(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
20230804_113638 (resized).jpg
WAMONH first play (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 2 years ago

While I'm not the world's biggest Weird Al fan, I've long thought Weird Al would make for a great theme. I'm excited to see the layout and gameplay and maybe one day actually play it.

My big issue is that, as a P3 game, the likelihood of it making its way on location is basically non-existent. And the cost of entry feels too high for someone who isn't fully committed to the P3 platform. With that being said, I hope this theme/game blows the lid off of P3 and finally gets it the attention that it deserves.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

What about the P3 do you think makes it less likely to be on location? Just that it's something kinda odd and new, or the extra technology might scare operators or...? The price *is* high, but I continue to be surprised by the number of Stern LEs in bars etc., and the P3 isn't much more expensive than those now.

The issues I see relate primarily to the price, and the way the modular "swap in a new game" functionality can be seen to give better value and offset the upfront cost. Yeah, you can buy Heist, Lexy, Cosmic Cart Racing and Weird Al but you are still locked into one playable game at a time. So if the Cabinet/Platform plus 2 modules is roughly the same as 2 Stern Pros (as I heard on a recent Fliptronic Heist stream) you still only have the earning potential of a single Stern Pro. So cost-to-earnings is obviously going to suffer. I hear you on the way some locations have LEs and for them this consideration might not be of concern but it seems to me that Pros (or equivalent) are the primary location game AND the best cost-to-earnings out there.

It seems fairly obvious that P3s business model better suits the home market and I don't think that is too controversial to say. I don't want anyone to take my comments as a knock against P3, I want them to succeed, I want to own one, but first I want to be able to actually try one.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Idk IF multimorphic sells them directly.
Gerry has said in multiple seminars that you can buy it from Lowes or home Depot in the cut to size department.

I have no doubt this is true because I've bought 0.25 lexan from them before for other applications.

And this is the best part about it, not having to go through speciality suppliers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
11,500 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.