Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by WOLF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm adding token mechs to my Wild Fyre (which already has a credit button mounted on the door and attached to one of the coin slot switches).

Sometimes when I press the credit button, the game counts up to three credits. Other times it just works as expected and only counts one credit. Game is set to one coin = one credit.

Now that I installed the token mechs, I see that the coin switches also have this problem. Sometimes counting up to 10 credits before stopping.

I ran a switch test and all three switches register when pressed and unregister when released. Nothing mechanical is sticking.

I disconnected the credit button to see if perhaps that was the cause, but the coin slot switches still have the problem.

Why would a game rack up multiple credit switch hits even though the switch was instantly released? Something in the back box?

Thanks!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Now if you had an Oscilloscope, LOL.

Hm... sounds expensive.

#5 9 years ago

Bump. Still having this problem. Anybody?

#7 9 years ago

You mean physically bouncing? Like the switch is twanging up and down? No, there's nothing like that going on.. and it happens with three different switches (and one is a push button).

I'll put a video up when I get a chance.

#10 9 years ago

Hello, welcome to amateur hour. I'll be your host this evening.

I figured out the problem. First, the dip switches weren't quite set correctly.. in fact they were set to something not even listed in the coin/credit chart. This may account for the odd credit tally behavior. I set them properly to 1 coin = 1 credit and the coin drops now work perfectly.

The 'free play' push button seems to occasionally still register a couple credits per press, but I'm pretty sure that it's just a flaky button since the switches work 100% now.

Man! I love the sound of a token going through a coin mech and then clinking onto the pile in the coin box. So much more satisfying than pressing a free play button.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multiple-credits-from-one-coin-mech-switch-hit?tu=cheezywhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.