(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
20230804_113638 (resized).jpg
WAMONH first play (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skipnatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Get ready for Running With Scissors!
1.0.0.0 is now released. Check it out tonight with Buffalo Pinball, live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://twitch.tv/buffalopinball
1.0.0.0: 08/29/2022
- Added Running With Scissors wizard mode!
- Running With Scissors deserves more than one bullet
- It's a game within a game with its own strategies and risk/reward scenarios
- There. Is 4 bullets enough?
- Enabled replays
- Added GameAttribute to determine the replay award (currently credit or points)
- Added scoring multiplier text to the Al-pad, backbox, and apron LCD area. It's based on the number of shirts collected.
- Now use curtains in attract mode and at start/end of ball
- Changed priorities of songmode's scoops (For things like MS and VIP) and Harvey's dim grass and active scoops so that Harvey's dim grass doesn't override the mode's active scoops
- Removed outer loops as answer shots in Word Crimes to avoid having to shoot a wrong answer to stage an upper flipper for a correct answer
- Added red-fading lightshow to right ramp sign lights to indicate active magnet cooldown
- Added lighting of outer right loop insert when the ramp is lit, as the ramp blocks the loop, and the insert is visible through the clear ramp
- Added more voice callouts!!!
- Changed intro cancellation to both red buttons instead of just one button
- Changed both backbox and playfield mode indicators to more clearly show which have already been played
Enjoy!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com
[quoted image]

How are we going to watch this on Buffalo tonight when we know Kevin won't be getting there :kappa:

#1605 1 year ago

I suppose instead of:kappa: I could have used /s since I know about the save states yada yada Kevin pinball joke something something Crosstown shot on Heist

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:Follow up: Get rekt Skip!

I was just motivating you, you're welcome.

1 month later
#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. I guess getting the ball up the ramp will be better than risking tilting a ball when caught on the scoops. The scoops are smooth so don’t expect any adjustment would help with ball being stuck on a scoop.

For another perspective, I have my game at 7 degrees and have no issue hitting the spiral ramp or with ball hangups there. Took some dialing in of the flipper power, but shoots great this way for me.

2 months later
#1974 1 year ago

If you have any sort of coordination and don't need it for accessibility reasons, using the two buttons is just like stage flipping but easier. Takes all of a few games to get your brain in that mode. You're only hindering yourself by putting the flippers on one button.

2 weeks later
#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Outlane config: So far we have found the middle post position is the most fun, with the outlane slide set to the same width as the inlane.
[quoted image]

Does a ball fit in that outlane? I'm genuinely curious as it would not appear to lol

3 weeks later
#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Are there online high-scores for Weird Al?
I'll probably keep my P3 offline, but if I I could check other folks high scores, I would know exactly how much my scores suck!!
- Mark

Everyone sets their games up differently, comparing your scores on your games to others on their games is not really relevant. Doing your best in your circumstance is really all that matters.

Online leaderboards for pinball are about as useful as a clogged up toilet. Eventually all you've got is shit.

1 week later
#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

What is your game pitched at? I set mine up a week ago and I just kinda eyeballed it. It seems to play well. But today I measured the pitch at 7.8. Maybe that's making the right orbit ramp harder than it needs to be.
Also, if I flip to raise the flipper as the ball is coming down an inlane towards the flipper, which is something I'm in the habit of doing, I notice the ball hops. The action of the flipper flipping is sending a jolt through the inlane guide and popping the ball up before it ever gets to the flipper. Is that normal for P3? It just a little different than what I'm used to so I wanted to check. Overall the flippers are really nice. All of the usual flipper skills work just fine. This is the only notable difference to me.

What you are describing with your flippers is normal for the P3. You can use this to your advantage to pass the ball from one side to the other on the fly (aka "P3 pass") or to slow the ball in the inlane easier than on other games.

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Are you describing the typical ski pass (aka Evel Knievel pass), or there's an extra hop that makes it special to the P3?

No, not a ski pass...on a P3, a ball coming down thru an inlane can be transferred to the other side using this hop that the P3 flippers create if you flip at the correct time. It's a very useful maneuver if you can get the feel for it.

#2178 1 year ago

It's just a different feel and a few nuances for a P3 that take some getting used in terms of what flips you can do in what situations or what might send the ball out of control.

Once you know them and if you can drop catch consistently, I find controlling the ball on a P3 easier than on other games, personally. Part of this is the factory flipper silicones as they are much more tacky than what I usually use (titan low bounce bands), but I haven't experimented with switching them out.

#2227 1 year ago

Preferences are fine and all, but love and hate are strong terms for something that is so easy to get used to. Evolution of pinball as a game and platform is what the P3 is about IMO...the MM team has done everything they can to accommodate both. I don't see why this is so divisive. Try it both ways, pick the one you like.

It took me all of a few games to get used to a multi-button configuration. Video games in arcades don't all have the same control panel...same difference.

#2246 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Opinion from everyone....Yay or nay with the center post? I personally like them but I am wondering if the ball times will get too long with Weird Al if I install it (I don't want to open back up the outlanes). Also I consider myself a decent player yet I can't get scores like this [quoted image]

It's your game, set it up how you want. If you think the ball times are getting too long, tighten up the slings, open the outlanes, and ditch the center post or any combination of those.

I have the outlanes in the most open position with the hardest outlane posts and no center post and I prefer it that way but to each their own. It's not a contest, It's about what you enjoy.

And I should add, if you get some shirts and play certain modes well, you can get that type of score in one mode.

#2272 1 year ago

Sorry, that's just a fallacy that your lack of positive results is leading you towards, especially with a small sample size.

5 months later
#2563 7 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I just got mine today with a day one order. The new game buzz died pretty quick when I realized this is substantially larger than a standard game and there is no way to get it into my basement without taking the head off. I emailed Mulitmophic and they don't have any instructions on how to do this. Has anyone here done it? Any guidance from someone who has been in this situation would help.

Gammagoat on Discord in the P3 server gave me his directions which are also posted in the P3 owners thread somewhere if you give it a look. Worked like a charm even with the new design

#2564 7 months ago

Ok so technically Kevin posted it but it's Gammagoat's pics. Lol. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/22#post-6805214

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
11,500 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skipnatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.