(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,723 posts
  • 288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by flyhigh
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 2 years ago

Deposit put down, can't wait to hear more about this new game

3 months later
#263 2 years ago

Speculate amongst yourselves

Screenshot_20220217-102055 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220217-102055 (resized).png
#266 2 years ago

I'm not getting any hits on the image from Google reverse image or other sites. That means to me that this was created by P3, meaning this isn't just a hint where they grabbed a stock image. This could actually be from a storyboard or an image they are using in the game

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve heard rumors that the game will be revealed today. Maybe just the title reveal?? I’m excited for the new game. Played a P3 at expo and really enjoyed it

Who did you hear this from?

#396 2 years ago

I'm warming up to the theme a little, but I'm still curious if songs can be changed on P3 games. Like can I change Amish paradise back to gangster paradise for example. Just like pinball browser

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well we can't order it until there is a way to order it on their website. Some of us are pretty excited about this.
On that note, what sorts of music do you think will be on here. I personally am hoping for some food based modes.
I think that Weird Al's eclectic mix of styles could be fantastic depending on how licensing works on songs.
Weird Al could be the first Rap Pin with "White and Nerdy" and "Amish Paradis", the first Country Music pin with "Don't play that song", the first 80s pop music pin with "Like a Surgeon" or even the first polka themed pin. There are so many ways this could go.
I am really excited to see what sorts of mechs get put into this. I am hoping for an interactive dancing Weird Al, and look forward to seeing what is in store for us.

That's not necessarily true, P3 has two distros you could talk to. I think cointaker is one

#554 2 years ago

Wow, love that le topper. Need to study the game more, great song list. Congrats P3!

#557 2 years ago

If I can put down a $1,000 deposit and pay when my order is ready to ship I'm in. I just need Cointaker to open up the order banks. If it comes in time mine might even make it to the Allentown show.

16-18 weeks per the multi morphic website but expected to grow substantially. But if you already have the base game they have a separate line. I've emailed about getting on the le list as my game is supposed to be built in June. Lots of new upgrades to the system too. Check out that cross game habitrail for this module and new speaker lights

#582 2 years ago

Anyone know if multimorphic charges tax for people not in TX?

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I sent an email, but I think it will be ignored? Do I send another email at 9:00 on Monday? For some reason, I am confused on ordering. I have been checking the site every day. If someone has clarity on this, please explain it to me. Thanks, Jim

They have ordering instructions on the module page. Anything before that day and time will be ignored, so yes you should send another email when ordering opens

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I’m happy for MM but despite all the FOMO and flipping in the overall market, I’m surprised with the strength of LE sales. It really boils down to a topper, and maybe signed translite for true WA fans. Toppers just don’t seem to fit the modularity of the P3 IMO. An innovative, holographic type topper would make more sense. But great that so many are thrilled about getting an LE. I’ll be even more surprised (but shouldn’t be) if there is a premium flipper market for the LE package. Gerry should put out a Heist topper in between game releases for some easy money.

I personally like the art of the LE alot better. And yeah that interactive moving topper is one of the best out there too, again my opinion

#997 2 years ago

I have invoice 1095 from 9/2/2020 when I expressed interest in getting a P3. So not many invoices between 2020 and 2022. I'm assuming though that orders through their website wouldn't show up in the invoice numbering. I finally did preorder a system and only received a receipt #

#1009 2 years ago

I have no idea what the production schedule is, but invoice math shows a little over 550 sales. If this is true, and they cranked out 10 machines per week... you are looking at over a year. On top of that, if they really are 6 months behind in the queue... I would expect manufacturing to pick up based off of economies of scale with the large numbers of orders they just got. I do not see any scenerio where P3 already had more than 100 machines on backorder (probably 20-50 if I had to guess).
With that said, I think I am fairly early in the Weird Al queue and would be surprised if I got it by Thanksgiving. Thrilled but surprised.

Well using your math for number of games per week, they likely have more than 20-50 currently on backorder. Leadtime was quoted on the website was 16-18 weeks at a minimum. So 4 months x 4 weeks/month x 10 games a week = 160 games. They have a separate line for playfields is my understanding, the holdup is the machines.

All speculation on my part. I ordered in November and won't get my game until June

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

Looks like folks in the < #100 order club are scheduled in October. Folks around order #100 are at January/February. The goal is to ship all newly ordered machines and game kits within 12 months. That means a heck of a ramp up to go from 0 (October), 100 (January) 550+ February (12 months).
I'm sticking with it, as its too cool. It was going to be my first pin, but might have to pick up something to hold me over though.

You guys are funny. Don't forget about those of us that put in orders many months ago. That and parts delays are the reason these new orders start later

#1139 2 years ago

No you cannot change the music. There is no pinball browser equivalent for Multimorphic. I asked this question too. Also, i think it was ok the flipping and mashin podcast where Stephen silver from multimorphic said there is no plan to add additional halls, a very similar question was asked.

2 months later
#1428 1 year ago

I'm surprised there weren't more posts from the recent show the game was at. I really enjoyed my time on the game and I honestly thought I wasnt going to be alone once more people played it

2 weeks later
#1439 1 year ago

New Kaneda and Zach anti-P3 rant coming in 5...4...3...2...1

My bets on Kaneda saying "Heighway v2"

1 week later
#1446 1 year ago

I wonder how multimorphic would handle this DLC. Because they would have to pay to license the additional songs upfront I'm assuming. So do they bite the bullet, make what amounts to an expansion of weird Al, and then try to sell it? That's risky because not enough people may download it to pay for the work and licensing. And currently mini games are lost when the game is sold correct? I would never do that personally if an expansion were the same way

3 weeks later
#1469 1 year ago

My new estimated build date is late July/early August. I don't have the email in front of me with initial build date estimate but it has definitely slipped. Hopefully they're getting the ducks in a row and they don't reach that 6 month threshold for order cancellations

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

For everyone that put down deposits, I'm curious: are they transferrable/sellable? I've seen plenty of Halloween and Ultraman deposits for sale, but not one Weird Al. I figured either you can't transfer it (ouch) or everyone is so dedicated they'll ride out the wait. Anyone willing to put down a deposit and wait a year for a pin they hadn't played is pretty friggin' dedicated!

Why would I want to transfer or sell my spot, the game is freaking great! I don't remember this being covered leading up to order banks opening.

2 months later
#1626 1 year ago

One more weird Al out in the world.

PXL_20220913_212352165~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220913_212352165~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220913_231217072 (resized).jpgPXL_20220913_231217072 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1646 1 year ago

If only I could stop playing heist long enough to put weird Al in I could put up some high scores too!

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hi All,
I enjoy reading other pinsider’s perspectives on games and I’ve had a few PMs/texts from buddies asking for my thoughts as a first time P3 owner…so putting all in one place-here are my thoughts ~3 weeks in:
Context:
I love pinball and have a couple local friends who do as well so been lucky to have owned ~30 pins (4 at a time) in last ~3 years (NIB, sales, temp trades etc.). I like the idea of variety- several different types of shooters in my steady state 4-5 pin collection. I’ve owned 5JJPs, a Spooky, some Bally Williams, a Pinball Bros, and the rest Sterns. Sometimes I enjoy a 1hr LOTR or deep+broad code game, a get your ass kicked by speed and brutality of SW or IM, and everything in between. I like that there are more manufacturers these days- and I like for at least 1 of my pins, companies that push the limit of innovation (even if it misses sometimes). Push to shove I take Elwin- his pins are prob 4 of my top 5 (but I would only have 2-3 in a 4 pin collection ). I first played P3 at the Pinball Gallery when I was just getting into home use experience. - Bill tried to tell me many times how great it was but my first few times I was skeptical. I don’t enjoy playing on location as much as at home as it is hard to hear/get immersed/understand rules etc.
P3- I have two more modules coming (CCR/Heist) but for now only have WAMOH. Very easy to set up and wow that thing is built like a tank! Very cool mechanism to slide up playfield and get it into different positions. The amount of screen space on PF + backbox is a spectacle. GnR was a beauty to look at with the light show, and WAMOH has similar wow factor (I also have the speaker lights which are really well done + integrated, and the topper which is well done and fits weird Al well). Little bit of grinding sound to it but doesn’t bother me (reminds me of LZ topper sound). The magnetic decals on side are so sleek and although haven’t swapped yet, it is clearly very easy which could be nice to switch up art on the fly and keep things fresh. Accessing the menus and different games/settings is very intuitive if you ever used an iPhone or other device. There is a little bit of extra load time than usual but not a big issue for me. I had an issue initially where balls were being shot out relentlessly so game was unplayable. I have heard about the great support of the MM crew and they delivered. They provided me a few ideas to try that did not work, and also another option to record a log of play, and send it to MM easily over the internet/wifi which was super easy. Then I received photos with markup of where the issue was, and it was an easy fix of the opto in back scoop (was being blocked by a wire that was just out of view).
Gameplay- My reaction after a few weeks and ~20hrs of play is I am very impressed. I didn’t think P3 would feel as much like pinball as it does. First few games I thought this is fun and different, but didn’t feel as much like pinball. After more play though, it really does- nudging, deadflip/drop catches, learning the angles and trajectories, etc. …its definitely pinball. The different buttons for different flippers felt odd and I planned on moving to single button- but now its one of my favorite things about the P3 and feels natural. I enjoy the extra challenge but little by little it feels like riding a bike. The suspended flippers feel totally normal to me now, and I was very happy how powerful the flippers were (as strong as Stern to me). The row of scoops adds incredible opportunities for diversity of shots as well- very cool.
WAMOH
I listened to weird al in late 80s for an album or two but not a huge fan…but I love the theme here. So well done, the call outs by Al, the ridiculousness of the songs and lyrics, it all works for me for pinball. I am very impressed with the code. 1) its polished (less and less the norm around release time for industry), 2) its broad and deep (10 modes- which all feel different, rewards or bonus modes for completing a mode, 4-5 MBs, side objectives, several wiz modes, creative bonus multipliers etc. including a few minus/penalties which is cool), 3) its not easy but not terribly hard…so it is approachable for my family. Although ball times for them are on shorter side, they are able to start a mode and I like mystery awards to throw you a random MB award that you otherwise may not achieve). 4) bravo on not just making an Extra ball- but rather calling it a Free Pass, and a separate fire hose award (a challenge based EB/save opportunity, a la WOZ TOTO or TNPLH). This is definitely an immersive pin- you feel like you are in Weird Al’s weirdo museum.
The shots are really impressive. It isn’t easy to make a good-feeling or new shot in Pinball, and they have a couple that are notable. The upward spiral shot feels so good. Not only that, but if you hit it for example on a skill shot, you then can crank an upper loop, AND then a ramp bump or 3rd shot to send it to UHF camera for a super duper (or something) skill shot. Im not a huge skill shot guy, but this one is just fun as hell and probably only second to DP left flipper/crank to katana shot for me. The second shot I didn’t realize until second week- is the right ramp (meal ticket). The ramp isn’t always down but when it is, it makes what is an insanely steep shot. I didn’t realize that 2/3 of the way up is an assist magnet so if your ball gets 50-60% of the way up, the magnet grabs it and sends it around to upper left playfield or Harvey lock. It could be clunky or unnatural, but nope- it feels so butter…amazing engineering/design! The Harvey lock is very cool with the spinning wheel so if you like mechs that is unique. I enjoy the semi random exit from the wheel back onto playfield as well. Otherwise the way they packed in so many ramps/ball paths/diverters is just impressive; and it works. The two upper flippers are also really fun, for slam dunks into the scoop wall or other crazy angles. The only downside for me with layout is it feels like many shots are in that narrow V- up the playfield, and a couple of them you cant make from bottom flipper (I assume this is P3 in general). All in though the 4 flippers balance this out for me and create a gameplay that is pretty unique.
Would I buy a P3 as my only pin? I’m not sure because of nostalgia and the more traditional layouts I am used to. But if its pin #2 or more, absolutely (and again full disclosure I haven’t yet enjoyed the additional modules and game options within each module). What MM has done is impressive and I really appreciate again the fact that they’ve brought such innovation to pinball. This is a really unique system with great game options, and WAMOH is just fun (and challenging, and unique…)- so anyone waiting to buy/get delivery on P3 or WAMOH add on, I think you’re in for something pretty special! Good luck.

Great review. Add that as an official review with a score if you haven't yet and have a chance. I recently received my weird Al and heist and I feel the same way as you. My biggest complaint is the number of issues right out of the box and early on, it's excessive. Just wait until you get heist! I got heist and popped it in to make sure it survived shipping and I couldn't bring myself to take it out, it's so good!

#1685 1 year ago

The way to score points in this mode is
A- make the wrong shot for letter A
B- make the wrong shot for letter B
C- make the correct shot for letter C
D- make the wrong shot for letter D

1 month later
#1728 1 year ago

Wow so multimorphic is finally building day one orders. It's a fun game, everyone will enjoy it

#1749 1 year ago

After Spooky blew their lead on a mediocre design I think Multiorphic is in the lead on customer sentiment.
Weird Al movie is great.

That is true until they announce sonic

1 month later
#1987 1 year ago

That's the problem with the wireform being over that lip, creates a ball trap on balls that barely make it up the spiral. Happens about once every other game to me and have to almost tilt to free it

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

The top lane (exit path from spiral) goes downhill to the left. So the wires being on top should not create a ball trap. Weak shots that don't reach the end of the wireform (the apex) should fall back down the wireform. Shots that make it off of the wireform should fall to the left over or into the top lane diverter. There's a sliver of gap between that top lane diverter and the edge of the diverter cutout that a slow moving ball can rest on, but ball search should clear that. If it happens a lot, you might need to adjust the software settings for the diverter "down" position a bit.
I just manually pushed a ball up to the apex of the spiral with the tip of my finger, and I couldn't push it over the apex slow enough to get it to settle into the cutout. I'm not sure it could ever get stuck on this machine/playfield. If it happens naturally, it should be exceedingly rare. Feel free to send pics of yours when it gets stuck. We can probably identify what needs to be tweaked.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Thanks Gerry. Yeah I can assure you it's happening on mine but if there's a tweak to fix it that's great. I'll submit a ticket with a picture when it happens. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=pinballtilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.