(Topic ID: 303313)

Multiple Pins - Sell individually? As a lot? Trade?

By DRTaylor

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinslot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I am thinking about selling 3 pinball machines and a playfield. I'm not sure if I'm better off selling them individually, as a lot, or trying to trade with a restoration shop for a newer or restored machine.

Nothing super-special:
Aztec - Working w/some scoring issues and one area of significant playfield wear
Stop-n-Go - Working, complete, sharp considering its age
Fireball Home Edition - has the common power supply issue, could fix to make it work before selling
Playboy (1978) Playfield - intact top and bottom

I purchased these intending to restore them and found myself bogged down with work and other projects.

I've never sold a pinball machine before, only purchased them, so I need some guidance!

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from DRTaylor:

I am thinking about selling 3 pinball machines and a playfield. I'm not sure if I'm better off selling them individually, as a lot, or trying to trade with a restoration shop for a newer or restored machine.
Nothing super-special:
Aztec - Working w/some scoring issues and one area of significant playfield wear
Stop-n-Go - Working, complete, sharp considering its age
Fireball Home Edition - has the common power supply issue, could fix to make it work before selling
Playboy (1978) Playfield - intact top and bottom
I purchased these intending to restore them and found myself bogged down with work and other projects.
I've never sold a pinball machine before, only purchased them, so I need some guidance!

No "restoration shop" is going to be interested in this oddball collection of low-value games, and no collector is going to be interested in trading anything decent for them. A low-end collector/tinkerer may be interested, there's always people looking for cheap projects. Put them up at a "combo price" and individual price and see if anybody bites.

This is not an offer that's going to set the marketplace afire, these games are maybe worth a couple hundred bucks each, so I wouldn't get to excited.

#3 2 years ago

Thank you for your thoughts CrazyLevi - it's good to know I'd likely be barking up the wrong tree with a restoration shop.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No "restoration shop" is going to be interested in this oddball collection of low-value games, and no collector is going to be interested in trading anything decent for them. A low-end collector/tinkerer may be interested, there's always people looking for cheap projects. Put them up at a "combo price" and individual price and see if anybody bites.
This is not an offer that's going to set the marketplace afire, these games are maybe worth a couple hundred bucks each, so I wouldn't get to excited.

Stop ‘N’ Go is a rare game you don’t see often anymore. If it’s in good condition, it’s probably the most valuable of the lot. Only 3 have sold on here and are usually about $600-$1000

Aztec with wear and issues is a few hundred, and Fireball Home Edition is not popular with collectors.

Throw out a bundle price with Stop ‘N’ go as the main item, you should do fine

#5 2 years ago

Isn‘t Playboy a midrange EE in the states? I’d expect a minimum of 1000€ for one like you describe on EBay in Germany.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

Isn‘t Playboy a midrange EE in the states? I’d expect a minimum of 1000€ for one like you describe on EBay in Germany.

It's only a playfield.

#7 2 years ago

Sell them individually. In my neck of the woods, projects are much harder to find than they were ten years ago. They will sell. I hate FaceBook Marketplace but that seems to be where people insist on selling things these days.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

It's only a playfield.

I should read more carefully.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multiple-pins-sell-individually-as-a-lot-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.