8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5798626250_3a455f2e8f_b.jpg
    dragula2.jpg
    DragStrip4.jpg
    MunsterKoach2c.jpg
    Salma_Hotel.jpg
    the_munsters_today.jpg
    ted_&_butch_Patrick.jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=683836

A munster return could be an great idea for stern.

#2 8 years ago

Love it!

ted_&_butch_Patrick.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Is that Eddie Munster?? And are they bringing it back? I loved that show!

#4 8 years ago

Problem with that idea is Stern would have to base it off of the new show and not the original. If they do one with the original show (never happen of course) I'm all in.

#5 8 years ago

*sigh*
    Are we forgetting what happened the last time they tried this???

the_munsters_today.jpg

But, if they do the original series machine I am ALL IN!!!

#6 8 years ago

With Bryan Fuller at the helm, I'll definitely watch. Most of his shows get cancelled way too soon (i.e. Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies). Fuller has a knack for creating dark and quirky shows that are extremely compelling. IMHO, the first season of Heroes is one of the best seasons of any show in the history of television. The show quickly went down hill after that, but that first season was pure genius.

#7 8 years ago

Dead Like Me was an awesome show, wish it would have lasted longer. Funny stuff.

#8 8 years ago

Wonderfalls was definitely a sleeper hit, Pushing Daisies really went for it also. If Bryan Fuller does get this off the ground- I guess I'll watch... But Drama?!? An HOURS worth?!? Seems doomed to me.
    Now who's going to fill Fred's shoes I wonder?
    Ron Perlman???

#9 8 years ago

Munsters is too much like Monster Bash. Let's do another AFM if we're gonna copy something !

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Now who's going to fill Fred's shoes I wonder?
    Ron Perlman???

Gwynne was definitely awesome in that show, but I'm assuming the modern version of Herman won't look like Frankenstein or be nearly as goofy. Perlman would actually be a perfect casting choice. He's a great actor, has the perfect stature for the role, and has a huge cult following.

#11 8 years ago

So far I like what they are doing with Grimm, so I guess they might have a chance...
    The cult following of the original show is going to be a hard nut to crack. Even if they take it down a darker road, I am still not seeing the draw bringing The Munsters franchise back to life- at least not on T.V.
    If they were able to do a movie ala 'TAF', it might have stronger legs...
    Raul Julia really opened my eyes to approaching Gomez's quirks in a different manner. I really was sold on his character- hook, line and sinker! Angelica as well, she just exuded sex appeal! The two in that film- and the great supporting cast really made TAF a timeless classic. That is probably why it made for such an awesome pinball machine!
    I sure hope the next Herman has the acting chops to pull it off! (That is why I voted for Perlman!)
    Now,
    Who's going to play Lily?
    Can I vote for Salma?!?
    Salma_Hotel.jpg

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

So far I like what they are doing with Grimm

I haven't watched it yet, but I have all the episodes on my TiVo. Sometimes I like to wait on a new show before I start watching it. That way you can have a little mini-marathon and watch a bunch of episodes in a row.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I haven't watched it yet, but I have all the episodes on my TiVo. Sometimes I like to wait on a new show before I start watching it. That way you can have a little mini-marathon and watch a bunch of episodes in a row.

Let me know how this show is, they film a lot of it right down the street from where I work, and I have been hearing more and more about it lately.

And back on topic, why not make a Munsters? Both MB and TAF (obvious comparisons) are considered classics and A-listers with a broadly appealing theme, it seems like an obvious choice. Kind of like the recent string of superhero pins from stern.

#14 8 years ago

I think the Munstermobile was the 2nd coolest 60s TV car (eclipsed only by the Batmobile).

Both created by the king of all SoCal customizers: George Barris.

Would make a great mod; love to see the pin made.

MunsterKoach2c.jpg

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Munsters is too much like Monster Bash. Let's do another AFM if we're gonna copy something !

+1

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

Both created by the king of all SoCal customizers: George Barris.

+1!
    I am waiting for spfxted to pull out a picture with George, in 3-2-1....

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Munsters is too much like Monster Bash.

That's precisely why I think the game would be a good seller.

#18 8 years ago

Grimm is good...don't miss it!

#19 8 years ago

The two yoots...
    I'm sorry, the two what??
    The two... youuuths

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

The two yoots...
    The two... youuuths

LOL! Great film. What ever happened to Pesci? I can't even think of any movies he made this millennium.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

The two yoots...
    The two... youuuths

LMFAO! Are you mocking me with that outfit toyotaboy??? That movie is hilarious!!

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I agree, but make the Next AFM look alike have More shot's ..

#23 8 years ago

Yes! Come on Jersey Jack!!

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! Come on Jersey Jack!!

I can definitely see JJP doing the Munsters.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

What ever happened to Pesci? I can't even think of any movies he made this millennium

actually pesci hadn't done anything since that "gone fishing" movie he did a while back.. then he revisited his "my cousin vinny" character for snickers:

10 months later
    #26 7 years ago

A Munsters pin would be great. I could see a Drop hole for Grandpa's cellar laboratory, under the stairs shot to get Spot, Eddies Wolfie Doll, A stomping Herman playfield character, the coach car and dragster toys, Lilly playing the Organ, etc...etc.

#27 7 years ago

I think the Munstermobile was the 2nd coolest 60s TV car

As a kid I always thought grandpa's Drag-U-La coffin car was much cooler

DragStrip4.jpg

#28 7 years ago

Great pic of the Drag-U-La car!

#29 7 years ago

This high performance ghoulish dragster was made from an ornate Owens-Corning fiberglass casket trimmed in royal purple velvet silk. It has an antique gold finish and Italian gold leaf delicately applied to the exterior. Antique head and tail lights with solid silver spiders on the hub caps carry out the funeral motif nicely.

The casket rests on a tube chassis and embodies a very lively 350 HP Ford Mustang engine with a 12 volt Autolite electrical system. Drag-U-La has dual 4 barrel carburetors with a Ram-thrust MT manifold and creepy bat-shaped forced-air scoops. Out of the side of the casket spouts the exhaust pipes which resemble metal organ tubes. The radiator of the car resembles a "casket inside a casket" and is solid brass built by Radiator Dynamics. To finish it off the grille is a marble gravestone with the following inscription: Born 1367, Died ?

- Jeremy Rooney

dragula2.jpg

#30 7 years ago

It really surprises me this theme hasn't been used on a Pinball machine. The Monster themed machines have done really well in the past.

#31 7 years ago

It really surprises me this theme hasn't been used on a Pinball machine.

Would anybody in the all valuable 18-35 year old range know who the Munsters were?

5798626250_3a455f2e8f_b.jpg

#32 7 years ago

33, I remember watching them.

As far as this new reboot show goes, I read that it is already doomed and they are just showing the pilot as a one off because it cost so much to make. I would not get to excited or expect more episodes.

#33 7 years ago

My 10 year old son knows who they are because he and i watch the old reruns. He likes Lost in Space too.

#34 7 years ago

I always liked the Munsters, but the Addams family was always my favorite. I just wish the pin was based on the show and not the movies.

#35 7 years ago

I am 32 and know the Munsters well. Growing up I watched them, Addams, and Mr Ed all the time. I also rock out to Dragula a lot while driving my roadster. Was looking forward to seeing more Eddie Izzard since he was cast as the new Grandpa. Bring on the Munsters!

#36 7 years ago

I'm 34 and I watched the original and Munsters Today in syndication.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Would anybody in the all valuable 18-35 year old range know who the Munsters were?

Yes they would, thanks to Rob Zombie including references of the Munsters in his songs, writings, collections, song videos and live stage show presence.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Yes they would, thanks to Rob Zombie including references of the Munsters in his songs, writings, collections, song videos and live stage show presence.

That's good to know, I loved that show as a kid.

I did not know if kids still listened to Zombie (Dragula was 15 or so years ago...).

#39 7 years ago

The new Munsters show, Mockingbird Lane, was already canceled due to creative differences. They only taped the pilot which will air October 26th.

#40 7 years ago

Robert, with all of your knowledge about Elvira, Scared Stiff, etc...what is your opinion of a classic Munsters themed pin as a successful title?

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from RockChalk:

Robert, with all of your knowledge about Elvira, Scared Stiff, etc...what is your opinion of a classic Munsters themed pin as a successful title?

Personally, I think it would be a great title, but it would *have* to be based on the original show, obviously. Trailers for the new Mockingbird Lane looked semi entertaining, but I could see why it got killed.

Plus, people are dying (no pun intended) for a dark, spooky, haunted kinda theme.

#42 7 years ago

Dark, spooky, haunted... YES!

#43 7 years ago

Yes, i think it would only work will with the original Munsters show. It is very iconic and has some great elements from the show that could creatively be put into the game.

#44 7 years ago

still one of the best shows

#45 7 years ago

Anybody down in Texas ever go check out the replica mansion? If it was closer, I'd definitely have to go.

http://www.munstermansion.com/

#46 7 years ago

Brad Garrett can play Herman Munster!

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Brad Garrett can play Herman Munster!

That's funny you say that, my Dad and I were literally having this exact discussion recently. We both agree, he would make a fantastic Herman Munster.

3 years later
    #48 3 years ago

I know this thread has not been updated in over 3 years, but I just came across it. I think a Munsters Pinball machine would be so amazing!!!!! It is a great show and you can include so much amazing artwork and props in the game.

2 years later
    #49 10 months ago

Now that was a good forecast

#50 10 months ago

Yup, Only took 7 years... LOL Now can we get a He-Man pin. LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 88.00
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside