You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

28E22DB2-A371-499B-A12D-A376698D7EF0 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kallek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi,

Used to fixing SS games and now bought my first EM. Love the mechanics but I have a bit to learn still.

My night rider has some starting issues.
1. When starting the machine it’s lights up and nothing more. Should a EM reset upon power on?

2. When pressing the start button the game tries to reset but just skips to the next ball (without even shooting the ball to the shooter lane). After each “ball” I get some points. After the 5-balls skips trough, wich takes approx 5 secs I end up with the same ending score 21000 points and the game goes over to game over-mode.

I’ve cleaned and adjusted the switches on the scoring wheels and cleaned all the Jones connectors. I guess I have some more cleaning to do but do you guys have an idea what would cause such issues?

#5 4 years ago

Thank you all for suggesting things!

Edednedy seems to be right about the bonus wheel. I resettled it in normal position and now everything is zeroing out but...

Still no ball showing up in the shooting lane, no flippers and no nothing on PF.

Well, I’ve only spent about 30 min on the machine today so i guess it’s all about cleaning more stuff. I really hope to get it going, it will be a present for my dad on his 60th birthday. I still have a couple more weeks to go and I hope I can make it.

My aim now is getting the pin to “boot” allright and the get on with the PF that needs some work. But overall it’s in rather nice shape, esp for being 45 yrs old.

Thank you all again, really great forum!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6 4 years ago

So, a little progress is made.

Now the game kinda starts a game, ball kicks out, score wheels resets, flipper, bumpers, slings etc. works. Allt this got fixed after i cleaned the cabinet connectors in the rear end of the "under the playfield board" a 2nd time.

But the scorewheel keeps spinning and the top saucer and the drop targets keeps resetting...

Any ideas?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If you mean that a particular score wheel keeps advancing when trying to reset, check the switches on that score wheel for proper adjustment. You can compare with the switch adjustments on another working score wheel.

Sorry, i mean the score motor under the PF. It keeps spinning...

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

How far is it getting in the reset sequence in the manual?
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1677/Bally_1976_Night_Rider_Manual.pdf
Also, which of these switches is giving it continuous power?[quoted image]

Will check this tonight - it is affecting the bonus stepper unit (see below) Thnx.

If I manually advance the bonus stepper wheel one step after hitting the credit button it stops. See pic for position before stepping it forward. Is this the right “default” start setting for the bonus stepper? It seems to be one pin off? The bonus wheel is spinning counter-clockwise in the picture.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago

Ok. Found the problem. The advance bonus stepper coil had a wire that was broken and shorting. Wound off the wire one turn and soldered it back to the lugs. Now it works allright! Se pic.

Next problem: can only add one player. When adding another player the score motor starts (register) but when 1st player drains it never advances to the next player... ideas?

28E22DB2-A371-499B-A12D-A376698D7EF0 (resized).jpeg28E22DB2-A371-499B-A12D-A376698D7EF0 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kallek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multipel-problems-bally-en-night-rider?tu=kallek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.