew up with Munsters and it's FUNNY (yet I didn't feel any of that humor when playing the game). AFM and MM both put many smiles on my face. MB is more like a rock and roll pin...all about the tunes, which make the game. Without the tunes, MB would be really "meh".

Listen, I respect all the folks that love Munsters. Just a title that didn't put smiles on my face and didn't challenge me. When I'm looking to own a game, I need to be entertained and/or challenged. Munsters did neither for me...no big deal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.